1555 Simi Town Center Dr. #565
Simi Valley, CA 93065Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larsenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 8055224800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Dinner: Sat-Sun - 3-10p,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef David
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater parities from 1-10,000 plus
- Special Events: Need a private dining? Larsens Grill has two.
A word from Larsen's Grill
Larsen’s Grill is an upscale restaurant offering the finest prime steaks and freshest seafood available. With impeccable service, an extensive menu and great ambiance, our restaurant delivers a classic steakhouse feel with a modern twist. An inviting dining room and large lounge offer a great place to dine and socialize. Dark wood ceilings and stone walls give the room an elegant yet warm feel. Come relax and enjoy the finest Simi Valley has to offerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Larsen's Grill - Best Restaurants in Simi Valley ›
Larsen's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (22)romantic (22)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (16)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (9)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- BobcatVIPDined on 9/19/2014Elise was a great waitress. Great Service. Food was average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Still thinking about that pork chop. May be the best I have ever had. Perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cheryldisappointedDined on 9/12/2014Very friendly but our server was not the best. had to ask to have dirty plates removed and to order another glass of wine. not very attentive. Ribs were good but the thai tri tip steak salad lacked flavor and the mushroom and tri tip soup lacked mushrooms. very few mushrooms for a mushroom soup. This was disappointing as we had out of town guests with us.
- Dinner with work AssociatesCelticChef4FoodDined on 9/9/2014Went to Larsen's to enjoy a dinner with Management and direct reports. Guest attendant was great and very attentive from the get go. The Wine list was good and the sushi appetizer was phenomenal. I had the Halibut and chips and it was quite good. But would have liked to have some type of aged vinegar to enjoy full pallet.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Always dependable. Always friendly. Great neighborhood spot!Special Features:
- Great service and pretty good foodOpenMouthVIPDined on 9/6/2014Caesar salads were fairly ordinary. Her 8 oz filet was prepared to order while my 12 oz New York dry aged (44$) came out very tough. The wait-staff returned it to the kitchen and I eventually got another that was much better. All agreed that the first steak was unusually tough. Her broccoli and my asparagus sides were pretty ordinary. I'm not seeing the place quite up to other more renowned steak houses in the area. I think the prices are too high for above average quality food and service. Again, all encounters with staff were excellent, from hostess to water service to waitress and even the manager. So that part is going well. Ambience is good, not first rate, but good. Also they called us next day for our feedback!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many ReturnsHappyCamper2Dined on 9/1/2014We have been to Larsen's many times. We have always had the same good food and good service. The wait staff is friendly and efficient. We never have to wait to be seated and are set up with drinks and bread almost as soon as we are seated. We have recommended them to numerous friends and family and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steakNewYorkStklvrDined on 8/31/2014Ordered the filet and New York and both wre cooked perfectly and each were fantastic. Haven't been to Larson's in a few years and will absolutely return soon. Only issue was noise level in dining area because there are no partitions between tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Graduation Celebration!constantfoodieDined on 8/28/2014We went to Larsen's Grill to celebrate my son's graduation. The staff was very friendly and made a point of finding out who it was that had graduated and all continually congratulated him. This was our third time dining at Larsen's and like the other visits perfection! The food is amazing and the service impeccable! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Larsen's DeliveredHappyNapaFoodieDined on 8/23/2014I had never been to Larsen's before but was given a $100 gift card for it, so I took my boyfriend and another couple for dinner Saturday night. Kelly was our server and she was amazing, really attentive, very knowledgeable and let us enjoy a leisurely evening without rushing us. Everyone really enjoyed their food (we brought our own wine, but their wine list is very impressive!) and shared a chocolate molten lava cake that was just decadent! The creole cream sauce on my fillet was a little too rich for me, but delicious just the same. The wedge salad was outstanding. Would we go back? Absolutely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but priceyTastyBitesDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious, but on the expensive side. Service was good. There was a class reunion in the back part of the restaurant, so there was a lot of foot traffic and noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014We've come here for several of our Anniversaries, and Larsen's Grill always makes us feel special! We just celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary, and the staff was fantastic! Everything from the conversation with our waiter, to the food, dessert, etc... Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Very goodnealVIPDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed both the good food and the good service. I would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience...JohnSmithDined on 8/10/2014Larsen's Grill has always been a good experience for us. Main courses are always done well no matter what special requests we may have, they are greeted with a smile. This place seems to take the extra time to get it just right. The only thing better than the management and staff is the desert menu.Special Features:
- 25th AnniversaryBredPhdVIPDined on 8/8/2014We celebrated our 25 here tonight and had a fabulous time. The wait staff was great, the food was fabulous!!!!!! We will be back! An the nicest thing is that the entire wait staff signed a Happy Anniversary Card for us, we were impressed!Special Features:
- Larsens is always great.MarkSaltzmanDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I dine at Larsen's about once a month. It's consistently elegant, with wonderful service. This time, I tried the new menu item, cedar plank salmon. It was fabulous! Our dining experience was enhanced by Katie's great service.Here's a couple of tips, for Larsen's. If you don't see something on the menu, ask. On my previous visit, I saw that the menu included a choice New York steak. I asked about prime, and it was available, but not on the menu. It costs more, but it's worth it. Also, if you use the gift cards from Costco, note that, if your bill is under $100, and you give $100 in gift cards, the server does not get the excess. It merely goes to the restaurant. Tips must be given separately, without the gift cards.Special Features:
- Great Food and Servicedinner4mimiDined on 7/19/2014Our visit to Larsen's Grill was all we expected it to be after reading the good reviews for the restaurant. We were celebrating our Son-in-Law's birthday. He was pleased to find butternut squash on the menu. We had the most delicious Ahi Tartare as an appetizer and yummy Creme Brûlée for Dessert. The Prime Filet Minion was excellent! Although my husband's was done more than he preferred the waitress was most helpful & courteous and sent it back to the chef. One of the owners came to our table to apologize and make sure the newly prepared Filet was done right. We found a wine from one of our favorite wineries on the wine list also. A very enjoyable evening and will return again for other special dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodmomof4Dined on 7/18/2014Wonderful restaurant husband had pork chops, I had steak both were served with roasted garlic yum, the drinks Jeremes martini was awesome, our waitress was great. Service was on point especially for a busy Friday night. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Service!!SpanishLady13Dined on 7/17/2014My husband and I were driving down from San Francisco to San Diego and rendezvous'd with a friend in Simi Valley. Thanks to "Open Table" I was able to find this restaurant. What a great find!! This restaurant is a real gem, known for the special way it cures its beef on the premises. So, if you like beef, this is worth driving the extra mile. Above and beyond the great food, we we're blown away by the incredible service by both the bartender and waitress who served us. They were so personal and attentive, but not underfoot. Amazing place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyCamper2Dined on 7/13/2014Food and service were great as usual. Another good meal and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014We came for a friends Birthday and were treated great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 41st AnniversaryjetcraigDined on 7/7/2014Hostess, great. Waitress , great. Food was excellent! I highly recommend Larsen's for a great steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was just wonderful !!James9411Dined on 7/3/2014My husband and were looking for a restaurant for date night being new to ventura county. We found that and much more .... Service (Melissa) was outstanding ... Food was amazing .. The atmosphere was low key.. We even recieved a call thanking us and making sure our experience was good!!! Honestly we never thought this place in the mall was the diamond in the rough it turned out to be!!! Thank you for a wonderful evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing DinnerjaasvcaVIPDined on 7/1/2014Good food. All of the Servers, very friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Good food, poor barEarlybirdDined on 6/28/2014We have eaten at Larsens a few times, and have always been quite impressed by the place, on this evening, and relatively early, around 7.00pm, I ordered an Amstel Light, which is on their menu. They came back and told me that they were out, for a restaurant that charges the prices that Larsen's charges, there is no way that they should run out an item in their bar. There is a liquor store next door, go buy some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!suggnekVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great food. Steaks perfect. Service superb as well. Great to see a high end place make it in Simi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak houselindakDined on 6/25/2014My filet was done perfectly. Service and food was excellent in all regards.Special Features:
- Always Good!LetsDoLunchVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food and service are consistently good here. The only issue is that a $13 martini should be bigger, especially when they don't fill the glass due to sugar on the rim!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSkippyDined on 6/17/2014The reservation for 8 using Open Table was great. Service was prompt and the food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- need for changeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Larsens is in a nice setting and is well appointed. For our area, it is considered a high end restaurant. It is certainly at the higher end of the price scale. The food quality was very disappointing. Both my meal and my wife's were sub standard to put it nicely. Simi Need good restaurants. I would like to see Larsen's succeed, but without changes, I doubt it will.
- Don't go on a Holiday....NotSoGoodDined on 6/15/2014The food was very mediocre. I ordered a filet medium and it came to the table rare. I was told I should have ordered it "medium plus" which I have never had to do at any restaurant. The steak was tasteless and the garlic mashed potatoes had no flavor and were so chunky they ceased to be mashed. I have never had such a bad meal at Larsen's, it may have been because it was Father's Day, but I would not go back again on a holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SERVICEN252FAVIPDined on 6/13/2014Great steaks and we were very well taken care of by the staff.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnerAEMedinaDined on 6/13/2014This was a birthday dinner celebration. I have been here before but tonite was perfect as everything seemed to work. The drinks were perfect, the meal, specifically the meat was cooked to perfection and exactly how we expected it. Desert topped off the meal and was delicious. The whole place seemed alive, in part probably because it was the LA Kings Stanley cup playoff but the dining area was full of families and people in addition to the crowd at the bar. The whole atmosphere was just alive and happy. I've given 4 star and 5 star, this visit definitely rated a 5 star....Special Features:
- Beyond fantasticchrisgDined on 6/5/2014Fabulous food and service! Staff went out of their way to make my son's middle school graduation dinner extra special. Mark said he felt like a king and everything was totally perfect. This was our first time here and I was amazed by the service and friendliness of the staff in making my son feel special. I would recommend Larsen's for any occassion that you want to be special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionLovetoeatoutDined on 5/29/2014Went to Larsen's to celebrate our anniversary with friends. None of us had been there before. Our wonderful experience began the moment we walked through the door. The restaurant is very attractive and has a warm ambience. The staff greeted us warmly and we felt very welcome. We were escorted to a booth as requested. Our server, Reina, greeted us in a very friendly manner. She was very knowledgeable about the wine list as well as the menu and answered all of our questions thoroughly. The food was excellent, as was the wine. The courses were served in a timely manner but not too fast so we never felt rushed, everything was paced perfectly. We all had a wonderful time and agreed that Larsen's is our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Does not live up to priceeats4meDined on 5/25/2014Priced like fine dinning but service and food do not live up to it. They offered bread to start, it never showed up also forgot my baked potato. Food was eatable but far from great. We were told the Prime rib was medium and up, medium rare would have been nice. I will never go back and would never recommend it.
- Best dry aged Ribeye Ever!FYIGMVIPDined on 5/24/2014The dry aged prime Ribeye was the best steak I've ever had! Great ambiance & a very friendly staff. If ever back in Simi I will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nokids2niteTried4MomDayDined on 5/24/2014The restaurant was very nice, nice quiet dinner for two, food was good, service was good. Manager made rounds to check on all tables.Special Features:
- The following 572 reviews are from the Larsen's Grill reviews archive.
- disappointedhappycoupleDined on 5/23/2014we were very disappointed to see that the menu had changed - there were fewer selections of what we would call premium items (soups, side dishes, steaks, fish) - they were replaced by more sandwich-type items. Out server was very courteous and the dinner was served promptly. Portions were acceptable but could have been warmer. Noise level was very loud which made a "quiet dinner for two" difficult at best. In conclusion, the food was good, but not what it was when the restaurant originally openedSpecial Features:
- Unhappy in Simi Valley, HB33HB33VIPDined on 5/22/2014Our appetizers were just the start of a so so meal. Sashimi Filet Mignon was not quality meat (end pieces...scraps really) for $15 and off in taste. Caprese salad had soft tomatoes and again...not Italian and we do prepare it ourselves often so we do know quality. I was told by our server that this was a steak place so I did try this for a lighter dish and was disappointed. Appetizer of sweet potatoes with maple syrup sounded good but was not and was not eaten either. Our server was the best so it did help, but really pricey meals for so so quality. Disappointed as some of the reviews on Opentable seemed favorable and I do see a recent one was unhappy so perhaps you have changed Chefs.