Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia
24320 Town Center Dr.#130
Valencia, CA 91355Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.larsenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6612881002
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let Larsen’s Grill cater your event. We feature a wide variety of catering packages. Larsen’s Catering offers a variety of service options in an effort to accommodate your needs. Let us know how we can help make your event unique. Please contact us at 661.288.1002 to discuss pricing for the options listed below. We recommend at least 48 hours notice for a delivery and one-week notice for all catering orders. During busy seasons, we book up quickly. All orders are done on a first come first served basis. Thank you!
- Private Party Facilities: Let us take care of your business dinner or social event needs in our state of the art private dinning room.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Vonnegut 6612881002
- Entertainment: We offer live piano entertainment nightly with wine and drink specials.
A word from Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia
Larsen's Steakhouse is an upscale steakhouse offering only the finest prime steaks and freshest seafood available, flown in daily. We offer over 200 wines and 30 by the glass. With impeccable service and great ambiance, our restaurant delivers a classic steakhouse feel with a modern twist. A warm dining room, and a large lounge offer a great escape from the busy city. Dark Wood ceilings and stone walls bring the restaurant alive. Come relax and enjoy the finest Valencia has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia - Best Restaurants in Valencia ›
Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (39)notable wine list (28)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (10)hot spot (6)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Valencia has a steakhouse!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great service, outstanding food! I had gotten away from the high end steakhouses sometime ago as I felt they didn't meet my expectations for the cost.. My wife and I needed a good night out and decided to try a new place. Larsens not only met but exceeded my expectations! Excellent service, outstanding food ! The GM and Somm, Richard, was extremely nice, knowledgeable and helpful. Molly, our server, was outstanding as well. We can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larsen's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Overall, the food and the service was great the main dinning room is to noising for fine dining. I like to eat my meals in quiet conversation. Not hearing everyone else because of the noise I only visit you fine dinning one a quarter. If the noise level was better I would come more often. Why private curtains round the booth or tables like in other fine dining establishments.Special Features:
- Service was great, food was notBirthdaypartyof2Dined on 9/12/2014Our waiter was fabulous. He was extremely attentive, made us laugh and just made our entire dining experience enjoyable. The food however was another story. The steaks tasted like they had no seasoning on them. Even the peppercorn sauce didn't help. My husband and I are seasoned steakhouse diners and have had some of the best in the world. This was no match compared to Cut, Steak or Delminicos just to name a few. If we ever decide to come back I it wouldn't be because of the food.Special Features:
- Food outstanding, service over doneJetguyDined on 9/6/2014Starters, mains and sides were absolutely fantastic. The dry-aged filet, the crab cake and the mac & cheese were standouts. Excellent wine service & knowledge. The illuminated wine list was gimmicky but very cool. On the downside, service was maybe a bit too 'attentive'. It was a nice touch for the chef to stop at the table, but by the time the fifth person in ten minutes asked "how is everything?", I was ready to tell him to go in the back and tell everyone table X is just fine, thank you, but we'd like to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larsen'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Always a great meal. Prime rib was outstanding and the jalepeno, bacon, macoroni and cheese was a surprise! But keep you wallet full, the bill will give you sticker shock!Special Features:
- Wonderful way to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Brought the wife here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Had never heard of this steakhouse before and had a fantastic time. Everyone that serviced our table was very friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. We went for the bacon wrapped prawns to start and we had the 20oz prime rib and double lobster dish. Sides included the macaroni with jalepenos and bacon and the ratatoullie. They provided a free chocolate bundt cake for our celebration and we ordered the bread pudding. They fry the edges of the bread and season with cinnamon (awesome). They recommended a great port to complement the desserts too. Finished the night with a 26yr old Glenlivet. Spoke at length with the Chef and apparently they are aggressively opening 2-3 more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth price ??OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014filet mignon: no flavor mac and cheese order came out WRONG VERY above ave food for very expensive pricing
- Great for Date night.zer0Dined on 8/28/2014Everything was great except the Steaks we ordered filet mignon and bone-in aged steak presentation was great the the taste I would say rating scale 4 out 10 the steaks needed a bit more seasoning other then that they were very tender and what we loved was the lobster mashed potato that was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our 12 year-old son said his meal at Larsen's was the "best he'd ever had." I'd rank it among my top 10. Our family ordered two of the prime aged filets to share among the four of us, and Larsen's cut them prior to cooking to accommodate our individual cooking preferences. Delicious! As were the perfectly seasoned green beans, and the lick-the-bowl bacon and jalapeno mac-n-cheese. Our waiter was helpful, knowledgeable, and accommodating. Overall wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Treat!SCVFoodieDined on 8/18/2014We enjoyed dinner here and found the service was great and the staff were all friendly. The champagne and cocktails were very good and we treated ourselves to the lobster mashed potatoes along with our steaks. The restaurant was busy for a Monday night but we still felt our service was attentive and friendly. Pricey but a real treat for a special night out.Special Features:
- Ok, but not up to LA StandardsCalifNatvDined on 8/17/2014We decided to dine here for my daughter’s birthday, she was back from college. Logistically, SCV was the best choice for a steak house in the area, so we booked at Larsen’s. Service was great, very friendly staff, but the food was lackluster and expensive. Steaks were ok, but not the melt in your mouth experience you would expect from a high end steak house. All in all, I would not repeat, for the same or less you can get a much better steak in any of the better Pasadena or Los Angeles establishments.
- Best steak in townRudiselDined on 8/15/2014This was a great find. Glad they have a steakhouse in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to have tried it; never again!CheapsterDined on 8/3/2014I'd heard that it was the best in Santa Clarita, so we tried it for our wedding anniversary. I had rib eye, my wife had filet. Since we hadn't specified the left or right side of the menu, we got the more expensive left side. Both steaks were flavorful, though mine was somewhat gristly. We each had a glass of wine, bringing our total bill to just under $200 plus tip. Although we pointed out that the printed receipt total came to more than the cost of the individual items shown, they told us that it was a mistake that the $4 charge for mushrooms was not printed. The food pricing is obscene, and it's all a la carte. So start with a $55 steak and then add $12 for mashed potatoes, broccoli, or whatever. We skipped dessert.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsthefleurdeladyDined on 7/26/2014For my 2nd time at Larson's, I was again impressed by the food. It was fabulous. Our waiter, Ian gave us the service I would expect from this caliber of restaurant. The only downfall I heard repeatedly from our party of 5 was how dark it was in the dining room. No one could read the menus without help from the light of the wine menu or a portable flashlight someone brought with them. I do remember that from our last visit as well and would hate to see Larson's lose clientele over that small issue.Special Features:
- As good as advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Overall, the experience was very good. The noise level was a bit much, but not unbearable. The noise is what kept me from rating the establishment romantic. We were seated immediately even though we arrived 20 minutes early. The service staff were extraordinary. The meal arrived in a very timely manner. The ribeye was cooked to perfection (rare). The mac and cheese (with bacon and jalapenos) was amazing. We read several negative reviews before we decided to try Larsen's out, but couldn't find any reason for negativity. A bit pricey, but to be expected for a high-end restaurant. We were very pleased.Special Features:
- If not the best steak, then top 3.AnniversaryGuy67Dined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious, every bite was perfect from the crab cakes and ahi tuna tartare through the bone-in ribeye, the sauteed broccolini, and the AMAZING sweet potatoes with the pecan caramel sauce, down to the terrific creme brule and a chocoholic's choice chocolate bundt cake. The service was awesome (which is really only to be expected). The only thing that wasn't perfect, was that it was kind of dark and when they set the room up for evening the lights noticably flicker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrGCDined on 7/23/2014Food was outstanding! Great wine list at all price points. Service was excellent. Although at the top end of the restaurant price range, for a VERY special occasion, worth the price! Santa Clarita needed this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/20142 out of 3 meals were good. My grass fed filet was terrible - zero flavor. When I told my server that my steak was not any good and unlike the steak I ate the previous time, his only response was that all the steaks should be the same. Exactly my point. The server didn't seem to care that I had wasted $57 for a terrible steak. I will never go back to Larsen's. Unpredictable quality and zero concern for the customer.
- Not up to parRichardVIPDined on 7/11/2014I made a reservation using OpenTable. I was by myself so I asked if I could sit in the bar so I could watch TV. The Hostess obliged but failed to mention I would lose my points if I sat there instead of the dining room. That's a cheap trick. The Blue Cheese salad dressing was so full of pepper it burned my mouth. I guess the chef has to cover up incompetence with Pepper? If I wanted a lot of pepper on my salad that's what the pepper grinder is for. Not on the level of Ruth's Chris, Morton's, or Mastro's. Not up to parSpecial Features:
- Best steakhouse in ValenciaMamawDined on 7/9/2014We are so glad Larsons came to Valencia - we needed this nice couples spot in our city !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/8/2014Thank you Larsen's for making our anniversary a special night, the food and the service was amazing.Special Features:
- RedcarceoVIPDined on 7/6/2014The prices have risen; the quality of the meat does not appear to be prime; they could not cook my steak well done, so I ate after my party. Opinion rings were soggy .Wedge was very salty. It was a very hot day and we were disappointed that there were no blended drinks. The bartender told us it was because management had determined that blenders diluted and detracted from the ambiance. If Flemings, and Morton's, the Chart House and Gulfstream can do so, perhaps you should reconsider.
- A Night to RememberAMichelDined on 7/3/2014My bf loves good food and good service and for his birthday I decided to bring him to Larsens. It was the perfect night. We were seated immediately upon arriving. We had menus and water right away and our waiter was very helpful with his recommendations. We had a few sides that weren't on the menu and the absolute best wine pairing with our food. At the end of the night we were brought over a birthday pastry and a very nice birthday card, compliments of the restaurant. The crab legs and bone in filet were cooked to perfection and the Yao Ming 2009 wine was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Herescjo3Dined on 6/28/2014It is a pleasure to have a fine dining restaurant in our valley. Consistency is the most important, and most difficult to achieve, but after many visits, Larsen's has succeeded, with a pleasant attitude by the staff. Thank you, Flemming.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceJulesDDined on 6/21/2014Food is great but the service is absolutely spot on; non-intrusive, upscale, polite and precisely timed between meals.Special Features:
- Larsen's ValenciaSteakloverDined on 6/21/2014The food was delicious and prepared exactly as ordered. Very noisy though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealOzziedinnerDined on 6/21/2014All of our meals were extra delicious with the exception of the Rack of Lamb. Way too much fat to delicious meat ratio. Our waiter was superb, salads were tasty. Expensive but worth it for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday DinnerMazyDined on 6/21/2014Saturday, June 21, 2014, my boyfriend and I had an early dinner at Larsen's steak house. It was our first time there. Larsen's open's at 5:00 pm and our reservations was made for 5:00 pm. We arrived 15 minutes early. Because we were early, they had us sit in the bar area until they were ready for guest. We waited and noticed at 5:00 pm they were seating guest so we went back and asked to be seated. I asked for a booth and the lady who was seating us said she was planning on seating us at a booth. Our waiter was Troy and he was very attentive. The Food was delicious and very rich. Over all we had a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent cuisineImakereservationsDined on 6/20/2014Everything we ordered was delicious and top quality. The service is excellent and the noise level santa bad either. The only complaint I had was how dark the restaurant is. They used to have menus that lit up but don't any longer. The waiter had to lend us a flashlight to read the menus! It's like eating in a cave--albeit a comfortable one. If the adjust the lighting it would've been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cliffDined on 6/15/2014We have not ben to Larsons for awhile so we were not sure what to expect. The food was great and the service was good .Special Features:
- DisappointedRandyDined on 6/14/2014Went to Larsen's for Father's Day and decided to try one of their specials, the three piece (wet, dry, and kobe) steak offering. The wet piece had grissel running through the middle leaving 50% of it uneatable. The kobe piece appeared to like a quarter inch thick. The wet piece was pretty good. I've been to Morton's, I've been to Lawry's and The Cut. I know what good steak is...and this wasn't it.
- So much potential but falls shortSherieVIPDined on 6/11/2014Larsen's is an upscale restaurant in Valencia where for the price, you'd expect flawless service and excellent food. They have a great happy hour and the low key lite bar with pianist does fill up with an older crowd. The dining room has a real old school feel. Our server was excellent but the restaurant was empty so you would expect it. The seafood platter was disappointing...the shucked oysters were rinsed to the point where the natural liquor (flavor) of the oysters were gone. There was rosemary as a garnish on the platter which was silly and so pungent that it overpowered the smell of the seafood. No lemon/cocktail forks were served so we had to ask our server. The steak was absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceRnBinSCVDined on 6/11/20141st visit to Larsen's Steakhouse in Valencia. Outstanding selection of Scotch Whiskys, spirits, wines and beers. Our dining experience was fabulous. George, the assistant GM/Sommelier, made a recommendation of a fabulous Pinot Noir that was not only the perfect match for both my Ribeye and my wife's fish but also one of the lowest priced bottles on the menu. Nice to be recommended a true match not a way to up the bill. Everyone was professional, warm, friendly and attentive. While Larsen's is on the pricier side for Valencia, it is not out of line with any of the better restaurants around L.A. and compares favorably to all of them. Pianist was exceptional. played Jazziest interpretation of Happy Birthday that we've ever heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough Steak!chuckuDined on 6/7/2014We took another couple to celebrate their marriage. The waitress was good. It was too noisy to have any conversation. The side dishes are large but nothing great. The steaks had little "well aged flavor" and they were TOUGH! How does a steak house have tough meat? Sad, we won't be back or recommend it to others. It cost the four of us almost $300.00 for what you get at Denny's.
- Poor Food QualityJOEROB35Dined on 6/5/2014I ordered Porterhouse Med Rare and was prepared well past medium. I returned it and the steak that they brought out was Supermarket quality at best. Very disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014A wonderful fine dining experience. The best Filet I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scjo3Dined on 6/4/2014Dinner was wonderful and our service was impeccable. Noise level was very high. There were several parties making it a bit loud, but otherwise, it was a delightful evening.Special Features:
- Mr. S.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Our second experience at Larsens. One of the more upscale dining experiences in the area. Perfect choice when it comes to ambiance, service, and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pricey for A LaCartedatenightluvrDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I found it romantic, nice ambiance. The service was great. The food was good. We greatly dislike to the ala carte type menu and found it to be overpriced for what it was. We don't oppose the price for a steak or salmon if it was a dinner with the vegetables included. we opted out for dessert. We had two entrees, shared side of vegetable and a salad with two glasses of wine we were looking at $135. We enjoyed frozen yogurt across the street instead.Special Features:
- The following 273 reviews are from the Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia reviews archive.
- Not the best steakhouse in townSteaklover51Dined on 5/18/2014Larsen's is overrated and overpriced. The steaks cannot compare to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We found the steaks to be a little tough. The bacon-wrapped shrimp appetizer was a disappointment. The shrimp was dry and the bacon burnt. The lobster mashed potatoes were not to die for rather just OK.