Lark Creek Steak
845 Market Street - 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Lark Creek Steak
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.larkcreeksteak.com/
- Phone: 4155934100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm & Sunday 12:00pm - 2:30pm Afternoon Menu: 2:00pm - 5:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30 - 9:00pm Friday 5:30pm - 9:30pm Saturday 5:00pm - 9:30pm Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Beverage service is available in our bar throughout the day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ismael Macias
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: FRONT ROW SEATS AVAILABLE Join us for lunch or dinner at our Chef's Counter, where you can take in lively cooking demonstrations by Chef Ishmael Macias and his team of culinarians. Enjoy special "only at the counter" 4-course lunch and 6-course dinner tasting menus - featuring the best of LarkCreek Steak - and served by the chefs themselves. Or, order from the regular menu and just enjoy the show. Reservations accepted; walk-ins always welcome.
- Special Events: Planning a SPECIAL EVENT? Our "Larkspur Room" is the perfect place to host up to 42 guests for a special evening. Arrangements may be made with Beth Brown by calling (415) 593-7100 or by email at BethBrown@larkcreek.com
- Cross Street: 5th Street (4th Floor of the San Francisco Centre)
- Public Transit: Bart and Muni are convenient ways to travel to the Westfield San Francisco Centre. There is an entryway directly into the center at the Powell Street station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For your convenience, Westfield San Francisco Centre provides valet parking. The valet is located on 5th Street between Mission & Market Streets (outside Nordstrom). With validation from LarkCreek®Steak, the price for 3 hours is reduced to only $10 dollars. For access to the restaurant, enter the Centre through the doors on 5th Street and walk all the way through the Centre past CocoaBella Chocolates. Use the elevators to access the 4th floor (Dome Level).
A word from Lark Creek Steak
Inspired by the Bay Area's plentiful bounty of fresh products, Lark Creek Steak offers a menu that combines the classic and the new with an abundance of USDA Prime Steaks, fish, vegetable and dessert options to satisfy the palate. Using the best ingredients, Chef Ishmael Macias features seasonally-changing, a-la-carte steakhouse lunch and dinner dishes that are both simply prepared and delicious. You can find samples of our menus by visiting our website.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lark Creek Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)notable wine list (28)fit for foodies (26)romantic (20)great for lunch (19)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Backup option onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Food and drinks delivery was very slow and waiter attention was rare. Might consider trying again but only as a backup option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- open tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014My name is Joy Erickson. I purchased a gift card through Open Table website for a birthday surprise . I purchased the card a few days prior to reservation. The email was suppose to be delivered on August 23rd 2014 to Tina Swinford. Because the email was not sent, the enitre surprised was ruined. After many calls to inform them, forwarded emails of the receipt- the restuarant did not know how to handle the issue. They had never done this type of transaction before. Even though they had the confirmation number. The waitress did not know how to ring it up, nor did a manager. I was very disappointed with the whole experience. I had to call them as well and send them my email with purchase and it took over 35 minutes to handle.Special Features:
- Shopping Mall GemburrphilDined on 8/22/2014Do not be deterred by the fact that this creative kitchen of high consistency exists within a large, urban shopping mall. And do not, as well, lump it in with the plethora of tired "steak houses" one stumbles upon from coast to coast. LCS provides high levels of cuisine and service for a delightful lunch or elegant dinner. As with every trip we've made to this Bay Area specialty, our wait person (and everyone else who helped in our experience) was first rate, fully professional and attentive without ever hovering. The food has a consistent freshness to it and the menu provides some of the finest meat cuts we have found in San Francisco. In addition, side items are featured in modest proportions and the dessert menu is superb. Go hungry!Special Features:
- High Prices & Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014My first experience here was so bad, mostly the service, and the manager did the 1 thing that could get me to return - gave me a gift certificate for $ 50. So I did. The service was better, but there was nothing memorable about the food, except the prices. $ 9 for a small side of just acceptable, but pretty bland, creamed spinach. Small side of french fries (also $ 9) were almost undercooked. Really unremarkable, although the sauce they came with was good. Filets were also unremarkable. Ordered medium-rare, came out rare. Fairly tasty, but nothing to return for...
- Solid choicealwayseatingDined on 8/17/2014I was a bit nervous when I saw the conflicting reviews for Lark Creek. Our experience was alot more positive. Staff was super attentative and friendly. We all got steaks (mostly filet mignon). They came out juicy and perfectly cooked. Wine list was extensive. Sides were all good. All in all this was a solid choice for us and would definitely return. One small note: you need to go in the mall to get in so most people in there know its there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place to dine...RossDined on 8/17/2014Our group ordered beef in various dishes: burger, steak, and prime rib sandwich. All delicious, high grade, melt in your mouth quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappontedanthymanDined on 8/9/2014My 2 friends and I were looking forward to higher quality meal than the one rec'd for lunch on 8/9/2014. We have had some great meals in past, but had not been to Lark Creek Steak in over a year or more. The food was poorly executed: French fries undercooked; 1/4 pound hamburger served on a small, slider style, bun that was to small for the actual patty, soggy tomato, limp lettuce. Yet 1/2 pound burger was on a regular sized bun. Service was spotty at best, having to ask for water and condiments several times before getting them. Unfortunately we will not be returning.
- Slipping Since Ismael LeftInExileVIPDined on 8/2/2014It pains me to write this review because Lark Creek has been my "go to" steak restaurant for years. Unfortunately, since the departure of their chef a month or so ago, the kitchen has slipped. Steaks ordered well-done come out cold and barely cooked. I left hungry. Time from order to entre has doubled. Sides ordered never arrive. The wait staff do their best to compensate and are invariably pleasant and understanding. I hope they can get their act together.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The staff of Lark's Creek is not welcoming or helpful at all. It started with the hostess. She welcoming to us at all. She acted as if we were a nuisance. The restaurant atmosphere is quite nice and comfortable. Our table for two was not fully set. There were no water glasses because they had run out. We had to wait over 30 minutes for the waiter to greet us and offer us drink. He joked that he had to take water glasses from another table because they had run out. after 45 minutes, our order was taken. Another hour later we received our dinner and my medium well stake was rare. When my stake finally came, it was delicious. The food is tremendous, but the service is poor. The bill came to $125.00 for two. No wine or alcohol. I expected moreSpecial Features:
- Fabulous find!KaymDined on 8/2/2014The food and service were amazing. A basic steak house menu but everything was prepared well, nice presentation and timely.Special Features:
- To be avoidedDocDoc40VIPDined on 7/23/2014Sauces served were in a word disgusting . Very overpriced and under quality . In a town with so many really great resteraunts, do not waste your time and dollars with this one.
- Sarcastic server and mini portionsKrisVIPDined on 7/22/2014Chose this restaurant based on a friend's recommendation a few years ago. Completely regret it. Should have known from the moment I arrived that even during the peak of lunch hour it was deserted. Our server alternated between curt and missing. Each time we tried to get his attention he seemed annoyed. We ordered a meal sized salad ($20), burger ($15) and soup and salad. The burger looked like it could have been ordered at Denny's, my meal sized salad was about ½ a cup of shredded romaine barely dressed and sprinkled with egg/bacon. The steak was a tough, cheap piece of meat and the soup was served in a drinking glass. Truly bizarre.
- Never disappointsagentdr8Dined on 7/19/2014My gf and I have been to Lark Creek many times over the past few years and the service and food are always spot-on. We especially enjoy the complimentary wild truffle soup that appears to be served seasonally. If the head chef at Lark Creek added it to the menu I'm positive it would be a hit (I know we'd order a full bowl each!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food / Great WineHeisenbergVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is a regular for us whenever we are in the City. We love Great Filets to go with our Great Cabs Lark Creek has all we need and a Great Bargain at the same timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sudden change for the worseJonPDined on 7/12/2014I've been a customer here for several years. I don't know if it was the fact that is was a Saturday night or that they may have changed management and staff, but it was really disappointing. The food was mediocre at best, but I do have to credit the manager for not charging us for the horrible caesar salads (yellow and tasteless) and baked potatoes (hard as rocks). The wait staff was not attentative at all and the food did not come out together, both of which have never happened here. And, though the two managers were pleasant, they looked disheveled and the whole place just didn't feel right. I had recommended going there to some out of town friends and was very embarassed.
- Best of WestfieldACEofSpadesVIPDined on 7/10/2014Tucked away on the fourth floor of Westfield. Great steaks, chops, and yes, seafood!! Wine list and full bar with some really good local craft beers combine to make a full dining experience. Get the dry-aged ribeye and/or the pork chop. Damn good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MurgieDined on 7/8/2014I have eaten at this restaurant at least 4 different times this year. While we were on a time crunch, I felt that the matier d gave our server too many tables at once which put more pressure on her to assist us. While the server was pleasant, you could tell she was pressured and speaking rather fast. I felt bad for her, while the other servers had less or no tables when we arrived. I would recommend that the matier d be more aware of sitting guests in all sections of the room instead of one section as the end result does affect the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaksmrB1VIPDined on 7/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner with great food and service. Our guests were visors from Japan and it made me proud to take them there. The whole evening was comfortable and easy to talk [especially difficult when using a translator] I would return here again for just ourselves anytime.Special Features:
- Very satisfied.OliviaDined on 7/5/2014We went because of their bottle 50% off wine list. This restaurant is in a shopping mall but once you step inside it is not that noticeable, however, my husband said he felt like he was sitting in a mall. The food was very good, my husband took the 3 course steak menu and I had the most delicious cheeseburger with fries, it was scrumptious. The salads were excellent. Service was good, although our waitress seemed overwhelmed, probably due to the 50% off wine list, it was a busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- OK food, but nothing specialtrekkievetDined on 6/23/2014According to my husband, the steak was just OK, nothing special. I was pretty disappointed by the "vegetarian option", an asparagus lasagna. The crispy asparagus on the top was wonderful, but the lasagna was cold in places on the inside. The only standout was the service. Our waiter, Milo, was very attentive and very impressive in his knowledge of the wines. My husband was quite happy with the wine our waiter recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!TiaritchVIPDined on 6/18/2014Yes this place is in a mall, but it is away from the hustle bustle and once you step in, you feel away from it all and relaxed. Service is absolutely outstanding. Warm, gracious, thoughtful. Very good wine list. We have been here for both lunch and dinner with no shopping on the agenda, it is that good. My favorites, the butterscotch pudding and the biscuits. But they know exactly how to handle a steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak lovers- this is your placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/18/2014The food is very good, and the service may be variable but we had an excellent waiter, who was friendly, witty and careful. It is worth the money.Special Features:
- Yum Yum!ChilllymostDined on 6/17/2014The kale, beet and ahi tuna salad I had for lunch was to die for. Absolutely scrumptious. The wait staff was attentive, but not intrusive. Love this spot for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Restaurant, Mediocre FoodfernetabouditDined on 6/15/2014It's an absolute shame that the service we recieved from our waiter and the food served did not match the beautiful ambiance and great menu this restaurant had to offer. Our server was friendly enough, however she kept forgetting things and having to return to the table, which actually became quite a nuisance over time. While the food, although being sourced with quality ingredients, was not cooked properly.I had the truffle-bri burger med-rare which came out well the first time, and med-well the second. She had the petit filet, medium which came out border line rare, med-rare. The restaurant was almost empty, not too much action in the kitchen. For a place that has "steakhouse" in the name they could really use some work on their temps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good LunchSFCAVIPDined on 6/15/2014Lark Creek Steak is a good place to have lunch if one is in the shopping center. When we ate there the restaurant was full which meant the service was slow. The Beauregard chardonnay was exceptional to my taste. The butterscotch pudding was good but then what more can one say about butterscotch budding?
- Dine About Town 2014PurplesilkDined on 6/11/2014My husband and I came here for the first time for their dine about town menu. It was a nice dining experience. The three course meal includes salad, New York steak and their signature pudding. All the dishes were very delicious especially the dessert. For the price we paid, it was a great deal. The service was a little bit slow but we didn't mind at all since we came here to enjoy the atmosphere and good food. We also order half bottle of red wine and price is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakhouse, not pretentiousgyghmboVIPDined on 6/8/2014If you are looking for somewhere right in the middle of everything Lark Creek Steakhouae is a good spot in a very centralized locTion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodcaliforniamarkDined on 6/8/2014Very good steaks and sides, but only so-so for service and ambience - more suited to business dinners than a night out with friends. Located in a mall with service to match, it is fine for an impersonal meal, but for a romantic dinner or a night out with friends, look for something with more character.Special Features:
- Not What I RememberJonoVIPDined on 6/7/2014Lark Creek used to be my favorite restaurant in SF. This time, service was unattentive and slow. Drinks were forgotten, empty after several requests, 2 glasses were dirty (1 with floaties inside the drink), requests for salad (certain dressings, no avocado) were ignored, and steak was terribly overcooked. Manager's concession was they have a new chef and he reminded that our server was his best. This was awkward and embarrassing. I won't be back to what was my all-time favorite.
- Nice restaurant in shopping centerMargaretBVIPDined on 6/7/2014Made reservations during Dine About Town. I have eaten at many different restaurants during restaurant week in SF and other cities. I was surprised that LarkCreek had only one choice for Dine About Town. I gave them 4-stars for food rather than 5 because of this limitation. My husband had the 3-course meal and I ordered a la carte pea-crusted halibut. My halibut was delicious and my husband's 3-course dinner was very good. The dinner began with an amuse bouche: cream of mushroom bisque with truffle foam--it was absolutely delicious. We had a very enjoyable, relaxing meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneytravelingeaterDined on 6/7/2014The food was not as good as we were expecting considering the price. I ordered a seafood dish and it came with several things not listed on the menu, including two flavored foams (I still have no idea what the flavors were supposed to be). My partner ordered a filet, it wasn't bad but also wasn't amazing. The waiter was very rude and innattentive. On two different occasions I asked him for things when he was standing at our table, but he was looking around at other tables while picking up/dropping off food and didn't even hear me. I'm not a quiet person, by the way, we just clearly were not his top priority. We absolutely would not go back.Special Features:
- excellent overallfoodluvrDined on 6/6/2014I came here on friday (6/6) for my birthday. It was extremely delicious. We started off with the baked oysters. I went on to having the most mouth watering king salmon with a side of extreamly creamy mashed potatoes and mushrooms(that we shared). My boyfriend had the ribeye steak which he loved. And for dessert we had the chocolate cremeux which was divine. By far the best food I have had in a long time. I did not want the night to end. Most definitely going back. Oh and the waiter was extremely friendly and continued to check up in us over the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndyDined on 6/6/2014Have eaten here many times and have always been very satisfied. Every food item is excellent. My only complaint is that my favorite item on the menu, Cobb salad, has been removed. According to our waiter, it was very popular and he could not explain its disappearance. The Little Gem salad is also very good, but my friends and I miss the Cobb, which was distinctive because it included apples -- a very refreshing addition. Other restaurants in this group, including Cupola and One Market, are also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014WE visit every now and then, especially Sundays or Mondays, to enjoy the Prime Rib steak!!! Always good and consistently amazing to have it. Service is excellent and the price is so reasonable.Special Features:
- Enjoyed AgainSFTempTransplantVIPDined on 5/31/2014This was a return visit and the quality of food and service were as good as the last time. I'll keep coming back, particularly since it's in my neighborhood.Special Features:
- An Outstanding Steak HouseOmNomMomVIPDined on 5/29/2014Yes, in a mall. Drop your preconceived notions and come eat here. We chose this for our last night in San Francisco, and all of us were delighted. We are Peter Luger steak fanatics from the East Coast, and even my husband, who never hands out kudos lightly, agreed that this meal was "Outstanding". Easy to book a reservation. Close to Union Square and Market Street. Beautiful interior (yes, in a mall!) Greeted cordially by host, then by Jeff, our wonderful waiter who made recommendations that were excellent. Our group had - biscuits for appetizer, a variety of steaks - I had the grass-fed option which was deeply flavored with a nice char crust and cooked perfectly (rare). Creamed spinach and mashed potatoes. Outstanding evening.Special Features:
- Great place, great steaksTookbankDined on 5/22/2014This is not the first time visit at this restaurant, it is almost a planned visit each time I travel to San Francisco. Always like the steaks, great sides, and closing with dessert. Service is great too, always knowledgeable about the food and the wine.Special Features:
- Most EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/22/2014This was my first time dining here... the serivice was outstanding... the waiter was knowledgable and helpful. Will dine there again soon!Special Features:
- Always deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014This is the second time I have eaten at Lark Creek. The food was excellent both times. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. It rivals some if the top rated steak houses in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Nice Surprise!SFTempTransplantVIPDined on 5/14/2014I went to Lark Creek thinking it was a mall restaurant on the order of Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn's. However, what a pleasant surprise to find a very nice, more upscale, unpretentious experience. The food was excellent. My dining partner's lamb shank practically fell off the bone. My pork chop was cook perfectly, as I ordered it well but charred and not dry. Our waiter was very attentive. I can't wait to return to this delightful place! Next time, maybe I'll sit at the counter facing the open kitchen.Special Features: