LARK on the Park
2015 Woodall Rodgers
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
LARK on the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkonthepark.com/
- Phone: (214) 855-5275
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs: 11:00AM-Midnight (Kitchen closes 10PM)
Fri-Sat: 11:00AM-1:00AM (Kitchen closes 11PM)
Sun: 10:00AM-10:00PM (Kitchen closes 10PM)
Lunch is served Mon-Sat from 11am-3pm.
Dinner is served daily at 5:00pm
Brunch is offered on Saturday at Sundays until 3:00.
Between 3:30-5:00 every day, we offer an Afternoon Menu.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Kelley & Melody Bishop
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine
- Special Events: LARK on the Park offers accommodations for events of virtually any size. Our semi-private room seats up to 24 guests, or can be reserved for a standing, mingling reception for up to 40 guests, or more with inclusion of the adjacent bar. For more event information, please visit our website at www.larkonthepark.com
A word from LARK on the Park
LARK on the park is a new, contemporary urban restaurant facing Klyde Warren Park on the edge of downtown Dallas. LARK introduces two new exciting chefs and fresh new plates of deliciousness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
LARK on the Park - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
LARK on the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (169)hot spot (101)scenic view (92)special occasion (91)great for lunch (87)great for outdoor dining (80)good for groups (76)neighborhood gem (73)great for brunch (72)vibrant bar scene (66)romantic (48)notable wine list (36)late-night find (32)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Lovely at LarkgreensmilesDined on 8/23/2014We ate here with another couple and had a lovely evening. Food was great and service was very nice. I had made a reservation days earlier but our table was not ready for 1/2 hour so we had a drink at the bar. The mixology offering was copious. I only wish the server had told us to check out the chalk artwork on the walls -- apparently it is lovely and we missed it.Special Features:
- Late summer evening outHappyCoupleDined on 8/22/2014We had reservations and were seated quickly at our 4 top although there was just the two of us. The service was fast and friendly. My duck and my wife's shrimp were served hot and cooked to perfection. I chose a Pale Ale over wine from the most extensive list of ales, stouts and ciders. Great choice of wines too. We were celebrating our anniversary and they picked that up off our reservation, comping the desert. Great service without interruptions is a skill our waitress pulled off well.Special Features:
- jonathankutnerDined on 8/22/2014Apparently your reservation system does not accommodate us by notifying us when we seek and table for four and only a table for two is available. It gives no option to change from two to four and no explanation why we can't change the reservation. You should at least let the subscriber know why you are not allowing a change in number of seats in the reservation.
- Don't Write on the Chalk Board!BigDFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014Good food in a fun, energetic environment. Our waitress did not understand that lunch is supposed to move along...this wasn't food coming out of the kitchen slowly, I'm talking about the wait staff not taking our order for a long time during what is clearly a business lunch for 10 people. Most had to leave without dessert. Overall the food was quite good and love the atmosphere of chalk art.Special Features:
- FabulousjimbobDined on 8/21/2014I took my daughter for dad's night out. She had been twice before and loves the noodles with Parmesean cheese. It isn't on the menu but her first time, she asked for it and now orders that alone. The waitress was wonderful. The scenery always interesting, excellent food and a wonderful time.Special Features:
- Lark on a Friday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Service was good and attentive. Food was quite good. The lamb shank was falling apart, as it should. Flavor was good, and soaked into the accompanying pearl cous cous. Location i pretty cool. Just accross from the park. Be sure to Valet park. Otherwise parking is a bear. The only disappointment was the wine list. It was pretty short, and quite pedestrian. Just a few moderately interesting choices. Draft beer choices were just the opposite. Great selection of very intersting belgium imports, and craft beers. I wish the same energy was put into the wine list.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotSusanB58Dined on 8/21/2014Nice menu for lunch and there was a nice-sized crowd here the day we dined. Very attentive service and attractive decor. Great salads, sandwiches, and drinks on the menu. Across the street from Klyde Warren Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit. Loved it.RtjonesDined on 8/20/2014Had the gnocchi. Shrimp appetizer was fantastic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014I enjoyed the restaurant on my first visit and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This was my first time for brunch at Lark and everything from wait staff, ambience, food were great. I would and will recommend this place to everyone. It made my rainy Sunday brunch a little brighter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, long wait w/ reservationMegRNDined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed the food and the drink selection at Lark in the Park a lot. The only problem with our visit was that we had to wait for about 20+ minutes after our reservation time to be seated. The bar area was a bit crowded so it was difficult to find a place to stand and wait. The service was good and our waitress made some great wine suggestions.Special Features:
- SheliaBHDined on 8/16/2014Perfect location for dinner before our show at the AT&T center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great gemDuskyEPlVIPDined on 8/15/2014An outstanding place that we would go back to. Nice atmosphere - fun, upbeat, but not loud and obnoxious. Good for catching up with friends over dinner. Jimmy was our server and made the night fun and was very knowledgeable of the menu. The meat and cheese plate is one of the best in town. The drinks, well, we had a bunch, so obviously they were really good too.Special Features:
- Can Taste Buds Lark?AllenDined on 8/15/2014If taste buds could lark in ones mouth, then mine certainly did at Lark on the Park. From the specialty drinks, appetizers and main dishes to the service, ambiance, and location everything about Lark on the Park sings!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teddie BryantTedJimDined on 8/15/2014Waiter was great -- and food not so good. Mediocre at best. A real disappointment for what should have been a special occasion meal with out-of-town guests.
- Lunch with a friendGayleK70Dined on 8/14/2014This a great venue for lunch. Food is delicious, service great and there is plenty to see in the very interesting chalk drawings which are changed every three months. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lark on a LarkGoodWineIsFineDined on 8/12/2014Because the Winspear dining was booked, we chose to go to Lark on the Park for dinner prior to Phantom at the opera house. It was a good choice as we had plenty of time to eat, were not rushed and could walk across the park to the show. We had a very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable waiter. We had cheese plate appetizer with red wine, which consisted of three different cheeses, bread and raisins/nuts. My husband, who has to eat gluten free, ordered the special of the evening (which was GF) and I ordered halibut. Both meals were very good. I had a different wine with my halibut, recommended by our waiter. We had a small dessert, shared, and decaf coffee, both great. We enjoy this restaurant and plan to go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- dickgutVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great place on the park. Very interesting menu. Loved the stone fruit salad. Interesting sleek decor with chalk artwork by local artists that changes every few months. Interesting wine list and wines by the glass. Aron is a great bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Brunch SelectioneventsrmeVIPDined on 8/10/2014Took a friend to brunch who hadn't been to Lark and my first time at brunch. Had the Tomato and Gruyere Tart and the Bagels and Smoked Salmon & Whitefish. The tart was just great, the eggs perfectly cooked and the shaved proscuitto was a nice touch. I loved the house smoked fish. The smoke was very light and made the fish really stand out with freshness and a tender texture. The house made dressed cucumbers and the Lebneh were a nice departure from the regular cream cheese side. Prices were fair and the service very good. Finished it off with a Butterscotch parfait with bits of toffee. The Bloody Maria was the right amount of spicy. One concern, the proximity to the park seems to draw people with young, noisy children. Go early.Special Features:
- Consistently AwesomeThrashxDined on 8/9/2014Can't say enough great things about Lark. Great service and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable pre-theater mealMorefewDined on 8/9/2014Had dinner at LARK on the Park prior to going to the Winspear. Our server was attentive, personable, and made some terrific recommendations. Somewhat limited options for vegetarians, but the gnocchi was tasty.Special Features:
- Tasty and Fun New Spot in DallasIceman2480Dined on 8/9/2014Lark on the Park has an enticing atmosphere innate in any new hotspot in a food city such as Dallas. But the staff makes this place a gem. Everyone from the hostess stand to the bar, kitchen to the dining room knows how to treat a guest at their restaurant. My wife and I have sat at the bar and had appetisers, had family dinners in the dining room, and even sat on the patio for lunch. Each time, the staff exhibited impeccable service. The food is outstanding. But my favorite part is the art that changes seasonally. They invite local artists to draw in chalk on their boards around the restaurant. It's the coolest idea I've seen and keeps us coming back.Special Features:
- What is the new extra tax ?JaneDined on 8/6/2014The food and service was great, but when we got our bill, we each had a new city tax that neither the waitress not manager could quite explain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceLucaDined on 8/3/2014Had a great meal at Lark on the Park. The location is great as we walked around the park across the street prior to going to the restaurant. The food is a mix of Mediterranean and Asian inspired dished. We started with a platter of cured meats and then my wife had carpaccio and I had the Buratto. She had Lamb Shank and I had the Duck...........the Duck was awesome!!! The server (Oliver) was great and very efficient. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price does not equal the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014Food and drinks are good but very expensive and the cocktails are tiny. We had a reservation and while there were many tables open at the time, we were seated by the kitchen. Service was slow and I had to remind the waiter twice to bring drinks (if you keep the drinks coming, people tend to forget the other things). I finally had to ask for the check as we had a show. Dining from 6:15-8 shouldn't take that long to get drinks and food.Special Features:
- DecentUtes64Dined on 8/3/2014Service was very good. Mixologist was excellent. Shrimp appetizer superb. 5-cheese plate very good. Texas steak was excellent except for the polenta which tasted odd to everyone at the table. Lamb shank looked beautiful; it was perfectly tender; but the taste was underwhelming. Report on the halibut was that it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would come backpittsburghsaraDined on 8/3/2014Overall I thought this was a very nice place to go for brunch. I might try coming back for an evening/night time event just to experience the buildings and city lit up. I wish the view wasn't blocked by the other restaurant across the street, but it still gives a nice perspective of the city. I love the chalk drawings around the dining area and our server wasn't pushy and didn't interrupt which I appreciated. I was kind of surprised it wasn't more crowded actually, esp when we walked in with our 1 pm reservation for 5 at pretty much 1 pm and still had to wait for 5 minutes to be seated. What's up with that? I get it if it's more crowded, but it really wasn't.Special Features:
- Fantastic All AroundAzureDined on 8/2/2014The food and wine were amazing, and our service was impeccable! One of the best dinners we have had in Dallas.Special Features:
- Server, know your menuInteriorsVIPDined on 8/1/2014Après concert meal. Wife and I shared the curry pastries and scallop crudo, followed by bone-in ribeye for two. Curry pastries were all too much pastry, and bland mushy filling. The crudo was better, but lacked life. A bit of acid was needed. When we ordered the steak, I explicitly requested that no salt be applied to the meat. Our server assured me that the $78 steak received no seasoning when cooked, and we would be provided salt and pepper to season the meat to taste. He lied. The steak was VERY well salted in the kitchen. We brought it to our server's attention, and he said he would speak with the kitchen. He never returned with a response. Bad business. Unfortunate, because we are big fans of Mr. Wynne's other restaurants.
- The following 552 reviews are from the LARK on the Park reviews archive.
- Off on a Monday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014I had to send the hanger steak back as it came out rare when ordered medium, and was barely chewable. Even though they took it back and "fixed it" to medium, it was still extremely tough when it came back. To the restaurant's credit, they comped my meal without me asking, and worked hard to get it right. Bottom line, don't order the hanger steak. Almost seems like they are putting it on the menu to have a token beef dish. Here's hoping that they change to a tenderloin, filet, etc. Wine was great though, and my wife had the duck which she really enjoyed.
- texmaxDined on 7/27/2014Everything was great from the hostess to the waiter to the view and especially the food. The artwork on the walls is amazing! Overall a fine experience and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatchiclady9Dined on 7/26/2014My fish was a bit overdone but flavoring, presentation good. The 3 dishes were very good. Ambiance cool with the chalkboard art, conversation piece. Big open room concept.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Everything was fabulous!!! Great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good beerannaclareDined on 7/26/2014jester king, one of the better beer lists in dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mrmikeDined on 7/25/2014this restaurant has been a favorite of mine since it opened - one of the most appealing in its casual and cool ambience. Food has generally been very good. My most recent experience was a let-down food wise: Marakesh cicken served with a grain that had either been overcooked or left too long in the oven. it just didn't seem to have been prepared with the care and flair i had witnessed in the past.Special Features:
- Loved the porkMegsVIPDined on 7/25/2014I never order pork, I just never do! but the one in the menu caught my eye, so I gave it a try, and it was the best I've ever had. Thai pork, delicious. My husband had the duck, he loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShirlGirlDined on 7/23/2014Nice place....noise level a bit high but business conversation still doable. Excellent food; excellent service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely disappointed.ATXERVIPDined on 7/21/2014We can't rate the food. We were told to wait at the bar while they prepared our table. We watched them clear 6 tables and sit one of them while we sat at the bar for over 30 minutes. We were fortunate to discover a much better fine dining place across the street.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014I would go to LARK on the Park just to sit in their beautiful interior. I went on 7/19 for Brunch with my husband, we were seated at a table for two by one of their gorgeous windows. It was overall a perfect setting. My husband ordered the Salmon and Bagel and I ordered a Mimosa and Fried Egg Sandwich. I very much enjoyed my meal, the presentation was wonderful, the addition of avocado and beefsteak tomato is a must. The potatoes were good but over salted for my taste. My husband was disappointed. I thought his plate looked great but it just wasn't what he was expecting or what he was used to receiving when ordering "Salmon and bagels" at other restaurants. Overall, I would go again. I love the location and the area.Special Features:
- Family get togethereatingout123Dined on 7/18/2014On our first trip to Dallas our son invited us to this restaurant to celebrate our arrival from Europe. He wanted to give us a taste of downtown Dallas at its best. We were not disappointed. Great service, good atmosphere and excellent food. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.