Larkin Filling Station
745 Seneca Street
Buffalo, NY 14210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Larkin Filling Station
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://larkinfillingstation.com/
- Phone: (716) 362-2665
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Hors D'oeuvres Parties
Grill Themed Parties
- Entertainment: Live at Larkin, Wednesday night concert series through September
Food Truck Tuesday, Tuesday nights through October
- Special Events: Wedding Ceremonies, Birthdays, Graduation
A word from Larkin Filling Station
Enjoy lunch in Larkin Square Monday - Friday. The original circa 1930s Larkin Company Filling Station #6 has been retrofitted to accomodate a contemporary, casual restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Larkin Filling Station - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Larkin Filling Station reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- munschDined on 10/29/2014my favorite place in town for a great lunch. The food, service, location are all amazing!Special Features:
- Nice stop for lunchSweetbytesDined on 10/10/20148 for lunch, went to make a reservation on line, but no seats available at the time I wanted , so booked in for 8 at 1:45--They were taking the table and chairs before we were ready to leave---not very welcoming.Special Features:
- Great Larkin Square eatsJoesDinerDined on 10/2/2014Very good menu this week. Soups and sandwiches were amazing. Even in Fall, Larkin Square is the perfect place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJ2014Dined on 8/8/2014I had a limited lunch break, and had out of town guests meet me at the Filling Station, as it is close to my work, and they had an excursion at the harbor in the late afternoon. There were 5 adults, and reservations was for 12:00. We were seated immediately, and greeted by our waiter to take drink orders. The waiter came back a few times to take our order, but we were busy talking, and hadn't viewed the menu. Once orders were placed, and food arrived, all meals were wonderful. There was one exception, where a meal was returned 2x, but it had nothing to do with the order, but rather the guest not understanding what he was ordering (cannot do spicy, and ordered a sandwich with chipotle mayo). All other meals were flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 14 reviews are from the Larkin Filling Station reviews archive.
- They were closingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Used hte service to hold a table, when we arrived they were closing. at 3 pm on a Friday?
- Great!!munschDined on 7/18/2014A must for lunch. The food is amazing especially The salmon BLT. The staff is so friendly and responsive. We loved the ambience as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, mediocre foodpasbuffaloVIPDined on 7/3/2014Our party of three had been wanting to try this restaurant for lunch. We're glad we tried it, but we probably wouldn't hurry back. Service was fine. The food was simply okay - not bad, but nothing special. I ordered the chopped salad, which is part of their regular menu. The salad was mostly greens. The two companions both ordered the special sandwich of the week - a Buffalo chicken sandwich (chicken breast with medium wing sauce and blue cheese). Again, it was okay, but nothing special. Quantities are generous. Prices are a little on the high side for the quality of the food (definitely not gourmet). Certain menu items (soup, sandwich, taco) change weekly.Special Features:
- Great place for lunchGARYFROMHAMBURGDined on 6/27/2014The Filling Station is a perfect spot in Larkinville for a slgihtly upscale lunch. The food trucks are Larkinville are great but if you're looking for a a nice sit down lunch venue this is the place. It isn't a large menu but the food is done to perfection. The staff are cordial and the atmosphere is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic in every wayLunchinglawyerDined on 5/30/2014The Filling Station combines upscale lunch fixtures - turning a "burger" into a veal burger (when have you had that?) an d "macaroni salad" into macaroni with feta and a sweet/sour dressing. The restaurant is airy and cheerful and the service was great, as it must be to get business people in and out. I will be back whenever I can!Special Features:
- Great lunch -Larkin Filling StationlunchbunchDined on 5/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Larking Filling Station. I love their Salmon BLT. The food was great as was the atmosphere. This was our third time there and we look forward to future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect urban settingJoesDinerDined on 5/19/2014The menu is imagative, the craft pizza of the day amazing. I like the free parking and atmosphere of the Larkin Sq. Great dining experience for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine with the ProfessionalsblofoodieDined on 4/23/2014The location in Larkinville is easy to get to, and we had no trouble parking. The menu is fun, unique, and changes weekly, the decor is modern and bright. Service was good. I had the Steak Thai Tacos for $12 and they were fabulous! They didn't come with anything, though, so it wasn't extremely filling and definitely no leftovers. I'm looking forward to going back in warmer weather with the doors and "walls" open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot for a casual orOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014great spot for a casual or business lunch!! great food, friendly staff, exciting to dine in the heart of Larkinville!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLynnDined on 10/18/2013A great place for lunch. I was worried that it would be crowded on a Friday, but not too noisy. There is a limited menu but the food choices are perfect for lunch. Good portion sizes and great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So BeautifuljojoDined on 10/3/2013We went to lunch here on October 3, 2013. The food was so delicious, and the staff was so friendly. The flowers were amazing, and everything looked so happy. Even the colors used to decorate the place make you feel good. This place has really transformed the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Will's reviewWillDined on 9/30/2013Great location in a very attractive setting. The Filling Station has tremendous potential but feels like it's managed but amatures. I was looking forward to a new exciting Buffalo restaurant, but was disappoint. Perhaps it's just growing pains. I hope they can improve in the near future.
- Meatball on Lunch Menukat63Dined on 9/20/2013Please don't take the meatball off your lunch menu - it was so good!!! I took a friend for the first time and she loved the restaurant as much as I did. Very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Larkin Filling StationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2013The Larkin Filling Station is clearly one of the best spots to dine for lunch in downtown Buffalo. Set within the up and coming Larkin Square area, this eatery serves inventive sandwiches, soup, pizzas, and salads that will please just about anyone's palate. Come early though (before 12 noon) as on seasonable days, the place fills up quickly!Special Features: