Las Casuelas Nuevas
70050 Highway 111
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Las Casuelas Nuevas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lascasuelasnuevas.com/
- Phone: 7603288844x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Happy Hour- Sun.- Thurs. 4;00 to close Fri & Sat. 4:00-6:00
Daily: 5:00pm - close
Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ruben Ortiz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have several lovely private dinning rooms from 10-100 persons. Please call and speak with a manager to set up these private Fiesta Rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Manager on Duty 7603288844x
- Entertainment: Seasonal: Nightly strolling Mariachi music.
Summer time: Week-end Mariachi music.
A word from Las Casuelas Nuevas
Dine under the stars in the most beautiful garden patio north of Mexico City or inside our stunning hacienda-style restaurant. Whether it's a romantic evening for two or a large banquet you'll enjoy our regional Mexican Cuisine. Specialties include crab enchiladas, pollo en mole & spicy pork fajitas. Open for Lunch, Happy Hour, Dinner and don't forget our fabulous Sunday Brunch. You'll also enjoy our strolling musicians.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Las Casuelas Nuevas - Best Restaurants in Rancho Mirage ›
Las Casuelas Nuevas reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (24)kid-friendly (20)great for lunch (15)special occasion (14)great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (9)late-night find (4)fit for foodies (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- BillDined on 9/15/2014Have eaten at the one in Palm Springs many times and enjoyed it very much. This one was closer to where we were staying so we chose it. Not a mistake but not as good as Palm Springs. Service was fine. Food was adequate but not stellar. It was early evening and not busy but we we're seated near the entrance to the kitchen where everyone who worked in the restaurant walked by which did not add to the visit. We would go back but prefer the one in Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMikeVIPDined on 9/14/2014First time for Sunday Brunch. All food on buffet was excellent. Service was great all staff super polite. Strolling Mariachis were excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every minuteDougDined on 9/13/2014We were warmly welcomed and seated promptly. We enjoyed great service, some table-side music, and good food. I ordered gazpacho and a Caeser-type salad with avocado dressing; very unusual choices for me because I love tacos and enchiladas. But it was perfect for a warm evening. Great!Special Features:
- 1234567890Dined on 9/12/2014I love mexican food..and always enjoy any Las Casuelas I go to. I did mention on my reservation that I was coming with a friend for her birthday and that I would like a "quiet" area. The mariachis played extremely close to us. I didn't mind, but my 2 friends were annoyed by the trumpet blast. There was no mention to my friend about her birthday. The waiter or chef forgot to put chicken in my friends salad, but later gave it on the side. I wish the trumpet wasn't soo loud. We could barely hear one another. We did enjoy the food and the more quieter mariachi songs. We haven't been to Las Casuelas Rancho Mirage in years. I did enjoy the restaurant itself with outdoor seating. Very homey and pretty building. Felt like I was in Mexico :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Great Patio!FoodsnobDined on 9/2/2014This is one of our "go to" Mexican restaurants when in the Palm Desert area. Excellent margaritas and food! Patio is very nice, however it is not open in the summer months. But, the inside has a very nice atmosphere as well. They have live Mexican music.Special Features:
- If you enjoy Mexican foodKAONDined on 9/1/2014This was good Mexican food - very generous portions. The service was friendly and timely, and the cost was very reasonable. If you go after the sun goes down, consider outdoor dining. Ample parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to return after so longjdpsDined on 8/29/2014It's been years since I had dinner at Nuevas. Don't know why, just never came up. We were in the area and looking for a hearty meal and my companion had never visited so... Everything was very good. Top-shelf Margaritas, Table-side Guacamole and Combinaciones. All fresh and delicious. Service is happy and quick and everyone seemed in good spirits. We look forward to returning in cooler weather for lunch on the patio.Special Features:
- GRNADined on 8/22/2014Amazing food and great fast service. Would definitely recommend going here again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SiempreAnonymousVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was a family favorite when I was a child. The food here is my measure of all other Mexican restaurants. The Casuelas group of restaurants are welcoming, the food and service wonderful. Whenever we are in town, this is our first visit to a restaurant. They have never disappointed.Special Features:
- Service slow but food always good!CaliFoodieDined on 7/19/2014I'm no stranger to Las Casuelas having been raised in the Coachella Valley. Decided to dine here this weekend while in town to visit my mum. We were seated quickly as there really wasn't a wait. We waited about 10 minutes before water was brought to is and another 10 minutes before our waiter showed up to take our drink order. After our drinks arrived (15 minutes later) our waiter disappeared for over 20 minutes. So, after almost sitting there for an hour we were finally able to place our order. The food was great as always but the service was just WAY TOO SLOW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY SATISFIEDMagieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Wonderful food, service, ambience and great music.Special Features:
- Liked itGreatVIPDined on 7/4/2014There was a lot of attention to detail in the atmosphere of this restaurant. We had a large group of 10 and overall the food was good...Loved the salsa and the live musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014We enjoyed a great lunch as a group. Food and Service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Mediocre food / terrible serviceHoosierincaliVIPDined on 6/10/2014We ate here for the first time recently. I was really looking forward to it, after driving by the beautiful building numerous times on 111. The building is just as beautiful on the inside, and the patio is equally as charming. When we were seated, there as a guitar player making the rounds, singing really loudly. The menu had many choices, but I will say I think the prices are pretty steep for what you get. I ordered chicken fajitas ($18) and my husband got some sort of burrito ($15). Neither one of us was impressed with our food. It was all pretty bland. Our service was terrible. We were never brought drink or chip refills, our server never asked us how our food was, and it took 25 minutes to get our check. We will never go back.
- VacationYummyDined on 6/9/2014We always eat here when we are in Palm Springs on vacation.Special Features:
- Good Mexican FoodAlwayshonestfoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Food is good, beautiful outside patio area, and very nicemexican ambiance inside. Wait staff is very nice, margaritas and beer are a bit over priced for the area. An overall nice place to come to when visiting Palm Desert.Special Features:
- Fabuloso!LocalDined on 6/7/2014Las Casuelas Nuevas was a beautiful venue for a special birthday lunch with extended family visiting from outside of the Palm Springs area. We enjoyed great service, good food and drinks, and wonderful music recommended by the restaurant staff. We extend our deepest thanks to Clemente who ensured we were comfortable in the beautiful rotunda Tienda dining area. It reminded us all of our beautiful colonial Mexico and what better way than to share that with our Mexican-American family. Gracias a todos!Special Features:
- As good as I remembered...cobracatDined on 6/3/2014Ate here several years ago with my golf group. Went back recently and we had a great time. Service is excellent...and they have an extensive menu. I order ceviche whenever I see it on a menu; this version didn't have the high citrus content that I'm used to, but it was very tasty...and a very substantial portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 97 reviews are from the Las Casuelas Nuevas reviews archive.
- Cold beansLuvoffood1Dined on 5/31/2014Ok we had a party of ten to to big. The night was sort of busy not to bad. The server took for ever to take our order and it took even longer to get out food. My wife's beans were cold so she asked for a replacement. They brought more cold beans! We had a few kids at the table. So we are always ready to go with everything. One almost fell asleep at the table. Normally it's better there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a reservation, good move.eclarktDined on 5/31/2014Went Saturday evening at 6:30 and there was a crowd waiting for tables. We checked in and were seated within 2 minutes. The service was attentive. We had three different dishes and everyone said they were each very good. We needed "doggie" bags, and have enjoyed the food for three more meals. It is a popular place, so a reservation on Friday or Saturday would make for an easy experience. We all would recommend for anyone looking for good Mexican foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyVIPDined on 5/29/2014Always enjoy coming to this restaurant when we are in town!Special Features:
- Good food, awful serviceCj23Dined on 5/25/2014We were seated & weren't waited on for 30 minutes. It took over an hour till our food came out & when it did,it was wrong. We were there for 2 hours
- Okay food but bad serviceneilDined on 5/25/2014The food was average from most Mexican restuarants. Service was really slow (it was a busy weekend.) Our order wasn't correct and we never got drinks ordered. Good lively ambience. They had a cool guy playing a guitar and singing customized songs. Kids loved that. I think it maybe a good on less busy days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Mexican FoodLaromoDined on 5/24/2014The patio is beautiful. However, the food was very diaappointing and mediocre at best. I would only come here again for a drink and chips and salsa on the patio.Special Features:
- Beautiful patioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014We've been going to Las Casuelas for years, every time we visit the desert. It's a must to sit in their gorgeous patio. It's also fun to go on the night the mariachi band is playing, although they didn't make it to our table and our 6 and 4 year old girls were sad. I noticed this past visit that the food was better than usual. In the past we go mostly for the ambience, but this time the food was great as well. Highly recommended and good margaritas too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican Food!SydRDined on 5/18/2014This restaurant is high end Mexican food; service is excellent, food delicious and plentiful. It's pricey for a Mexican restaurant but it's worth it.Special Features:
- The Food Is TerribleScudderVIPDined on 5/16/2014A good location and atmosphere cannot make up for one of the worst meals that my dining companions and I have had in months. All the food -- save the guacamole -- seemed as if it were previously frozen and of the poorest quality. The fajitas were bland and flavorless. The crab enchiladas were just awful. And at $19.99 the poor quality is especially shocking. Indeed, the food was so bad that we didn't even know what to say when the waitress (who was very nice) asked how our meal was. Indeed, the only thing that was passable was the tableside guacamole, but even that wasn't "made to order" in any way, it was just make table side. No option for hotter or milder, etc. And the chips it was served with were mediocre at best. Stay away.
- Reliable - DelightfulOTSteveDined on 5/16/2014We make it a point to visit Las Casuelas Nuevas at least one time on each of our many visits to Palm Springs. Excellent Mexican food in a fun and enchanting atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive Mother's Day BrunchTable42Dined on 5/11/2014Courtyard dining was perfect although a bit noisy. Food was great and plentiful. Festive ambience for celebrating.Special Features:
- Fun time on Cinco d Mayo but...Dorothy1916Dined on 5/5/2014A group of 6 of us enjoyed the patio scene to celebrate a birthday on May 5th. We enjoyed the music and the food, but the margueritas were very expensive. Not sure it was because it was a holiday time or if that is there normal pricing. The same serving at Almando's on El Paseo is $9.00 and at this restaurant on May 5th they were $16 to $19.00! These drinks cost more than a nice plate of food. So, if you just want to dine at this restaurant sans cocktails, great...Special Features:
- Good Food and Great Patio!FoodsnobDined on 5/5/2014We had the ESPINACA CON QUESO for appetizer. Good and spicy! Four of us had the ENCHILADAS DE ESPINACA for an entree and very good! Love that they serve it with black beans! Margaritas are very tasty too!Special Features:
- ConsistentRVPMIKEDined on 4/27/2014We have come here for Brunch for years. We know what to expect and they are consistant. It is good not great when it comes to Mexican food, but they put together a decent brunch and have a very pleasing atmosphere.Special Features:
- "Only Doing My JobHopeDined on 4/25/2014This Amer-Mex restaurant NASA good food with a wait-staff that is friendly and efficient. With 3 friends from OH visiting, I happily made a reserva at Open Table, & called the restaurant an hour before, to specifically request a table in the middle section of the restaurant. We arrived at the specified time, waited 5-10 minutes while the staff was busy with arrivals & answered phone calls, then were escorted to the very rear of the eating area to a dreary booth. We passed by many vacant tables where I had requested seating & I politely reminded the hostess of my phone request. She rudely snapped back that SHE was doing her job (suggesting to do as told). I'll not return again here when I have guests.
- Authentic MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/24/2014Great place to eat outside on a nice night. The table side guacamole was very fresh and delicious. Portion sizes were great and the food was piping hot. The gentleman with the guitar was very entertaining but not annoying or to loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendssunloverDined on 4/22/2014Have dined at this restaurant many times. Always enjoy it. Good food. Love the Chicken Mole Enchiladas and Chile Verde. Nice patio dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchEasterDined on 4/20/2014I have been going to Las Casuelas Nuevas for Easter over the past 7 years. My boys and I really enjoy it and it's a huge part of our Easter tradition . What happen to Harpo?.... Thank you again for the great food, service and memories.Special Features:
- good food and good servicelollyDined on 4/19/2014we had 7 people for early dinner on easter and the atmosphere was pleasant, food good, and service excellent. the drinks were good and we all enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2014Dine al fresco under lovely lit trees. Fresh creamy guacamole and the best chile relleno ever...gotta have something to accompany the giant margaritas that pack a punch!Special Features:
- Viva Las CasuelasLADinerDined on 4/18/2014A great family celebration spot ! We always love Las Casuelas.... Mariachi's each weekend.....great place to have a child's birthday !!Special Features:
- Reservations, sort ofOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/17/2014We made a reservation but when we arrived they had us seated inside. We asked to be seated outside (the difference is huge, inside is incredibly depressing, outside is nice ambiance). Were told that outside was on a first come basis (then what is the point of a reaervation). There were some open tables, so we asked why we couldn't sit there. Were told those were reserved for another party coming later. Wait, we had a reservation why couldn't we have the outside? Round and round with changing logic, we finally have up. Food mediocre. Table side guac had a strange taste. Food was bland. Was probably considered good 20 years ago when the standard of competition was Chiles. With better options it now just seemed outdated and tired.