16101 Ventura Blvd., Suite 270
Encino, CA 91436Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://larsenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (818) 386-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We offer live piano entertainment Thursday through Saturday night with wine and drink specials.
A word from Larsen's Steakhouse
Larsen's Steakhouse is an upscale steakhouse offering only the finest prime steaks and freshest seafood available, flown in daily. We offer over 150 wines and 30 by the glass. With impeccable service and great ambiance, our restaurant delivers a classic steakhouse feel with a modern twist. A warm dining room, and a large lounge offer a great escape from the busy city. Dark Wood ceilings and stone walls bring the restaurant alive. Come relax and enjoy the finest Encino has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Larsen's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Encino ›
Larsen's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (51)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (28)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (17)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- NewmiesVIPDined on 11/16/2014Delicious food and great service, but prices are extremely high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar scene; food server was borderline rudeREALLYVIPDined on 11/15/2014First time there for dinner. Was greeted immediately by the host staff. The host staff was friendly and welcoming. Was asked to go to the bar while the table was being prepared. And, what a great bar! Both bartenders introduced themselves to us. They were outgoing, friendly, and incredibly welcoming. The drinks were prepared perfectly, and my wife and I could have stayed there for the remainder of the evening. We were then seated at our table...and things went down from there. Our server took our order, then promptly disappeared. I had to track her down to cancel an appetizer order (which she said that she would do). But, because the server had to be tracked down (which took time), the appetizer order came out anyway. Then, instead of taking it back, or even apologizing for not cancelling the order, the server just ignored the issue. Never mentioned anything about it. I found that to be both irritating and unprofessional. And it did not get any better. As for the food, I have to agree that the meat had no flavor, and was just average. At these price points, you can do much better at the chain restaurants like Arnie Morton's or Ruth's Chris. AND, the $25.00 add-on for the king-crab legs was pointless. It tasted like rubber, and for $25.00 you can get a pound of crab-legs at a grocery store (and it would taste better). Final recommendation? Go to the bar! Get some appetizers there, and enjoy the friendliness of the bar staff.Special Features:
- My HORRIBLE dining ExperienceOnTheQTDined on 11/8/2014We took my 99 Year old Father to Larsen's to celebrate my his 99th Birthday! We ordered the New York Steak and Rack of Lamb. First, our Artichoke appetizer was not good. The New York Steak was tuff and had no flavor whatsoever. The Lamb tasted as though it had been frozen defrosted, it was oily and had no flavor as well, simply Bland meats! Our server was awful and never around. My Wine tasted like vinegar. I was contacted by a young woman from Larsen's on 11/9/14 asking me about my experience. I told her how horrible it was. She said that she would have Michael Schanafelt, the General Manager contact me immediately! Well he never called. A MINUS 4 star experience at best! We won't be going back. Horrible Experience! Horrible Customer Serv
- Excellent ExperienceTeruReviewVIPDined on 11/7/2014Took my mom here for her birthday and couldn't have picked a better place! From telling her happy birthday when we walked in, to the birthday card on our table signed by all the staff, to the delicious dessert with a candle in it, Larsen's made this such a special birthday for my mom. And don't forget the ambiance, the great piano player and the food! Everything was delicious with a nice presentation. The salmon melted in my mouth and the lobster mashed potatoes are to die for! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistenly goodLeneVIPDined on 11/1/2014Went for birthday dinner and there was a card on the table and complimentary dessert. Our steak was perfectly cooked. The creamed spinach was not salty, as is common in other steak houses. There is live piano music that is not too loud so is a lovely addition to fine dining. Our waiter and Adam, the sommelier, were attentive and knowledgable. One of our favorite restaurants in the valley or city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouseKikiDined on 10/31/2014This is a nice local steakhouse. Great choices of meats and sides. The mac & cheese with sun-dried tomatoes and bacon was excellent. We enjoyed several appetizers; tuna tartar (the tuna pieces were way too big), and oysters rockefeller (excellent). I had the filet (wet aged) and it was tender and tasty. Wines are expensive. We used our $100 gift cards were received as a wedding gift. After we looked at the menu online, we decided to head to Costco to buy more gift cards ($80 for $100 credit). Our visit on Halloween was quite nice. We overheard that the restaurant was not as busy as it usually is on a Friday. Several days after our visit, I received a call from the restaurant to make sure that we had a great experience.Special Features:
- Larsens EncinoMrChopinCOODined on 10/28/2014First I was not aware the Larsens was part of the Flemings chain. That being said I thoroughly the Felmings dining experience and Larsens shared the same values - great food, service and an excellent selections of spirits and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet another great mealJustJodiDined on 10/25/2014Had another delicious meal at Larsen's. The salmon was great and as always, our waiter, Jamie ensured that our experience was the best! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JEJeffersDined on 10/22/2014Great steaks great service great bar selection what else could you wantSpecial Features:
- always solidkimberVIPDined on 10/21/2014Always a solid predictably good restaurant. The Sea Bass was delicious and my guests enjoyed their steaks. Can always trust the quality to bring guests here.Special Features:
- Great service, great foodLadyhawkeDined on 10/17/2014Love it here! Have been here five times and enjoy more each time.Special Features:
- CHARLIEVIPDined on 10/12/2014Excellent food & service. My only complaint is that the corkage fee is high at $25. We were celebrating a birthday which was mentioned on my Open Table reservation, but wasn't acknowledged by the staff.Special Features:
- A Special AnniversaryDanteDined on 10/11/2014The staff was most courteous as we arrived for our 15th anniversary dinner. There was even a signed card on the table. The food was good but the steak was sumptuous. If your going to a steakhouse, get a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerLeneVIPDined on 10/1/2014Steak cooked perfectly, spinach not too salty (often happens) and onion rings crisp and not too oily. Wait people were all very attentive and helpful. Loved the live piano. We had a beautiful evening.Special Features:
- Good Service - Poor FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Only steakhouse on Ventura Blvd. in Encino makes it convenient, service is very good, waiter was attentive but the food was poor and ex-termly over priced. Chateau Briana was over cooked and portion was small, rib eye was OK not great, mac and cheese is more like cheese soup and noodles. Peanut butter and chocolate cake was marginal. So three glasses of wine, one Chateau Briana, one Rib-eye, One chicken dish, sides asparagus , broccoli, baked potato, mac and cheese, chopped salad, one chocolate and peanut butter cake...$480 (includes tip)
- Nice SteakhousewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 9/27/2014Club atmosphere with comfortable booths and tables. The staff is friendly, attentive and caring. Steaks have been very flavorful - definitely nice cuts of quality beef are served here. The Larsens salad is a favorite, although I prefer less dressing and order it on the side. All sides are good here and portioned to share with 2-3 people. Wine list is very good, definitely some reasonable options can be found and corkage is available at a fair fee. We do enjoy this Larsens location albeit not impressed with the Simi group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rib eyerandyDined on 9/27/2014Great steak. Had mac and cheese, asparagus, green beans as side dishes. House cabernet was a very good pairing. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAThugrydudeDined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent. I like the New York Steak. The Chinese salad was also good.Special Features:
- Now that's a steak!StltwngirlVIPDined on 9/25/2014Fantastic Service and Superb Food! Always great! Love the lighted menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKLJLDined on 9/23/2014We went for our anniversary this year. The entire staff signed an anniversary card that was left on the table. It is these personal touches that bring us back again and again. The food was delicious as usual, the mood relaxed and elegant, you never feel rushed. I love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great DinnerAramkoDined on 9/20/2014Once in a while when one thing goes wrong, everything else goes wrong. Our experience Saturday at Larsen's was the complete opposite. From the moment we walked in, we had one positive experience after another. The staff was great and everything we ordered was amazing! Thank you.Special Features:
- ControlBuzzzVIPDined on 9/19/20141`. Need to control pricing please. 2. Need sweet potato fries.....been begging for those for years as have my guests. leeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Went here on a date and was originally seated next to a table of businessmen who progressively got louder. The waitress moved us without us even complaining. The food was very well prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentexcellentDined on 9/11/2014great to have quality dining nearby; arguably the best restaruant in the San Fernando ValleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting BetterBuzzzVIPDined on 9/9/2014Keeps getting better. menus are new and lit again. food continued excellence. prices are getting notably higher.....may cause less occpancy.Special Features:
- Great place to meet and talkChicagoAlDined on 9/9/2014We had a terrific lunch...service was wonderful...I have been to Larsen's many times for dinner ...We all enjoyed salads and appreciated the service and attention...it certainly is a place you want to return to many times...Special Features:
- So disappointedeatoutoftenDined on 8/20/2014I've eaten here before and enjoyed. Not this time. 4 of us dined - 2 ordered steaks and 2 fish. The "seared" ahi tuna was very overcooked. The steaks were heavily salted. We did not complain at the time, but one person did call the next day to say how unhappy he was with his meal. Add to this, the VERY high price of the food and we just won't go back. I personally was offended by the fact that they had 2 sets of high prices for the steaks. I asked the waiter the difference and he said that the higher priced meat was more flavorful and tender. The lower price was $39 for 12 ounces or less, depending on the cut. At that price, it ought to be pretty darn tender and flavorful. Hard to tell how good the meat was due to all the salt.
- Always a PleasureSparrowDined on 8/19/2014Our experience was outstanding as usual. We had friends in from out of town and they requested we go back to Larsen's. Every time we eat theire it is a pleasure. From appetizer, to the salad, to the entree, to dessert, all was outstanding. The baked ostyers were delicious, the house salad was wonderful. Our entrees of steak Oscar and chateau briand were perfectly cook and delicious. To top it off we shared a wonderful apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Ou entire meal was outstanding.Special Features:
- Date NightJoshDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant was perfect for a date night. Once you walk in, it has a dark atmosphere. The service was amazing, and very professional. The food was outstanding and well worth the price. Would go again for sure.Special Features:
- Lovely EveninglovelagunaDined on 8/9/2014As always, we enjoy Larsen's Encino and are so glad it is so close by. It is elegant yet not too pretentious and all the staff from the time you arrive till leave make the evening great. Great managmentSpecial Features:
- Loved the lambfloocDined on 8/9/2014The rack of lamb was by far the best I have had. I usually cook chicken and fish at home so when I dine out it's usually lamb, steak and shellfish in that order. Most places overcook lamb or over-spice it. Larsen's lamb was exquisite. The cream of spinach was awesome as well. Most places put so much cream the spinach gets lost in the pool of it. I confess of having sticker-shock when checking the sides but the portions are enough for 4 people at the most, and well worth it. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place for a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/4/2014If you are like me and want to go to a top quality steakhouse on your birthday, Larsen's can't be beat. The food and service were excellent. I enjoyed everything about the evening. The Ribeye was marbled and delicious and my wife and her sister's food looked good too. Order the mushrooms. They are amazing.Special Features:
- DanielDanielVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food and a great patio if its a warm night. Cannot go wrong with this placeSpecial Features:
- foodlover2Dined on 7/25/2014Best prime steaks anywhere. Excellent wine choices. Great to dine with a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 844 reviews are from the Larsen's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- disappointedJJFamDined on 7/19/2014High ratings for ambience and service. My first time eating at Larsen's. I ordered Filet Mignon medium rare, but it came medium. I asked for a new steak cooked medium rare & it came back overcooked again. I watched my friends eat their meal & ate my baked potato. Although the food was disappointing, the management was OUTSTANDING. they apologized profusely & took the stakes off our check & presented us with an array of desserts. Who knows, maybe I'll give them another chance. Very pricey. Check online.Special Features:
- Humiliating !!!!!!Michael4535Dined on 7/19/2014We have loved Larsen's for a very long time. But I'm afraid they lost us last night. After a wonderful meal, a "Manager" came to our table with the Larsen's gift card ($50) that we provided along with our credit card. He told us that the card didn't work and was no good. He grilled us about when we had got it & had we already used it. Our Daughter gave it to us for our birthdays and when a card is used, it is NOT given back !! He was obnoxious and rude and demeaning. We were SO embarrassed and humiliated - for all of the restaurant to see. I'm so angry that I'll stop now.
- horrible food and servicelex22Dined on 7/19/2014Could not get one thing right. From the drinks to starter, to entree everything was horrible. Even the chocolate dipped strawberries we old, soft and leaking. I will never go here again. To pay that much for a steak house that has no quality control is very disappointing. The staff just stands there when you try to get there attention. Over all it was a horrible experience that I had to laugh at in order not to get mad and ruin my nightSpecial Features:
- Excellent Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/16/2014Great experience hosting several business lunches. Service is present, but not intrusive. Good excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing.barooboodooDined on 7/14/2014I am not particularly wealthy so when I do pay a significant amount for something, I really want to get my money's worth. That was definitely the case at Larsen's. This was probably the most expensive dinner I've ever enjoyed ($130 for two people) but it was easily the best food I've ever had. The server helped me immensely as I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to steak. My girlfriend got the stuffed chicken and I got the 16 oz dry aged strip steak, both were ridiculously delicious. I'd also like to clarify that I don't think the restaurant is overpriced, if anything it's underpriced. I am simply not making enough to come here particularly often.Special Features:
- ExplorerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Best halibut ever. Steaks better than most high end steakhouses in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.