Las Sirenas Mexican Seafood Restaurant and Lounge
199 Plato Blvd E.
Saint Paul, MN 55107Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Las Sirenas Mexican Seafood Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lassirenas.net/
- Phone: 6518882233x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 11:00am daily
Tuesday: 11:00am - 9:00pm,
Wednesday - Sunday:11:00am - 2:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chef Luis Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Full Buffets, Box lunches and other options available for Catering, inquire with our staff!
- Private Party Facilities: Las Sirenas boasts a private room for 120 people with bar and catering available seven days a week. Inquire with our staff for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Neyda 6512311304x
- Entertainment: Karaoke Thurs-Sunday 8-10pm
DJs and Live Music Fridays-Sundays, see website for Calendar
Family Mariachi Music Fridays 6-8pm
Saturday and Sundays 2pm and 6-8pm
Home of the alternative Cinco de Mayo Festival 2013!
A word from Las Sirenas Mexican Seafood Restaurant and Lounge
Las Sirenas is a new concept in Mexican Cuisine--straight from the sea! Las Sirenas features coastal dishes including Ceviches, Aguachiles, and the widest array of raw seafood as well as cooked shrimp and fish dishes than any other Mexican restaurant in Minnesota, a specialty Michelada menu, creative cocktails using fresh ingredients and lots of innovative dishes that you just can't get anywhere else! In addition,as the evening arrives, the heat turns up at Las Sirenas turns into one of the hottest Latin nightclubs in town with a large dance floor and live music weekly! For diners, enjoy live Mariachi on Sundays and a full outdoor patio! Boasting the only liquid bar in Minnesota, Las Sirenas is an undersea adventure via your palate, your senses, the libations, and the sounds of Mexico! Salsa Happy Hour Wednesdays at 5:00, Latin Karaoke Thursday-Sunday! Happy Hour 4-6pm with 2x1s and app. specials. Lunch specials Tuesday- Friday 11am-2pm $7.99! Open Tues-Sunday 11am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Las Sirenas Mexican Seafood Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great seafood specialtiesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Las Sirenas has a wide variety of Mexican seafood, this was our first time in. I had the bacon wrapped shrimp and it was served with a delectable medium spice sauce. My wife had the seafood stuffed tilapia, and we both agreed it was delicious!! I'm so glad I finally made the trip; the menu's a little more pricey than their sister restaurant El Nuevo Rodeo in Mpls, so I figured why bother. Now I know, we will definitely be back. It was quiet when we went, a Friday early eve. It may be louder once there's a band in there, but I can't confirm that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very AuthenticteddyVIPDined on 8/1/2014If you like real authentic mexican food, this is a good place. The servers are very pleasant and the food reasonableSpecial Features:
- LambVIPDined on 6/20/2014Shrimp fajitas were very good but the salsa and chips and the flan were not. Service was good but for a Friday night very few customers which I guess was nice because we were able to sit outside.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Jaguar!AdamDined on 5/30/2014It's actually know as the Chef's Special (or something like that) and El Jaguar in Spanish. It's a plate for two that samples all of their delicious meats (no seafood). Everything has a fantastic, traditional flavor and it comes in a giant hot mortar as the serving vessel. There are a few fire roasted onions and jalapenos thrown in for good measure and it comes with two healthy sides of rice and beans. I would go back just for that but I think there are several other things on the menu I need to try. We also had the fish and shrimp ceviche which was good by all standards and very good by MN standards.Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Las Sirenas Mexican Seafood Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- AverageMichaelDined on 5/6/2014Place was nice and quiet that night. Notably clean as well. But it had no flair about it. Service was OK, food was OK. That's it. It wasn't good and it wasn't so bad so just OK in my book. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there again and it is in odd location.
- Not your typical Mexican food!NcydunDined on 4/20/2014Order the Ceviche-we ordered the Shrimp-it was excellent. I would go back to try more of the traditional dishes-they have an a very broad menu. We brunched outside on Easter. They weren't set up yet, but took the time to accommodate us. They could use new patio furniture-sounds like they are working on that.Special Features:
- Delicious FindgoodeaterVIPDined on 3/1/2014We loved our dinner. Server was great, checked in regularly and made good suggestions. We particularly recommend the whole fish entrée, served with great accompaniments.I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingjondskaDined on 3/1/2014Since my wife and I love seafood we searched for some place nearby and found this place. I love restaurants with large parking lots! Our waitress was brand new so she had a little trouble with the menu but she was polite and attentive. We started with the shrimp ceviche and it was a very large portion and delicious. I ordered the Filete Relleno as it had a few very good reviews but I was not impressed. My wife ordered the tilapia with pineapple salsa and it was fantastic. We will definitely return as there are other menu items that look appealing and we like to support new businesses. This place has a lot of potential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014The food, particularly the shrimp dishes were terrific, but it took nearly an hour to be served. Perhaps it was due to the Valentine's day crowd.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningSandtruckDined on 1/16/2014A group of 7 of us there on a very cold and snowy night. Since very few diners ventured out that night, it was quiet, service was excellent as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service weresodlidDined on 1/11/2014The food and service were incredible. I don't understand why this place was deserted. My wife had a shrimp dish that was one of the best tasting things that I have ever tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedwvujenny72VIPDined on 12/31/2013The menu looked phenomenal but the food didn't quite live up to the hype. My fajitas lacked flavor and the meat was a little dry. They were gearing up for New Years celebrations and our waitress was a bit lacking on checking on us. The bartender (male) was very friendly and made a great margarita! So, there's a plus ;)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slow but food is greatMonkeyBillDined on 12/13/2013This restaurant will do really well when the service speeds up a little. The food is beyond amazing and the menu is one of the most diverse I have seen. I think this restaurant has the potential to be one of the best kept secrets in St. Paul with a little more marketing and attention to service. The server was good just not very efficient and food was a bit slow coming out of the kitchen.
- Surprized and PleasedteddyVIPDined on 12/7/2013We were very surprised and pleased at the quality of the food and service. We will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great twist on Mexican food!DougVIPDined on 9/10/2013Best, most interesting Mexican food in Twin Cities! Las Sirenas distinguishes itself from other Mex restaurants with its creative and tempting emphasis on fresh and flavorfully prepared seafood. Our server (Neyda) was very friendly, attentive, knowledgeable, and helpful in assisting with our choices. Spouse had the Shrimp a la Diabla (in Devil's sauce) and I had Filet Relleno de Mar (tilapia, stuffed with seafood). Both were absolutely delicious, served w tasty rice, flecked with veggies. For dessert, we shared Churros which were wonderful! Would love to return to sample their amazing selection of seafood soups. Prices are very reasonable. A nice venue, with a large outdoor patio and a room with dance floor and live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marginal at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2013The drinks and service staff were great. The guacamole was also fresh and tasty. I was disappointed with everything else we ordered as it was overdone.
- Very mixed pictureOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2013This is a tough restaurant on which to comment, because I think it could be a lot better than our experience was. Our waitress was pleasant enough, but really couldn't answer a single question about either the food or drinks menus. The tortilla chips were made of corn, and I personally prefer flour, but in any case they were overdone and tasted just ever so slightly burned. We had the stuffed tilapia and the shrimp/beef/chicken combo fajitas. The stuffed tilapia was outstanding - a really, really good dish which I would recommend highly. Fajitas were ordinary, like you could get anyplace. This could be a really good restaurant if they work at it, but it's not there yet. So my "yes" recommendation is really a "maybe." I'd go back I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodMattSand60VIPDined on 8/10/2013Did not like the food @ all there. Would not go back. They have different decor .Special Features:
- Just oktracyVIPDined on 8/9/2013Food was just ok. Nothing to write home about. Waitress did not know what some of the items were.
- First Time VisitingSeafppdDined on 7/30/2013Food was good; good enough to return to give them another try. The service needs picks up a bit for us to be repeating customers.
- Great opening - needs some polishggmspVIPDined on 7/22/2013Service was a little rocky, but I gather they just opened, and it wasn't bad, just not good. Extensive menu with lots of options for the adventurous. We tried a couple of things and they were very tasty. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindhastingsDined on 7/19/2013We have been looking for a good Mexican restaurant for a long time and were delighted to find Las Sirenas. The restaurant is easy to get to, has a nice atmosphere and most importantly a large, varied menu with great food. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Ocean Highlights!lkwarnerVIPDined on 6/24/2013This was a terrific restaurant. Very casual, but the popped a wow! We loved everything we tried on the menu. The Las Sirenas salad was amazing. The salsa was just the correct temp. Had an awesome time and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.