LARK on the Park
2015 Woodall Rodgers
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
LARK on the Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkonthepark.com/
- Phone: (214) 855-5275
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs: 11:00AM-Midnight (Kitchen closes 10PM)
Fri-Sat: 11:00AM-1:00AM (Kitchen closes 11PM)
Sun: 10:00AM-10:00PM (Kitchen closes 10PM)
Lunch is served Mon-Sat from 11am-3pm.
Dinner is served daily at 5:00pm
Brunch is offered on Saturday at Sundays until 3:00.
Between 3:30-5:00 every day, we offer an Afternoon Menu.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Kelley & Melody Bishop
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine
- Special Events: LARK on the Park offers accommodations for events of virtually any size. Our semi-private room seats up to 24 guests, or can be reserved for a standing, mingling reception for up to 40 guests, or more with inclusion of the adjacent bar. For more event information, please visit our website at www.larkonthepark.com
A word from LARK on the Park
LARK on the park is a new, contemporary urban restaurant facing Klyde Warren Park on the edge of downtown Dallas. LARK introduces two new exciting chefs and fresh new plates of deliciousness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
LARK on the Park - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
LARK on the Park reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (169)hot spot (101)scenic view (92)special occasion (91)great for lunch (87)great for outdoor dining (80)good for groups (75)neighborhood gem (73)great for brunch (72)vibrant bar scene (66)romantic (48)notable wine list (36)late-night find (32)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Ejoyed lunch - AGAINSpecialKDined on 11/24/2014Eaten here many many times. I have enjoyed a dozen or so lunches and a few dinners as well. Recently did a special event in the private dining room and it was great as well. Excellent tap selection of local and trendy craft beers. Service is always attentive and more than happy to make suggestions and can navigate the menu for the non-foodies in the crowd. The location is perfect, adjoinging the Arts district and just a few steps from the Park....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodfoodieDined on 11/22/2014This is a great restaurant. It has great atmosphere and good food and craft beer. We had the pork cheeks special and they were so good. Very tender and wonderful. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality very time I visit!WeLuvRestauarantsDined on 11/20/2014Took an out of town guest to LARK on a beautiful evening for a lite dinner and to show off the Park. Shared several small plates together and enjoyed a delicious glass of wine. Our server was excellent, the food was good and the setting was quite chic. My guest was impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and upbeatCheriDined on 11/19/2014The feel is energetic and food is wonderful. Love the decor and chalk artwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in the DarkLuvdininginNOLADined on 11/19/2014We attended the Lincoln Dine and Drive event, and my daughter and I were seated at a table for two, that had one tiny little votive that was so dim, it was like sitting in a dark corner, There was no overhead lighting. I had to use the flashlight on my cell phone to read the menu. The view was great though, as we were seated by the glass by the street. The cauliflower soup was delicious, but my market fish was rubbery, undercooked on one end, and carrot puree was tasty, but whatever the 2nd vegetable was tasted like burnt onions. It was a great opportunity to test drive a car that I am thinking about leasing, and also a great opportunity to try a restaurant in my neighborhood that I had not tried yet. I know you are thinking, "the meal was free, so why are you complaining", but I was so disappointed in the food, that I was glad it was gratis, and I most likely will not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchmlawkevinDined on 11/19/2014LARK is a great stop for a business lunch. Great menu. Lamb burger is amazing. And the service is always too notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, butSczsaVIPDined on 11/18/2014This was our third time dining at LATP. While I certainly appreciate the seasonality of the menu, there is something to be said for having SOME choices. We were having a pre-concert dinner there and, frankly, my partner and I had a difficult time finding anything we wanted to eat on the menu. Appetizers are somewhat limited - and 3 of the available options are charcuterie and cheese plates. The pasta special was not much different than what was already on the menu. The pasta was well made and tasty and the cocktails are also well crafted. The restaurant is beautiful and in a great location. My advice is to check out the menu online before you reserve to make sure there is something there you are going to want to eat. Even the dessert menu failed to tempt - and that is pretty surprising given my sweet tooth.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceGoodLunchSpotDined on 11/15/2014We went before a show and had an amazing dining experience. All the food and custom drinks were damtastic, the price was excellent, and service was warm and knowledgeable. We had to leave on short notice because we talked too long, but the waitress was accommodating and swift in helping is resolve our check. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCiciDined on 11/15/2014the scallops and Thai pork were both phenomenal. the malbec short cocktail gave my party a reason to come back for a bar visit alone. our waiter recommended a great non alcoholic basil spritz error for me and I wish I could have one at every dinner at home. the meat and cheese plates were worth the money. the only thing we hoped for was more background from the waitstaff on cheeses. we are curious about the artisans and their story as well as how they were selected by the chef. overall, terrific experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Original Cuisine and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We were able to make a last minute reservation on Open Table and it was our first time to LARK on the Park. We found a seat at the bar to catch a quick drink before we ate dinner and the mixed drinks were amazing. I tried the Bonnie and Baye which was the perfect blend of tart and sweet. Our table reservations ran over and the head bartender offered to buy us a drink to make up for the wait! At the table our waiter was pleasant, although a little bit tardy in greeting us. We started with the Poblano Empanadas which were cooked to perfect with a warm poblano and cheese filling covered in a flaky crust. My husband and I both decided to try the scallops which our waiter assured us was one of the best choices on the menu. They did not disappoint! I can confidently say they are the best scallops in Dallas. Another really fun feature is the local art found on the four giant chalkboard walls. They were all Dallas artists/illustrators. Overall I would highly recommend this restaurant for intimate dates or group dinners as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QueensTomVIPDined on 11/14/2014Looking for a special meal and dining experience in Dallas? Find your way here. Small menu but ample good choices. Great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the right occaisionEricShellhornVIPDined on 11/14/2014GREAT food, and the bar drink "Bramble On" is amazing. Having said that, this is NOT the place to go if you want to have a conversation with your guests (at least not on a Friday or Saturday night). It's very loud. If you're OK with that, rock on! If you're looking for an intimate place to visit with your date, skip it. Our server was outstanding. And the hottie who made my Bramble On at the bar would be my husband in a New York minute, if only. You MUST try the Lam Shank. Food A Drinks A++ Ambiance (visual) A Ambiance (sound) D The valet people in the garage are a bit frantic, but kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeDeeVIPDined on 11/13/2014We liked Lark the first time we went, but the menu has changed and am not impressed with the fish entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good experienceWhyNotVIPDined on 11/13/2014Another really good meal at Lark with friends. They took care to make their lunch service just as good as their dinner service. Attractive selection, interesting art sets this restaurant apart. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2014Interesting menu, some Thai, some Spain, some Moroccan(?). Seasonal, colorful, choices for vegetarians. We went early before going across the freeway to Winspear, and had a great hour of peace and quiet before the afterwork crowd arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Merry Time! Lark lives up to nameDragonsGoIrishDined on 11/8/2014Very pleasant dining surprise. Casual but sophisticated ambiance. Excellent service from beginning to end of meal. Courteous and attentive wait staff. Lovely beginning to a fun evening in Dallas.Special Features:
- Asian fusion foodz537217Dined on 11/8/2014We had duck, fish, lamb, and vegetable dishes. They all tasted great, judging from two Chinese (north and south), one Italian, and one English heritage cultures. Don't expect a super fast service, though. The restaurant was very crowded. It took some time for us to get food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LarklakesidelivingDined on 11/5/2014We found this little gem from a friend who had been there. We absolutely love the ambiance, service and food, and have returned 8-10 times over the past few months (we don't live near downtown Dallas). We've done lazy Saturday lunches and several nice dinners - both with larger groups and just the two of us. The service and food have been great every time. Nice view of Klyde Warren park and a great post-lunch stroll opportunity on those lazy Saturdays. I highly recommend Lark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerJMT1Dined on 11/3/2014First time for my wife and I and it will not be the last. Love this place!!! The Artist Chalk paintings on the walls are really unique and very interesting. The bartenders made my wife a gin drink that she really loved and she typicality does not like gin. The appetizers were GREAT!!! Mussels were in a butter sauce that was to die for. Entrees were very impressive as well, I had the Duck Breast and she had Pork Cheeks!!!! Both were great however, the Pork Cheeks were one of the best dishes the two of us had ever had. Service was great!!! Angelica took extremely good care of us. Drink list and wine list were priced very reasonable. $$ The Place is 'A WINNER"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeDeeVIPDined on 11/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner at LARK. We would have liked it more if we could have visited with our dining companions. The music was so loud we had to scream at one another. We could hardly hear the server talking to us. We asked the music to be turned down which they did slightly. Other than that we enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to pleaseLawrenceDined on 11/1/2014Lark on the Park has become a new special favorite for my wife and I. Joining us have been nine family members, foursomes (3 times) and a group of six. We have twice joined Lark's wine and food pairings and enjoyed it thoroughly. The food and service only gets better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit on Saurday 11/1/14DaveDined on 11/1/2014The entrée I has was a pasta that was oily and way overcooked. The services was also poor. I was served my entrée before my salad, so by the time I got to the entrée, it was cold.
- Lark on the Parkfranky10Dined on 10/29/2014Very nice venue for foods, views and arts. I was a guest of Jose' Cruz, one of the artists; specifically, the piece above the grill window. We had a long, leisurely lunch and enjoyed it all. The staff is polite, quiet and attentive. Food was fantastic. We had a variety of plates and shared everything, much to our delight. (We are both artists and walked to the DMA afterwards in about two minutes.)Special Features:
- Birthday lunchBarbjeanDined on 10/28/2014Fun place with great interesting food and great service. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantLittleVIPDined on 10/27/2014Looking for a new restaurant while in Dallas. Loved Lark. Had the most wonderful halibut. Would go back here in a minute.Special Features:
- DeeDeeVIPDined on 10/26/2014This will definitely be on our favorite restaurants list. We enjoyed everything about our dining evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding !avemariaDined on 10/26/2014I wanted to invited two special girlfriends to a pre-concert dinner. The experience was memorable. We all enjoyed the appetizers and dinner. We ordered the cheese platter and olive platter; both were a wonderful starters. For dinner, we ordered Moo Krob, Nova Scotian Halibut and Tako Poke. All three dishes were very appealing to the sight and to the palate; the sauce, the tenderness, the timing of the entrees to be served, and all the small details. We didn't drink this time, but the food provided all the entertainment. One small detail - the bread plates that were taken away when the entrees arrived, we feel we could have kept the plates. But this is just a small detail that didn't bother our overall experience.Special Features:
- Would go backLfosterDined on 10/25/2014Good service, nice atmosphere, pasta dish was okay, tenderloin special was really good, empanadas appetizer and drinks were not impressive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid restaurant next to KWPSpinMDDined on 10/25/2014One is greated by a number of beautiful chaulk illustrations lining the walls setting the tone for a noteworthy dinner. unfortunately the food menu is unimaginative compared with the multitude of foodie venues in Dallas; nonetheless, New American staples are well rendered. given its location, this spot is great before a show at the DSO, ATT ctr, or Klyde Warren Park concert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swanky gem across from Klyde WarrenTKeithBDined on 10/25/2014Lark on the Park is a great chice place with wonderful creative dishes. We enjoyed everything we had. The ambiance is relaxed yet swanky with a beautiful view of Dallas and Klyde Warren park. We will go again!Special Features:
- Great BrunchBHDFWVIPDined on 10/25/2014We tried this out before walking around the Nasher. Excellent Food and Service! We will be back...Special Features:
- Thursday night dinnerWillieDined on 10/23/2014Great food. New and different. Wonderful service and great ambience. Not too stuffy not too noisy. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome downtown view.JbroDined on 10/22/2014The Texas Hanger was delish! Would recommend splitting that with a few sides and enjoy! Great downtown view with park right there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceGayleK70Dined on 10/22/2014This is the fourth time I have eaten Lark and each time the experience has been great. The service is quick and very helpful. The food delicious and innovative. Love the changing blackboard art. The setting is very comfortable with tables far enough apart so the noise is not nearly as bad as some restaurants. It is possible to talk with friends and be heard. One of my current favorites in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot - always isbenb1234VIPDined on 10/19/2014serves late on sundays... always a great option for a 9 or 10 pm late dinner on Sunday. bar staff is friendly and helpful. food is always fresh and great. wine and beer selection is awesome. only the moth has better beer in dallas.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceIliosVIPDined on 10/19/2014It was a slow Sunday night and they appeared to be understaffed. We sat for 40 minutes without anything but water. We complained and the waitress said she would be more attentive...she wasn't. The worst experience I have had in a decade and I eat out the majority of my meals.Special Features:
- good place for an evening w friendsTripMomDined on 10/18/2014Our food was good and service was excellent except our server had very bad body odor that was distracting. Our only other issue was the dessert menu. Our party of 6 could not find one dessert that sounded appetizing. We ended up going to another restaurant for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening at Lark on the ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/18/2014We went for dinner before the symphony and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Every course was excellent, and our server was terrific--very helpful, didn't rush us, and came frequently to make sure we had everything we needed. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceBaylorADined on 10/18/2014We went for brunch and they were not busy at all. Open tables everywhere. Food was good and well presented. Waiter was a little slow on drinks, especially considering how empty the restaurant was. Loved the decor, would like to go back to try dinner.Special Features:
- Noisy but DeliciouswelshdivaDined on 10/17/2014The food was incredible however the noise level seemed high. Between the music and crowd level it was hard at times to carry on a conversation with just the four of us.Special Features: