Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia
24320 Town Center Dr.#130
Valencia, CA 91355Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.larsenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6612881002
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let Larsen’s Grill cater your event. We feature a wide variety of catering packages. Larsen’s Catering offers a variety of service options in an effort to accommodate your needs. Let us know how we can help make your event unique. Please contact us at 661.288.1002 to discuss pricing for the options listed below. We recommend at least 48 hours notice for a delivery and one-week notice for all catering orders. During busy seasons, we book up quickly. All orders are done on a first come first served basis. Thank you!
- Private Party Facilities: Let us take care of your business dinner or social event needs in our state of the art private dinning room.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Vonnegut 6612881002
- Entertainment: We offer live piano entertainment nightly with wine and drink specials.
A word from Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia
Larsen's Steakhouse is an upscale steakhouse offering only the finest prime steaks and freshest seafood available, flown in daily. We offer over 200 wines and 30 by the glass. With impeccable service and great ambiance, our restaurant delivers a classic steakhouse feel with a modern twist. A warm dining room, and a large lounge offer a great escape from the busy city. Dark Wood ceilings and stone walls bring the restaurant alive. Come relax and enjoy the finest Valencia has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia - Best Restaurants in Valencia ›
Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (37)notable wine list (30)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (11)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- MsslindnerDined on 10/10/2014Everyone that we had contact with was very attentive and helpful. The food was great except for the bread as I loved it but some guests thought it was too doughy. I felt that is common with hot bread, if they had waited until it to cool a little the texture was very good. I knew the prices prior to going there but I still went. It is tough for us seniors on a limited income, but it was a great birthday surprise for our guests. It will probably take us another 6 months to save $ to go there again, but it does give us something to look forward to.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I had a date night for the first time since Valentine's day. We had a 20 oz NY strip and the Seared Ahi with garlic mashed potatoes and mushrooms. My steak was a little less than medium rare but due to the lack of light it was impossible to tell. I made mention that the center was not warm and that I wasn't sure. The waitress took back my steak and had them throw it on a for another minute or two. I then felt the center and it was warm but now some was medium and other parts were around medium rare. The seared ahi was something that I have gotten at the airport before on a salad. Nothing special. The highlight of the evening was the service. Our waitress gave us a complementary lava cake which was delicious.
- High End Santa ClaritaWineCopVIPDined on 10/4/2014Likely the most expensive dining in Santa Clarita, but arguably the best. Extensive choice of large cuts of dry and wet aged meats. We had the Chateaubriand for two, split one huge baked potato and a large side of creamed spinach. I began with the best lobster bisque anywhere, with large chunks of lobster, and my wife had the arugula salad. The wine list, presented in a backlit tablet, is quite extensive. We ordered a 2009 Round Pond Cabernet (after consultation with the manager/sommelier), which was a perfect match to the melt-in-your-mouth cut of beef. We finished off with a very large slice of chocolate-peanut butter cake. The portions are so large, that we took home what became another full meal for myself on the following day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed :(RCsReviewsDined on 9/29/2014Husband and I went here for anniversary dinner. Server: Gary = AMAZING! He was the only reason we would ever go back. Food: such a disappointment. The french onion soup was good, very cheesy. The bread was AMAZING. When it came to the actual meal, however, we were left so disappointed. Sauteed mushrooms were over-sauteed, almost canned mushroom-like, our steaks were tasteless. I had the dry aged filet, husband had the bone in ribeye.. I couldn't even finish my steak. Gary brought us an anniversary cheesecake and it was delicious. Overall, the only thing lacking (which happens to be the most important) were the entrees.Special Features:
- Best Steak of My LifeNicoleDined on 9/28/2014The staff all personally signed a birthday card for my father, which was a nice & unique touch. The lighting was beautifully dimmed, so they also offered lighted menus. Service was excellent, drinks were top notch, food was spectacular. Best steak of my life: even cooked med-well it just melted in my mouth & the flavor was exquisite considering it was only lightly seasoned. We had a party of 10, which they accommodated well but I can tell they wouldn't be able to hold several large parties at once. My 2yo went without a highchair as they do not have any (too upscale). Dining is very pricey but well worth the splurge; keep in mind the salads & sides are large enough to share. Overall it was friendly, delicious & classy without being snooty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Excellent food, our favorite spot for a special event! Very expensive, however you get what you pay for….like I said, we only go for Special Events :)Special Features:
- One of the Best in Santa ClaritahungryprofDined on 9/19/2014This was one of the best meals I've had in Santa Clarita. The filet was outstanding! The bread pudding was my second favorite part of the meal, and the service was second to none. I can't say enough good about this restaurant. They even called me the next day to see how my experience had been. I will go back again.Special Features:
- Corporate DinnerFoodieGuyDined on 9/16/2014I took out of town colleagues to dinner at Larsen's. Everyone enjoyed the food, wine and ambiance. It's a great place for dinner. The place was not to loud yet vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014It was our 42nd anniversary so we wanted to do something special. Our experience at Larsen's was perfect. Our dinners were so, so delicious. The wine list and dessert lists are a kick (they light up!) and our server was outstanding. He even had a special dessert made for us when what we wanted wasn't on the menu! Of course it was very expensive but, for this special occasion, it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valencia has a steakhouse!sandmanrcaDined on 9/13/2014Great service, outstanding food! I had gotten away from the high end steakhouses sometime ago as I felt they didn't meet my expectations for the cost.. My wife and I needed a good night out and decided to try a new place. Larsens not only met but exceeded my expectations! Excellent service, outstanding food ! The GM and Somm, Richard, was extremely nice, knowledgeable and helpful. Molly, our server, was outstanding as well. We can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larsen's reviewebenezerDined on 9/13/2014Overall, the food and the service was great the main dinning room is to noising for fine dining. I like to eat my meals in quiet conversation. Not hearing everyone else because of the noise I only visit you fine dinning one a quarter. If the noise level was better I would come more often. Why private curtains round the booth or tables like in other fine dining establishments.Special Features:
- Service was great, food was notBirthdaypartyof2Dined on 9/12/2014Our waiter was fabulous. He was extremely attentive, made us laugh and just made our entire dining experience enjoyable. The food however was another story. The steaks tasted like they had no seasoning on them. Even the peppercorn sauce didn't help. My husband and I are seasoned steakhouse diners and have had some of the best in the world. This was no match compared to Cut, Steak or Delminicos just to name a few. If we ever decide to come back I it wouldn't be because of the food.Special Features:
- Food outstanding, service over doneJetguyDined on 9/6/2014Starters, mains and sides were absolutely fantastic. The dry-aged filet, the crab cake and the mac & cheese were standouts. Excellent wine service & knowledge. The illuminated wine list was gimmicky but very cool. On the downside, service was maybe a bit too 'attentive'. It was a nice touch for the chef to stop at the table, but by the time the fifth person in ten minutes asked "how is everything?", I was ready to tell him to go in the back and tell everyone table X is just fine, thank you, but we'd like to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larsen'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Always a great meal. Prime rib was outstanding and the jalepeno, bacon, macoroni and cheese was a surprise! But keep you wallet full, the bill will give you sticker shock!Special Features:
- Wonderful way to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Brought the wife here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Had never heard of this steakhouse before and had a fantastic time. Everyone that serviced our table was very friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. We went for the bacon wrapped prawns to start and we had the 20oz prime rib and double lobster dish. Sides included the macaroni with jalepenos and bacon and the ratatoullie. They provided a free chocolate bundt cake for our celebration and we ordered the bread pudding. They fry the edges of the bread and season with cinnamon (awesome). They recommended a great port to complement the desserts too. Finished the night with a 26yr old Glenlivet. Spoke at length with the Chef and apparently they are aggressively opening 2-3 more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth price ??OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014filet mignon: no flavor mac and cheese order came out WRONG VERY above ave food for very expensive pricing
- Great for Date night.zer0Dined on 8/28/2014Everything was great except the Steaks we ordered filet mignon and bone-in aged steak presentation was great the the taste I would say rating scale 4 out 10 the steaks needed a bit more seasoning other then that they were very tender and what we loved was the lobster mashed potato that was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our 12 year-old son said his meal at Larsen's was the "best he'd ever had." I'd rank it among my top 10. Our family ordered two of the prime aged filets to share among the four of us, and Larsen's cut them prior to cooking to accommodate our individual cooking preferences. Delicious! As were the perfectly seasoned green beans, and the lick-the-bowl bacon and jalapeno mac-n-cheese. Our waiter was helpful, knowledgeable, and accommodating. Overall wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Treat!SCVFoodieDined on 8/18/2014We enjoyed dinner here and found the service was great and the staff were all friendly. The champagne and cocktails were very good and we treated ourselves to the lobster mashed potatoes along with our steaks. The restaurant was busy for a Monday night but we still felt our service was attentive and friendly. Pricey but a real treat for a special night out.Special Features:
- Ok, but not up to LA StandardsCalifNatvDined on 8/17/2014We decided to dine here for my daughter’s birthday, she was back from college. Logistically, SCV was the best choice for a steak house in the area, so we booked at Larsen’s. Service was great, very friendly staff, but the food was lackluster and expensive. Steaks were ok, but not the melt in your mouth experience you would expect from a high end steak house. All in all, I would not repeat, for the same or less you can get a much better steak in any of the better Pasadena or Los Angeles establishments.
- Best steak in townRudiselDined on 8/15/2014This was a great find. Glad they have a steakhouse in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to have tried it; never again!CheapsterDined on 8/3/2014I'd heard that it was the best in Santa Clarita, so we tried it for our wedding anniversary. I had rib eye, my wife had filet. Since we hadn't specified the left or right side of the menu, we got the more expensive left side. Both steaks were flavorful, though mine was somewhat gristly. We each had a glass of wine, bringing our total bill to just under $200 plus tip. Although we pointed out that the printed receipt total came to more than the cost of the individual items shown, they told us that it was a mistake that the $4 charge for mushrooms was not printed. The food pricing is obscene, and it's all a la carte. So start with a $55 steak and then add $12 for mashed potatoes, broccoli, or whatever. We skipped dessert.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsthefleurdeladyDined on 7/26/2014For my 2nd time at Larson's, I was again impressed by the food. It was fabulous. Our waiter, Ian gave us the service I would expect from this caliber of restaurant. The only downfall I heard repeatedly from our party of 5 was how dark it was in the dining room. No one could read the menus without help from the light of the wine menu or a portable flashlight someone brought with them. I do remember that from our last visit as well and would hate to see Larson's lose clientele over that small issue.Special Features:
- As good as advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Overall, the experience was very good. The noise level was a bit much, but not unbearable. The noise is what kept me from rating the establishment romantic. We were seated immediately even though we arrived 20 minutes early. The service staff were extraordinary. The meal arrived in a very timely manner. The ribeye was cooked to perfection (rare). The mac and cheese (with bacon and jalapenos) was amazing. We read several negative reviews before we decided to try Larsen's out, but couldn't find any reason for negativity. A bit pricey, but to be expected for a high-end restaurant. We were very pleased.Special Features:
- If not the best steak, then top 3.AnniversaryGuy67Dined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious, every bite was perfect from the crab cakes and ahi tuna tartare through the bone-in ribeye, the sauteed broccolini, and the AMAZING sweet potatoes with the pecan caramel sauce, down to the terrific creme brule and a chocoholic's choice chocolate bundt cake. The service was awesome (which is really only to be expected). The only thing that wasn't perfect, was that it was kind of dark and when they set the room up for evening the lights noticably flicker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrGCDined on 7/23/2014Food was outstanding! Great wine list at all price points. Service was excellent. Although at the top end of the restaurant price range, for a VERY special occasion, worth the price! Santa Clarita needed this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/20142 out of 3 meals were good. My grass fed filet was terrible - zero flavor. When I told my server that my steak was not any good and unlike the steak I ate the previous time, his only response was that all the steaks should be the same. Exactly my point. The server didn't seem to care that I had wasted $57 for a terrible steak. I will never go back to Larsen's. Unpredictable quality and zero concern for the customer.
- Not up to parRichardVIPDined on 7/11/2014I made a reservation using OpenTable. I was by myself so I asked if I could sit in the bar so I could watch TV. The Hostess obliged but failed to mention I would lose my points if I sat there instead of the dining room. That's a cheap trick. The Blue Cheese salad dressing was so full of pepper it burned my mouth. I guess the chef has to cover up incompetence with Pepper? If I wanted a lot of pepper on my salad that's what the pepper grinder is for. Not on the level of Ruth's Chris, Morton's, or Mastro's. Not up to parSpecial Features:
- Best steakhouse in ValenciaMamawDined on 7/9/2014We are so glad Larsons came to Valencia - we needed this nice couples spot in our city !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/8/2014Thank you Larsen's for making our anniversary a special night, the food and the service was amazing.Special Features:
- RedcarceoVIPDined on 7/6/2014The prices have risen; the quality of the meat does not appear to be prime; they could not cook my steak well done, so I ate after my party. Opinion rings were soggy .Wedge was very salty. It was a very hot day and we were disappointed that there were no blended drinks. The bartender told us it was because management had determined that blenders diluted and detracted from the ambiance. If Flemings, and Morton's, the Chart House and Gulfstream can do so, perhaps you should reconsider.
- A Night to RememberAMichelDined on 7/3/2014My bf loves good food and good service and for his birthday I decided to bring him to Larsens. It was the perfect night. We were seated immediately upon arriving. We had menus and water right away and our waiter was very helpful with his recommendations. We had a few sides that weren't on the menu and the absolute best wine pairing with our food. At the end of the night we were brought over a birthday pastry and a very nice birthday card, compliments of the restaurant. The crab legs and bone in filet were cooked to perfection and the Yao Ming 2009 wine was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Herescjo3Dined on 6/28/2014It is a pleasure to have a fine dining restaurant in our valley. Consistency is the most important, and most difficult to achieve, but after many visits, Larsen's has succeeded, with a pleasant attitude by the staff. Thank you, Flemming.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceJulesDDined on 6/21/2014Food is great but the service is absolutely spot on; non-intrusive, upscale, polite and precisely timed between meals.Special Features:
- Larsen's ValenciaSteakloverDined on 6/21/2014The food was delicious and prepared exactly as ordered. Very noisy though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealOzziedinnerDined on 6/21/2014All of our meals were extra delicious with the exception of the Rack of Lamb. Way too much fat to delicious meat ratio. Our waiter was superb, salads were tasty. Expensive but worth it for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday DinnerMazyDined on 6/21/2014Saturday, June 21, 2014, my boyfriend and I had an early dinner at Larsen's steak house. It was our first time there. Larsen's open's at 5:00 pm and our reservations was made for 5:00 pm. We arrived 15 minutes early. Because we were early, they had us sit in the bar area until they were ready for guest. We waited and noticed at 5:00 pm they were seating guest so we went back and asked to be seated. I asked for a booth and the lady who was seating us said she was planning on seating us at a booth. Our waiter was Troy and he was very attentive. The Food was delicious and very rich. Over all we had a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 284 reviews are from the Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia reviews archive.
- Excellent cuisineImakereservationsDined on 6/20/2014Everything we ordered was delicious and top quality. The service is excellent and the noise level santa bad either. The only complaint I had was how dark the restaurant is. They used to have menus that lit up but don't any longer. The waiter had to lend us a flashlight to read the menus! It's like eating in a cave--albeit a comfortable one. If the adjust the lighting it would've been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cliffDined on 6/15/2014We have not ben to Larsons for awhile so we were not sure what to expect. The food was great and the service was good .Special Features:
- DisappointedRandyDined on 6/14/2014Went to Larsen's for Father's Day and decided to try one of their specials, the three piece (wet, dry, and kobe) steak offering. The wet piece had grissel running through the middle leaving 50% of it uneatable. The kobe piece appeared to like a quarter inch thick. The wet piece was pretty good. I've been to Morton's, I've been to Lawry's and The Cut. I know what good steak is...and this wasn't it.