926 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 323-5275
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Northwest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
A word from Lark
Welcome to Chef John Sundstrom’s Lark, one of the Pacific Northwest’s premier, artisan-focused restaurants. Located in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, Lark offers a warm dining experience meant to be shared with friends and family. Our menu features small plates of locally-produced and organic cheese, charcuterie, vegetables, grains, fish, and meats, all prepared with a signature focus on flavor and quality. We work with local artisans, farmers, and foragers to serve the best of each season, bright and intense with summer and spring, rich and heartening in the winter and fall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lark reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (130)neighborhood gem (86)special occasion (85)romantic (77)notable wine list (39)good for groups (18)hot spot (15)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014This was my third time dining at Lark. The food is always great, but this time, since it was packed on a Friday night, the noise level was terrible and I could hardly hear my table companion. Hopefully the new location will improve upon this problem. (This was also true recently on a busy night at Poppy's.) We also were unable to find a full bodied, buttery, oaky chardonnay on the wine menu and ended up switching to red.Special Features:
- Man could live by bread aloneDemandingDined on 11/5/2014One does not usually start a review by raving about bread, but this has been the most exciting bread experience since we discovered sourdough in SFO many decades ago. The near perfect rye (and I have not had a "perfect" rye in the US). They make it in the afternoon, so it is fresh and moist. Otherwise, a nice collection of imaginative creations served in rather small portions (as already noted by others) by an attentive waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service, outstanding foodClipsDined on 11/1/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Lark. I was dining with one friend with Celiac (no gluten) and another vegan. The server was incredibly accommodating and walked us through the menu carefully. Will definitely go again, next time with friends open to exploring the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Great SRW menuNatnatDined on 10/30/2014I really enjoyed the meal, one of the better SRW restaurants I've been to! Loved the artic char and the pear tarte tartin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbJohnDined on 10/29/2014Lark to s a treasure. The menu is inventive and excellent, the wine list inclusive of lots of quality excellent varieties, the food excellent, and the service beyond belief. Here's hoping Lark's move to a new location does not break any art of it's magic formula.Special Features:
- Spectacular, yet againpmacDined on 10/28/2014Lark is a great find, hidden behind an unassuming storefront that you'd miss if just walking by the restaurant. The food was delicious, well prepared, well presented, and in our group of 6 everyone was happy with their meal. Our serve was also just the right combination of professional and friendly and she kept coming back to check in on us even as we filtered to our table one at a time. This is the second time I've eaten at Lark and it did not disappoint. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Cold serving staffMrCoolDined on 10/28/2014When we arrived, hostess was absent - no problem. Waited for about 5 minutes - no problem - during which no one of the wait staff even acknowledged us - rude. Food was very interesting. Portions are smallSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood gem, outstanding food!nyclonseaVIPDined on 10/27/2014Lark has been around for a while, but having just recently moved into the neighborhood took advantage of Restaurant Week and had an incredible meal. Every single plate was delicious, beautifully presented, fresh, and modern. The arctic char was phenomenal, delicate and perfectly cooked. Side of whipped potatoes is so comforting and buttery and silky smooth, delicious that you want to bathe in them. Salami and black fig appetizer was a flavorful explosion of flavors. For dessert, they're all extremely rich, would advise sharing, if you're feeling more on the peckish side. Overall, an incredible meal shared with great friends. Will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible.RoostVIPDined on 10/26/2014This was my second trip - having visited many years ago while on vacation. Thrilled to find the same excellent service and incredible cuisine. We had the gnocchi, yellowtail, pommels de robuchon, salmon and baby Madeleine's. Loved every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!josephDined on 10/26/2014We went for restaurant week and had a great meal.. Four of us shared all courses.Special Features:
- Everything you wantjrzivDined on 10/23/2014I've been to Lark several times and what brings me back is the unique, inspired, plentiful menu. Each plate is a great experience. I noted this time that what I also enjoyed was the overal low key atmosphere. Warm, sophisticated, not too loud, not too simple and no attitude. The wait staff were attentive, thoughtful and only there when you needed them. It was $30 dinner week so it was packed and little more quick than usual but I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for date nightcatebDined on 10/21/2014The food at Lark is always really delicious and the service is perfect. I love coming here for a nice dinner out. It's expensive but the food is such high quality that it seems worth the price.Special Features:
- Good for a special night outhaveforkwilleatDined on 10/21/2014Lark has a cozy feel to it with rustic cabin like architecture and low lighting. The food we had during our dinner was excellently prepared with attention to detail in the presentation. Portion sizes were enough to make you feel satisfied over 3 courses but didn't leave you feeling overly full. Given the prices, you are definitely paying for quality, not quantity (this is not meant as a criticism). The service is good but what I would consider standard for this type of dining. Nothing was bad about the service at all, but I wasn't wowed by anything. It will go on my list of restaurants to go back to for a intimate dining experience once in awhile.Special Features:
- Seattle Restaurant Week at LarkCapitolHillGirlDined on 10/20/2014I felt like we were rushed through dinner. Courses came out too fast. We ordered a cheese course to start and had barely touched it when our appetizers came out. It was SRW but we still hoped to have a special experience (we ordered extra items & 2 bottles of wine). I had heard great things about Lark, the food was great but the service really fell short of expectations. The Arctic char was cooked perfectly and the huckleberry ice cream and pear tarte were delicious dessets.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencelisawasabiDined on 10/19/2014We went to Lark with another couple during Restaurant Week and everyone enjoyed their meal. None of us had visited the restaurant before. My husband ordered a non-Restaurant Week meal (neck of wild boar or something like that) and really enjoyed it. The arctic char was awesome. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great for a special eveninganmorrisVIPDined on 10/17/2014Pretty much everything at Lark is going to be amazing, which it should be for the price point you're putting down. With the "small plates" nature of the food, I think it makes sense to go with four or more people so you can try more dishes, but it's also just a great spot for a romantic date night.Special Features:
- We always returnOlddogsarethebestdogsDined on 10/16/2014While we now live on the east coast we always eat at Lark when we are in Seattle. It has held up incredibly high standards for food and service. It is in many ways the essence of seattle and we are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Perfectk2013Dined on 10/14/2014As always, the food was excellent and the service was very warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- lovely dinner fabulous food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The cheese was amazing! We shared the carrots and tomato salad which were both amazing! Then we shared the squab (small bird) which was not as good as we expected but it is most likely an acquired taste. And the eel, which was also not or favorite but also may just be an acquired tast . Service was amazing and it comes highly recommend from us. (Just not the squad)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting friendly differentifdhsDined on 10/8/2014interesting place to dine since its location is by a university, but with friendly and informative wait staff and co-owner involved in serving and making sure guests are attended; the different atmosphere created a wonderful experience with decently daring type of ingredient in the food choice. dfntly will come back and recommend to try different dishes.Special Features:
- DinnerGuitartomDined on 10/3/2014Good food, nice ambience. Friday wasn't super busy, so I specially appreciated that we didn't feel like we had to leave immediately after we finished eating because there were no other people waiting for the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DwliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Food was amazing. Service was okay not bad just okay. Although he did pair our dishes quite well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional mealIreneDined on 9/26/2014The food was perfect, portions just right. Wine list was interesting but not overwhelming. Service was friendly but not invasive - wait staff was very sensitive to timing. We definitely plan on returning for special occasions and just for a great meal out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie from BallardjsfoodieDined on 9/25/2014The food was superb as usual. On our last visit, the squab with radicchio and bacon roasted black figs was a wonderful pairing. I would love to know how they prepared the radicchio as they were able to remove the bitterness that I find unpleasant in cooked radicchio. Haven't found anything I haven't liked yet. Their pairings are unusual and the flavors are layered. Noise level was higher on our last visit then normal (is usually moderate) - but the restaurant was filled to capacity with several large parties. Didn't distract from the wonderful food or the superb service. Looking forward to seeing the new space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/20/2014We all did the 5 course meal and while the servings were small, they were flavorful and rich. It was nice to leave not completely overstuffed but certainly full. Great service too.Special Features:
- An anniversary dinner must!!ejddseattleDined on 9/20/2014Tried the bounty tasting menu, recommend the 5 tasting for only $15 more....paired with a great bottle of wine, it was a night to remember!! They were also very accommodating to make any dish dairy free! Very great restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LikegoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014I've had the Lark cookbook for a while. A gift from a friend. This is my first chance to get to the restaurant itself. Everything was absolutely delicious. I over ordered and over ate and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and simplePripriDined on 9/19/2014You have to order about 3 dishes per person at least, so we ordered about 6 dishes between the two of us. The green beans were surprisingly tasty! And so was the wagyu beef. Other highlights was the octopus with farro! I loved all the 6 dishes, the server was very attentive and polite and it was just a cozy, small restaurant, which made everything feel unpretentious yet romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of TownersLGSCDined on 9/19/2014. LARK had been recommended to us when we visited Seattle. The only negative of the evening was finding the place. We had the address, but because we didn't know the area, we initially overshot the address, and did not readily see a sign on the building. That said, when we got inside we were warmly greeted, seated at a choice table, and well served. First, we had a recommended wine &cheese. They were great. Then, we each had one of the entrees. I had the salmon. It was tasty with a complementary sauce; just enough to add to the fish, but not overpowering. My husband had the steak, he loved it. Overall, it was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic food!SarahDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant was such a treat. My husband and I were visiting from San Diego and I picked it because it's on the iDine program. We took the bus and walked quite a ways just to come! The menu looked unique and decadent and the food was exactly that. We chose to go our own route and not do the prix fixed meal. Wagyu tartare and foie gras were our favorites. The cheese menu was lovely, one of my favorite foods! The service was attentive and knowledgeable. The decor was rustic/simple but romantic and nicely done. I have not one thing to say negative - except that there isn't a location in San Diego :)Special Features:
- Outstanding All AroundAirplaneNerdDined on 9/13/2014We came for a fancy romantic night out and were not disappointed in the least. We ordered the Five Course Chef's Bounty and every dish was outstanding - each better than the last. The wine suggestion paired very nicely as well. Service was fantastic and pacing of the courses was spot on.Special Features:
- Charming,charming, charming14lochlassVIPDined on 9/7/2014A delightful experience!! We highly recommend the Chinook Cabernet Franc to compliment your dinner. Delicious food, wonderful service and a very charming atmosphere. A dining highlight of our Seattle trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of SeattlefoodycatVIPDined on 9/5/2014One of the best meals I've had in Seattle of late, for sure. Small but inviting dining room, with a nice mix of casual and special touches. Very attentive staff that seem to enjoy their team approach. The menu is built around small plates in several categories. We chose 1-2 from each section and thoroughly enjoyed each one. Best French 75 I've ever had. Will definitely return first chance I get.Special Features:
- Outstanding service and foodPaulSeaOneVIPDined on 9/5/2014Lark serves outstanding food and is easily a top three in Seattle. The flavors are creative, fresh, and just yummy. The service is really dialed in to visit your table when you need something and to stay away otherwise. It's the only Seattle restaurant I trust to not press me on timing when I want to linger. The menu is not traditional starter/main/desert and is more small plate oriented so have some fun creating your experience or go with their suggested tasting menu. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Our favorite spot on Capitol HillwinnerwinnerchickendinnerDined on 8/31/2014We've been going to Lark for special occasions and to treat ourselves for years, and we've always loved it. It just seems to get better and better. It's wonderful for seasonal dining- Chef Sundstrom is awesome at making every ingredient taste like the perfect version of itself.Special Features:
- amazing, honest!MaggieDined on 8/31/2014in from out of town to visit a friend from graduate school. we had a great weekend of food adventures. by far, hands down, the best-- lark. menu was amazing. server was so helpful. would recommend 3 dishes per person, and definitely share! do it big folks, order anything you want and i promise you won't be disappointed. gnocchi, salmon, octopus, tuna, squab, cheese spread, cheesecake, do it. you won't regret!Special Features:
- A GemOrangeManDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant, tucked into a neighborhood next to Seattle University, is fantastic. In a relaxed atmosphere, fantastic Tapas-style food is served. The sautéed wild mushrooms are the best any of us at the table have EVER had, including two of us who are not lovers of mushrooms! The lamb was incredible. The salmon was as flavorful as you will ever taste. This is one of top 3 dining experiences I have ever had. Strongly recommend.Special Features:
- Best dinner we had in SeattleHappytravelsDined on 8/28/2014We tried Rays and Ivers but they came no where near lark in terms of food or service. An excellent menu and service and a lovely space. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lark is a SparkDiscerningVerneDined on 8/23/2014Great and inventive food. Timing of plate delivery was perfect. Way too noisy and disruptive to complete enjoyment. Acoustic tiles woul blend well with exposed rafters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulouscabgoesleftVIPDined on 8/20/2014Everything was excellent. Food, wine, all very very good. ok, the service was fair. not great. But overall, really, really good! Definitely go!Special Features: