LARK on the Park
2015 Woodall Rodgers
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
LARK on the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkonthepark.com/
- Phone: 2148555275
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs: 11:00AM-Midnight (Kitchen closes 10PM)
Fri-Sat: 11:00AM-1:00AM (Kitchen closes 11PM)
Sun: 10:00AM-10:00PM (Kitchen closes 10PM)
Lunch is served Mon-Sat from 11am-3pm.
Dinner is served daily at 5:00pm
Brunch is offered on Saturday at Sundays until 3:00.
Between 3:30-5:00 every day, we offer an Afternoon Menu.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Kelley & Melody Bishop
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from LARK on the Park
LARK on the park is a new, contemporary urban restaurant facing Klyde Warren Park on the edge of downtown Dallas. LARK introduces two new exciting chefs and fresh new plates of deliciousness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
LARK on the Park - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
LARK on the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (177)special occasion (113)great for lunch (112)scenic view (112)hot spot (107)great for brunch (84)neighborhood gem (83)great for outdoor dining (80)vibrant bar scene (64)good for groups (62)romantic (52)notable wine list (48)late-night find (29)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Nice StartGlenDined on 9/13/2014We were going to a show in the arts district (which is right across the street) and had dinner out on the patio. The patio with views of the Park was great. Meat and cheese boards were great with wine or with house cocktails. Had a very nice lite meal. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited OptionsHeeseonVIPDined on 9/12/2014Good food but limited menu items - what we got was very good though.Special Features:
- Lunch with young professionalsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014My dining experience with four colleagues was the right combination of great service provided by Gabriel, delicious food, music and the restaurant's decor created an ambience that created a feeling of a mini delicious vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IRVING75062Dined on 9/7/2014Lark is a great place to bring your out of town guests. Great menu selection and priced reasonable. Great view and people watching seating. Dining at Lark is relaxing and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodCathDined on 9/6/2014Dined with a medium sized party prime time on a Sat night. Valet parking convenient and adjacent to the restaurant door, shielding us from the rain. Loved the rotating chalk artwork adorning the walls. Best meal I have had in Dallas in quite a while. Everything was fresh, seasoned to perfection, and interesting. Our party had the pork belly, hen, gnocchi, and scallops. Everyone left full and happy.Special Features:
- eatout12Dined on 9/6/2014Lovely site for restaurant, and nice trees on avenue. But atmosphere is somewhat frenzied. Music far too raucous and loud. Temperature too cold. Valets running constantly outside window did not allow for relaxed feeling.Special Features:
- Great foodDrewmcway1Dined on 9/5/2014Great food! Had the shrimp skewers, summer salad and the lamb! Amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lunch Ever!jmatthiVIPDined on 9/4/2014As usual, Larks lunch offerings were spectacular. Light and fresh just right proportions for lunch that hit the spot.Special Features:
- HootieHootieDined on 9/3/2014Delightful spot for lunch; a very happening location. The service was outstanding and efficient, but we were eating a late lunch. I love the changing chalk drawings as they are always wonderfully executed. The salads we ordered were delicious, with fresh ingredients. Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience at LARKMichaelVIPDined on 8/30/2014Once again, great food and cocktails (including a delicious virgin drink for a member of our party who did not wish to imbibe). Very good service - especially the server who noted the sun in one of our party's eyes and lowered the shades. My only critique: the ambiance seemed even louder than I remembered, and it was difficult to have a conversation. The server did lower the music a bit when requested. Still one of our favorites in Dallas!Special Features:
- Worst meal ever!DisappointedDined on 8/30/2014I thought this would be a wonderful place to celebrate my Father's 91st birthday. WRONG! Two of our three entres were dreadful. My Father's halibut (halibut is one of his favorite's) was thin, over cooked and dry. The yellow beans were tough and stringy. My husband's Thai Pork (Moo Krab) was pure fat and gristle. The garlic sauce was good but useless without pork. He ate 2 bites and didn't finish his meal either. Salads were very bitter-the lemon vinaigrette dressing didn't help. Expensive-especially for inedible food. We sent back more than we ate. The waitress was attentive and we appreciated her efforts on Dad's behalf. This was our first and last visit. We hoped for a memorable Birthday and we got one! It will remain one of our worst!Special Features:
- LARK on the Parkfoodiefoo2Dined on 8/29/2014This location was great for heading to an event downtown. The park across the street is a great place to walk after dinner. We loved the craft beer selection. Both of us chose 5 beers for a tasting Flight. Then we chose our favorite to enjoy during dinner. The menu was still for summer. I chose the hen and my spouse chose the pork and was not trilled. The waitress warned him it was "pork belly", but he was not prepared for a large slab of fat and having to search thru the fat to find the small amount of meat. Besides the beers, we also loved the salad we had before our entrees. The dressing was a very light olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Overall it was a great evening, but we both agreed the entree's were overpriced.Special Features:
- GreggVIPDined on 8/27/2014Been here several times and always impressed and extremely satisfied with the food. Will be back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMoneillDined on 8/24/2014The food was good, not blown away, but good. Our waitress was a little scattered. She was nice; you could just tell she wasn't paying complete attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!AliGlitterDined on 8/24/2014First time to Lark on the Park and it was great! Loved the coffee served in the French press, nice touch. Coconut pancakes were divine, so moist they didn't even need syrup. Will be back for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KK1234VIPDined on 8/24/2014Great lively nice casual ambiance. My favorite place downtown/uptown to have a salad and a glass of wine at lunch. The vegetables here are always so fresh, bright and crisp! My parents ordered coffee after lunch which came out in a large french press.Special Features:
- Great place for Date nightTWMattDined on 8/23/2014Decided to give the place a spin with the girlfriend for date night after getting a suggestion from a coworker. We sat at the bar prior to our reservationwhich was great and had a nice selection of drinks that you'll be hard pressed not to find something you enjoy. Dinner had a great variety food choices and our waitress was fantastic as well. Great food, service and a nice atmosphere with the art on the boards around the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely at LarkgreensmilesDined on 8/23/2014We ate here with another couple and had a lovely evening. Food was great and service was very nice. I had made a reservation days earlier but our table was not ready for 1/2 hour so we had a drink at the bar. The mixology offering was copious. I only wish the server had told us to check out the chalk artwork on the walls -- apparently it is lovely and we missed it.Special Features:
- Late summer evening outHappyCoupleDined on 8/22/2014We had reservations and were seated quickly at our 4 top although there was just the two of us. The service was fast and friendly. My duck and my wife's shrimp were served hot and cooked to perfection. I chose a Pale Ale over wine from the most extensive list of ales, stouts and ciders. Great choice of wines too. We were celebrating our anniversary and they picked that up off our reservation, comping the desert. Great service without interruptions is a skill our waitress pulled off well.Special Features:
- jonathankutnerDined on 8/22/2014Apparently your reservation system does not accommodate us by notifying us when we seek and table for four and only a table for two is available. It gives no option to change from two to four and no explanation why we can't change the reservation. You should at least let the subscriber know why you are not allowing a change in number of seats in the reservation.
- Don't Write on the Chalk Board!BigDFoodieDined on 8/22/2014Good food in a fun, energetic environment. Our waitress did not understand that lunch is supposed to move along...this wasn't food coming out of the kitchen slowly, I'm talking about the wait staff not taking our order for a long time during what is clearly a business lunch for 10 people. Most had to leave without dessert. Overall the food was quite good and love the atmosphere of chalk art.Special Features:
- FabulousjimbobDined on 8/21/2014I took my daughter for dad's night out. She had been twice before and loves the noodles with Parmesean cheese. It isn't on the menu but her first time, she asked for it and now orders that alone. The waitress was wonderful. The scenery always interesting, excellent food and a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Lark on a Friday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Service was good and attentive. Food was quite good. The lamb shank was falling apart, as it should. Flavor was good, and soaked into the accompanying pearl cous cous. Location i pretty cool. Just accross from the park. Be sure to Valet park. Otherwise parking is a bear. The only disappointment was the wine list. It was pretty short, and quite pedestrian. Just a few moderately interesting choices. Draft beer choices were just the opposite. Great selection of very intersting belgium imports, and craft beers. I wish the same energy was put into the wine list.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotSusanB58Dined on 8/21/2014Nice menu for lunch and there was a nice-sized crowd here the day we dined. Very attentive service and attractive decor. Great salads, sandwiches, and drinks on the menu. Across the street from Klyde Warren Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit. Loved it.RtjonesDined on 8/20/2014Had the gnocchi. Shrimp appetizer was fantastic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014I enjoyed the restaurant on my first visit and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This was my first time for brunch at Lark and everything from wait staff, ambience, food were great. I would and will recommend this place to everyone. It made my rainy Sunday brunch a little brighter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, long wait w/ reservationMegRNDined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed the food and the drink selection at Lark in the Park a lot. The only problem with our visit was that we had to wait for about 20+ minutes after our reservation time to be seated. The bar area was a bit crowded so it was difficult to find a place to stand and wait. The service was good and our waitress made some great wine suggestions.Special Features:
- SheliaBHDined on 8/16/2014Perfect location for dinner before our show at the AT&T center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great gemDuskyEPlVIPDined on 8/15/2014An outstanding place that we would go back to. Nice atmosphere - fun, upbeat, but not loud and obnoxious. Good for catching up with friends over dinner. Jimmy was our server and made the night fun and was very knowledgeable of the menu. The meat and cheese plate is one of the best in town. The drinks, well, we had a bunch, so obviously they were really good too.Special Features:
- Can Taste Buds Lark?AllenDined on 8/15/2014If taste buds could lark in ones mouth, then mine certainly did at Lark on the Park. From the specialty drinks, appetizers and main dishes to the service, ambiance, and location everything about Lark on the Park sings!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teddie BryantTedJimDined on 8/15/2014Waiter was great -- and food not so good. Mediocre at best. A real disappointment for what should have been a special occasion meal with out-of-town guests.
- Lunch with a friendGayleK70Dined on 8/14/2014This a great venue for lunch. Food is delicious, service great and there is plenty to see in the very interesting chalk drawings which are changed every three months. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lark on a LarkGoodWineIsFineDined on 8/12/2014Because the Winspear dining was booked, we chose to go to Lark on the Park for dinner prior to Phantom at the opera house. It was a good choice as we had plenty of time to eat, were not rushed and could walk across the park to the show. We had a very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable waiter. We had cheese plate appetizer with red wine, which consisted of three different cheeses, bread and raisins/nuts. My husband, who has to eat gluten free, ordered the special of the evening (which was GF) and I ordered halibut. Both meals were very good. I had a different wine with my halibut, recommended by our waiter. We had a small dessert, shared, and decaf coffee, both great. We enjoy this restaurant and plan to go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dickgutVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great place on the park. Very interesting menu. Loved the stone fruit salad. Interesting sleek decor with chalk artwork by local artists that changes every few months. Interesting wine list and wines by the glass. Aron is a great bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Brunch SelectioneventsrmeDined on 8/10/2014Took a friend to brunch who hadn't been to Lark and my first time at brunch. Had the Tomato and Gruyere Tart and the Bagels and Smoked Salmon & Whitefish. The tart was just great, the eggs perfectly cooked and the shaved proscuitto was a nice touch. I loved the house smoked fish. The smoke was very light and made the fish really stand out with freshness and a tender texture. The house made dressed cucumbers and the Lebneh were a nice departure from the regular cream cheese side. Prices were fair and the service very good. Finished it off with a Butterscotch parfait with bits of toffee. The Bloody Maria was the right amount of spicy. One concern, the proximity to the park seems to draw people with young, noisy children. Go early.Special Features:
- Consistently AwesomeThrashxDined on 8/9/2014Can't say enough great things about Lark. Great service and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable pre-theater mealMorefewDined on 8/9/2014Had dinner at LARK on the Park prior to going to the Winspear. Our server was attentive, personable, and made some terrific recommendations. Somewhat limited options for vegetarians, but the gnocchi was tasty.Special Features:
- Tasty and Fun New Spot in DallasIceman2480Dined on 8/9/2014Lark on the Park has an enticing atmosphere innate in any new hotspot in a food city such as Dallas. But the staff makes this place a gem. Everyone from the hostess stand to the bar, kitchen to the dining room knows how to treat a guest at their restaurant. My wife and I have sat at the bar and had appetisers, had family dinners in the dining room, and even sat on the patio for lunch. Each time, the staff exhibited impeccable service. The food is outstanding. But my favorite part is the art that changes seasonally. They invite local artists to draw in chalk on their boards around the restaurant. It's the coolest idea I've seen and keeps us coming back.Special Features:
- What is the new extra tax ?JaneDined on 8/6/2014The food and service was great, but when we got our bill, we each had a new city tax that neither the waitress not manager could quite explain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.