Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia
24320 Town Center Dr.#130
Valencia, CA 91355Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.larsenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (661) 288-1002
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let Larsen’s Grill cater your event. We feature a wide variety of catering packages. Larsen’s Catering offers a variety of service options in an effort to accommodate your needs. Let us know how we can help make your event unique. Please contact us at 661.288.1002 to discuss pricing for the options listed below. We recommend at least 48 hours notice for a delivery and one-week notice for all catering orders. During busy seasons, we book up quickly. All orders are done on a first come first served basis. Thank you!
- Private Party Facilities: Let us take care of your business dinner or social event needs in our state of the art private dinning room.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Vonnegut 6612881002
- Entertainment: We offer live piano entertainment nightly with wine and drink specials.
A word from Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia
Larsen's Steakhouse is an upscale steakhouse offering only the finest prime steaks and freshest seafood available, flown in daily. We offer over 200 wines and 30 by the glass. With impeccable service and great ambiance, our restaurant delivers a classic steakhouse feel with a modern twist. A warm dining room, and a large lounge offer a great escape from the busy city. Dark Wood ceilings and stone walls bring the restaurant alive. Come relax and enjoy the finest Valencia has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia - Best Restaurants in Valencia ›
Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (39)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (19)vibrant bar scene (13)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (11)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good food BIG PRICE TAGWeezyCDined on 11/16/2014The food is good just way way too expensive !! I had crab legs they were split in half which meant I got 4 legs for $64 , If you don't care about money then you would like this placeSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday DinnershaneDined on 11/14/2014I celebrated my birthday at Larsen's and it was wonderful. They gave me a card that everyone signed. My waiter Mark is fun he had us laughing the whole night. The atmosphere was relaxing no one tried to rush us to eat our meals, and the manager even came to see how we were enjoying our food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- larsen's steak houseterryDined on 11/12/2014service was excellent from the valet to the hostess to the server. service was prompt but never rushed. explanation of specials and menu items were spot on. steak was prepared perfectly and very flavorful. side dishes were excellent. very good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Food was really good except the Salmon was really drive. Seemed a little over the top on pricing. Our server was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's Birthday DinnerTheButlersDined on 11/8/2014Larsen's is amazing, the food, the service and the ambiance. My wife had the dry aged boneless ribeye and she loved it. I had the Filet Mignon melted in my mouth. Well worth the trip up from San DiegoSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinner for my wifeOkgotitDined on 11/8/2014Everything was perfect starting with making the reservation at opentable, then at Larsen's the hostess greeted us and sat us without any wait time. The ambience was nice, the server brought a card signed by all of the staff, The filet mignon was perfect, the wine (malbec) was very good. The complimentary chocolate bundt cake for dessert for her birthday was amazing. I will definitely recommend Larsen's to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Larsen's steakhouse is a great place to come have a nice dinner. It's a bit pricey but definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking Quality Cooked SteaksMamaFanDined on 11/1/2014I expected Morton's or Ruth Chris quality steaks and I was very disappointed. I ordered a bone-in filet (medium) and the steak came out detached from the bone, looking like it was beat with a meat cleaver, and was burnt on the outside. It was seasoned unevenly with 1/4 - 1/2 pieces of peppercorn and delivered with béarnaise sauce that I did not even request. There was a certain quality of service lacking here that you get at other steakhouses such as Morton's, Ruth Chris, Mastro's, or others. I would rate it higher for food if I were comparing it to Applebee's, TGI Fridays, Chili's, etc ... but for the price however, I truly expected much better quality and consistency.Special Features:
- Client DinnerJim73VIPDined on 10/27/2014I brought the president of our company and a client here for dinner. Two of us had steak and it was excellent. Tge third had fish and he said it was the worst price of fish he ever had. He will never go back. The service was superb and ambience was fantastic for a high level customer meeting.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Larsens is the place to go for a special occasion. It was my wife's birthday and the server brought a card signed by all of the staff. The food was great and the service was excellent. The complimentary chocolate bundt cake for dessert for her birthday was to die for.Special Features:
- Service is #1FrioutDined on 10/19/2014We dined there on a Sunday night; celebrating a friend's 50th B-day. It was not very busy, and we got all the appropriate attentions. Eric, the Mgr, was excellent and his team was right behind him. Eric did everything to make sure that we left that night with a very, very good experience. My husband and I ordered the 28 oz rib eye, and Larsen's was more than happy to split that for us at no add'l cost. I have to say though that I was expectnig the 28 oz rib eye to be thicker cut, but it tasted wonderful regardless. My friend ordered the 8 oz filet which just fell apart in your mouth. The wine list was extensive but compared to Fleming's and Ruth's Chris, it was higher in price. Next time we will bring our own wine & pay the $25 c/f.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday success!BrentDined on 10/18/2014I reserved a table for six and Larsen's took great care of us. I haven't had that much fun at dinner in a very long time. The food was everything I expected.Special Features:
- Larsens ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is well laid out. The service is excellent and the food is extremely well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsslindnerDined on 10/10/2014Everyone that we had contact with was very attentive and helpful. The food was great except for the bread as I loved it but some guests thought it was too doughy. I felt that is common with hot bread, if they had waited until it to cool a little the texture was very good. I knew the prices prior to going there but I still went. It is tough for us seniors on a limited income, but it was a great birthday surprise for our guests. It will probably take us another 6 months to save $ to go there again, but it does give us something to look forward to.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I had a date night for the first time since Valentine's day. We had a 20 oz NY strip and the Seared Ahi with garlic mashed potatoes and mushrooms. My steak was a little less than medium rare but due to the lack of light it was impossible to tell. I made mention that the center was not warm and that I wasn't sure. The waitress took back my steak and had them throw it on a for another minute or two. I then felt the center and it was warm but now some was medium and other parts were around medium rare. The seared ahi was something that I have gotten at the airport before on a salad. Nothing special. The highlight of the evening was the service. Our waitress gave us a complementary lava cake which was delicious.
- High End Santa ClaritaWineCopVIPDined on 10/4/2014Likely the most expensive dining in Santa Clarita, but arguably the best. Extensive choice of large cuts of dry and wet aged meats. We had the Chateaubriand for two, split one huge baked potato and a large side of creamed spinach. I began with the best lobster bisque anywhere, with large chunks of lobster, and my wife had the arugula salad. The wine list, presented in a backlit tablet, is quite extensive. We ordered a 2009 Round Pond Cabernet (after consultation with the manager/sommelier), which was a perfect match to the melt-in-your-mouth cut of beef. We finished off with a very large slice of chocolate-peanut butter cake. The portions are so large, that we took home what became another full meal for myself on the following day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed :(RCsReviewsDined on 9/29/2014Husband and I went here for anniversary dinner. Server: Gary = AMAZING! He was the only reason we would ever go back. Food: such a disappointment. The french onion soup was good, very cheesy. The bread was AMAZING. When it came to the actual meal, however, we were left so disappointed. Sauteed mushrooms were over-sauteed, almost canned mushroom-like, our steaks were tasteless. I had the dry aged filet, husband had the bone in ribeye.. I couldn't even finish my steak. Gary brought us an anniversary cheesecake and it was delicious. Overall, the only thing lacking (which happens to be the most important) were the entrees.Special Features:
- unhappy this timewendiDined on 9/28/2014been going to Larsens for many years now. Was happy to have one closer. Last few times I've went to the Valencia location I have been more than disappointed in several things. Service, Food…Not sure I will return.Special Features:
- Best Steak of My LifeNicoleDined on 9/28/2014The staff all personally signed a birthday card for my father, which was a nice & unique touch. The lighting was beautifully dimmed, so they also offered lighted menus. Service was excellent, drinks were top notch, food was spectacular. Best steak of my life: even cooked med-well it just melted in my mouth & the flavor was exquisite considering it was only lightly seasoned. We had a party of 10, which they accommodated well but I can tell they wouldn't be able to hold several large parties at once. My 2yo went without a highchair as they do not have any (too upscale). Dining is very pricey but well worth the splurge; keep in mind the salads & sides are large enough to share. Overall it was friendly, delicious & classy without being snooty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Excellent food, our favorite spot for a special event! Very expensive, however you get what you pay for….like I said, we only go for Special Events :)Special Features:
- One of the Best in Santa ClaritahungryprofDined on 9/19/2014This was one of the best meals I've had in Santa Clarita. The filet was outstanding! The bread pudding was my second favorite part of the meal, and the service was second to none. I can't say enough good about this restaurant. They even called me the next day to see how my experience had been. I will go back again.Special Features:
- Corporate DinnerFoodieGuyDined on 9/16/2014I took out of town colleagues to dinner at Larsen's. Everyone enjoyed the food, wine and ambiance. It's a great place for dinner. The place was not to loud yet vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014It was our 42nd anniversary so we wanted to do something special. Our experience at Larsen's was perfect. Our dinners were so, so delicious. The wine list and dessert lists are a kick (they light up!) and our server was outstanding. He even had a special dessert made for us when what we wanted wasn't on the menu! Of course it was very expensive but, for this special occasion, it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valencia has a steakhouse!sandmanrcaDined on 9/13/2014Great service, outstanding food! I had gotten away from the high end steakhouses sometime ago as I felt they didn't meet my expectations for the cost.. My wife and I needed a good night out and decided to try a new place. Larsens not only met but exceeded my expectations! Excellent service, outstanding food ! The GM and Somm, Richard, was extremely nice, knowledgeable and helpful. Molly, our server, was outstanding as well. We can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larsen's reviewebenezerDined on 9/13/2014Overall, the food and the service was great the main dinning room is to noising for fine dining. I like to eat my meals in quiet conversation. Not hearing everyone else because of the noise I only visit you fine dinning one a quarter. If the noise level was better I would come more often. Why private curtains round the booth or tables like in other fine dining establishments.Special Features:
- Service was great, food was notBirthdaypartyof2Dined on 9/12/2014Our waiter was fabulous. He was extremely attentive, made us laugh and just made our entire dining experience enjoyable. The food however was another story. The steaks tasted like they had no seasoning on them. Even the peppercorn sauce didn't help. My husband and I are seasoned steakhouse diners and have had some of the best in the world. This was no match compared to Cut, Steak or Delminicos just to name a few. If we ever decide to come back I it wouldn't be because of the food.Special Features:
- Food outstanding, service over doneJetguyDined on 9/6/2014Starters, mains and sides were absolutely fantastic. The dry-aged filet, the crab cake and the mac & cheese were standouts. Excellent wine service & knowledge. The illuminated wine list was gimmicky but very cool. On the downside, service was maybe a bit too 'attentive'. It was a nice touch for the chef to stop at the table, but by the time the fifth person in ten minutes asked "how is everything?", I was ready to tell him to go in the back and tell everyone table X is just fine, thank you, but we'd like to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larsen'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Always a great meal. Prime rib was outstanding and the jalepeno, bacon, macoroni and cheese was a surprise! But keep you wallet full, the bill will give you sticker shock!Special Features:
- Wonderful way to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Brought the wife here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Had never heard of this steakhouse before and had a fantastic time. Everyone that serviced our table was very friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. We went for the bacon wrapped prawns to start and we had the 20oz prime rib and double lobster dish. Sides included the macaroni with jalepenos and bacon and the ratatoullie. They provided a free chocolate bundt cake for our celebration and we ordered the bread pudding. They fry the edges of the bread and season with cinnamon (awesome). They recommended a great port to complement the desserts too. Finished the night with a 26yr old Glenlivet. Spoke at length with the Chef and apparently they are aggressively opening 2-3 more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth price ??OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014filet mignon: no flavor mac and cheese order came out WRONG VERY above ave food for very expensive pricing
- Great for Date night.zer0Dined on 8/28/2014Everything was great except the Steaks we ordered filet mignon and bone-in aged steak presentation was great the the taste I would say rating scale 4 out 10 the steaks needed a bit more seasoning other then that they were very tender and what we loved was the lobster mashed potato that was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Our 12 year-old son said his meal at Larsen's was the "best he'd ever had." I'd rank it among my top 10. Our family ordered two of the prime aged filets to share among the four of us, and Larsen's cut them prior to cooking to accommodate our individual cooking preferences. Delicious! As were the perfectly seasoned green beans, and the lick-the-bowl bacon and jalapeno mac-n-cheese. Our waiter was helpful, knowledgeable, and accommodating. Overall wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Treat!SCVFoodieDined on 8/18/2014We enjoyed dinner here and found the service was great and the staff were all friendly. The champagne and cocktails were very good and we treated ourselves to the lobster mashed potatoes along with our steaks. The restaurant was busy for a Monday night but we still felt our service was attentive and friendly. Pricey but a real treat for a special night out.Special Features:
- Ok, but not up to LA StandardsCalifNatvDined on 8/17/2014We decided to dine here for my daughter’s birthday, she was back from college. Logistically, SCV was the best choice for a steak house in the area, so we booked at Larsen’s. Service was great, very friendly staff, but the food was lackluster and expensive. Steaks were ok, but not the melt in your mouth experience you would expect from a high end steak house. All in all, I would not repeat, for the same or less you can get a much better steak in any of the better Pasadena or Los Angeles establishments.
- Best steak in townRudiselVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was a great find. Glad they have a steakhouse in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to have tried it; never again!CheapsterDined on 8/3/2014I'd heard that it was the best in Santa Clarita, so we tried it for our wedding anniversary. I had rib eye, my wife had filet. Since we hadn't specified the left or right side of the menu, we got the more expensive left side. Both steaks were flavorful, though mine was somewhat gristly. We each had a glass of wine, bringing our total bill to just under $200 plus tip. Although we pointed out that the printed receipt total came to more than the cost of the individual items shown, they told us that it was a mistake that the $4 charge for mushrooms was not printed. The food pricing is obscene, and it's all a la carte. So start with a $55 steak and then add $12 for mashed potatoes, broccoli, or whatever. We skipped dessert.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsthefleurdeladyDined on 7/26/2014For my 2nd time at Larson's, I was again impressed by the food. It was fabulous. Our waiter, Ian gave us the service I would expect from this caliber of restaurant. The only downfall I heard repeatedly from our party of 5 was how dark it was in the dining room. No one could read the menus without help from the light of the wine menu or a portable flashlight someone brought with them. I do remember that from our last visit as well and would hate to see Larson's lose clientele over that small issue.Special Features:
- As good as advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Overall, the experience was very good. The noise level was a bit much, but not unbearable. The noise is what kept me from rating the establishment romantic. We were seated immediately even though we arrived 20 minutes early. The service staff were extraordinary. The meal arrived in a very timely manner. The ribeye was cooked to perfection (rare). The mac and cheese (with bacon and jalapenos) was amazing. We read several negative reviews before we decided to try Larsen's out, but couldn't find any reason for negativity. A bit pricey, but to be expected for a high-end restaurant. We were very pleased.Special Features:
- If not the best steak, then top 3.AnniversaryGuy67Dined on 7/25/2014The food was delicious, every bite was perfect from the crab cakes and ahi tuna tartare through the bone-in ribeye, the sauteed broccolini, and the AMAZING sweet potatoes with the pecan caramel sauce, down to the terrific creme brule and a chocoholic's choice chocolate bundt cake. The service was awesome (which is really only to be expected). The only thing that wasn't perfect, was that it was kind of dark and when they set the room up for evening the lights noticably flicker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrGCDined on 7/23/2014Food was outstanding! Great wine list at all price points. Service was excellent. Although at the top end of the restaurant price range, for a VERY special occasion, worth the price! Santa Clarita needed this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 295 reviews are from the Larsen's Steakhouse - Valencia reviews archive.