Las Tablas Colombian Steak House
2942 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Las Tablas Colombian Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lastablas.com/
- Phone: 7738712414
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Las Tablas Colombian Steak House
Originally founded over twenty years ago, Las Tablas is Chicago's premier Colombian restaurant. Our versatile and award-winning menu has something for all tastes, and our homemade sangria and other Latin cocktails are sure to delight your palate. Our signature house dish is the 'entraña' skirt steak, and was named 'Best Skirt Steak in the U.S.' by national food program 'America's Best Bites'. Try it alone or pair it with any number of choices including grilled chicken breast, grilled tiger shrimp, grilled pork loin, or several other choices. If you're feeling more adventurous and hungry, try our version of Colombia's national dish, the Bandeja Paisa (see photos). And for those not feeling so carnivorous, we also offer vegetarian options. We look forward to serving you, and showing you why Las Tablas is still Chicago's first choice for Colombian cuisine after more than two decades. Bienvenidos!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Las Tablas Colombian Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (10)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Consistently FantasticTripleADinerVIPDined on 7/22/2014Always great to come here. Food is excellent, service is quality. Great for big groups.Special Features:
- Fantastic Colombian Food!LatinExplosionDined on 6/5/2014If you've never had Colombian food, this should be your first stop in Chicago. Great steaks as well as the traditional appetizers//snacks. Their empanadas, Arepas, chorizo and plantains are fantastic! You will leave here full and your palate will thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Las Tablas Colombian Steak House reviews archive.
- Great steak, sangriamccredDined on 5/16/2014Their house specialty steak is a thinner flank steak with amazing marinade, not a normal thick steak from a American steakhouse. But so tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I had call to confirm they were having a brunch for mother day. I got there server wasn't informative about menu. They did not have the brunch. Only hads 1 ítem on kids menu. We order 5 burgers for kids cause that was only chose and only 2 vana Our cause they only had 2 patties. We were told. Had to wait a long time fir everything I would never go there again.Special Features:
- Great experience for a group of 20OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/5/2014They were very accommodating for a group that was larger than was originally planned. Service and food was unique and well-prepared.Special Features:
- Great placeBillDined on 2/27/2014I've been here a few times, it's top notch. One critique is that the ribs part of the special platter have almost no meat on them, and were kind of dry. Everything else in the house special was fantastic though. Good wine, staff is great, prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basement, near bathroomKaimadaDined on 2/15/2014We've been going here for several years and always found it to be good. But this time was our last. We had 7 PM reservations and although we had a short wait, we were taken down to the basement past the restrooms and we were seated in a cold room. The smell from the bathroom was unwelcome and the banging of the bathroom door combined with the hand dryer buzzing was annoying. The food and service also disappointed. The waiter came once to take our orders and never once returned to ask for refills for drinks. The steaks were not cooked as requested and when a rare steak was returned to be grilled further, it came back dark, cold and just as rare. Perhaps they were just too busy but I think the basement service, was just that.
- Las Tablas is great!NikBDined on 2/15/2014Las Tablas never disappoints! I have only been here a handful of times, but each time was a great experience. We had the same host each time as well. The food and drinks are great! Not shady with the food or liquor portions! I always look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsDonahueDined on 1/27/2014I went here with 10 other people for my buddy's bday and had a great time. The food was amazing and it is byob during the week (only wine and liquor tho). I shared their combination plate w my fiancé and it was more than enough food. Also the waiter over heard it was my friends bday so he surprised us with a free piece of flan w a candle. I would highly recommend this place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksCubanGalVIPDined on 1/25/2014Awesome taste and quality steaks - this is not traditional steak house, focus on skirt steaks, chicken, shrimp. Large portions, delicious seasonings. Be sure to try chimichurri on meats There are salads and other sides available, but our server did not ask or suggest any of them. Liked this place so much on the 1st visit, that we returned with friends just 5 days later. Next time, we're going to come later and try to listen to live music - that was starting as we left and looked to be great fun.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceGOODFOODDined on 1/25/2014This was a great place for my family to celebrate a birthday. The waiter was very tentative to all our needs. They were able to add a table when more family member showed up. The food was delicious,every family member enjoyed their dish. Thanks for the super job !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so much flavor!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014This was a great find! The reviews said to try the steak and empanadas, so we did and we weren't disappointed! Possibly the best tasting steak i have ever had. The sangria was yummy too! Finished it off with some coconut flan. To die for!Special Features:
- EhhEhhWaitedForeverDined on 12/14/2013Had a reservation at 9pm for 6! Waited till 10:30 for a table!! Not cool! The kids fell asleep before the food got there around 11:30! Not a good dinning experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice change for lunch time.Glcc42Dined on 12/9/2013Enjoyed the food. Loved the empanada, sausage, chicken, and fried pork belly. All the beef seems tough. I'm more used to the traditional thicker cuts. The grilled baby octopus were nicely done. Good experience. Our group of 8 was there for lunch on a Monday. So we made all the noise. I recall being there for dinner a while back when the place was packed and our party of four did not have problem conversationally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food lacked flavorLores77Dined on 12/7/2013We've been going to the Irving Park location and adore it and everything that surrounds the atmosphere. My group of 8 was in agreement that the food lacked flavor as compared to the Iriving Park location. Next time we will stick to what we know. It was an experience and from that we learned from it. The mojitos are great though, which the group adores.Special Features:
- Excellent night outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/5/2013Dined with 3 buddies on a Thursday night. Between the 4 of us we had entraña (skirt steak), grilled octopus, grilled pork loin, grilled shrimp and grilled chicken. All of the meat was excellent, great latin seasoning and cooked to perfection. The entraña was definitely the star of the show....super tender and full of flavor. Empañadas are pretty good and week day BYOB is a huge bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JoJoBDined on 12/1/2013Took my brother to Las Tablas for his birthday on 12/1. We were extremely pleased with the ambiance, food & spectacular service. Great place for a good steak, combo platters for "meatheads", excellent grilled seafood & salads. Plan to go back & check out the Sunday Brunch…surprising this gem was practically empty on a Sunday afternoon, especially since Brunch is only $12.95. Fabulous alternative to the other South American type steakhouses - at half the cost!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ServiceAnnoyedDined on 10/26/2013I made a LUNCH reservation here for 12. We were the 2nd table there but we sat for almost 15 min before a server even said hi. By this time we already knew our drink, appetizer, and food orders so we placed them all at once. There was only 1 server there for the entire restaraunt on a Sat afternoon. We ended up waiting about 15 min for appetizers (which was fine) but we got our apps before any drinks came out. We had to ask for our drinks and still only got 1/2 of them. Our entrees even came out before the rest of our drinks! Even though the food was good, we were never checked on and barely received our drinks before done eating! I wouldn't recommend this place because the food doesn't make up for the frustration of trying to get service.
- Annoyingly Noisy crowdKurtVIPDined on 9/20/2013Food is good but the place is too noisy. Good for groups not for dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I use to live in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2013I use to live in the area and always enjoyed going to Las Tablas. Have since moved and drove into the city for my wifes birthday and I will have to say all that I use to enjoy about this restaurant is gone. The service was horrible. The restaurant was not crowded had 4 tables that were seated. We waited about 15 minutes for anyone to acknowledge that we had even entered the restaurant. Once they did it took another 15 minutes for a server to stop by. Again there were now 5 tables and 2 servers. Food is still great glad to see that hasn't changed. I would still recommend this restaurant I would just make sure to inform anyone not to expect great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Los TablasElishaDined on 8/24/2013It was a great experience, I dined there for my graduation dinner it was wonderful the food was excellent and my mom loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2013I was in Chicago for a wedding and happened to also be the weekend of my birthday. Being that my family is Colombian, I wanted to go to a good Colombian restaurant with all my friends. Now when it comes to Colombian food, I'm very picky but I have to say these people got it right. Incredible food and drinks! The quality of all the ingredients surpassed my expectations. I was disappointed that the desserts were frozen (probably not made in house) but they gave me a free slice of chocolate cake with a candle to sing happy birthday to me. All my friends (who are not Colombian) were raving about their food. All in all it was a great experience and I'm so glad I was able to spend my birthday dinner at Las TablasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2013Not being from Chicago we were looking for an ethnic restaurant in the Lakeview area. We went for lunch on a Saturday. It was not crowded and the waiter was fabulous. Had great recommendations which all were right on. Such a treat.Special Features:
- DeliciousJennJVIPDined on 7/28/2013My husband and I were on vacation in Chicago and asked around for good Colombian food. Las Tablas was recommended to us so we took out some friends and everyone loved it! The empanadas were delicious! Sangria was almost as good as I can get back home and our waitress was great!Special Features:
- Wonderful FindGailDined on 7/27/2013My husband and I were in Chicago with his 3 siblings and spouses for the weekend. I had checked with a friend of mine who lives up there for a great place to eat and he suggested this place. Wow was he right. We had made reservations but had to change them until later because we were biking around town earlier and weren't able to get there are the earlier time. They luckily were able to change them for an hour later. When we got there they seated us within minutes. The place was very lively as there were several large parties there. The drinks were good and strong, not complaining. A couple of us ordered the shared dinner for two in which we had a sampling of all the different meats, the rich, delicious flavors of the meat was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, very enjoyableBrentVIPDined on 7/20/2013We had a great time here. There were 7 of us for a birthday, and they couldn't have been nicer! The food was delicious, and the waiter was very helpful with his suggestions. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order and plate confusion.dinninggalDined on 7/13/2013I have been to Las Tablas a couple of times. This visit was to celebrate my husband's birthday with his family. There were 5 adults in total. Our waiter was very distracted and when he took our orders he did not write it down, he just looked at us as if he was an expert. Then when he brought our food he presented my plate with a different order of food and I told him I ordered steak with pork not chicken. Long story short my order was confused because the waiter did not take them time to write down what we wanted and was unable to recognize the items on the plate.I would rate this place three out of five.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great foodNadineYVIPDined on 7/9/2013You can never go wrong at Las Tablas. Always recommend the entrana (skirt steak) combo special. This time we tried another dish with pork belly and ribeye that was fantastic! Service was a little slow (we went on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was more than half full). Blackberry mojito was good, too.Special Features:
- Food was tasty. Loved theRoweDined on 6/29/2013Food was tasty. Loved the empanadas, the combination beef n shrimp. Sangria was a steal and refreshing. Ambiance was vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food - poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013Waiter served drinks one at a time while on his cell phone. Unacceptable. Waiter also rushed our order and brought appetizers out minutes before the entrees. Also unacceptable. No excuse for this. We were there at 500 pm and the restaurant was not even 25% full.If the food was not so fabulous I would not return. I will chalk it up to getting a bad server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful smells say it all!Dan60660Dined on 6/27/2013Walked in here w/o a reservation several weeks ago in the middle of Saturday dinner rush. We were told it would be at least 45 minutes to get a table (they were very accomodating and showed us to seats at the bar for our wait) but we were in a rush. However, the aroma of the skirt steak made us put Las Tablas as a "must visit" for the future. Several weeks and a Yahoo Daily Deal later we visited and were not disappointed. I had the steak and chicken combo, GF had the steak and pork loin. Plus a starter of the Empanadas combo. Delicious all off it! Prices were very reasonable to begin with, kick in Yahoo Daily $30 for $15 and it was a steal. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- If you are in the mood forRum4DesertDined on 6/25/2013If you are in the mood for wonderfully seasoned meat and large portions this is your restaurant.Special Features:
- Addictive seasoningsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/22/2013Whatever they use to season their steaks, you cannot stop eating them. Soooo delicious. We brought some out of town guests and they were in heaven. Awesome food. Great drinks too. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place for Colombian foodRebeDined on 6/21/2013We go here a few times a year, I think it is by far the best Colombian food in Chicago. The skirt steak is fantastic and never disappoints. The empanadas are fantastic too. The service is always impeccable. It is a little pricey (about $30/person if you get empnadas and an entree), but the food is always good. I would definitely recommend it. It is also located in a nice walkable neighborhood and has easy access to street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodMemeDined on 6/17/2013I'm not a huge fan of steak, but i ordered the skirt steak and it was amazing. It melted in your mouth and the sesoning was great on it. I would definitly go there again. we went for a Father's day dinner and my parents loved it, they want to go again for their 34th wedding anniversary next month. Sangria pitchers and their margarita was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2013Food and Service was excellent! This is a great dining experience that I look forward to doing again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food good priceKozEatsDined on 5/26/2013Nice place, romantic, tender awesome steak and baby octopus is awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/12/2013Las Tablas has a lively and welcoming atmosphere, the food is flavorful and the drinks nicely priced. No fancy high end snooty steak house here, so dont dont go there with those expectations. Every time I dine there with a group of family or friends I feel like I'm at home having a grill out. The portions are generous and you can find a good red wine on their list at a fraction of the cost of most places in the city. This last visit we started out with some empanadas, follwed by small churrasco and finished it off with their great coconut flan. Everything was very good and service was great, my only minor gripe is that I found the chicken empanadas to be a bit blah, I'll stick with the beef for nex time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiter wasn't attentive,Truth55Dined on 5/12/2013The waiter wasn't attentive, we had to call him any time we needed anything. No high chairs or booster sears available even thought there was minimal children. Poor service!Special Features:
- Review Las Tablas on LincolnLive2EatDined on 5/11/2013The food was excellent. Meat and seafood were deliciously seasoned and prepared just right. Never had to wait too long to get our soda's refilled. The help was very nice once we figured out who our server was. The only thing missing were some vegetable with the meal, I would recommend that option. I know there are side salads, but dinners should have a of vegetable option. Maybe diners should be allowed to pick the sides. I love yuca, potato and sweet plantains, but 2 of those would be fine with a veggie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.