Lark Creek Steak
845 Market Street - 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Lark Creek Steak
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.larkcreeksteak.com/
- Phone: 4155934100x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday Lunch- 11:30 am-2:00 pm
Monday-Friday Dinner- 5:30 pm-9:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm- 9:30 pm
Sunday- 12:00 pm- 9:00 pm
Happy Hour- 4:00 pm- 6:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Aaron Wright
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: FRONT ROW SEATS AVAILABLE
Join us for lunch or dinner at our Chef's Counter, where you can take in lively cooking demonstrations by Chef Ishmael Macias and his team of culinarians.
Enjoy special "only at the counter" 4-course lunch and 6-course dinner tasting menus - featuring the best of LarkCreek Steak - and served by the chefs themselves. Or, order from the regular menu and just enjoy the show. Reservations accepted; walk-ins always welcome.
- Special Events: Planning a SPECIAL EVENT? Our "Larkspur Room" is the perfect place to host up to 42 guests for a special evening. Arrangements may be made with Beth Brown by calling (415) 593-7100 or by email at BethBrown@larkcreek.com
- Cross Street: 5th Street (4th Floor of the San Francisco Centre)
- Public Transit: Bart and Muni are convenient ways to travel to the Westfield San Francisco Centre. There is an entryway directly into the center at the Powell Street station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For your convenience, Westfield San Francisco Centre provides valet parking. The valet is located on 5th Street between Mission & Market Streets (outside Nordstrom). With validation from LarkCreek®Steak, the price for 3 hours is reduced to only $10 dollars. For access to the restaurant, enter the Centre through the doors on 5th Street and walk all the way through the Centre past CocoaBella Chocolates. Use the elevators to access the 4th floor (Dome Level).
A word from Lark Creek Steak
Inspired by the Bay Area's plentiful bounty of fresh products, Lark Creek Steak offers a menu that combines the classic and the new with an abundance of USDA Prime Steaks, fish, vegetable and dessert options to satisfy the palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lark Creek Steak reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (23)romantic (22)great for lunch (20)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ToughbbqRibs4meDined on 10/18/2014Well, it was a first for California Grass-fed NY Steak, and I as the title notes, it was tough. I've had NY Strips, (maybe they are not the same as a NY Steak ??) and they were all harder to chew than, say a ribeye, but the one I had has to rate among the toughest I have ever had. The flavor was OK, but not exceptional. ... so you want a NY Strip ?? Try the one at 5A5 or Epic Roasthouse. I'll come back to Lark Creek Steak again. The butterscotch pudding was exceptional, the location is great, the service terrific, ambience, I might even say better than Lark Creek Inn, but for NY Steak ... pass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like this place but...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014The salads were delicious. I had the pre fixe menu. The steak was a bit tougher than I had hoped for. It was supposed to come with mashed potatoes which never appeared. My dining partner ordered fries which felt like they were warmed over. His filet was delicious though. The dessert was quite tasty too. For the price, I don't know if I'd go back.
- TrooperTrooperDined on 10/18/2014We were promptly seated and the waitstaff was friendly and not afraid to make food recommendations. We ate burgers and the prime rib sandwich. Both were delicious. The burger meat was so tasty that next time I would keep mine on the simple side so the meat flavor could predominate. Good job Lark Creek!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceEd2657Dined on 10/16/2014Wonderful food, wonderful drinks, the best service - highly recommended - we had dinner before a show - such a memorable meal. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive Steak - Poor QualityBizDinerDined on 10/14/2014I took a client to this restaurant as a sort of thank-you. The quality of the $60 Steak was unbelievable compared to other Steak-houses in the area. I would definitely not recommend that dish. Granted I attended the restaurant during Dreamforce in SF which is peak time. However, the food served was inferior tourist food - not on par with a good steakhouse.
- Great food long waitRealGoodVIPDined on 10/14/2014The steaks, particularly the Waygu beef, were excellent. There was a large group from a convention and the kitchen couldn't handle the numbers. Waited almost an hour for our order. Others waited longerI would recommend this to a friend.
- JanMCMLXXXIIDined on 10/11/2014It's a pricey steakhouse and the meat is of accordingly high quality. Ordered medium rare, got exactly that. Very friendly staff. The waiter did not try to talk us into ordering more expensive options - much appreciated.Special Features:
- My new "Special Event" steak placeBstu4evrDined on 10/4/2014Used to go over to Ruth Chris to celebrate birthdays or anniversaries, but Lark Creek hits the flavor mark at a higher level without smothering everything with tons of butter. The steak and mashed potatoes are phenomenal and you actually feel like you can enjoy the desserts AND YOU SHOULD AND WILL IF YOU IMBIBE!!!! My suggestion, skip the individual desserts and even if there are just two of you get the trio. Not to be missed is the Valrhona Chocolate Cremeux and their Famous Butterscotch Pudding. I've been known to stop in just for the trio (I can be a bit self-indulgent at times) with a friend getting 2 of the Cremeux and the Pudding. Sooooo wonderfully delicious!Special Features:
- fantastic eveningPepsDined on 9/30/2014We went 3 adults, one 5y old and 10 months baby for dinner. The put us in a room a bit more quiet and with plenty space for the stroller and high chair. Service was good and the manager very friendly and helpful with the kids. The halibut and the steaks were delicious and well cook. Nice presentation . The only reason i don't give a 5 its because i would have prefer a little more light.its was hard to read the menu. I knew the Lark Creek from Walnut Creek, I would say this one has a faster service and the decoration its very sophisticated. I will like to go back!!! My friends from Europe were really please I book here!!!Special Features:
- Business lunch during conventionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2014In a San Francisco for a very large user group meeting, I picked Lark Creek from Open Table for a business lunch based on favorable ratings and proximity to Moscone Center. One guest, and only one guest, was confused by the 4th-floor-in-a-mall location. We found: varied menu, delicious lunch, wonderful service, n a perfect setting. Recommended without hesitation. Save room for desert.
- Lark CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Food was very good. Located at the mall in the middle of SF it is a great place to wind down with a nice bar, good food and great service.Special Features:
- It was just "ok"kkycocoVIPDined on 9/26/2014The hostess and bartender server were great, both very friendly. The waiter - not so much. Very pretentious. Food was okay. I had the 8 oz filet and ordered it medium - came medium rare. Potato was good. I took my 14 year old grandson here before going to the Theatre. He, of course, being 14, ordered the steak burger. Ordered it well done and it came medium. All in all, it was just "ok."
- Off Night?GotTipsyDined on 9/25/2014Not sure if we experienced an off night or what, but boy howdy was this outing a bummer. Tepid service (felt like we were a bother to our server), food was so-so. Willing to give this spot one more shot based on previous visits.
- A steak lovers dreamOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was wonderful. I love the biscuits. They had fried green tomatoes as an appetizer. My only complaint is that we had tickets to Mo Town and ran out of time. You need more than two hours or this is not a good place to go before the theater. Our friends had dessert coming with their meal and they did not have time.Special Features:
- Very Lovely Atmosphere for TwozipgracieDined on 9/16/2014We loved the food and presentation. Our waiter was fabulous and everything was great. When my pork chop arrived very uncooked, it was promptly dealt with. We would love to be able to go back some day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical "fancy" steak houseFussycustomerDined on 9/16/2014Excellent service, good atmosphere, nice wines by the glass. A small filet, at $43, looks mighty lonely on the plate, accompanied by a small dish of $9 green beans. The non-steak entrees were very good, priced in the $25+ range and actually included a small amount of vegetables. The filet was fine, but not markedly better than the filet you can buy at Costco. The expensive a la carte model is typical for these types of steak houses, I don't think you get much value for your money. I would not return.
- Average?YumYumDined on 9/15/2014This was my first time at Lark Creek Steak so my impressions should be taken with a grain of salt... Boring menu, boring food ... amuse bouche was absolutely tasteless (supposedly a mushroom soup), salad was OK but nothing to write home about, steak was too salty and the accompanying blue cheese sauce had a totally unappetizing dark gray / green / blue color ... and it tasted just like its color suggested it would taste. The French fries were overly greasy. I hope that other customers had more luck.
- Terrible quality steakJuliusDined on 9/13/2014Booked easily online and seated immediately. All staff very polite with quick service. Sides were strong point of meal (including whipped potatoes and mushrooms). Quality of both steaks was horrendous, and left us feeling fleeced. To serve a bone-in rib eye for $58 that was unchewable at times with poor flavour throughout extremely disappointing. By far the worst ribeye I have ever had, either home cooked or at a steakhouse. The 10 oz New York was also very mediocre. Perhaps the waygu cuts may be edible, but I would strongly recommend another place to drop $150.
- ReliableApplebuttrzDined on 9/13/2014Predictably good food, service; quiet enough for conversation. French fries tasted frozen. Large party, so kitchen ran out of bernaise (!) and food took an hour to come to table. Bar ran out of aperitif, as well. In SF, you can do much better for the $$$ but you pay for convenient location.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant at Westfieldlunch42Dined on 9/12/2014It's rare to find an excellent restaurant in a shopping center atmosphere, but Lark Creek Steak is definitely the exception. The food is always excellent and the service staff is very friendly and efficient. They have an extensive wine list and excellent coffee. The reason for the four stars instead of five is that I find the price for lunch a little high, even for the City. On a recent lunch date, the price per person was $55.00 and we both had salads.Special Features:
- Great upscale steakhouseTracySVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had a wonderful evening starting with the blood orange cosmos recommended by our server which were delicious. The salads included an heirloom tomato and an iceberg wedge both of which were very good. The chef had prepared complimentary mushroom soup tasters that were out of this world. We both ordered filets which were cooked perfectly, and shared sides of baked potato and sauteed mushrooms which were both tasty. Be advised, as with many steakhouses, everything is ala carte. All of the wait staff was excellent. Our water glasses were always full, and our table promptly cleared. Our server, Jeff, was amazing. Extensive wine list and full bar. Mall location is not ideal, but interior is trendy and inviting.Special Features:
- Decent Steak HouseJayinSFDined on 9/5/2014Food wasn't bad, but also wasn't anything to rave about. Presentation was that of a top rated steak house but food was decent. A little too pricey for the quality.Special Features:
- OK place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Food was ok, service was just ok also. Desserts were good. If you do go here try the pot roast, was the best meal of the group.Special Features:
- Unfriendly WaiterDaveDined on 9/5/2014Our waiter was extremely unfriendly. He acted like it was a bother every time we asked for something. Food was okay. Prices for a restaurant inside a mall were high.
- Not impressedSly631Dined on 9/3/2014The food at Lark Creek would be so much better if everything was NOT ala carte. My husband and I had steak and halibut Caesar salad gazpacho and wine.. Our bill was around $200.00. Not a good value for what you get.
- Classic ambience. Attentive staffPatdinesVIPDined on 8/30/2014We finished with a dessert. Two scoops of vanilla ice cream served with two containers one with homemade chocolate sauce the other caramel. Plus bowl of slivered almonds. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a surprisingly good steakOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014I'm always surprised at how much I like Lark Creek Steak. It's in the mall, in a corner. It doesn't look very promising when you walk in, even though I've been there before. Inside, it's a great space. Service is generally pretty good. The cocktails are good, and the wine list goes well with the meals. The steaks are always cooked well, and the sides go well with them. I've never been a big fan of their dessert list, but there's a nice chocolate shop in the mall that solves that problem neatly.Special Features:
- Excellent Expense Account MenuttommyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Very good food, but a little precious in its atmosphere and a little pricy. The portions and the pours are generous.Special Features:
- Horrible Food & Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I was absolutely shocked at the quality of food and service received on Monday, August 25. This place is quite pricey & you would expect grade A food & service - this was not the case for us. We were entertaining guests & throughout the evening, our server was so forgetful & delayed with bringing us our food, drinks, etc. that he stopped coming to our table! The manager apologized on behalf of the restaurant, but she herself forgot to bring us the check & dessert menu (since our waiter disappeared). We chased someone else down, cashed out, & as we were leaving - she saw us & covered her face, running away. It took us 4.5 hours to eat a horrible meal (steaks undercooked, wrong sides delivered, & continual msg "we're now out of that beer")
- Backup option onlySalesEngineerDined on 8/24/2014Food and drinks delivery was very slow and waiter attention was rare. Might consider trying again but only as a backup option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- open table08212014Dined on 8/23/2014My name is Joy Erickson. I purchased a gift card through Open Table website for a birthday surprise . I purchased the card a few days prior to reservation. The email was suppose to be delivered on August 23rd 2014 to Tina Swinford. Because the email was not sent, the enitre surprised was ruined. After many calls to inform them, forwarded emails of the receipt- the restuarant did not know how to handle the issue. They had never done this type of transaction before. Even though they had the confirmation number. The waitress did not know how to ring it up, nor did a manager. I was very disappointed with the whole experience. I had to call them as well and send them my email with purchase and it took over 35 minutes to handle.Special Features:
- Shopping Mall GemburrphilDined on 8/22/2014Do not be deterred by the fact that this creative kitchen of high consistency exists within a large, urban shopping mall. And do not, as well, lump it in with the plethora of tired "steak houses" one stumbles upon from coast to coast. LCS provides high levels of cuisine and service for a delightful lunch or elegant dinner. As with every trip we've made to this Bay Area specialty, our wait person (and everyone else who helped in our experience) was first rate, fully professional and attentive without ever hovering. The food has a consistent freshness to it and the menu provides some of the finest meat cuts we have found in San Francisco. In addition, side items are featured in modest proportions and the dessert menu is superb. Go hungry!Special Features:
- High Prices & Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014My first experience here was so bad, mostly the service, and the manager did the 1 thing that could get me to return - gave me a gift certificate for $ 50. So I did. The service was better, but there was nothing memorable about the food, except the prices. $ 9 for a small side of just acceptable, but pretty bland, creamed spinach. Small side of french fries (also $ 9) were almost undercooked. Really unremarkable, although the sauce they came with was good. Filets were also unremarkable. Ordered medium-rare, came out rare. Fairly tasty, but nothing to return for...
- Solid choicealwayseatingDined on 8/17/2014I was a bit nervous when I saw the conflicting reviews for Lark Creek. Our experience was alot more positive. Staff was super attentative and friendly. We all got steaks (mostly filet mignon). They came out juicy and perfectly cooked. Wine list was extensive. Sides were all good. All in all this was a solid choice for us and would definitely return. One small note: you need to go in the mall to get in so most people in there know its there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place to dine...RossDined on 8/17/2014Our group ordered beef in various dishes: burger, steak, and prime rib sandwich. All delicious, high grade, melt in your mouth quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappontedanthymanDined on 8/9/2014My 2 friends and I were looking forward to higher quality meal than the one rec'd for lunch on 8/9/2014. We have had some great meals in past, but had not been to Lark Creek Steak in over a year or more. The food was poorly executed: French fries undercooked; 1/4 pound hamburger served on a small, slider style, bun that was to small for the actual patty, soggy tomato, limp lettuce. Yet 1/2 pound burger was on a regular sized bun. Service was spotty at best, having to ask for water and condiments several times before getting them. Unfortunately we will not be returning.
- Slipping Since Ismael LeftInExileVIPDined on 8/2/2014It pains me to write this review because Lark Creek has been my "go to" steak restaurant for years. Unfortunately, since the departure of their chef a month or so ago, the kitchen has slipped. Steaks ordered well-done come out cold and barely cooked. I left hungry. Time from order to entre has doubled. Sides ordered never arrive. The wait staff do their best to compensate and are invariably pleasant and understanding. I hope they can get their act together.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The staff of Lark's Creek is not welcoming or helpful at all. It started with the hostess. She welcoming to us at all. She acted as if we were a nuisance. The restaurant atmosphere is quite nice and comfortable. Our table for two was not fully set. There were no water glasses because they had run out. We had to wait over 30 minutes for the waiter to greet us and offer us drink. He joked that he had to take water glasses from another table because they had run out. after 45 minutes, our order was taken. Another hour later we received our dinner and my medium well stake was rare. When my stake finally came, it was delicious. The food is tremendous, but the service is poor. The bill came to $125.00 for two. No wine or alcohol. I expected moreSpecial Features:
- Fabulous find!KaymDined on 8/2/2014The food and service were amazing. A basic steak house menu but everything was prepared well, nice presentation and timely.Special Features:
- To be avoidedDocDoc40VIPDined on 7/23/2014Sauces served were in a word disgusting . Very overpriced and under quality . In a town with so many really great resteraunts, do not waste your time and dollars with this one.