Las Fuentes Restaurant & Bar
1297 Bishops Lodge Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Las Fuentes Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bishopslodge.com/las-fuentes-restaurant-bar
- Phone: 5058194035x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm Seasonal
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Southwest, American
- Executive Chef: Christopher McLean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bishop's Lodge is a premier Santa Fe Wedding Destination resort. The Ballroom comfortable accommodates up to 230 guests.
- Entertainment: Contemporary Santa Fe musicians on weekend nights and during Sunday Brunch.
Live Latin Music on Thursday nights with Churrasco event.
A word from Las Fuentes Restaurant & Bar
Las Fuentes Restaurant and Bar offers creative Nuevo Ranchero cuisine that melds Spanish, New Mexican, French, and Native American flavors created by Executive Chef and Certified Sommelier Christopher McLean. The inspired dining area features majestic beamed ceilings, authentic Navajo rugs and commissioned murals by early Santa Fe artist W.E. Rollins. For dinner, guest choose flavorful entrees from "the waters" or "the mountain top," with each dish created to provide variety for differing tastes. Dress is informal by day and dressy casual in the evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Las Fuentes Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)special occasion (6)romantic (5)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- NO SHADE for outdoor dinngtjsmdVIPDined on 8/27/2014We want to support the new Executive Chef, Tom Kerpon, so we made lunch reservations on a beautiful late summer day. We hoped to dine on the lovely patio but were very disappointed to learn they have only TWO umbrellas on the entire patio for the twenty tables. Shade was impossible to fine so we dined inside. The service was okay and the food was yummy but it was not the experience we had hoped for. I would urge the management to purchase some shade umbrellas in support of your new Executive Chef and your diners. (You might check with The Compound. They have some great new umbrellas that make a world of difference for pleasurable outdoor dining.)Special Features:
- Would not eat here againJAW1VIPDined on 8/6/2014Ate outside for dinner on the terrace which faces west. Why would such a large space have only two umbrellas to block the afternoon sun? The service was non-existent as diners flagged down anyone walking by to get menus, water, silverware, etc. Too bad no one in the kitchen or our server had sampled the food and so he could not provide any guidance. The fried tempura tamale appetizer was shiny with grease. The short ribs were fatty. The wedge salad, with a sprinkling of tomatoes and bacon, did not warrant the price. Drinks and wines were served in inappropriate glasses, the margarita in something not much bigger than a shot glass In all honesty, the only highlight of the meal was the goat butter with the bread.
- PickyDined on 8/3/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. We like coming here for special occasions. The food is great and the service is even better. The ambience is outstanding. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing WaitressTerriWDined on 7/24/2014The hostess got us seated, after a bit of confusion...I don't think the hostess was too on top if thing. We didn't get waited on very quickly, but since we were visiting it was fine. Eventually Violette asked us if we were doing ok and I said we hadn't been waited on yet and oh my goodness!!! She took over immediately and provided one of the best dining experiences we have ever had. Kudos to this Mazi g server!! We would definitely go back again when staying in the area. Excellent food, beautiful atmosphere and a server who took charge and was totally customer service orientated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and good foodEllenDined on 7/15/2014We enjoyed outdoor dining. It wasn't crowded, the service was friendly and efficient. The "catch of the day" was a generous portion and presented with very satisfying side dishes. We would return if we could enjoy the outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014The ambience of the restaurant is incredible especially sitting outside on the elevated patio deck. The scenic mountains and green pines were very relaxing. The service was incredible and the food was very delicious and original. I especially recommend the buffalo short ribs for dinner. My wife and I shared 3 dinners, 2 lunches, and 2 breakfasts there over 3 days. Each time the service and food was consistently outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will not returndisappointedDined on 6/29/2014This was a repeat visit for Sunday brunch. The food was not as appetizing on our return visit. In addition, the service was poor. Unfortunately, we had the same waiter, - (an older woman), - on both occasions. She was aloof and unfriendly and provided no service throughout the entire meal. We had to ask for coffee and juice. She never returned to refill beverages or ask if we needed anything. This woman is killing your business. I will think twice before returning for brunch or any other meal.Special Features:
- Great meal at Las FuentesATX04Dined on 6/27/2014My husband and I recently had dinner at Las Fuentes. The service was attentive but not interfering, the outdoor setting was enchanting, and the meal was expertly prepared. I enjoyed the bison short ribs in adobo sauce with the sweet potato gratin, and my husband enjoyed the beef tenderloin. Both meals were delicious! We have visited this restaurant twice, and wouldn't hesitate it to anyone celebrating a special occasion or as a pre-opera meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secluded, relaxed dining findLeroyDined on 6/14/2014An excellent out of town dining spot. Great food, full bar, and quite atmosphere, with Spanish style charm. A must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 72 reviews are from the Las Fuentes Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- jamescohenVIPDined on 5/2/2014We went due to the New Mexico resident special, app, main, dessert for $34. Excellent food value. Meal was uneven. Apps were very good, closer to a 5 than a 4. My wife's salmon was slightly over cooked, probably due to its having been baked, held (my guess) and then finished. My rabbit pot pie was flavorful. The sides on the pot pie were just that, they sat on the plate and weren't integrated into the main or even its presentation. Desserts were OK. Bar was very good, the bartender made my wife a vesper which she loved.Special Features:
- Clueless in Santa FeHelpDined on 4/25/2014Half hour wait. Given free chips and salsa. No waiter for 35 minutes. Asked two busboys to send a waiter over. She was a no show. Had to go to bar to get cocktail which bartender delivered to our table. Waitress shows up after and takes our order. Food was a c minus. The buffalo short ribs were chewy and over sauced. This was a bad display and poor attempt all the way around
- Good food/service. Bad reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Made reservations 3 weeks ahead through open table. Called restaurant day of reservation to confirm and they said everything was good to go. When we arrived we had to wait half an hour after our reservation time due to the fact there was a group party. The staff made a good gesture and gave us champagne while we waited. However they had seating in bar only and it was very loud from the large group they had. Again the service and food was good and they gave us a bottle of wine on the house. But not an enjoyable way to spend our anniversary. Wish we would have known about the large group that was there that night.
- A FavoritetravelersDined on 3/26/2014This is a favorite place and we always take our of town guest who end up loving it too.Special Features:
- Special NM dealjischnitVIPDined on 3/21/2014Any three course meal for only $34, with no add ons, for New Mexico residents is a fantastic deal, in addition to the great food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food and waite staffyummyfoodDined on 3/8/2014"I loved the spectacular food choices. The appetizers where delicous and filing. The shrimp shooters where fun and delighted the palete. The crab cake was bursting with many different falvors. The main courses chicken and scallops were cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was romantic and relaxing. The waite staff was interactive and friendly. I definintely would commend this to everyone wanting a different and exciting dining experience. If you haven't tried it I would recommend you go the first chance you get. I am going to recommend this restraunt to everyone I know that enjoys a unique and excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- More signs, more parking neededHappyEaterDined on 3/1/2014We came for Restaurant Week. It was dark and we were all confused as to where the restaurant was, even though one of us had been there before. I was driving and a passenger was out running around trying to find the restaurant because there weren't enough clear signs with accurate arrows. Once we found the restaurant, there wasn't sufficient parking nearby. Perhaps the small restaurant lot needs to be striped so that the spaces can be used efficiently. And there weren't any signs as to where I could park and have a lit walkway back to the restaurant. I ended up driving down a pot-holed dirt road in the dark looking for a spot and was trying to find a place to park in the rain. Relieved once I got to the table!
- Lovely, lovely, lovelydrjtelDined on 2/25/2014A longtime stalwart of the Santa Fe area dining scene, the restaurant at Bishop's Lodge is a gracious, delicious dining experience. You will not be disappointed. We heartily recommend Las Fuentes and have hosted dinner parties for our friends and family here. We heartily recommend it as a wonderful dining experience for you and your family and friends. James N. Icken, M.D. Dr. Jeanne WagnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2013Best brunch in Santa Fe. Omelette bar, and lots of other great choices. My wife loves all the fresh seafood! We always stop by for Sunday brunch everytime we come to Santa Fe.Special Features:
- This place is a little outbillterrycoVIPDined on 12/24/2013This place is a little out of the way, but for an Xmas Eve treat it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Martin !MayaTDined on 12/1/2013We met Martin on the plaza and told us about the nm special, and told us about the sunday brunch, so we took him on his word and they delivered! food was fresh, vibrant and colorful.... equals = Delicious ! Service was excellent, Morgan and Martin were very attentive, the rest of the staff as well, they had a Chef cook to order eggs and carve a ham, a dessert bar ! there was soo much food to choose from, they were all to accommodate all ! this was our second time, and we thought that the Bishops Lodge was an exclusive club, its not, anyone can dine, plus it had great views, we walked off our lunch in a beautiful, well kept hotel, Thanks M&M, we will return. MayaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow for a brunch.kcphdDined on 11/3/2013Service was slow for a brunch. Meat was overcooked. Food sitting out too long, and replaced by cold eggs.
- Recommendation from Four SeasonsDorianHDined on 10/28/2013we requested local , good food and that is what Las Fuentes delivered. Excellent table side made guacamole, yummy skinny margaritas ( the real deal) and a warm welcome exvironment. If I lived in Sante Fe,I would clearly be a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great buffet Sunday brunch;DaveDined on 10/27/2013Great buffet Sunday brunch; service level was less than expected; however food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch FavoritejerryDined on 10/27/2013My wife and I enjoyed a our recent Sunday Brunch as this restaurant. It serves an upscale selection of well prepared items. In our opinion it's the best brunch in New Mexico!Special Features:
- Lunch was excellent.HorsieLoveVIPDined on 10/22/2013The wait staff is attentive and excellent. Also had the quesadilla and club for lunch and both were the best we've ever had, anywhere. Had some fruit which I saved and fed to the sweet horses. Very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be.SantaFeLocalDined on 9/15/2013I used to love this spot for Sunday brunch and for dining on special occassions! It's too bad it is not at all what it used to be, very disappointing. Will stay in-town now and have better food selections and service. What/when did this happen?!
- Bit disappointing.jinsanjoseDined on 9/5/2013I wanted a special night out with friends in Santa Fe and have always wanted to visit Bishop's Lodge Resort, which has an excellent reputation. I was very disappointed with my meal. First, we could not order off the menu, but had to have the Argentinian barbeque, which was all meat and I was dining with a vegetarian. She ended up just eating off the salad/sides bar--very pricey for steam table food! The meat courses were fine, but not the elegant, local, fresh Santa Fe meal that I had been expecting from on-line menus. Also, the ambiance was a bit shabby; place needs some updating; picture on Web is very deceiving. In a town filled with many unique, fine dining options, I would not recommend this one.
- good food but variable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013We had a lovely table outside. Our waiter was very slow in bringing the menus. We then had to try to flag him down so that we could order our food. He didn't write anything down, so it was perhaps no surprise that some of our order was wrong. He even came over to ask if everything was OK BEFORE we had actually received anything! We had to ask for bread and butter. Luckily, before it got any worse, we were rescued by Susan, from Boulder CO it said on her lapel. She is a completely professional charming and very experienced waitress, maybe even a maïtre d'. She corrected the first course order and clarified the wine order. As a result the rest of our meal was a delight. Bravo Susan. Our hapless waiter was not seen again! Excellent guitarist.Special Features:
- Completely Ridiculousjcs8192Dined on 8/8/2013We reserved the pre-opera dinner at 5:30. When we arrived, we were told me that they changed the menu. We were assured we would still be finished by 7:15 even though the Churrasco started at 6. At 6:04 we were seated. Our waiter said the buffet was not ready. Between 6:20 and 6:25, it opened. There were no names on any dishes or dressings. When we finished our salad, our plates were taken. We were told the meat would be out right away. At 6:49, a skewer with about 6 lamb cubes appeared. We were each given a cube of lamb. We had to use our bread plates. Beef came 8 minutes later. There was no Picanha, no Pão de queijo or Feijoada. We left hungry at 7:15.
- Bishop's Lodge, Santa FehardsellDined on 7/29/2013Typically, I don't write reviews of stuff, but here it is. Las Fuentes restaurant is simply great. Service, food, ambiance, and view from the patio are superb. Late afternoon on the patio for drinks, aperitifs, dinner during the warm months are a treasure. Their inside settings are elegant and straightforward, and the service folks are friendly, respectful, and really earn a good tip. The gardens and grounds are lovely to stroll through. Bishop's Lodge is a very special place for the Santa Fe area that I could *easily* make a more regular destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enjoyable DinnerbreezewayDined on 7/21/2013I liked the "Spanish-Style" salmon and seafood dinner entree. I also enjoyed the strawberry-rhubarb dessert. And the waiter was nice and let us split a salad before the entrees arrived. I really liked that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the Sunday brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2013We had the Sunday brunch. Really good. We've been there twice, (from Denver), and will go there again for the Champagne brunch. Ate outside and it was a beautiful day. Stayed downtown and drove out to the Bishops Lodge for this place.Special Features:
- Unusual but good foodbbgodfreyDined on 7/17/2013Las Fuentes is the restaurant at the historic Bishop's Lodge, a short distance outside Santa Fe. The food is tasty but difficult to describe. Prices are reasonable and parking is free. It is a good place to have dinner prior to attending the Santa Fe Opera, which is about 15 minutes away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed southwestern ambiance,DebbieDined on 6/30/2013Relaxed southwestern ambiance, although large round tables for 6 made it hard to talk across the table. Brunch buffet offered a variety of meats, seafood, and vegetarian options. The Bloody Mary bar and omelet station was great. The service was excellent. Although seafood crackers were offered, it would also be helpful to have access to seafood forks for picking crab out of the shells.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- las fuentesGatesDined on 6/17/2013The food was not as good as it's been in the past --the patio is very nice.Special Features:
- A French PresentationbreezewayDined on 5/26/2013I had the rainbow trout for dinner at Las Fuentes Restaurant. The food was very good; however my fish still had its head. I know that the Europeans like this sort of presentation. But I would have prefered not having the head on the fish. Call me a silly American! The strawberry rhubard shortcake dessert was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAwsomeDined on 5/10/2013The menu with an excellent choice for dinner. The place, service and food excellent. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got their very late(and IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Got their very late(and I was sick),so we had the place to ourselves. The food was very good (filets were exactly medium rare--as ordered)and nicely presented. The wait staff was extremely efficient and courteous. We enjoyed a scenic view and a very romantic ambiance. Although pricey, all in all a good dollar value.Special Features:
- Service was excellent. veryGracecatDined on 4/14/2013Service was excellent. very vibrant cuisine. I had the salmon which was crispy on the outside and moist inside. Being from the South, was surprised how fresh the shrimp tasted. Beautiful scenic mountaintop views. Understated elegance. Would highly recommend. I was a recent visitor of the Bishop's Lodge. SandraSpecial Features:
- Uneven food. Apps were veryjamescohenVIPDined on 3/22/2013Uneven food. Apps were very good, entrees also, but carrots with both entrees were ice cold. Desserts mediocre. Service was great. Waiter was very responsive to all requests including bringing us a plate of hot carrots (served hot they were very good). Great food value fo New Mexico residents, $34 fied price-anything on menu.