16101 Ventura Blvd., Suite 270
Encino, CA 91436Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://larsenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8183869500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We offer live piano entertainment Thursday through Saturday night with wine and drink specials.
A word from Larsen's Steakhouse
Larsen's Steakhouse is an upscale steakhouse offering only the finest prime steaks and freshest seafood available, flown in daily. We offer over 150 wines and 30 by the glass. With impeccable service and great ambiance, our restaurant delivers a classic steakhouse feel with a modern twist. A warm dining room, and a large lounge offer a great escape from the busy city. Dark Wood ceilings and stone walls bring the restaurant alive. Come relax and enjoy the finest Encino has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Larsen's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Encino ›
Larsen's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (12)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- So disappointedeatoutoftenDined on 8/20/2014I've eaten here before and enjoyed. Not this time. 4 of us dined - 2 ordered steaks and 2 fish. The "seared" ahi tuna was very overcooked. The steaks were heavily salted. We did not complain at the time, but one person did call the next day to say how unhappy he was with his meal. Add to this, the VERY high price of the food and we just won't go back. I personally was offended by the fact that they had 2 sets of high prices for the steaks. I asked the waiter the difference and he said that the higher priced meat was more flavorful and tender. The lower price was $39 for 12 ounces or less, depending on the cut. At that price, it ought to be pretty darn tender and flavorful. Hard to tell how good the meat was due to all the salt.
- Always a PleasureSparrowDined on 8/19/2014Our experience was outstanding as usual. We had friends in from out of town and they requested we go back to Larsen's. Every time we eat theire it is a pleasure. From appetizer, to the salad, to the entree, to dessert, all was outstanding. The baked ostyers were delicious, the house salad was wonderful. Our entrees of steak Oscar and chateau briand were perfectly cook and delicious. To top it off we shared a wonderful apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Ou entire meal was outstanding.Special Features:
- Lovely EveninglovelagunaDined on 8/9/2014As always, we enjoy Larsen's Encino and are so glad it is so close by. It is elegant yet not too pretentious and all the staff from the time you arrive till leave make the evening great. Great managmentSpecial Features:
- Loved the lambfloocDined on 8/9/2014The rack of lamb was by far the best I have had. I usually cook chicken and fish at home so when I dine out it's usually lamb, steak and shellfish in that order. Most places overcook lamb or over-spice it. Larsen's lamb was exquisite. The cream of spinach was awesome as well. Most places put so much cream the spinach gets lost in the pool of it. I confess of having sticker-shock when checking the sides but the portions are enough for 4 people at the most, and well worth it. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place for a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/4/2014If you are like me and want to go to a top quality steakhouse on your birthday, Larsen's can't be beat. The food and service were excellent. I enjoyed everything about the evening. The Ribeye was marbled and delicious and my wife and her sister's food looked good too. Order the mushrooms. They are amazing.Special Features:
- DanielDanielVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food and a great patio if its a warm night. Cannot go wrong with this placeSpecial Features:
- foodlover2Dined on 7/25/2014Best prime steaks anywhere. Excellent wine choices. Great to dine with a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedJJFamDined on 7/19/2014High ratings for ambience and service. My first time eating at Larsen's. I ordered Filet Mignon medium rare, but it came medium. I asked for a new steak cooked medium rare & it came back overcooked again. I watched my friends eat their meal & ate my baked potato. Although the food was disappointing, the management was OUTSTANDING. they apologized profusely & took the stakes off our check & presented us with an array of desserts. Who knows, maybe I'll give them another chance. Very pricey. Check online.Special Features:
- Humiliating !!!!!!Michael4535Dined on 7/19/2014We have loved Larsen's for a very long time. But I'm afraid they lost us last night. After a wonderful meal, a "Manager" came to our table with the Larsen's gift card ($50) that we provided along with our credit card. He told us that the card didn't work and was no good. He grilled us about when we had got it & had we already used it. Our Daughter gave it to us for our birthdays and when a card is used, it is NOT given back !! He was obnoxious and rude and demeaning. We were SO embarrassed and humiliated - for all of the restaurant to see. I'm so angry that I'll stop now.
- horrible food and servicelex22Dined on 7/19/2014Could not get one thing right. From the drinks to starter, to entree everything was horrible. Even the chocolate dipped strawberries we old, soft and leaking. I will never go here again. To pay that much for a steak house that has no quality control is very disappointing. The staff just stands there when you try to get there attention. Over all it was a horrible experience that I had to laugh at in order not to get mad and ruin my nightSpecial Features:
- Excellent Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/16/2014Great experience hosting several business lunches. Service is present, but not intrusive. Good excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing.barooboodooDined on 7/14/2014I am not particularly wealthy so when I do pay a significant amount for something, I really want to get my money's worth. That was definitely the case at Larsen's. This was probably the most expensive dinner I've ever enjoyed ($130 for two people) but it was easily the best food I've ever had. The server helped me immensely as I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to steak. My girlfriend got the stuffed chicken and I got the 16 oz dry aged strip steak, both were ridiculously delicious. I'd also like to clarify that I don't think the restaurant is overpriced, if anything it's underpriced. I am simply not making enough to come here particularly often.Special Features:
- ExplorerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Best halibut ever. Steaks better than most high end steakhouses in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAJESTICS STEAKSwolfemanVIPDined on 6/28/2014There are no steaks in this town that are better. I have been to just about all the steakhouses you can go to and I have not found a better one. There are one or two that may come close but dollar for dollar I would rather eat at Larsen's. This is not my first visit and again I was not disappointed. Everything was perfect. They prepare the food just the way you want it and the service was great.Special Features:
- Whoa!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I had never been to a steakhouse. I loved it! It was pricier than I expected, but it was worth it. My husband and I were not celebrating anything but decided we needed a night out. Our waitress was amazing and she was very thoughtful and attentive.Special Features:
- good steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014there were three of us and we all ordered different steaks. surprisingly, all turned out great. my only complaint is that the Manhattan was without a cherry. when i called this to their attention for the next round, i had two cherries.Special Features:
- try itbeck2448Dined on 6/10/2014A good steakhouse with friendly service. Food was very good. Booth was comfortable and exactly what I requested. Reasonable price for this quality. Ambience is classic but still fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointmentFamilyDined on 6/6/2014We don't go out much when we do we go to the best. Well not in this case my med rare was med well. Not much flavor you should not have to put steak sause on a 55 dollar steak the sea food tower was way over priced for the few pieces you get. The Mac and cheese was the best ever I have to say. I ordered a beer that was slightly warm.Special Features:
- shapDined on 6/4/2014We met with long time friends and enjoyed our experience at this restaurant. Everyone from the hostess to the server was pleasant, helpful and friend. Even the manager came by to deliver our dessert! Lovely restaurant and delicious food....we go again!Special Features:
- MikeTheEaterDined on 5/31/2014Great food and great service. The waiter was unparalled with his service. The artichoke/crab dip was excellent!!!!!! The recommended blueberry cosmo was delightful.Special Features:
- Still Great but Kitchen Very SlowBuzzzVIPDined on 5/27/2014Food was excellent and we ate in the bar area this time. Only issue was that it took an exceptional amount of time to get our main order.....so much so that we thought they forgot to put it in and told them if not ready then please cancel as we filled up on appetizers and salad. The order came shortly after that and we boxed it up and took it home. First time this has happened and hope it is not a vision of what is to come.Special Features:
- Home RunRocketDined on 5/24/2014We always have a great meal here and the service is awesome. Get the bacon wrapped shrimp app -- to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner for a friend.JillDined on 5/22/2014Our waiter Russel was especially engaging and knew as much about the wine as he did about the food. Beautiful piece of peanut butter cake with a candle on top. Mission accomplished! Thanks, Larsen's.Special Features:
- Perfect Special Occasion RestaurantSpecial1Dined on 5/20/2014We celebrated our 35th Anniversary at Larsen's on Tuesday night. The dinner and the service could not have been better. We both had small filets (big enough to take some home) preceded by, in my wife's case, a wonderful tuna tartar and, in my case, oysters on the half shell and a tomato & burrata salad. The young woman who served us was exceptional and is a real plus for Lasrsen's. Although we live in Studio City, Larsen's in Encino has become our "go-to" restaurant for special occasions, even though we are a 10-minute drive to the wealth of restaurants in Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. Bottom line -- we will be returning to Larsen's again very soon. Mike & Debbie MurphySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedPaicheDined on 5/17/2014Food was good, but nothing special. Drinks were weak, Salad was mediocre, steak good but way overpriced. I was not impressed.
- Mediocre foodSelinDined on 5/16/2014I actually expected more for the the price. We went 2 couple and the steaks were okay and I had sea bass and that was delicious. The service was not friendly at all. Seemed like the waitress was in a hurry to serve and get us out of there! Kind of disappointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/15/2014Been there many times for lunch and have never been disappointed. Looking forward to having dinner at Larsons.Special Features:
- OK DinnerDlishiousDined on 5/12/2014Overall, it was an OK experience. Nothing extraordinary. The steak was good but didn't quite meet my expectations. For these prices, I would rather go to Mastro's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mother's Day DinnerYeremhDined on 5/10/2014Took my Wife out for Mother's Day, Had an excellent Dinner. The restaurant is nice & the Staff are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High cost med. valueJimhDined on 5/10/2014The value just isn't there, for the overall cost. The house wine was the best part of the meal
- Good for business dinnerssandraDined on 5/5/2014brought the CIO of a Fortune 50 company who flew in from NY, with some local managers. great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 820 reviews are from the Larsen's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Fine diningKennyDined on 5/4/2014Food and service was great. Be prepared as the food is quite pricey but worth the price!Special Features:
- Loved this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Not snobbish like many fine resturants are!! Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightTraceyDined on 5/2/2014Food was fantastic from the cheesebread to the salad and finally the specials. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- dining at Larsen'sjimmymacDined on 5/1/2014had a great experience. would recommend to my friends. service and food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steakRoddyDined on 4/17/2014If you love steaks........then Larsen's is your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good, but a few flopsps4everVIPDined on 4/11/2014Refined atmosphere - very unexpected for a restaurant over a strip mall. Live music, classy atmosphere, noise level just right. The A/C was set to way too cold. The meat is of excellent quality. One person had fish and didn't rave about it, but didn't dislike it either. The chopped salad was amazing, the crab cakes were good, however the tomato burrata salad was a disappointment: regular tomatoes from your local supermarket instead of heirloom as one would expect at a restaurant of this caliber. Sides and deserts were tasty and of generous portions; however the chocolate covered strawberries were too sugary, the chocolate should be of a deeper, darker aroma. A non pretentious restaurant with great service and food if you know what to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good but PriceyRichardVIPDined on 4/7/2014The Food and the service was very good, A bit pricey however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!lateoneDined on 4/6/2014The service was great from the moment we entered, we were pleasantly surprised that the food was great too! It was late when we got there yet we still received very good service. It was quiet, but I figured it was timing and didn't mind, besides it is very pretty inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014I really enjoyed going to this steakhouse. It's quite pricey ($250 for two with no alcohol), but worth it. I ordered the ribeye with this amazing bluecheese and scallop Bearnaise sauce, and it was outstanding. We also got the wedge salad and the mac/cheese, both of which were terrific. It might be the best steak I've ever had. My husband and I went for our anniversary, and it was a good choice. Dark and romantic, but with back-lit menus so you can see what you're ordering. The staff was terrific. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.