Las Canarias - Omni La Mansion
112 College Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Las Canarias - Omni La Mansion
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/SanAntonioLaMansionDelRio/Dining.aspx
- Phone: 2105181063x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Brand
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Classical Spanish Flamenco guitar player, Chris Arispe.
- Special Events: At Las Canarias we are committed to each and every one of our guests and their dining experience. We take great pride in hosting both small and large groups, whether they are meeting for business or pleasure we are here to make your event a success! Call 210.518.1177 for more information.
A word from Las Canarias - Omni La Mansion
Las Canarias is known for its romantic and relaxing atmosphere. Featuring award winning refined American cuisine with an inventive Texas twist, continuing to delight new and returning guests alike. Whether you are joining us for an intimate dinner for two or dinner event for a large group, we are dedicated to the very best in food, wine and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Las Canarias - Omni La Mansion - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Las Canarias - Omni La Mansion reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (47)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (35)scenic view (33)great for brunch (28)great for outdoor dining (27)notable wine list (17)good for groups (13)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Outstanding in every way.eslteacherDined on 10/13/2014One of the best dining experiences we had in San Antonio, if not the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchTejasDinerDined on 10/12/2014The Sunday brunch on 10/12/2014 in our opinion was way below our expectations for a hotel / restaurant of this quality. We truly expected a much better selection and much better quality. Most of the entries were cold on not all that appealing. The Brunch chef needs to attend the brunch at the Princess Resort in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Lovely spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Food was terrific. Right on Riverwalk. Great view. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicecpableDined on 10/11/2014We very much enjoyed our visit to Las Canaries. The salmon and scallops were excellent as well as the southwest ceasar salad. The service was superb. A lovely place for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent second timeDanielDined on 10/9/2014On the river walk, this restaurant is one that is not catering to the crowds. Although busy, the service was excellent. The guitarist (Chris) is a regular feature. Having enjoyed this restaurant before, this time we took friends. It was just as good both times.Special Features:
- excellent restaurant!loves2eatDined on 10/9/2014The food was outstanding and the service was what you would expect from a top restaurant. Definitely would reccommend for anyone who wants a special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but nothing specialFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Overall, we found that this restaurant was good but nothing special. However, it's likely better food than you'll get anywhere else on the Riverwalk.Special Features:
- Dinner before ConcertJeffryDined on 10/8/2014We arrived at 6 pm with a concert time at the Majestic of 7:30......told our Waiter our timing.... Service and food were both impeccable.... Made the show with 15 minutes to spare and ate a two course meal.....Special Features:
- View of the RiverWalkeliza3939Dined on 10/8/2014Seated by window looking over RiverWalk. Service erratic;waiter forgetful but assist. picked up slack. Food good but not great. Husband liked his pork dish but shrimp/grits not good. Located in Omni hotel where we stayed, open for B/L/D. OK if staying in hotel but wouldn't go there if staying @ different hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chelDined on 10/5/2014Outstanding service and ambience. The food was spectacular and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Dinner...then breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent spot for a romantic dinner or private celebration with an outstanding wine list and great cooking including chateaubriand for two or more. If you stay overnight, be sure to return for breakfast - almost no one does this sort of classy breakfast anymore - a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningHoppyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Staying at the Omni La Mansion for two nights we had our choice of several fine restaurants along the Riverwalk but chose Las Canarias because it was raining and we were tired from traveling. We could not have been happier! The service was wonderful and the food excellent. There was a classical guitarist playing in the dining area which added to the magical evening. The smoked pork tenderloin was cooked to perfection and was delicious. The Cesar Salad was also very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect brunch destination...MCinTheWoodlandsVIPDined on 9/21/2014So incredibly elegant and quaint... the food was delicious and the Bloody Marys were perfectly zippy. The staff is very warm and friendly while maintaining impeccable professionalism and courtesy. Weather was gorgeous so the view of the Riverwalk only enhances and already exceptional meal. This Sunday brunch is not to be missed when visiting San Antonio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Years if satisfactionLonDDined on 9/21/2014We've been coming to Las Canarias for more that 30 years. Through all the years of company changes, chef changes, wait staff changes and changes in the entertainment Las Canarias has always delivered superior food and service!!Special Features:
- Las CanariasKathyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Went for Sunday Brunch. At 10 am the full brunch was not available, but it worked out for the best. There was delicious breakfast food at a much more reasonable cost. The service and view were excellent. We sat inside overlooking looking the Riverwalk - the best of both worlds.Special Features:
- Great Spot for a spcial occasionRiverwalkwandererDined on 9/20/2014Service was personal and very good. Attentive but not over bearing. Will chat with you if you want. The food is excellent. We've eaten there several times and never been disappointed. Have had the brunch (not this time) and that is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JCandSBDined on 9/19/2014Love this restaurant. Great menu and food. Wonderful staff and management. Outstanding tableside service, and especially the server. Had a great evening. Will be back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandFather of all BuffetsderyenomVIPDined on 9/14/2014We actually saw YELP reviews about this place and thought - sure let's give it a try. We were in for a real scrumptious treat. Their roast beef was top notch. It was tender, juicy and meaty. By the way, this review is for the Sunday Brunch. The eggs benedict was cooked so good the yoke was runny. Delicious!!! They have omelet station and a sweet station cooking caramelized banana with vanilla ice cream. We enjoyed our $50 brunch with mimosa drink. The service is over-the-top. Constantly refilling drinks. They have great service hands down. We ended our San Antonio Riverwalk trip with a bang!!! Thanks to Las Canarias!!!Special Features:
- Sunday breakfastWinegeek03VIPDined on 9/14/2014Food was average from a buffet. Seating along river was very nice. Eggs, meat and potatoes for $18 is a bit pricey even along the river.Special Features:
- Tasting menuWinegeek03VIPDined on 9/13/2014We both had the tasting menu. I enjoyed the excellent smoked then chicken fried quail and a broiled salmon with enoki mushrooms. My wife loved the roasted strawberry spinach salad and the braised beef main course. Wine pairings were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really, really good margaritas.TexasDined on 9/12/2014Service was excellent. We first had drinks (margaritas) at the El Colegio bar and they were excellent. They should win the best SA Margarita award. We both had the prix fixe dinner. I had the deviled eggs, salmon and sticky toffee pudding. The deviled eggs were tasty but were too salty. Almost to the point of being inedible. The salmon was perfectly cooked and seasoned but I thought that mushrooms and salmon were a weird combination. My husband had quail, braised beef and sticky pudding. He was pleased with his dinner but said that the quail was overcooked. Might eat here again. Nice live music. Flamenco guitar. Be sure and reserve a table that overlooks the river walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A major miss ...foodie4everDined on 9/12/2014We dined at Las Canarias on a Friday evening, seated at 6:30 p.m. The restaurant was not crowded, so we were seated immediately. The service was outstanding, and the ambiance you can't beat. We had an inside table next to the window, overlooking the Riverwalk, so we got the view without the noise. The food was TERRIBLE!! We ordered the quail appetizer, which turned out to be fried, and we didn't recall that being spelled out in the menu. The quail was old, dry and shriveled, and most of the fried crust was burnt. The entrees (duck breast and redfish) suffered from the same problems -- overcooked and poorly presented. We're huge Las Canarias fans, so this dinner was EXTREMELY disappointing. We left and had dessert at another place!Special Features:
- Best Dining on RiverwalkAlanVIPDined on 9/7/2014This is the third or fourth visit to Las Canarias over the years. By far, the experience is one of fine dining vs. a tourist restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchDined on 9/7/2014great food and excellent enviorment. great please to take friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedChrisPBaconDined on 8/30/2014The food, wine list, and service were fantastic. The live music was tasteful and simply added to the evening. I will definitely return next time I'm in San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Management+Service, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014I have been to IHOP's with better Service. Two greeters and a manager at the front yet we had a single, well intentioned but untrained waiter racing between a dozen tables while a dedicated bread server and a bus person did nothing. So much labor cost for so little result. It is a shame because the food is very good. If I was the chef, I would be angry at the front of house staff ruining my product. This is my third visit and it is always this way.
- Excellent as alwaysEpicurianDined on 8/30/2014Las Canarias is one of a rare breed of restaurants where you can have high cuisine, attentive service, and converse without needless noise or distractions! We keep returning for special events. There are no tv screens to distract, no thumping music forcing you to half-shout. No, this is a restaurant for people who can hold an adult conversation while enjoying thoughtful dishes; how refreshing! It is perfect for a romantic night out. The lighting is appropriately dim, there is a live orchid on the table, and a calm flamenco guitar track plays in the background...perfect! I recommend the 3 course meal, it's a great way to get a sampling of the range of tastes this restaurant can offer.Special Features:
- Best Meal Ever!SAkaneDined on 8/23/2014This was, without any exaggeration, the best meal i have ever had in my life. The Chateaubriand for two was absolutely phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go backChicagoGirlDined on 8/23/2014Highly overrated. Food was just OK and the service was unbelievably slow in spite of the restaurant being nearly empty. The saving grace is that it is beautiful and quiet.
- Top notch service, great new chefGoodEaterDined on 8/22/2014Looking forward to returning and trying more dishes. The kitchen recovered nicely from a misstep and left everyone happy. Great job. We are lucky to have this level of dining on our River Walk - our visitors should discover it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Reliable TreatPlayamanDined on 8/22/2014Las Canarias is one of those restaurants that can be depended upon: always good service, always good (and sometimes excellent) food, and a creative spark that rockets through from time to time. It's a bit pricey for San Antonio but that's a consequence of its location Downtown and on the Riverwalk. All in all, a good choice ...Special Features:
- MagicalTRPMarkDined on 8/18/2014A magical place for a romantic first date or any other special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulFoodieDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I both had their 3 course meal option with wine pairings for each course. The first and second course gave 3 options and the dessert was their signature sticky pudding. The service was outstanding and the food was, as stated in the title, simply wonderful. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoffeePleaseVIPDined on 8/10/2014We went there for brunch. What a great place to close out our weekend in San Antonio. We all had the buffet. Everything was fresh and delicious. I especially like the prime rib and roast turkey. The kids liked the dessert bar. Service was great! Definitely worth returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happenedKordVIPDined on 8/10/2014We used to frequent this place for brunch, but hadn't for a while, went back and I was really surprised at the quality of the food, the service and the restaurant itself. In my opinion, the food options were extremely limited and not really excellent, the restaurant needs to be renovated and the service left much to be desired.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable eveningLuvRetirementVIPDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed our evening at Las Canarias very much. The service was excellent (thanks to Uyllises), the food was prepared just as requested and not rushed, and the surroundings were beautiful. A spanish guitarist was playing but did not stop us from having a pleasant conversation - it was definitely background music, but lovely. We split our meal and our salads and steaks were prepared perfectly. Will return again. Our previous dinner here was outside, which was also wonderful - but August is just too hot to dine outside.Special Features:
- You won't be disappointed.RintyDined on 8/8/2014Had a wonderful experience. The food, service and hostess were outstanding. The dining room is comfortable and romantic. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Best Chateau BriannedaCOBDined on 8/2/2014Strongly recommended for business or pleasure. Very nice ambience. Service is impeccable and the food is great. I recommend making reservations at least a few days in advance. Staff is very responsive to early requests for window seats or other requests. Food is phenomenal and served perfectly.Special Features:
- Elegant dining pre-theaterFiveForksDined on 6/29/2014We had an early dinner in an almost empty space. The air conditioning was on full blast on a hot humid day and we were uncomfortably cold. We requested an adjustment but were told it was not possible to change the A/C settings. Be forewarned to bring an extra layer if you have dinner here. The menu was rather limited but our party of 4 had no problem finding delicious choices. The bread was fantastic!Special Features:
- DisapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014Seasonal menu OUT of season. House was at less then half capacity and service was lacking in speed and courtesy. Gave the air of "Your lucky to be here." Not recommended for the $$.Special Features: