200 N. Riverside Avenue
Medford, OR 97501Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5417744760x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-2:00pm
Dinner: Su-Thu 5:00pm-8:00pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm
Brunch: Sa-Su 11:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Damon Jones
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If you enjoy food at Larks why not ask us to cater your next event? We offer full service catering and drop off for breakfast, lunch, dinner and hors d’oeuvres
- Private Party Facilities: Over 9000 square feet of flexible banquet spaces at Inn at the Commons can accommodate catered events for up to 800 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Gina 5416312006x
A word from Larks Medford
Larks Restaurant, originally opened in May 2005 at the historic Ashland Springs Hotel. Larks Medford is our second location that opened inside Inn at the Commons in December 2013.Continued
Larks celebrates Oregon: its farms, orchards, creameries and wineries offering dishes that excite and surprise with freshness and flavors.
Larks celebrates Oregon: its farms, orchards, creameries and wineries offering dishes that excite and surprise with freshness and flavors.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Larks Medford - Best Restaurants in Medford ›
Larks Medford reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (15)special occasion (13)great for lunch (10)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)romantic (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Took a friend to celebrate her birthday, and it was a great choice! We both enjoyed our meal and the atmosphere. Would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone. I would like to see more vegetarian dishes on the menu though, but what they offered was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Good ServiceLaRueDined on 10/5/2014The soup and salad we had before dinner were delicious and well prepared. The wait staff took great care of us, checking back often to be sure we had everything we needed. Main dishes of rock fish and fried chicken were very flavorful. We will dine here again.Special Features:
- Lunch with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014Lynette, our server was attentive and even offered to divide checks according to our individual orders! Food was delicious and unique! Best BLT I've ever had with the added avocado, fresh bread and perfectly cooked bacon (which I think is very hard to do)! My friends tri tip sandwich had home made thin, crunchy onion rings on top that she shared with us!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Had a great experience here. Our wine was recommended when we asked for some advice and the choice was excellent! Really enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceFeatDontFailMeDined on 8/30/2014Anyone wanting a special dinner at reasonable price can look no further than Larks at the Commons. The menu has just about everything one could want from fresh fish to Southern fried chicken and the best meatloaf -- ever!! The specials never disappoint. The wait team is truly a team and are superbly trained for Class AAA dining. I am just surprised that it is not swamped every night. I guess it is still an undiscovered gem in Medford. Get with it, people, we don't want to lose this treasure. Making reservations online is fast and painless. I have not been there for lunch yet, but I certainly plan to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful night outlaughingdinersDined on 8/16/2014We wanted to celebrate our anniversary and our adult son's birthday so we decided to try a new place. We have been to Lark's in Ashland before so we knew this would be a treat. We weren't disappointed. The food was fabulous and the service great. Other than the couple in the next booth sharing way too much about their personal life,(we now have a great laugh to share), it was a perfect evening. Dinner is kind of pricey but everything was done so well, it is hard to complain about that. This will be a place for special occasions rather than every week outings but we definitely plan to return. I am so glad Medford now has a Lark's also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to snuffpbseattleVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten at Larks in Ashland many times, but the new restaurant is sub-par. The décor is divine, but the place was pretty empty on a Friday night. First clue. Our Beef Brisket entrée was inedible, and though it was our anniversary, we asked for the check and no dessert while leaving full plates. The server seemed unperturbed, asked no questions, gave us our bill, then disappeared. We won't be returning.
- AWESOMEDDDRDined on 8/8/2014Fabulous food , wine list and service. Can't wait to return. Romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in MedfordTastersChoiceDined on 7/24/2014Impeccable. First rate. Smallest details attended to. Service attentive, but not overbearing. Food surpasses if not all most of the best restaurants in the Valley and would easily compete with San Francisco favorites. We've been three times, and will be going again soon.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJLFergVIPDined on 7/18/2014Carson, our waiter, let us know about their gluten-free menu (I'm allergic to wheat) and made suggestions on dishes and drinks. The basil berry mojito was refreshing. The cucumber with pico de gallo soup was a lovely mixture of onion and cucumber. My fiancé loved the southern fried chicken but thought the over plentiful mashed potatoes was a big of a waste (does anyone ever finish them?). We'd return here any time we're in Medford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larks- MedfordakrickVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food was well prepared and the food was as advertised: local and seasonal. Carson was our server and as an added bonus he was the sommelier/wine buyer for the restaurant and he chose a very good local white wine for us. While we were at the restaurant, we mentioned we were passing through Roseburg, OR the next day and asked Carson for winery visit recommendations. A few minutes later Carson brought us a map with his recommendations. Nice touch. Carson is a great resource for wine info and doesn't mind sharing what he knows. We very much enjoyed the Northwest style cuisine, Oregon wine and winery visit recommendations. When ever we are in Medford we will dine at Larks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing50food60Dined on 7/2/2014We had three different dishes in our party of four - each one was marginal at best from bland to over salted. The waiter was very professional and polite and he ended up comp-ing us the two fish meals. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this restaurant and will not go back - the food was that bad.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Larks Medford reviews archive.
- An Undiscover gemTalentersDined on 6/15/2014Can't quite believe that more folks haven't discover Larks in Medford yet. The food is wonderful and the service is exceptional and the meals are very reasonably priced. We've been there 3 times, twice for brunch and once for lunch and have had fine meals each time with family, including a 5 year-old, and friends. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerDonnaDined on 5/1/2014Our dinner with friends was a pleasurable experience. The smoked beet salad was the best I have ever eaten. The pork belly mac and cheese to die for. Our friends enjoyed the Kolbe burger and were very pleased. This was our fourth visit to Larks and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful food!luvfoodDined on 4/25/2014The food was exceptional. It was a nice suprise for a Medford restaurant.Special Features:
- Evening at Larks at the Commons!foodieDined on 4/21/2014It was a quiet Monday night and we had a booth for three of us. Service was terrific, food was great in taste and presentation! Go visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option for business lunchanneaDined on 4/21/2014Nice booth for quiet conversation and room to spread out. Food was excellent, service too!Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Our family chose Lark's in Medford for our Easter dinner. Everything was exceptional. A must try in Ashland or Medford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceClassyDined on 4/17/2014Used the on-line reservation for 5 for lunch and it worked great and easy too. They had the table ready when we got there. The service was wonderful and the food was great. I recommend it highly for business lunches or casual friend lunches. The bar looks classy and will try that some time. Anxious to try the dinner menu next!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2014Food was very good, but the Larks in Ashland is much better. The Medford Larks should add more items to the dinner menuI would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at LarksaveragejoeDined on 4/15/2014Lunch meeting with a business associate. Great atmosphere, great food, great service. Money well spent.Special Features:
- Interesting, retro decor.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Interesting, retro decor. The Brunch choices were varied and it was difficult to land on just one! Our waitress was very sweet and patient. All other staff were friendly and helpful. Our table of four all seemed to thoroughly enjoy their meals.Special Features:
- Evening at LarksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014We had a lovely dinner at Larks at "The Commons". I had the cod special which was cooked perfect. The fish was very fresh. My husband had the meatloaf which was very moist. We had an appetizer, dessert and a couple glasses of wine. The meal was very reasonable and the portions generous. Can not wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy crab LouieDebraDined on 4/6/2014Nice birthday celebration Brittany was an excellent waitress. Will be returning to this wonderful placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening at Larks MedfordAnnieDined on 3/31/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday at Lark's in Medford this week Monday... happy hour prices were a nice surprise...my dinner was outstanding! My father-in-law said it was the best boulabaise (sp?) seafood he had ever had. I enjoyed the homey meatloaf dinner which was better than mom's! Great atmosphere- very good service. This is Medford's newest place to go for a great meal and cocktail lounge. Check it out!Special Features:
- the2ofusthe2ofusDined on 3/31/2014Had a delicious lunch and can't wait to get back for dinner or brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is very attractive,Lunch4twoDined on 3/20/2014The restaurant is very attractive, it's both quiet and relaxing. The wait-staff was was excellent. A nice place for a ladie's lunch.
- Fantastic food in heart of MedfordOSFfriendDined on 3/18/2014While we have dined multiple times at Larks in Ashland, this was our first time dining at the new Larks located in Medford on Riverside. The inside of the old Red Lion Hotel has been remodeled. The restaurant is hip and chic, with bold colors and tall, white Las Vegas style booths. The wait staff were all friendly and attentive. The food, known to be locally grown and raised, is delicious (but it is expensive, so taking the family out may strain the budget). The only problem is that not enough locals are aware of this gem! It's a large restaurant, and only a few tables were occupied when we visited. Come on, Medford, and support a wonderful new restaurant. We just don't have that many here that are this good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect client lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014We sat at a booth in the back and it was a perfect place for an important client lunch. Food was delicious....will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny portions, expensiveGretchenDined on 3/10/2014Food was excellent but the portions were the tiniest in the Rogue Valley, and also most expensive. Menu descriptions sound like there's a main dish (e.g., halibut) with interesting sides, but it was a tiny piece of halibut with a bit of sauce and topped with a few pinches of this and that. No rice, salad, potato, or anything other than a bread basket, for $29. Nice decor but only view was of Red Lion parking lot. For the price, I'll go to Amuse or the Paragon in Ashland, or Bambu in Medford (which is much nicer, less stingy with the servings, and more reasonably priced).
- I am so happy to have thisMwdforditeDined on 3/7/2014I am so happy to have this restaurant here! We need it so very much. I have been in to have a drink several times and glad to see the service has improved greatly. My first time with food, I am a business person and took a client out for dinner. I am sorry to say I was very disappointed with my meal. I had a Caesar salad (just ok) and the special ... Fish that was so tough. The tiramisu was excellent though. I will go again as I so believe it will improve, or this was an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale MedfordCAGTDined on 2/27/2014Party of 5 on a Thursday night. We were seated promptly. Very friendly staff at all positions. Wine list had good variety. Local wines well represented but quite expensive. Wish the markup was not so high on our Southern Oregon wines - visitors might be more willing to try them if the price point was better. Our server Daniel was quite efficient although it seemed as if he had not sampled the menu. We brought a bottle of wine and were not charged a corkage since we ordered 2 bottles off the menu. Lots of variety at the table but duck was the star. The Brie polenta duck was served on was fantastic. Gnocchi was very good. Special salad with Miners lettuce was a real treat. We will be back. Thrilled Medford now has a nice restaurant downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I TOOK MY WIFE TO LARK'S TOOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014I TOOK MY WIFE TO LARK'S TO CELEBRATE HER BIRTHDAY. THE ENVIRONMENT WAS FANTASTIC. SERVICE WAS GOOD. MY WIFE'S SALAD WAS VERY GOOD. THE FISH I CHOSE WAS LACKING. OVERALL, IT WAS VERY NICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very flavorful, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014This is equal to the Larks in Ashland in terms of great wizardry in the kitchen and very attentive service. The decor is nice, but doesn't contribute to the experience. ( Nor take away from, either.) It must rank as one of the most expensive restaurants in Medford, but since the service, food and presentation is flawless that is not a criticism, just an observation. If you want to impress someone, this would be in my top 3 list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance and menu selectionDromedaryDined on 2/15/2014Lark's is a great addition to Medford's downtown with excellent interesting menu choices. Lunch is a terrific value. Salads are especially attractive and fresh. Service is just right: friendly and attentive without hovering. The dining area and lounge are bright and welcoming. Hotel guests should have no reason to venture far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but too slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014service was great but don't be in a hurry you may wait a while for your foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant but not obnoxiousThyme4lunchDined on 2/3/2014Food was beautifully presented and full of flavor. It was nice to have a real waiter instead of a college student. Simple, cozy decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birds 1, Cats 0OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014No ones cryin' for the old Red Lion, as Larks has come to Medford. A creative menu with a little something for carnivores, omnivores and vegetarians--our three meals were excellent. Service was outstanding--warm, friendly and knowledgeable. We'll be back...Special Features:
- GreatKatieDined on 1/31/2014This was my 2nd time going. The first time I went with a group of friends and it was really nice. This time I went with my husband. He is a big time foodie and loves to find a good place to eat out. He has not stopped talking to people about it. He loved it and so did I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but I think there are betterNelsonfamilyDined on 1/30/2014Took forever to get our entrees. Portions were very large,would have preferred lower prices with less food. Felt the prices were high for the quality and ambience. Wine bottle prices were exceedingly marked up. Desserts were good but nothing special. I will say the fried chicken was the best I've had but $26 was pretty steep. For the same money we consistently get our socks knocked off at the Bistro at the Jacksonville InnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.