Las Canarias - Omni La Mansion
112 College Street
San Antonio, TX 78205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Las Canarias - Omni La Mansion
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/SanAntonioLaMansionDelRio/Dining.aspx
- Phone: 2105181063x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Brand
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Classical Spanish Flamenco guitar player, Chris Arispe.
- Special Events: At Las Canarias we are committed to each and every one of our guests and their dining experience. We take great pride in hosting both small and large groups, whether they are meeting for business or pleasure we are here to make your event a success! Call 210.518.1177 for more information.
A word from Las Canarias - Omni La Mansion
Las Canarias is known for its romantic and relaxing atmosphere. Featuring award winning refined American cuisine with an inventive Texas twist, continuing to delight new and returning guests alike. Whether you are joining us for an intimate dinner for two or dinner event for a large group, we are dedicated to the very best in food, wine and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Las Canarias - Omni La Mansion - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Las Canarias - Omni La Mansion reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (40)special occasion (40)scenic view (31)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (24)great for outdoor dining (20)notable wine list (12)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- UnexpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The food, wine list, and service were fantastic. The live music was tasteful and simply added to the evening. I will definitely return next time I'm in San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal Ever!SAkaneDined on 8/23/2014This was, without any exaggeration, the best meal i have ever had in my life. The Chateaubriand for two was absolutely phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go backChicagoGirlDined on 8/23/2014Highly overrated. Food was just OK and the service was unbelievably slow in spite of the restaurant being nearly empty. The saving grace is that it is beautiful and quiet.
- Top notch service, great new chefGoodEaterDined on 8/22/2014Looking forward to returning and trying more dishes. The kitchen recovered nicely from a misstep and left everyone happy. Great job. We are lucky to have this level of dining on our River Walk - our visitors should discover it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Reliable TreatPlayamanDined on 8/22/2014Las Canarias is one of those restaurants that can be depended upon: always good service, always good (and sometimes excellent) food, and a creative spark that rockets through from time to time. It's a bit pricey for San Antonio but that's a consequence of its location Downtown and on the Riverwalk. All in all, a good choice ...Special Features:
- MagicalTRPMarkDined on 8/18/2014A magical place for a romantic first date or any other special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulFoodieDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I both had their 3 course meal option with wine pairings for each course. The first and second course gave 3 options and the dessert was their signature sticky pudding. The service was outstanding and the food was, as stated in the title, simply wonderful. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoffeePleaseVIPDined on 8/10/2014We went there for brunch. What a great place to close out our weekend in San Antonio. We all had the buffet. Everything was fresh and delicious. I especially like the prime rib and roast turkey. The kids liked the dessert bar. Service was great! Definitely worth returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happenedKordVIPDined on 8/10/2014We used to frequent this place for brunch, but hadn't for a while, went back and I was really surprised at the quality of the food, the service and the restaurant itself. In my opinion, the food options were extremely limited and not really excellent, the restaurant needs to be renovated and the service left much to be desired.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable eveningLuvRetirementVIPDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed our evening at Las Canarias very much. The service was excellent (thanks to Uyllises), the food was prepared just as requested and not rushed, and the surroundings were beautiful. A spanish guitarist was playing but did not stop us from having a pleasant conversation - it was definitely background music, but lovely. We split our meal and our salads and steaks were prepared perfectly. Will return again. Our previous dinner here was outside, which was also wonderful - but August is just too hot to dine outside.Special Features:
- You won't be disappointed.RintyDined on 8/8/2014Had a wonderful experience. The food, service and hostess were outstanding. The dining room is comfortable and romantic. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Best Chateau BriannedaCOBDined on 8/2/2014Strongly recommended for business or pleasure. Very nice ambience. Service is impeccable and the food is great. I recommend making reservations at least a few days in advance. Staff is very responsive to early requests for window seats or other requests. Food is phenomenal and served perfectly.Special Features:
- Elegant dining pre-theaterFiveForksDined on 6/29/2014We had an early dinner in an almost empty space. The air conditioning was on full blast on a hot humid day and we were uncomfortably cold. We requested an adjustment but were told it was not possible to change the A/C settings. Be forewarned to bring an extra layer if you have dinner here. The menu was rather limited but our party of 4 had no problem finding delicious choices. The bread was fantastic!Special Features:
- DisapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014Seasonal menu OUT of season. House was at less then half capacity and service was lacking in speed and courtesy. Gave the air of "Your lucky to be here." Not recommended for the $$.Special Features:
- Great place before the theaterBilldeDined on 6/28/2014We have season tickets to the Majestic, been looking for different places to go for dinner before the show. We had not been to Las Canarias in quite a while. We felt very welcomed when we got there, they had gluten free bread for me, which is always appreciated. The dinner was very good and we came back after the show for dessert to let the traffic die down. Our waiter, Brahim, remembered us and took very good care. Dinner was very good, wine was good, overall a great place to go. We will definitely be back, if not just for a night at the theater, another night when we want a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodkeithbDined on 6/20/2014This was our second visit here and the food was amazing again. The drinks were also amazing. We love different selection of entrees and the atmosphere. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- ClassyDougDined on 6/15/2014Las Canarias is a classic classy place. Everything was as it should be with a classic restaurant. The food and service was exceptional. Made for a great birthday for my wife.Special Features:
- MarcusDined on 6/15/2014I chose this restaurant to propose to my girlfriend. They did a great job of all my requests by picking a secluded area and the waiter was awesome. He gave us they space we needed at the right times. Very Romantic, the lighting is just right. As far as food is concerned you will not be let down. I and salmon and she had Duck. Cooked perfectly. I might add that some reviews I have read were disappointed in the serving sizes. I would like you to keep in mind that this is not Chili's/Applebees. If you want to overeat like Americans do chose an American restaurant. If you want a romantic evening w/ amazing food choose this place. They did there best when it came to my requests and made absolutely sure the night was special. An amazing place.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerDeeDeeDined on 6/13/2014When we made our reservation we were told that a window table wasn't available, but when we arrived they had one for us. They went out of their way to make everything perfect. We even asked for a salad that wasn't on the menu and they had no problem providing it for us. The food was delicious and the service great.Special Features:
- Perfect for Anniversary DinnersRodLaliDined on 6/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary at Las Canarias and were very happy with the overall experience. The wait staff especially "Rydick" our waiter and his intern from Romania were exceptionally friendly and professional. We will certainly visit Las Canarias upon our next visit to San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2014Made my reservation for 4 for outdoor seating at least 5 days in advance of the Sunday brunch. After receivng a confirmation, imagine my disapppointment when I arrive at the restaurant to be told that outside seating was for only 2. I made my displeasure known. The young lady then placed me at a table that was at the foot of a guitar player....of course the table was empty...who wants to seat where a guitar is sitting at your back? Finally, a very polite young lady saw the situation and provided an excellent table. IF YOU ONLY SEAT 2 PEOPLE ON THE BALCONY....WHY WOULD YOU ACCEPT A RESERVATION FOR 4??? Other than this situation, our waiter Hector made for a truly enjoyable experience. But the restaurant should correct this problem!!Special Features:
- The Best Brunch on the RiverwalkPeteroo820VIPDined on 6/8/2014An elegant setting with a fabulous array of breakfast and lunch items and complimentary Mimosas. Desserts are wonderful too! What a way to start your Sunday. Service is exceptional.Special Features:
- as always, a wonderful dinner!llbreadyVIPDined on 6/7/2014my husband and I have a light dinner at Las Canarias before the symphony and other performances at the Majestic Theater. great food, carefully prepared, with impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Las Canarias. We were treated with service that was exceptional! Our waiter was so attentive and even decided that a small wine tasting would help us choose the perfect choice to pair with our entrees. The food was excellent and I especially enjoyed the quail which was prepared very well and was as good as a quail dish I recently had at Brennan'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and food!mggmdVIPDined on 5/22/2014My wife and I have dined at Las Canarias on several occassions and have never been disappointed. Great food and service! Our waiter, Ulysees, was outstanding, along with his support staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xxxxDined on 5/21/2014The squash bisque was especially good, with tiny cinnamon flavored croutons. I was pleased that they actually had the wines on the wine list. The service was excellent, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunch!luv2dine2Dined on 5/18/2014We went to Las Canarias for Sunday brunch and it was delightful! The service and hospitality was fantastic and the food was delicious. Couldn't be happier with our experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Symphony DinnerOwlGalSADined on 5/17/2014We were under somewhat tight time constraints, but Kevin, our very pleasant and helpful waiter cheerfully got us out on time. Every dish was beautifully presented (fennel salad minus the fennel) and salmon with a unique and fabulous mushroom accompaniment. Alas no time for dessert. Attentive, but not intrusive staff. Proved once again that Las Canarias is a fine dining venue suited for conversation and peaceful, refined dining. Has valet parking for restaurant diners who are also attending the symphony.Special Features:
- tahoedoxDined on 5/16/2014A very quiet, elegant setting coupled with well prepared food makes this restaurant ideal for a pre theatre meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood cut-backs/Sunday BrunchJohnandSandeefromDallasDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I go to Las Canarias every Mother's Day for Sunday Brunch. In the past couple of years, Las Canarias has had an outstanding selection of seafood and they spot-lighted the seafood buffet in the center of the restaurant. This past Mother's Day (2014), the seafood buffet lacked fresh oysters, oysters rockefeller, and stone crab claws which they had in past years. The buffet was in a bad location at the entrance to the restaurant and was on a small table. We spend approximately $175 for brunch and feel the seafood buffet should be outstanding rather than just ok.Special Features:
- The following 828 reviews are from the Las Canarias - Omni La Mansion reviews archive.
- AnniversarykathyVIPDined on 5/5/2014We love to have our anniversary at Las Canarias staff was very attentive and went out their way to help us out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect setting, delicious foodIwatchtoomuchfoodnetworkVIPDined on 5/4/2014Dined here with a small group of colleagues. We had a wonderful dinner outside on the patio by the riverwalk. The food was perfectly prepared - I shared the chateaubriand, which I am STILL thinking about, and also had delicious butternut squash soup. dishes my colleagues had were similiarly excellent. This would also be a wonderful romantic spot - a couple enjoying their lovely dinner and wine clearly had it just right. I'd go back any time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good, but not what it wascliffhuntDined on 5/4/2014My family and guests have been coming to Las Canarias at the Omni for brunch several times a year for many years now. Recently (fall of 2013 and now May 2014), we've noticed a decline in the quality and selection of the food, as well as the service. Traditionally, the staff have been very friendly, personable, and willing to go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. My guests and I didn't experience that this time. We also missed oysters (perhaps since May is a month with no "R" they're not on the menu - which I understand).The bananas foster chef clearly didn't want to be there Sunday morning, nor attend to guests - a smile goes a long way.The quality of the food remains very good, but the brunch experience was not what it once was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014The food was very good at our table of 4 however I thought my salmon dish was very ordinary for a $29 price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My second visit...AltGirlTXDined on 5/2/2014Overall, this was a good evening like the first, but there was 1 issue that kept me from giving it 5 stars again. Both times the service has been exceptional. The wait staff is friendly, they check in on your experience & make sure you have drinks but they don't hover. The strawberry jalapeno margarita was great as was the amuse bouche, appetizer & dessert. The 1 issue that arose was with our entrees. We ordered an item not typically on the menu since there was a tasting menu that night, & unfortunately, it came out cold. Our waiter was very gracious in having it re-fired, & he comp'ed two drinks, but the second time it was only slightly better. We ultimately ate them due to time limitations, but this marred an otherwise great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a showmusicaleatsDined on 4/29/2014We went to Las Canarias for dinner before a show at The Majestic Theatre. I had eaten at several restaurants near the theatre and wanted to try something different. The ambiance was nice, the service excellent, the food delicious and the whole experience was wonderful. I would definitely return in the future and I would highly recommend Las Canarias for a special meal out along the Riverwalk in San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2014Located right on the River Walk with a view of the river. Food was very tasty with some unique offerings. Wine list was extensive and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiesta Fun!vabelleDined on 4/23/2014During a recent return to San Antonio's Fiesta, we ate at Las Canarias twice, first for Easter Brunch--spectacular!--and a few days later for dinner outside on The Riverwalk. Food was wonderful as always, and the setting can't be beat. We chose it because that evening was the floating barge concert night during Fiesta, so we had music and the colorful Riverwalk/Fiesta atmostphere to enjoy along with our meal. At our request, we also had the best waiter at Las Canarias both times--ask for Brahim--he's the best, as well as most entertaining! Despite some lingering by earlier guests that was delaying outside seating for dinner on our second visit, Brahim managed the problem well and seated us without delay. Great food & atmosphere!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014I took my family here for Easter Brunch in 2010 as a special event before moving to Italy. We returned this year and I wanted to recapture the event since we're leaving San Antonio for good in July. The service and ambience was everything I hoped for although the variety of dishes was not as exceptional as I remembered. All in all, however, for a special event and a lasting memory, this is well worthwhile.Special Features:
- easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Quite enjoyable. Excellent buffet and better than I anticipated. Lobster tails overcooked. However, that is really the only thing I can really fault them on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.