Lark Creek Newport Beach
957 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lark Creek Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkcreeknb.com/
- Phone: 9496406700x
- Hours of Operation:
M-F Lunch: 11:30am-2:00pm
Sat & Sun Brunch: 11:30am-2:00pm
Sunday-Thursday Dinner: 5pm-9pm
Friday & Sat Dinner: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Pitt & Andrew Guardado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact us about your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate groups of up to 40 for cocktail receptions and 34 seated diners in our private dining room. Larger groups can be accommodated by utilizing the adjacent semi-private room, and the entire restaurant can be reserved. The private dining room features a separate sound system, dedicated video, wifi and video conferencing capabilities. Contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Chad Sisco 9496406700x
- Special Events: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
A word from Lark Creek Newport Beach
Lark Creek Newport Beach, Lark Creek Restaurant Group's first Southern California restaurant, is located at Fashion Island. The restaurant offers diners seasonal, sustainable farm-fresh cuisine, perfect for the coastal lifestyle, and a sophisticated bar program with artisanal cocktails, craft beer, and an exceptional wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lark Creek Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (8)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great food despite the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our proteins were cooked very well and perfectly paired with seasonal vegetables. Unfortunately, the noise level was higher than anticipated on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Waited over an hour for food...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014While the food was pretty good and the staff was quite friendly, we waited well over an hour to receive our entrees. For a rather pricey meal, this seemed unacceptable. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent foodgoldharvDined on 10/4/2014Been meaning to go for a while. Saw a review on the roast cauliflower and decided to try it. Really, really good and very unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Empty... And now we know why.fabulousmealVIPDined on 10/2/2014Such a disappointment! We read the review in the OC Weekly re: one of the top 10, not to be missed, well we could have missed it. The decor and layout is GREAT- fantastic indoor-outdoor spaces, lighting WAS good until they realized no one was in the restaurant and they raised the lights! The lights (literally ON the table) are SO ridiculous and bright we had to cover it with a napkin so the glare was not in our eyes! Service was friendly. But the food- Oh no. The chickpea fries were good and that is where it stops. The mushroom tart was mainly pastry - definitely no Caramelized onions to speak of. The entrees took FOREVER (we were the ONLY ones in the restaurant) and when they came were cold. Steak mushy, mahi mahi very odd flavor.
- Memorable LunchdidonpegsusmarDined on 10/1/2014I met 4 friends for lunch and we had a quiet table. We had great service, a very good lunch and a lot of uninterrupted time to visit. One of the waitresses overheard my friend and I talking about celebrating 2 birthdays and in 5 minutes we had 2 complimentary deserts delivered to our table. Delicious butterscotch pudding was served on an embellished plate beautifully written with Hapy Birthday! I would definitely return here!Special Features:
- Great menu and tasteCB2005Dined on 9/27/2014Menu had great fresh items and the service was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to TablenewportfoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014We've dined a Lark Creek twice and the food is good, however, the menu is very small and does not change often enough. We had the special tomato tart as a starter but it was more like a flat pastry with tomatoes, mushrooms and nuts. It was topped with a large salad, which was unusual; it was lacking in flavor, but it was very fresh. For entrees we had the pork chop and the salmon; both were good, but not outstanding. We brought our own bottle of Lucia Pinot Noir and corkage is minimal at $15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Had the Spring Sipper cocktail (waiter/bar staff kind enough to modify the request from a Summer Sipper to Spring Sipper, so I was impressed with that level of service). My date and I shared the cauliflower, which is spectacular, loved the red sauce with it! For main course we each got the lemon Meyer chicken, prepared very well and moist but I wished there was more lemon taste to it. The basil mashed potato was delicious too, but wished there was more basil flavor too. Otherwise the ambiance was amazing and the service was great.Special Features:
- What service!AliGDined on 9/21/2014The service was amazing. The ambiance was relaxing, and the food was amazing. Try a mocktail- so refreshing and not too sweet. and the chocolate creme brulee was absolutely divine. Enjoy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Amazing service, Jimmy was all over our table. Seemed to anticipate everything we needed. Food was great. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014What a great dinner! Service and food were amazing. The BBQ chicken tamale pancake is a must have. I can't believe how good their specialty cocktails are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Nothing significant or innovative about the food. Food and staff were mediocre.
- DisappointedLadywholunchesDined on 9/13/2014I had lunch here on a Saturday and the restaurant was nearly empty. So the service was great and the noise level was non-existent. My friend and I both had the cobb salads, which were decidedly mediocre. They were fast food restaurant quality. Later, she realized hers did not even include the chicken! I have been here before when the food was better, but this was definitely a disappointment.
- Lark Creek ExperienceFoodiefanDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed Lark Creek... Great atmosphere, good food and service. I would highly recommend Lark Creek for business or ladies lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingDined on 9/7/2014Although we live in the area, this was our first time at Lark Creek. They have a nice patio and that's why we decided to try it. It was a disappointing experience. Food was okay, not bad not great or unique. Certainly not up to their PR.
- delicious!scrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 9/7/2014We came in to celebrate a birthday lunch and our waiter recommended the skirt steak when I was undecided; I was thrilled with the suggested dish. He brought a butterscotch pudding for a birthday dessert and my guest LOVED it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fear for the feastEppieCuriousVIPDined on 8/18/2014The salads was not edible. Soggy overdressed old vegetables. The hamburger was fine. Tuna poky was mediocre to poor. The restaurant was empty two people inside and the service was nonexistent.Special Features:
- Good food, convenientOccasionalIndulgerVIPDined on 8/18/2014Sometimes piled with a noisy crowd (Fri-Sat) and sometimes just a nice quiet spot for dinner (Mon). Chickpea fries are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoniDined on 8/18/2014I had the fish tacos; it was good, but not great for the price. Service was nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Love this place!BonBriVIPDined on 8/5/2014We really like this restaurant and especially enjoy dinner at the bar after work. Food is fresh, creative and yummySpecial Features:
- Great fooddekedayDined on 8/2/2014Just loved this restaurant. The food was excellent. Our waiter was attentive without being pushy or overbearing...we did not get that rushed feeling to complete our meal you get in some restaurants. When we first entered I thought it was going to be very loud, but we we able to talk without difficulty. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Food Good, Bar HorribleOCFoodieDined on 8/2/2014My husband ordered an Absolut vodka, and I ordered a Thai pina colada. The waiter came back to our table and said that they had run out of Absolut--on a Saturday night at 6:30. That's shameful. If I were the manager I would have sent a busboy to Whole Foods to buy some. So we ordered Grey Goose instead. I ordered a Thai pina colada. It was not cold and it smelled bad. They put it over ice after I complained and it still smelled odd and tasted bad (smelled like Simple Green and rotten fruit). They replaced it with a mojito, which was not bad. BBQ chicken tostada was great, as were the padron peppers and the free range chicken. Our friends were disappointed with their overcooked pork chops and halibut.
- Great food, great waitressRosebudDined on 7/29/2014I had been there once before and took a friend here when we decided to grab dinner. I had the salmon and she had the chicken and we tried the chickpea fries. They were quite unique, I don't know if I will have them again but I am glad our waitress recommended them. They were fun to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- questionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014We went on Saturday noon, and the restaurant was almost empty. The food was fine and the service very good. I am puzzled about the lack of diners. Was it the time or ?Special Features:
- Description of food on menuBarkusDined on 7/17/2014We ordered the Pork Chop which was to come with a side described as; baby kale, quinoa, cherry, almonds,and baby beets. There was no kale, it was arugula and there were no baby beets. The pork chop was also a bit dried. On a good note, our waiter; Ryan was very accommodating and an excellant server.
- Great appetizersNewFigDined on 7/13/2014Try the corn soup, deviled eggs and cheddar biscuits were great. Nice place to get appetizers while shopping.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedSjjjDined on 7/5/2014Food quality good, over priced. Very limited menu. Difficult to say which customers restraunt wants to attract. Service excellent.Special Features:
- The following 165 reviews are from the Lark Creek Newport Beach reviews archive.
- Creative and originalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014First time at Lark Creek and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Creative menu, dishes all very tastefully prepared and visually appealing. Would definitely return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option for Fashion IslandNeilEDined on 5/25/2014We tried this place on the strength of their vegetarian options. A few dishes were strong and a few weren't. Probably the best was the cauliflower. It is a whole head with seasoning that goes through to the base and is served with three "toppings." Chickpea fries were interesting -- worth a try. Strawberry gazpacho was basically a strawberry smoothie in a bowl -- not what I expected but then I'm not sure what I expected. The spring risotto was okay but quite bland. The wine list had a nice selection of reasonably-priced options.
- Modern meets shabby chicRonaDined on 5/19/2014Lark Creek is a very comfortable eatery whether you dine inside or out. The ambiance and decor is very inviting. The food is fabulous whether it's a gourmet burger or flat iron steak w/ grilled veggies. Desserts are equally indulgent. The micro beers, specialty cocktails and wine list are also impressive. If you are looking for something a little different for a special occasion, first date ( or second), or just a nice lunch/dinner definitely try Lark Creek. They do an outstanding job in all categories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmospherefriendDined on 5/17/2014Very good design, nice tables and booths, enough light to easily read the menu, great service, but very mediocre food - poor for the prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Dinner was exceptionally good! Nice wine selection. Porkchop was excellent. Love the half portions on the dinner menu. Don't miss out on the Chocolate Pecan Turtle Tart. Good front of the house and service. They have a nice happy hour menu too.Special Features:
- Good Happy Hour/Early DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2014Tried this place after seeing a movie nearby and went in for an early dinner. They do happy hour even on the weekends so we tried a few things from the HH menu. The short rib tacos and the deviled eggs were my favorite. The calamari was pretty good and the three different dipping sauces that came with it were all different yet very tasty. Tried the tamale pancake as well and thought it was good but definitely a little different from anything I have seen before. I liked that there were a lot of things to try on the menu. Drinks were pretty good. They have quite a few whiskey drinks. Would like to try the dinner menu sometime and see how that is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014Ordered two prime ribs, their special that day. Meat was very stringy. Told the waiter to tell the chef. No one came out to acknowledge. We may still come back and try their suckling roast on Saturdays.
- Birthday?BirthdayGirlDined on 4/29/2014When I made the reservation online, Open Table asked if this dinner was a special occasion. I noted that it was my birthday. Then when we got to the restaurant, the hostess asked whose birthday is was in our party. I told her it was mine. The birthday was never acknowledged by our server. I'm not really looking for a free dessert, but why did they ask in the first place if they weren't going to celebrate? Also, I saw on Yelp a picture of a dessert with "Happy Birthday" written next to it. So they must do something for birthdays, right? Just not me I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Local spotJaDeGirL01Dined on 4/26/2014Lark Creek is great for special occasions because of the high caliber food. It's pricey, so not everyone can afford to dine here daily. They do offer daily happy hour from 3-6 pm. I enjoyed the Saturday night special of whole roasted suckling pig with orzo mac and cheese. The pork was juicy and flavorful. The mac and cheese had chunks of asparagus that was perfect in texture. The atmosphere is vibrant and not stuffy. It's a great place for a date.Special Features:
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have dined in the restaurant many times. Their food and services have been consistently great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/26/2014The food at Lark Creek was excellent - all 3 diners were very impressed with their different orders. Even though it was a chilly day the large table we found on the patio had a heater nearby which made dining outside very comfortable. The service was competent with a fairly knowledgable waiter. We have eaten there a couple of times previously and have always had very good food and enjoyed a pleasurable dining experience. Some of the dishes on the menu are unusual in the sense that they are not found on many menus - but each item we have tried we have been very satisfied with. We will continue to frequent Lark Creek - and will recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good as a First Timer DinernewportfoodieVIPDined on 4/19/2014We had waited for several months before venturing to this Fashion Island restaurant. We had heard mixed reviews but from our perspective, the food and service were great. We had the rockfish cerviche and asparagus soup with truffle cream for appetizers and the Alaskan halibut and Suckling pig (a Saturday item) for dinner. We brought a good bottle of Lucia Pinot Noir and the corkage was only $15. All the food was delicious and the portions were more than adequate. We'll definitely come back here again as well dine out every week. A point to remember -- this place is very open and can get busy/noisy so the earlier you dine the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedJulieDined on 4/12/2014Was pleasanty surprised. Had the risotto with garden fresh vegatables and it was perfectly cooked with the crunch still in the veggies. The other entree's also were enjoyed by my fellow diners, the filet was raved about and the burgers were divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.