LARK on the Park
2015 Woodall Rodgers
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
LARK on the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkonthepark.com/
- Phone: 2148555275x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs: 11:00AM-Midnight (Kitchen closes 10PM)
Fri-Sat: 11:00AM-1:00AM (Kitchen closes 11PM)
Sun: 10:00AM-10:00PM (Kitchen closes 10PM)
Lunch is served Mon-Sat from 11am-3pm.
Dinner is served daily at 5:00pm
Brunch is offered on Saturday at Sundays until 3:00.
Between 3:30-5:00 every day, we offer an Afternoon Menu.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Kelley & Melody Bishop
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine
- Special Events: LARK on the Park offers accommodations for events of virtually any size. Our semi-private room seats up to 24 guests, or can be reserved for a standing, mingling reception for up to 40 guests, or more with inclusion of the adjacent bar. For more event information, please visit our website at www.larkonthepark.com
A word from LARK on the Park
LARK on the park is a new, contemporary urban restaurant facing Klyde Warren Park on the edge of downtown Dallas. LARK introduces two new exciting chefs and fresh new plates of deliciousness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
LARK on the Park - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
LARK on the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (153)hot spot (96)special occasion (89)scenic view (85)great for lunch (82)neighborhood gem (74)great for brunch (72)great for outdoor dining (66)good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (54)romantic (39)notable wine list (37)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- great spot - always isbenb1234VIPDined on 10/19/2014serves late on sundays... always a great option for a 9 or 10 pm late dinner on Sunday. bar staff is friendly and helpful. food is always fresh and great. wine and beer selection is awesome. only the moth has better beer in dallas.Special Features:
- good place for an evening w friendsTripMomDined on 10/18/2014Our food was good and service was excellent except our server had very bad body odor that was distracting. Our only other issue was the dessert menu. Our party of 6 could not find one dessert that sounded appetizing. We ended up going to another restaurant for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening at Lark on the ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/18/2014We went for dinner before the symphony and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Every course was excellent, and our server was terrific--very helpful, didn't rush us, and came frequently to make sure we had everything we needed. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We went for brunch and they were not busy at all. Open tables everywhere. Food was good and well presented. Waiter was a little slow on drinks, especially considering how empty the restaurant was. Loved the decor, would like to go back to try dinner.Special Features:
- Noisy but DeliciouswelshdivaDined on 10/17/2014The food was incredible however the noise level seemed high. Between the music and crowd level it was hard at times to carry on a conversation with just the four of us.Special Features:
- Becoming a foodie?AllisonGDined on 10/14/2014I have been twice to LARK: once for a special dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and once for a lunch meeting. Both occasions were terrific and appropriate. And the food is so creatively and artfully prepared that I think I might be becoming a foodie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown favoriteMjhindallasDined on 10/13/2014Our friends from NYC were delighted by our dinner!! The steak for two was a huge hit. The wine list is so nice and the Monday half price deal is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Concert StopOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Get a 6:30 dinner reservation for a 8:00 concert. Parking was easy, walking to the arena was easy. Bar was inspiring - too many "have to trys" - so we will be back! Beer selection is wonderful, the tarragon-infused "Mule" was refreshing rather than cloying. Seafood is handled very well here, I recommend the mussels as an appetizer. The chalkboards are brilliant!Special Features:
- Perfect surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014My daughter had a special brunch fro her dad. I called Annie the event coordinator and she helped me plan the perfect brunch from a champagne toast to a special dessert. She had flowers on the table. The food was awesome. My daughter was so pleased and her dad sent me a very nice text. It was a successSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shannon in control of the artjalapenoRedDined on 10/12/2014Our "Chalk Art" installation Brunch was terrific! Great friends joined us to watch various local artists create incredible art pieces in chalk on slate...Shannon was the ever-present organizer, orchestrator, cheerleader...the food was excellent and the libations were perfect...ahhhha, the spicy bloody Mary's hit the spot...Special Features:
- mlpjlkVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit to this great location. The service was spot on..always there when you needed but never over bearing. The food was tasty and portions were edible size. The only complaint was the row of tables where we sat had NO lighting. It was if we were eating our meal in complete darkness..we had to take out our cell phones to light up our plate so we could see what we were eating.Special Features:
- Best Manhattan in DallasJackalsmomDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Lark on the Park on Saturday, Oct. 11. The food, service and atmosphere were all great, but my Manhattan was exceptional. The best I've ever had in Dallas - just the right amount of sweet, smoke and bitter. Lovely! Don't know who the bartender was, but I wish that I did!Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was not the best and the service was poor. I wish they had a better menu because it's a beautiful place.Special Features:
- Love it!micher99VIPDined on 10/9/2014The food and service helped to make my client lunch a success!! The Korean bowl with short ribs was fantastic. I will definitely be back for dinner as soon as possible!Special Features:
- Thumbs UpOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014Our appetizer, entrees and dessert were all outstanding. A vibrant atmosphere and area that is right next to a small park.Special Features:
- Menu changeBodarfVIPDined on 10/6/2014Our waiter pointed out the new chicken dish with couscous and I am very happy that he did. Great mix and balance of flavor!Special Features:
- Worthy Sunday outdoor brunch.MometteDined on 10/5/2014Great location with an outside patio and easy valet. Service was attentive, but not intrusive. Menu included the usual brunch favorite drinks but also included some new twists (ask about the mimosa of the day). The tart with mushrooms and arugula did not disappoint, and the baked french toast with apples was a tasty rendition on a classic. Definitely going back to explore the menu. Dogs allowed on the patio and provided water bowls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun vibe!romyzoeDined on 10/3/2014The bar tenders are really great! Lots of knowledge about the drinks, which are fun and unusual- and good! The menu is great for groups- we started with both the meat plate and the cheese plate, plus some toasted nuts- YUM!! All the meals were great- I was a little disappointed that for $31, I only got THREE scallops! If it hadn't been for the appetizers, I would have been still hungry! Better bets were the pork & beefs choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smart fusionHappyDinerDined on 10/2/2014Such a nice spot with a view of Klyde Warren Park. Really enjoyed the Asian-inspired carrot and ginger soup with coconut milk and the Thai beef salad - light but flavorful lunch! Our waitress was sweet and so attentive and took really good care of us. Can't wait to try out their cocktails for happy hour sometime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, great serviceWorkHardPlayHardDined on 9/30/2014I had a business lunch here. An OpenTable reservation is a must, this place was full. The food was impressive but not an over-the-top gastric experience. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and environmentLonghorn48Dined on 9/30/2014Food taste and presentation was very good. Dessert was fantastic, just the right size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itGreatTimeDined on 9/27/2014As a local you know you will be completely satisfied when Dinning here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont skip the appsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Our group really enjoyed the cheese, nut and olive appetizers. The chalk art was also fodder for discussion...would love to come back for the brunch when the art is rotated.Special Features:
- Expensive but excellentThatGuy57Dined on 9/20/2014you get what you pay for and Lark in the Park delivers amazing food at a premium price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My boyfriend and I ordered the special and it was served nearly raw. Since it was a pork dish we had them cook it longer. When the dish was returned to us by the manager they were the same pork loins we had originally cut into and the manager left our table abruptly before making sure we were satisfied. When we cut into the twice cooked lions they were too tough to chew. At that point my boyfriend and I decided to just tell the manager thank you but no thank you and leave. When we did she apologized but did not offer any incentive to ever return there as a customer again. I was shocked and doubt I return.Special Features:
- Nice Location, Food So SoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014I enjoyed the location of Lark on the Park, and the food was OK. There was too much lime in almost everything. I would try again but tell them to tone down the lime.
- Delightful brunchDeedeeDined on 9/14/2014I was pleasantly surprised with my experience at Lark! I had visited for happy hour when it first opened and I was underwhelmed. However, brunch on Sunday was delicious. It helps when the weather was perfect too. We dined outside and each order something different on their varied menu. The fried egg sandwich was really good. Sourdough bread and a bit of gruyere along witha fried egg and bacon cooked perfectly. The potatoes were yummy and crispy. The only suggestion I would have to the restaurant is to serve with half the amount of potatoes and include some fresh fruit.Special Features:
- Great food bad serviceppparkerDined on 9/14/2014Food was excellent. We had sunday brunch. Loved the Rajas Omlette. Service was non existent. Had to wait for everything, waiter ignored us for extended periodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice StartGlenDined on 9/13/2014We were going to a show in the arts district (which is right across the street) and had dinner out on the patio. The patio with views of the Park was great. Meat and cheese boards were great with wine or with house cocktails. Had a very nice lite meal. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited OptionsHeeseonVIPDined on 9/12/2014Good food but limited menu items - what we got was very good though.Special Features:
- Lunch with young professionalsDiningVetaDined on 9/12/2014My dining experience with four colleagues was the right combination of great service provided by Gabriel, delicious food, music and the restaurant's decor created an ambience that created a feeling of a mini delicious vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IRVING75062Dined on 9/7/2014Lark is a great place to bring your out of town guests. Great menu selection and priced reasonable. Great view and people watching seating. Dining at Lark is relaxing and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCathDined on 9/6/2014Dined with a medium sized party prime time on a Sat night. Valet parking convenient and adjacent to the restaurant door, shielding us from the rain. Loved the rotating chalk artwork adorning the walls. Best meal I have had in Dallas in quite a while. Everything was fresh, seasoned to perfection, and interesting. Our party had the pork belly, hen, gnocchi, and scallops. Everyone left full and happy.Special Features:
- eatout12Dined on 9/6/2014Lovely site for restaurant, and nice trees on avenue. But atmosphere is somewhat frenzied. Music far too raucous and loud. Temperature too cold. Valets running constantly outside window did not allow for relaxed feeling.Special Features:
- Great foodDrewmcway1Dined on 9/5/2014Great food! Had the shrimp skewers, summer salad and the lamb! Amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lunch Ever!jmatthiVIPDined on 9/4/2014As usual, Larks lunch offerings were spectacular. Light and fresh just right proportions for lunch that hit the spot.Special Features:
- HootieHootieDined on 9/3/2014Delightful spot for lunch; a very happening location. The service was outstanding and efficient, but we were eating a late lunch. I love the changing chalk drawings as they are always wonderfully executed. The salads we ordered were delicious, with fresh ingredients. Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience at LARKMichaelVIPDined on 8/30/2014Once again, great food and cocktails (including a delicious virgin drink for a member of our party who did not wish to imbibe). Very good service - especially the server who noted the sun in one of our party's eyes and lowered the shades. My only critique: the ambiance seemed even louder than I remembered, and it was difficult to have a conversation. The server did lower the music a bit when requested. Still one of our favorites in Dallas!Special Features:
- Worst meal ever!DisappointedDined on 8/30/2014I thought this would be a wonderful place to celebrate my Father's 91st birthday. WRONG! Two of our three entres were dreadful. My Father's halibut (halibut is one of his favorite's) was thin, over cooked and dry. The yellow beans were tough and stringy. My husband's Thai Pork (Moo Krab) was pure fat and gristle. The garlic sauce was good but useless without pork. He ate 2 bites and didn't finish his meal either. Salads were very bitter-the lemon vinaigrette dressing didn't help. Expensive-especially for inedible food. We sent back more than we ate. The waitress was attentive and we appreciated her efforts on Dad's behalf. This was our first and last visit. We hoped for a memorable Birthday and we got one! It will remain one of our worst!Special Features:
- LARK on the Parkfoodiefoo2Dined on 8/29/2014This location was great for heading to an event downtown. The park across the street is a great place to walk after dinner. We loved the craft beer selection. Both of us chose 5 beers for a tasting Flight. Then we chose our favorite to enjoy during dinner. The menu was still for summer. I chose the hen and my spouse chose the pork and was not trilled. The waitress warned him it was "pork belly", but he was not prepared for a large slab of fat and having to search thru the fat to find the small amount of meat. Besides the beers, we also loved the salad we had before our entrees. The dressing was a very light olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Overall it was a great evening, but we both agreed the entree's were overpriced.Special Features: