Larkspur Restaurant & Bar
458 Vail Valley Drive
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Larkspur Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkspurvail.com/
- Phone: (970)754-8050 x
- Hours of Operation:
We are a special events based restaurant with public offerings including lunch and apres ski service during the ski season, and dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. We also specialize in weddings, corporate events, and off-site catering concepts. We look forward to serving you in the future!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paula Turner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining Room offers a warm, intimate setting for smaller functions. This is the perfect location for your party to dine without the intrusion of the main dining room. Private yet not isolated, your group is separated from the main dining room by French glass doors and a sheer curtain.
- Private Party Contact: Nathalia Souza - Chinn 9707548048x
- Special Events: A tasteful venue for special events of up to 200 people. Beautifully furnished dining room, striking great room perfect for dancing, large patio at the base of the ski lift, outdoor wedding ceremony site with a spectacular vista of the Gore Range.
A word from Larkspur Restaurant & Bar
Larkspur’s warm, contemporary atmosphere never fails to surprise and delight. New American Cuisine with friendly, knowledgeable service for both public and private events. In the winter, enjoy our sunny patio for Après Ski, specialty cocktails and lighter fare menu in the popular bar. Tremendous setting for special events. Kid-friendly. Valet Parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Larkspur Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
- best in VailwineguyVIPDined on 3/28/2014the food and service are absolutely outstanding. this is not a copycat restaurant very enjoyable and a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food/servicelmt2014Dined on 3/23/2014All of the food we ordered tasted amazing! Even our 8 year old loved it. Service was friendly and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband ordered yellowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014My husband ordered yellow tail tuna. It was too raw for his taste. He was told that was the way the chief recommended. The point is the chief was not eating or buying the tuna. Since when did the customer not count?
- Excellent food with good serviceAcebarkerDined on 3/22/2014My girlfriend and I came to Larkspur on a recommendation from a friend in town and we were not disappointed. The food was of excellent quality, preparation and taste. Our wait staff was very attentive and the experience as a whole was just what we were looking for. Gluten free freindly as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best everythingMichDined on 3/21/2014The food was delicious, the service is very professional yet very friendly. We were a party of 6 with a four month baby and they accommodated our requests and looked for a table where we could put the stroller. Without a doubt one of the best restaurants in Vail!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectationsAftonwanderersVIPDined on 3/21/2014We visit Vail 2-3 times a year, and have for 10 years or more; for some reason, we had not tried Larkspur, so were anticipating the meal. It is an energetic and visually appealing spot. The food and service were less satisfying. Our server had several other large tables (our group was three), so we felt neglected most of the evening. Two of our three entrees arrived cold, and we had little opportunity to mention it to the server, so went ahead and ate the cold entrees. The energy and physical environment were nice, but the food and service convinced us we will not likely return. Kelly LIken and Sweet Basil are much better bets.
- Worth looking forTonyWendyDined on 3/18/2014While Larkspur is a little out of the way, it is clearly worth looking for. It is located right on the bus route, last stop (Golden Peak) and only a few steps from there. It has a large dining room, nice size bar, and an excellent menu with good variety and good quality. Service was outstanding with a team approach, giving you someone ready for you at most all times. We will definitely return on our next Vail visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, inventive menuadsklfjdasDined on 3/17/2014I've lived and worked near Larkspur for years, but have never had anything more than their famous Larkburger. Our dinner two nights ago was fantastic, and we were particularly impressed with the service. Our waiter was one of the most patient waiters I've witnessed in years, which took a lot of effort considering we're one of the least decisive and most picky groups I know of. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden Peak gemMayorSalesDined on 3/14/2014Larkspur offers delectable food and an ample wine list. Our group passed dishes around and all were good -- beef, duck, veal. Highly recommended for a good size group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not many healthy choicesMicheleNYVIPDined on 3/12/2014We've been to Larkspur a few times over the past 10 years and decided to give it another try. I am a vegetarian who likes to eat healthy and my husband eats everything. This is not a restaurant for people who want healthy, plant-bsed choices. My vegetables were over salted or over creamed. My "beet" risotto came with one fried beet on top and was really a bowl of goat cheese with a few pieces of arborio rice inside. My husband ordered veal and he thought it was good but not great. I guess if you love meat and game, you will find something to like here, but if you want some fresh, healthy non-meat choices, look elsewhere.
- Waiter is your problemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Everything was excellent, except the waiter, while efficient, was unfriendly, and cold to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable food and serviceTommyDined on 3/8/2014We were recommended to take a meal at Larkspur and we were so pleased to have done so. The booking was by internet with the restaurant extremely professional host team confirming by phone 48 hours in advance. The tables in the main restaurant have significant space between, an absolute rarity in my experience. The food was presented with style, with good explanation that would make the chef delighted to hear and complemented by wine of excellence and value.Service was excellent, attentive, and spot on with timing. This is one of our favorite places in Vail. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really well doneKB78Dined on 3/8/2014The food at Larkspur is truly excellent, team service is extremely professional and our server was incredibly helpful and also really pleasant. All the staff making sure your water glass is never empty, plates are cleared promptly, and if you need anything more it will be brought. Even though the restaurant seemed to be busy, the service never falters. Overall, the service was first class and we would return without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veal dish and doughnuts wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/7/2014veal dish and doughnuts were the best thing on the menu. shrimp overcooked. tuna dish lacked flavorSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food and atmosphere,MTLfoodieDined on 3/5/2014Wonderful food and atmosphere, we'vr been going for years and would never miss it!Special Features:
- Best dinner in Vail70skierDined on 3/4/2014We ate at a number of establishments with excellent reputations. Larkspur was the best. Too many of the others, while having wonderful presentations seem to have gone to great lengths to offer entrees that are hardly identifiable within the realm of recognizable food categories, e.g. fish, meat, chicken, vegetable, etc. The waiter at Larkspur was very helpful. Their wine list is superb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Vail!SkvailDined on 3/2/2014A true team effort was on display when I dined at larkspur recently. We have been in vail for years and have been to dinner everywhere. There is no comparison to the attentive and genuinely friendly service we experienced last Sunday. Ray was our server and was able to recommend just the dish and drinks for each of us! The cuisine was wonderful! Expertly crafted and perfectly timed! The service staff seemed to effortlessly flow thru the dining room with plates set down simultaneously for the guests and cleared away just the same- a true spectacle! The drinks were unique and the sommelier was always accessible. We came for the food- were awed by the ambiance- left talking about the awesome service- and will come back soon for all three!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 22% service charge added!abntxDined on 2/24/2014The entrance is very dodgy and you wonder if you've come to the right place at first! But once you're inside, it's a really nice place! The food is outstanding, but the service wasn't. Were we just unlucky to have Ray as our waiter? Fact is that he was very very pushy, on the edge of being rude. He almost forced appetizers on us, just added bottles of water that we didn't ask for and was too happy with himself. We were especially surprised by the fact that 22% service charge had been added to our bill, without any comment. Ok, we know that it is very common to add a 18% tip to bills of parties of 8 people, but 22% when we weren't even pleased with the service we got? This left a bit of a bitter taste to our dining experience at Larkspur...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the priceani13Dined on 2/23/2014The food was average in quality. Service was average. There are many other choices in the area which are cheaper and higher in quality.
- The Best Days Are OverOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/22/2014If you've enjoyed this spot in the past, it is not what you remember. The food is mediocre, the vibe is pack-em-in pack-em-out, and it is just way overpriced for the food/service. Too bad - it used to be excellent. Some nice cocktails (when the cocktail bar opens, which oddly is after dinner service starts), and excellent butter. Otherwise, this is easily missed.
- Great PlacejimbDined on 2/20/2014Went there with a party of 4 - everyone really enjoyed there meals as the food was excellent. Would definitely go back again next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vail diningHotdogDined on 2/19/2014Larkspur has been consistently good for as long as they have been around. Really good lunch spot at the bottom of chair 6 with a great view of the mountain. Dinner is a wonderful dining experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Dinner Experience!MollyTDined on 2/17/2014We loved every bite of our meal -- terrific and complex flavor combinations, portion sizes were just right and fresh, delcious ingredients! The service was of equal caliber. All around, a great dining experience for the entire family (parents and 2 teens).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food always great - but service offKristenVIPDined on 2/17/2014We had a delicious dinner of appetizers, entrees and coffee when each course finally arrived. All were slow - and our waiter was marginal in terms of overall ability and attitude. So disappointing - but I know they are up to better standards usually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, spotty serviceLuv2eatVIPDined on 2/16/2014The food at Larkspur really is good. The recurring problem at this restaurant is the service. The waiters/waitresses are harried, and the service is slow. One feels bad about asking for something- like one is inconveniencing the server. That would be okay in a cheap diner, but this is by no reckoning cheap in any way. I have eaten here many times and it is always the same story. If it wasn't so darned convenient, I wouldn't go back. I guess that is the reason they remain so busy! I really only recommend it to others because of it's slope side location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumPattyDined on 2/14/2014Visited Larkspur for Valentines dinner. Everything was wonderful. We were greeted and seated promptly. The food and the service were excellent!! Don't let the noisy, crowded, skier/kids front of the house fool you. The dining room is completely different. The ambience was wonderful. Everything we were served was above expectations. Loved the service ethos. If any wait staff or server staff walked near our table they took note... and if needed, refilled water classes, topped off wine glasses or cleared dishes. Nice to see the staff enjoying their work and serving where ever, whomever needed. A rare trait. We will (have already) tell friends about Larkspur and we will return next time we visit Vail. Happy Customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect dining experienceJulieVIPDined on 2/9/2014What a great restaurant - food was fantastic. I had the pork and hatch green chile ravioli with shrimp and my colleagues had either the haddock or the salmon and everyone was super pleased with their choices. Service was really terrific - not too pushy but attentive. Not the easiest to find in the lodge, but a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Chicken!JtotheKDined on 2/8/2014I've been going to Larkspur for lunch and dinner for years but never tried the chicken. Our waiter suggested it, and I have to say it was DELICIOUS! I had to swap out the polenta (corn allergy) for mashed potatoes, and the dish was still delicious! I loved the charred brussel sprouts. Everything was spot on...service, food, beverages, everything! Thanks again for another great night, Larkspur!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an oustanding dinnerPrimaPrincessVIPDined on 2/6/2014We had an oustanding dinner and great service. Highly recoomend the Veal Scallopini, three of us had and loved. Also had the Green Chili Ravioli - yummy. And for starters do not pass on the Ahi Nicoise!!Special Features:
- overly formal, stiff and pretentiouOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014overly formal, stiff and pretentious service, Somallier was not helpful or friendly. The steak was overcooked, the butternut soup was overpowered by the apples in it, tasted like an oversugared apple pie.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/30/2014Been going to Larkspur for years and it's always the same... THE BEST!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions, big prices!MiamiMomVIPDined on 1/28/2014Larkspur was a huge disappointment. The food was good, but the portions were small and overpriced. The worst part of our dining experience was the service. To say our waiter was not very attentive would be an understatement. From where we were seated, we could see the open kitchen, and therefore we knew when our food was ready to be delivered to our table. Our plates sat there so long, that the chef took them back and must have put them in the warmer. About ten minutes later, our waiter finally reappeared to pick up our plates and serve them. The dishes we ordered did not benefit from the extra cooking time. Needless to say, we have no plans to return to Larkspur.
- Very good, but priceyBillDined on 1/26/2014Our experience was very good. Good place for a special occasion. We were there on a not busy night and there seemed to be a bunch of wait staff. There were so many we couldn't keep track of who was our waiter. The food was well done and very tastey. For the mid $30 per plate cost though, we will think long and hard about when we may return. We were not crazy about the ambience. It was decorated like a hotel restaurant. Not our style.Special Features:
- Always DeliversEkimogarVIPDined on 1/16/2014Time and time again, larkspur continues to be our favorite spot to dine in vail. Everything just clicks, Are they perfect? No. But the total package surpasses any miscues that might occur. But let me be clear, there are not many.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Food but the Decor Getting OldBreadFiendDined on 1/11/2014The food is excellent and creative but the squarish seventies building subtracts from the experience. Very modern music, oldish decor, and classical food made a funny mix for me. Knowledgeable staff but not outstanding; maybe a tad too friendly?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent upscale comfort food.AnnaJDined on 1/10/2014We met friends here on a cold, snowy night and enjoyed interesting cocktails, wonderful dinner and good wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closing dinnerFalmitoDined on 1/5/2014Every year on our ski trip we save the last meal for Larkspur because of the anticipation of a high quality meal. The menu is always different with exceptional gourmet choices. A foe gras is always on the menu but never prepared the same - it is delicious. My kids can even explore the gourmet choices on the kids menu. Really did us well again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fabulous. Loved thedebbieDined on 1/3/2014Food was fabulous. Loved the Kale salad. All delicious, even down to the lemonade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this time......Mammamia2boysDined on 1/1/2014We visit Larkspur whenever we vacation in Vail and have been impressed in the past. Our party of 7 dined here on New Year's Day. Our waiter recommended the Dover Sole & said it was just introduced as a regular menu item. Three of us decided to go with the Sole at $40. each. While it was very good, the portion size was tiny - probably no more than 3 ounces - and would have been more appropriate for an appetizer. The veal, scallops and steak entrees were really good and the portions were more in line with expectations at Larkspur. The waitstaff, as always, was attentive and professional. We like the sophisticated & contemporary atmosphere. We'll keep an eye on future reviews but we're not sure we'll go back next year.Special Features:
- Never fails to impress. Everythingdtf1947Dined on 1/1/2014Never fails to impress. Everything from the dinner to the wine, desert and desert pairings was excellent and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff made the evening truly memorable. Off the charts. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.