16101 Ventura Blvd., Suite 270
Encino, CA 91436Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://larsenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8183869500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We offer live piano entertainment Thursday through Saturday night with wine and drink specials.
A word from Larsen's Steakhouse
Larsen's Steakhouse is an upscale steakhouse offering only the finest prime steaks and freshest seafood available, flown in daily. We offer over 150 wines and 30 by the glass. With impeccable service and great ambiance, our restaurant delivers a classic steakhouse feel with a modern twist. A warm dining room, and a large lounge offer a great escape from the busy city. Dark Wood ceilings and stone walls bring the restaurant alive. Come relax and enjoy the finest Encino has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Larsen's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)romantic (49)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (24)good for groups (23)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- always solidkimberVIPDined on 10/21/2014Always a solid predictably good restaurant. The Sea Bass was delicious and my guests enjoyed their steaks. Can always trust the quality to bring guests here.Special Features:
- Great service, great foodLadyhawkeDined on 10/17/2014Love it here! Have been here five times and enjoy more each time.Special Features:
- CHARLIEVIPDined on 10/12/2014Excellent food & service. My only complaint is that the corkage fee is high at $25. We were celebrating a birthday which was mentioned on my Open Table reservation, but wasn't acknowledged by the staff.Special Features:
- A Special AnniversaryDanteDined on 10/11/2014The staff was most courteous as we arrived for our 15th anniversary dinner. There was even a signed card on the table. The food was good but the steak was sumptuous. If your going to a steakhouse, get a steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerLeneVIPDined on 10/1/2014Steak cooked perfectly, spinach not too salty (often happens) and onion rings crisp and not too oily. Wait people were all very attentive and helpful. Loved the live piano. We had a beautiful evening.Special Features:
- Good Service - Poor FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Only steakhouse on Ventura Blvd. in Encino makes it convenient, service is very good, waiter was attentive but the food was poor and ex-termly over priced. Chateau Briana was over cooked and portion was small, rib eye was OK not great, mac and cheese is more like cheese soup and noodles. Peanut butter and chocolate cake was marginal. So three glasses of wine, one Chateau Briana, one Rib-eye, One chicken dish, sides asparagus , broccoli, baked potato, mac and cheese, chopped salad, one chocolate and peanut butter cake...$480 (includes tip)
- rib eyerandyDined on 9/27/2014Great steak. Had mac and cheese, asparagus, green beans as side dishes. House cabernet was a very good pairing. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAThugrydudeDined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent. I like the New York Steak. The Chinese salad was also good.Special Features:
- Now that's a steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/25/2014Fantastic Service and Superb Food! Always great! Love the lighted menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKLJLDined on 9/23/2014We went for our anniversary this year. The entire staff signed an anniversary card that was left on the table. It is these personal touches that bring us back again and again. The food was delicious as usual, the mood relaxed and elegant, you never feel rushed. I love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great DinnerAramkoDined on 9/20/2014Once in a while when one thing goes wrong, everything else goes wrong. Our experience Saturday at Larsen's was the complete opposite. From the moment we walked in, we had one positive experience after another. The staff was great and everything we ordered was amazing! Thank you.Special Features:
- ControlBuzzzVIPDined on 9/19/20141`. Need to control pricing please. 2. Need sweet potato fries.....been begging for those for years as have my guests. leeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Went here on a date and was originally seated next to a table of businessmen who progressively got louder. The waitress moved us without us even complaining. The food was very well prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentexcellentDined on 9/11/2014great to have quality dining nearby; arguably the best restaruant in the San Fernando ValleySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps Getting BetterBuzzzVIPDined on 9/9/2014Keeps getting better. menus are new and lit again. food continued excellence. prices are getting notably higher.....may cause less occpancy.Special Features:
- Great place to meet and talkChicagoAlDined on 9/9/2014We had a terrific lunch...service was wonderful...I have been to Larsen's many times for dinner ...We all enjoyed salads and appreciated the service and attention...it certainly is a place you want to return to many times...Special Features:
- So disappointedeatoutoftenDined on 8/20/2014I've eaten here before and enjoyed. Not this time. 4 of us dined - 2 ordered steaks and 2 fish. The "seared" ahi tuna was very overcooked. The steaks were heavily salted. We did not complain at the time, but one person did call the next day to say how unhappy he was with his meal. Add to this, the VERY high price of the food and we just won't go back. I personally was offended by the fact that they had 2 sets of high prices for the steaks. I asked the waiter the difference and he said that the higher priced meat was more flavorful and tender. The lower price was $39 for 12 ounces or less, depending on the cut. At that price, it ought to be pretty darn tender and flavorful. Hard to tell how good the meat was due to all the salt.
- Always a PleasureSparrowDined on 8/19/2014Our experience was outstanding as usual. We had friends in from out of town and they requested we go back to Larsen's. Every time we eat theire it is a pleasure. From appetizer, to the salad, to the entree, to dessert, all was outstanding. The baked ostyers were delicious, the house salad was wonderful. Our entrees of steak Oscar and chateau briand were perfectly cook and delicious. To top it off we shared a wonderful apple crumble with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Ou entire meal was outstanding.Special Features:
- Date NightJoshDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant was perfect for a date night. Once you walk in, it has a dark atmosphere. The service was amazing, and very professional. The food was outstanding and well worth the price. Would go again for sure.Special Features:
- Lovely EveninglovelagunaDined on 8/9/2014As always, we enjoy Larsen's Encino and are so glad it is so close by. It is elegant yet not too pretentious and all the staff from the time you arrive till leave make the evening great. Great managmentSpecial Features:
- Loved the lambfloocDined on 8/9/2014The rack of lamb was by far the best I have had. I usually cook chicken and fish at home so when I dine out it's usually lamb, steak and shellfish in that order. Most places overcook lamb or over-spice it. Larsen's lamb was exquisite. The cream of spinach was awesome as well. Most places put so much cream the spinach gets lost in the pool of it. I confess of having sticker-shock when checking the sides but the portions are enough for 4 people at the most, and well worth it. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place for a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/4/2014If you are like me and want to go to a top quality steakhouse on your birthday, Larsen's can't be beat. The food and service were excellent. I enjoyed everything about the evening. The Ribeye was marbled and delicious and my wife and her sister's food looked good too. Order the mushrooms. They are amazing.Special Features:
- DanielDanielVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food and a great patio if its a warm night. Cannot go wrong with this placeSpecial Features:
- foodlover2Dined on 7/25/2014Best prime steaks anywhere. Excellent wine choices. Great to dine with a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedJJFamDined on 7/19/2014High ratings for ambience and service. My first time eating at Larsen's. I ordered Filet Mignon medium rare, but it came medium. I asked for a new steak cooked medium rare & it came back overcooked again. I watched my friends eat their meal & ate my baked potato. Although the food was disappointing, the management was OUTSTANDING. they apologized profusely & took the stakes off our check & presented us with an array of desserts. Who knows, maybe I'll give them another chance. Very pricey. Check online.Special Features:
- Humiliating !!!!!!Michael4535Dined on 7/19/2014We have loved Larsen's for a very long time. But I'm afraid they lost us last night. After a wonderful meal, a "Manager" came to our table with the Larsen's gift card ($50) that we provided along with our credit card. He told us that the card didn't work and was no good. He grilled us about when we had got it & had we already used it. Our Daughter gave it to us for our birthdays and when a card is used, it is NOT given back !! He was obnoxious and rude and demeaning. We were SO embarrassed and humiliated - for all of the restaurant to see. I'm so angry that I'll stop now.
- horrible food and servicelex22Dined on 7/19/2014Could not get one thing right. From the drinks to starter, to entree everything was horrible. Even the chocolate dipped strawberries we old, soft and leaking. I will never go here again. To pay that much for a steak house that has no quality control is very disappointing. The staff just stands there when you try to get there attention. Over all it was a horrible experience that I had to laugh at in order not to get mad and ruin my nightSpecial Features:
- Excellent Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/16/2014Great experience hosting several business lunches. Service is present, but not intrusive. Good excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing.barooboodooDined on 7/14/2014I am not particularly wealthy so when I do pay a significant amount for something, I really want to get my money's worth. That was definitely the case at Larsen's. This was probably the most expensive dinner I've ever enjoyed ($130 for two people) but it was easily the best food I've ever had. The server helped me immensely as I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to steak. My girlfriend got the stuffed chicken and I got the 16 oz dry aged strip steak, both were ridiculously delicious. I'd also like to clarify that I don't think the restaurant is overpriced, if anything it's underpriced. I am simply not making enough to come here particularly often.Special Features:
- ExplorerVIPDined on 7/11/2014Best halibut ever. Steaks better than most high end steakhouses in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAJESTICS STEAKSwolfemanVIPDined on 6/28/2014There are no steaks in this town that are better. I have been to just about all the steakhouses you can go to and I have not found a better one. There are one or two that may come close but dollar for dollar I would rather eat at Larsen's. This is not my first visit and again I was not disappointed. Everything was perfect. They prepare the food just the way you want it and the service was great.Special Features:
- Whoa!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I had never been to a steakhouse. I loved it! It was pricier than I expected, but it was worth it. My husband and I were not celebrating anything but decided we needed a night out. Our waitress was amazing and she was very thoughtful and attentive.Special Features:
- good steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014there were three of us and we all ordered different steaks. surprisingly, all turned out great. my only complaint is that the Manhattan was without a cherry. when i called this to their attention for the next round, i had two cherries.Special Features:
- The following 835 reviews are from the Larsen's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- try itbeck2448Dined on 6/10/2014A good steakhouse with friendly service. Food was very good. Booth was comfortable and exactly what I requested. Reasonable price for this quality. Ambience is classic but still fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointmentFamilyDined on 6/6/2014We don't go out much when we do we go to the best. Well not in this case my med rare was med well. Not much flavor you should not have to put steak sause on a 55 dollar steak the sea food tower was way over priced for the few pieces you get. The Mac and cheese was the best ever I have to say. I ordered a beer that was slightly warm.Special Features:
- shapDined on 6/4/2014We met with long time friends and enjoyed our experience at this restaurant. Everyone from the hostess to the server was pleasant, helpful and friend. Even the manager came by to deliver our dessert! Lovely restaurant and delicious food....we go again!Special Features:
- MikeTheEaterDined on 5/31/2014Great food and great service. The waiter was unparalled with his service. The artichoke/crab dip was excellent!!!!!! The recommended blueberry cosmo was delightful.Special Features:
- Still Great but Kitchen Very SlowBuzzzVIPDined on 5/27/2014Food was excellent and we ate in the bar area this time. Only issue was that it took an exceptional amount of time to get our main order.....so much so that we thought they forgot to put it in and told them if not ready then please cancel as we filled up on appetizers and salad. The order came shortly after that and we boxed it up and took it home. First time this has happened and hope it is not a vision of what is to come.Special Features:
- Home RunRocketDined on 5/24/2014We always have a great meal here and the service is awesome. Get the bacon wrapped shrimp app -- to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner for a friend.JillDined on 5/22/2014Our waiter Russel was especially engaging and knew as much about the wine as he did about the food. Beautiful piece of peanut butter cake with a candle on top. Mission accomplished! Thanks, Larsen's.Special Features: