Las Casuelas Nuevas
70050 Highway 111
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Las Casuelas Nuevas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lascasuelasnuevas.com/
- Phone: (760) 328-8844
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Happy Hour- Sun.- Thurs. 4;00 to close Fri & Sat. 4:00-6:00
Daily: 5:00pm - close
Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ruben Ortiz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have several lovely private dinning rooms from 10-100 persons. Please call and speak with a manager to set up these private Fiesta Rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Manager on Duty 7603288844x
- Entertainment: Seasonal: Nightly strolling Mariachi music.
Summer time: Week-end Mariachi music.
A word from Las Casuelas Nuevas
Dine under the stars in the most beautiful garden patio north of Mexico City or inside our stunning hacienda-style restaurant. Whether it's a romantic evening for two or a large banquet you'll enjoy our regional Mexican Cuisine. Specialties include crab enchiladas, pollo en mole & spicy pork fajitas. Open for Lunch, Happy Hour, Dinner and don't forget our fabulous Sunday Brunch. You'll also enjoy our strolling musicians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Las Casuelas Nuevas reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (44)good for groups (31)kid-friendly (23)special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (12)romantic (11)great for brunch (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice Dining on the PatioLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/21/2014We came here from out of town, not knowing where to find good Mexican food. Las Casuelas Nuevas was a good pick. We ate on the patio, near the "adobe" wall that is closest to the street. So, it's important to realize that you can definitely hear the street noise. Nonetheless, we didn't find it distracting, and enjoyed the ambiance inside the courtyard area. Our food was generous portions. We ordered the tableside guacamole which we thought was a little bland (but I enjoyed since it wasn't too spicy). Then we split an order of pork fajitas with a side salad. They split the salad for us -- we thought perhaps it was two servings -- and there was plenty of food for. The fajitas were off the menu ... the "spicy" preparation (with pineapple) done with the not-so-spicy pork and it was perfect. Service was friendly and reasonably attentive. We felt the margaritas were fine, but not great. We enjoyed the musicians that strolled throughout the patio, and had a good time. The only detraction was the family that allowed their boys to play in the rock area. Fortunately they finished up quickly and left. Not really the restaurant's fault, but unfortunate for the rest of us. So all in all, we'd go again and recommend it to others. It was a nice dinner for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican foodlmw25Dined on 11/16/2014We visited on a Sunday evening and there were very few diners, which made for an uncomfortable feeling; however, the service and food made up for the lack of energy in the restaurant. The guitar player was a nice touch. Menu has some standard Mexican items as well as interesting variations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nancy7Dined on 11/13/2014We loved Las Casuelas Nuevas. We sat on the Patio, great ambiance especially with the guitarist playing. The food was very good, with generous portions. And the margaritas are very good. The service was excellent, our waitress couldn't have been more pleasant, and the bus staff very prompt. Think we found our new favorite Mexican restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican Food and Patio!FoodsnobDined on 11/10/2014This is our new "go to" Mexican restaurant. Love the patio! Live Mexican music serenade. Food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2014Very commendable on food, service, ambiance and overall experience. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience, painless reservationssillybilly4uDined on 11/9/2014From going online to make a reservation at somewhat last minute on a holiday weekend, to the actual dining experience, the night was perfect. Of course we had a little too much to drink, but had our designated driver. Will definitely go back next time in PS, which is at Christmas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night in PS!MikeyJDined on 11/8/2014Found the name of the restaurant at our hotel lobby. Made reservations through open table and arrived on time to be seated immediately. The atmosphere was awesome in the outdoor patio area. Mariachi's were playing and everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves. The service was outstanding and very attentive. The food was delicious! The margarita's were very good! Great place to eat and we will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchChampagneMeDined on 11/2/2014The food was amazing! The service was awesome! The live music was very entertaining! My friend was in awe the entire time and the whole restaurant made her feel so special for her birthday. I would definitely recommend this for your next celebration!Special Features:
- A family favoritecoyotebobDined on 11/2/2014Las Casuelas Nuevas is a family favorite restaurant for Sunday brunch when visiting the Palm Springs area. A consistently good and fun experience.Special Features:
- DisappointeddrewVIPDined on 10/27/2014I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER SINCE THE FIRST WEEK THIS REATAURANT OPENED..FOOD AND SERVICE HAS HAD A MARKED DECLINE IN THE LAST YEAR..THGE OTHER NIGHT..THE INTERIOR SPACE WAS EMPTY..OUTSIDE DINNING WAS 1/2 FULL..STILL IT TOOK 25 MIN FOR FOOD..SLW SERVICE..SIMPLE REQUESTS WHERE WITHER SLOW OR NOT DONE..aND NOW THE FOOD.SLOPPY..POOR QUALITY..IT WILL BE A LONG TIME FOR A RETURN VISIT...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014My husband is a big fan of Mexican food and he loved it. Great margaritas and the beans were a standout. The menu also can suit those who like a nice variety of choices.Special Features:
- casual evening outhungrykcDined on 10/22/2014we enjoyed the patio seating. Food was fine-not outstanding but fine. Nice evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceNed2brunchDined on 10/17/2014Mike took great care of all of our dining needs. This restaurant provided the best in music, atmosphere and customer service. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyboopDined on 10/17/2014Loved the combo plates and the Chili Verde was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as advertiseddisappointeddinerDined on 10/11/2014Food was not served on hot plates so it got cold enough within minutes so that enchilada cheese hardened. And the food only seemed average to start with. The waiter seemed unfriendly and in a hurry - probably because he had no need to do a good job with the 18% tip built into the bill. The outdoor seating was pleasant, but we were disappointed that there were no mariachis as advertised for a Saturday evening. And the three guys playing guitars as substitutes didn't come around to play even once. The outdoor seating was pleasant however. We had a group of fourteen and requested two round tables so that we could talk. Instead rectangular tables were lined up so that you could hardly see from one end of the table to the other.Special Features:
- LADinerDined on 10/11/2014Very family friendly, great patio, nice waiters, Mariachi's on weekends, great margaritas, great food.....don't count calories !!Special Features:
- BillDined on 9/15/2014Have eaten at the one in Palm Springs many times and enjoyed it very much. This one was closer to where we were staying so we chose it. Not a mistake but not as good as Palm Springs. Service was fine. Food was adequate but not stellar. It was early evening and not busy but we we're seated near the entrance to the kitchen where everyone who worked in the restaurant walked by which did not add to the visit. We would go back but prefer the one in Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMikeVIPDined on 9/14/2014First time for Sunday Brunch. All food on buffet was excellent. Service was great all staff super polite. Strolling Mariachis were excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every minuteDougDined on 9/13/2014We were warmly welcomed and seated promptly. We enjoyed great service, some table-side music, and good food. I ordered gazpacho and a Caeser-type salad with avocado dressing; very unusual choices for me because I love tacos and enchiladas. But it was perfect for a warm evening. Great!Special Features:
- 1234567890Dined on 9/12/2014I love mexican food..and always enjoy any Las Casuelas I go to. I did mention on my reservation that I was coming with a friend for her birthday and that I would like a "quiet" area. The mariachis played extremely close to us. I didn't mind, but my 2 friends were annoyed by the trumpet blast. There was no mention to my friend about her birthday. The waiter or chef forgot to put chicken in my friends salad, but later gave it on the side. I wish the trumpet wasn't soo loud. We could barely hear one another. We did enjoy the food and the more quieter mariachi songs. We haven't been to Las Casuelas Rancho Mirage in years. I did enjoy the restaurant itself with outdoor seating. Very homey and pretty building. Felt like I was in Mexico :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Great Patio!FoodsnobDined on 9/2/2014This is one of our "go to" Mexican restaurants when in the Palm Desert area. Excellent margaritas and food! Patio is very nice, however it is not open in the summer months. But, the inside has a very nice atmosphere as well. They have live Mexican music.Special Features:
- If you enjoy Mexican foodKAONDined on 9/1/2014This was good Mexican food - very generous portions. The service was friendly and timely, and the cost was very reasonable. If you go after the sun goes down, consider outdoor dining. Ample parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to return after so longjdpsDined on 8/29/2014It's been years since I had dinner at Nuevas. Don't know why, just never came up. We were in the area and looking for a hearty meal and my companion had never visited so... Everything was very good. Top-shelf Margaritas, Table-side Guacamole and Combinaciones. All fresh and delicious. Service is happy and quick and everyone seemed in good spirits. We look forward to returning in cooler weather for lunch on the patio.Special Features:
- GRNADined on 8/22/2014Amazing food and great fast service. Would definitely recommend going here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SiempreAnonymousVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was a family favorite when I was a child. The food here is my measure of all other Mexican restaurants. The Casuelas group of restaurants are welcoming, the food and service wonderful. Whenever we are in town, this is our first visit to a restaurant. They have never disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 106 reviews are from the Las Casuelas Nuevas reviews archive.
- Service slow but food always good!CaliFoodieDined on 7/19/2014I'm no stranger to Las Casuelas having been raised in the Coachella Valley. Decided to dine here this weekend while in town to visit my mum. We were seated quickly as there really wasn't a wait. We waited about 10 minutes before water was brought to is and another 10 minutes before our waiter showed up to take our drink order. After our drinks arrived (15 minutes later) our waiter disappeared for over 20 minutes. So, after almost sitting there for an hour we were finally able to place our order. The food was great as always but the service was just WAY TOO SLOW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY SATISFIEDMagieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Wonderful food, service, ambience and great music.Special Features:
- Liked itGreatVIPDined on 7/4/2014There was a lot of attention to detail in the atmosphere of this restaurant. We had a large group of 10 and overall the food was good...Loved the salsa and the live musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We enjoyed a great lunch as a group. Food and Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Mediocre food / terrible serviceHoosierincaliVIPDined on 6/10/2014We ate here for the first time recently. I was really looking forward to it, after driving by the beautiful building numerous times on 111. The building is just as beautiful on the inside, and the patio is equally as charming. When we were seated, there as a guitar player making the rounds, singing really loudly. The menu had many choices, but I will say I think the prices are pretty steep for what you get. I ordered chicken fajitas ($18) and my husband got some sort of burrito ($15). Neither one of us was impressed with our food. It was all pretty bland. Our service was terrible. We were never brought drink or chip refills, our server never asked us how our food was, and it took 25 minutes to get our check. We will never go back.
- VacationYummyDined on 6/9/2014We always eat here when we are in Palm Springs on vacation.Special Features:
- Good Mexican FoodAlwayshonestfoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Food is good, beautiful outside patio area, and very nicemexican ambiance inside. Wait staff is very nice, margaritas and beer are a bit over priced for the area. An overall nice place to come to when visiting Palm Desert.Special Features:
- Fabuloso!LocalDined on 6/7/2014Las Casuelas Nuevas was a beautiful venue for a special birthday lunch with extended family visiting from outside of the Palm Springs area. We enjoyed great service, good food and drinks, and wonderful music recommended by the restaurant staff. We extend our deepest thanks to Clemente who ensured we were comfortable in the beautiful rotunda Tienda dining area. It reminded us all of our beautiful colonial Mexico and what better way than to share that with our Mexican-American family. Gracias a todos!Special Features:
- As good as I remembered...cobracatDined on 6/3/2014Ate here several years ago with my golf group. Went back recently and we had a great time. Service is excellent...and they have an extensive menu. I order ceviche whenever I see it on a menu; this version didn't have the high citrus content that I'm used to, but it was very tasty...and a very substantial portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold beansLuvoffood1Dined on 5/31/2014Ok we had a party of ten to to big. The night was sort of busy not to bad. The server took for ever to take our order and it took even longer to get out food. My wife's beans were cold so she asked for a replacement. They brought more cold beans! We had a few kids at the table. So we are always ready to go with everything. One almost fell asleep at the table. Normally it's better there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a reservation, good move.eclarktDined on 5/31/2014Went Saturday evening at 6:30 and there was a crowd waiting for tables. We checked in and were seated within 2 minutes. The service was attentive. We had three different dishes and everyone said they were each very good. We needed "doggie" bags, and have enjoyed the food for three more meals. It is a popular place, so a reservation on Friday or Saturday would make for an easy experience. We all would recommend for anyone looking for good Mexican foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyVIPDined on 5/29/2014Always enjoy coming to this restaurant when we are in town!Special Features:
- Good food, awful serviceCj23Dined on 5/25/2014We were seated & weren't waited on for 30 minutes. It took over an hour till our food came out & when it did,it was wrong. We were there for 2 hours
- Okay food but bad serviceneilDined on 5/25/2014The food was average from most Mexican restuarants. Service was really slow (it was a busy weekend.) Our order wasn't correct and we never got drinks ordered. Good lively ambience. They had a cool guy playing a guitar and singing customized songs. Kids loved that. I think it maybe a good on less busy days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Mexican FoodLaromoDined on 5/24/2014The patio is beautiful. However, the food was very diaappointing and mediocre at best. I would only come here again for a drink and chips and salsa on the patio.Special Features: