Lark Creek Newport Beach
957 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lark Creek Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkcreeknb.com/
- Phone: 9496406700x
- Hours of Operation:
M-F Lunch: 11:30am-2:00pm
Sat & Sun Brunch: 11:30am-2:00pm
Sunday-Thursday Dinner: 5pm-9pm
Friday & Sat Dinner: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Pitt & Andrew Guardado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact us about your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate groups of up to 40 for cocktail receptions and 34 seated diners in our private dining room. Larger groups can be accommodated by utilizing the adjacent semi-private room, and the entire restaurant can be reserved. The private dining room features a separate sound system, dedicated video, wifi and video conferencing capabilities. Contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Chad Sisco 9496406700x
- Special Events: Please contact email@example.com for additional information.
A word from Lark Creek Newport Beach
Lark Creek Newport Beach, Lark Creek Restaurant Group's first Southern California restaurant, is located at Fashion Island. The restaurant offers diners seasonal, sustainable farm-fresh cuisine, perfect for the coastal lifestyle, and a sophisticated bar program with artisanal cocktails, craft beer, and an exceptional wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lark Creek Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (7)special occasion (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Amazing service, Jimmy was all over our table. Seemed to anticipate everything we needed. Food was great. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014What a great dinner! Service and food were amazing. The BBQ chicken tamale pancake is a must have. I can't believe how good their specialty cocktails are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Nothing significant or innovative about the food. Food and staff were mediocre.
- DisappointedLadywholunchesDined on 9/13/2014I had lunch here on a Saturday and the restaurant was nearly empty. So the service was great and the noise level was non-existent. My friend and I both had the cobb salads, which were decidedly mediocre. They were fast food restaurant quality. Later, she realized hers did not even include the chicken! I have been here before when the food was better, but this was definitely a disappointment.
- Lark Creek ExperienceFoodiefanDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed Lark Creek... Great atmosphere, good food and service. I would highly recommend Lark Creek for business or ladies lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingDined on 9/7/2014Although we live in the area, this was our first time at Lark Creek. They have a nice patio and that's why we decided to try it. It was a disappointing experience. Food was okay, not bad not great or unique. Certainly not up to their PR.
- delicious!scrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 9/7/2014We came in to celebrate a birthday lunch and our waiter recommended the skirt steak when I was undecided; I was thrilled with the suggested dish. He brought a butterscotch pudding for a birthday dessert and my guest LOVED it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fear for the feastEppieCuriousDined on 8/18/2014The salads was not edible. Soggy overdressed old vegetables. The hamburger was fine. Tuna poky was mediocre to poor. The restaurant was empty two people inside and the service was nonexistent.Special Features:
- Good food, convenientOccasionalIndulgerVIPDined on 8/18/2014Sometimes piled with a noisy crowd (Fri-Sat) and sometimes just a nice quiet spot for dinner (Mon). Chickpea fries are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoniDined on 8/18/2014I had the fish tacos; it was good, but not great for the price. Service was nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Love this place!BonBriVIPDined on 8/5/2014We really like this restaurant and especially enjoy dinner at the bar after work. Food is fresh, creative and yummySpecial Features:
- Great fooddekedayDined on 8/2/2014Just loved this restaurant. The food was excellent. Our waiter was attentive without being pushy or overbearing...we did not get that rushed feeling to complete our meal you get in some restaurants. When we first entered I thought it was going to be very loud, but we we able to talk without difficulty. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Food Good, Bar HorribleOCFoodieDined on 8/2/2014My husband ordered an Absolut vodka, and I ordered a Thai pina colada. The waiter came back to our table and said that they had run out of Absolut--on a Saturday night at 6:30. That's shameful. If I were the manager I would have sent a busboy to Whole Foods to buy some. So we ordered Grey Goose instead. I ordered a Thai pina colada. It was not cold and it smelled bad. They put it over ice after I complained and it still smelled odd and tasted bad (smelled like Simple Green and rotten fruit). They replaced it with a mojito, which was not bad. BBQ chicken tostada was great, as were the padron peppers and the free range chicken. Our friends were disappointed with their overcooked pork chops and halibut.
- Great food, great waitressRosebudDined on 7/29/2014I had been there once before and took a friend here when we decided to grab dinner. I had the salmon and she had the chicken and we tried the chickpea fries. They were quite unique, I don't know if I will have them again but I am glad our waitress recommended them. They were fun to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- questionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014We went on Saturday noon, and the restaurant was almost empty. The food was fine and the service very good. I am puzzled about the lack of diners. Was it the time or ?Special Features:
- Description of food on menuBarkusDined on 7/17/2014We ordered the Pork Chop which was to come with a side described as; baby kale, quinoa, cherry, almonds,and baby beets. There was no kale, it was arugula and there were no baby beets. The pork chop was also a bit dried. On a good note, our waiter; Ryan was very accommodating and an excellant server.
- Great appetizersNewFigDined on 7/13/2014Try the corn soup, deviled eggs and cheddar biscuits were great. Nice place to get appetizers while shopping.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedSjjjDined on 7/5/2014Food quality good, over priced. Very limited menu. Difficult to say which customers restraunt wants to attract. Service excellent.Special Features:
- Creative and originalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014First time at Lark Creek and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Creative menu, dishes all very tastefully prepared and visually appealing. Would definitely return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option for Fashion IslandNeilEDined on 5/25/2014We tried this place on the strength of their vegetarian options. A few dishes were strong and a few weren't. Probably the best was the cauliflower. It is a whole head with seasoning that goes through to the base and is served with three "toppings." Chickpea fries were interesting -- worth a try. Strawberry gazpacho was basically a strawberry smoothie in a bowl -- not what I expected but then I'm not sure what I expected. The spring risotto was okay but quite bland. The wine list had a nice selection of reasonably-priced options.
- The following 163 reviews are from the Lark Creek Newport Beach reviews archive.
- Modern meets shabby chicRonaDined on 5/19/2014Lark Creek is a very comfortable eatery whether you dine inside or out. The ambiance and decor is very inviting. The food is fabulous whether it's a gourmet burger or flat iron steak w/ grilled veggies. Desserts are equally indulgent. The micro beers, specialty cocktails and wine list are also impressive. If you are looking for something a little different for a special occasion, first date ( or second), or just a nice lunch/dinner definitely try Lark Creek. They do an outstanding job in all categories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmospherefriendDined on 5/17/2014Very good design, nice tables and booths, enough light to easily read the menu, great service, but very mediocre food - poor for the prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Dinner was exceptionally good! Nice wine selection. Porkchop was excellent. Love the half portions on the dinner menu. Don't miss out on the Chocolate Pecan Turtle Tart. Good front of the house and service. They have a nice happy hour menu too.Special Features:
- Good Happy Hour/Early DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2014Tried this place after seeing a movie nearby and went in for an early dinner. They do happy hour even on the weekends so we tried a few things from the HH menu. The short rib tacos and the deviled eggs were my favorite. The calamari was pretty good and the three different dipping sauces that came with it were all different yet very tasty. Tried the tamale pancake as well and thought it was good but definitely a little different from anything I have seen before. I liked that there were a lot of things to try on the menu. Drinks were pretty good. They have quite a few whiskey drinks. Would like to try the dinner menu sometime and see how that is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014Ordered two prime ribs, their special that day. Meat was very stringy. Told the waiter to tell the chef. No one came out to acknowledge. We may still come back and try their suckling roast on Saturdays.
- Birthday?BirthdayGirlDined on 4/29/2014When I made the reservation online, Open Table asked if this dinner was a special occasion. I noted that it was my birthday. Then when we got to the restaurant, the hostess asked whose birthday is was in our party. I told her it was mine. The birthday was never acknowledged by our server. I'm not really looking for a free dessert, but why did they ask in the first place if they weren't going to celebrate? Also, I saw on Yelp a picture of a dessert with "Happy Birthday" written next to it. So they must do something for birthdays, right? Just not me I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Local spotJaDeGirL01Dined on 4/26/2014Lark Creek is great for special occasions because of the high caliber food. It's pricey, so not everyone can afford to dine here daily. They do offer daily happy hour from 3-6 pm. I enjoyed the Saturday night special of whole roasted suckling pig with orzo mac and cheese. The pork was juicy and flavorful. The mac and cheese had chunks of asparagus that was perfect in texture. The atmosphere is vibrant and not stuffy. It's a great place for a date.Special Features:
- CDMNUPVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have dined in the restaurant many times. Their food and services have been consistently great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/26/2014The food at Lark Creek was excellent - all 3 diners were very impressed with their different orders. Even though it was a chilly day the large table we found on the patio had a heater nearby which made dining outside very comfortable. The service was competent with a fairly knowledgable waiter. We have eaten there a couple of times previously and have always had very good food and enjoyed a pleasurable dining experience. Some of the dishes on the menu are unusual in the sense that they are not found on many menus - but each item we have tried we have been very satisfied with. We will continue to frequent Lark Creek - and will recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good as a First Timer DinernewportfoodieVIPDined on 4/19/2014We had waited for several months before venturing to this Fashion Island restaurant. We had heard mixed reviews but from our perspective, the food and service were great. We had the rockfish cerviche and asparagus soup with truffle cream for appetizers and the Alaskan halibut and Suckling pig (a Saturday item) for dinner. We brought a good bottle of Lucia Pinot Noir and the corkage was only $15. All the food was delicious and the portions were more than adequate. We'll definitely come back here again as well dine out every week. A point to remember -- this place is very open and can get busy/noisy so the earlier you dine the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedJulieDined on 4/12/2014Was pleasanty surprised. Had the risotto with garden fresh vegatables and it was perfectly cooked with the crunch still in the veggies. The other entree's also were enjoyed by my fellow diners, the filet was raved about and the burgers were divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Lark Creek in San FranciscoanonDined on 4/7/2014The Lark Creek in San Francisco is a very good restaurant: location, menu, wine list and service. Their new location in Newport Beach did not disappoint. Our guest was especially appreciative of the gluten-free men.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceWinnieDined on 4/5/2014Enjoyed a perfectly wonderful dining experience at Lark Creek. The service was outstanding. Food was very good and ambiance was great. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OK, but not excellent.ElleDined on 4/4/2014This was my second time at Lark Creek. First time was for lunch, which I LOVED. Second time was for dinner, and I was disappointed. Nice enough menu, but portion size could have been bigger or the prices should have been lower. Service was average. Noise level was OK in a booth, but think it would have been too loud at a table. I liked the ambiance, but I think I'd try the outdoor dining the next time. There's many competitive new restaurants in Newport Center right now, so something about it should be excellent, or it won't survive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid CozyFabFelitaVIPDined on 4/4/2014Got the truffle burger and fries, pasta for the kids. Rushed to see Divergent upstairs at the Island Cinema. Great fast service, cozy comfortable environment. This is Fashion Island - high end upscale comfort food.Special Features:
- Needs taste!IngridVIPDined on 3/29/2014The food was extremely disappointing. The wild Alaskan halibut had no taste and was over-cooked. The sweet pea greens were tasteless resulting in a dish that was stringy, no flavor, and disappointing. My daughter had the spring risotto which was also tasteless and the arborio rice was mushy. The half wine prices made a $25 retail bottle of Pinot from Sonoma worth the $41 that we paid. But if we had paid the full price $82 that would have been over the top! More than 3times the retail price! Not going back any time soon!
- PickypickyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Service was very very slow & uneven. After a glass was broken we had to request removal of bread & water glasses nearby. We asked for replacement. 3times. Never received. And no waiter could be found ( we sat on the raised area in back). However near the end many many waiters came to constantly clear the table one plate at a time. I Sked them several times to wait until we were all done. What an annoying conduct. Food was only fair. Porc chop was dry. Lamb shank was grisseliy with little meat to eat.
- The staff were very friendlynyyankeewannabeVIPDined on 3/25/2014The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The service was excellent. The menu is not extensive, the portions are small but the food quality was very good. The ceviche and shrimp louie were awesome. The wine list has variety, but the vintages are all very young. I would go back, but not on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Wonderful, wonderfulDonutsDined on 3/24/2014This was our second visit as we live in Chicago and our first visit six months ago was so enjoyable this was a must stop on our next visit. I had the fish and my wife had the pork chop and weshared as they were both perfectly prepared. The service was very attentive and appropriately timed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second dine even betterVIP1000dinesVIPDined on 3/22/2014We had an amazing dinner loaded with farm fresh amazing produce. Fresh vegetable salad with peas, asparagus and other veg was delicious. My husband had the asparagus soup with truffle cream soo good. Entrees mahi with curry sauce fresh cauliflower, chick peas etc and husband had the super tender melt in your mouth lamb shank. Kyle was our server and provided excellent guidance with the seasonal menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.