Lark Creek Blue
378 Santana Row #1100
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lark Creek Blue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkcreekblue.com/
- Phone: 4082441244x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday- Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chad Greer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more information.
A word from Lark Creek Blue
Santana Row welcomes a new dining destination this summer with the launch of Lark Creek® Blue which opened its doors on August 1, 2012. The restaurant features sustainable seafood, extensive oyster selections and a variety of globally-inspired seasonal dishes under the direction of Chef Chad Ferry. Lark Creek Blue is housed in the space formerly held by Yankee Pier, which had its last night of service on Sunday, July 15, 2012. The space has been completely renovated to offer casual, contemporary design with a circular raw bar, open kitchen and ample covered patio seating, perfect for warm summer days and nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lark Creek Blue - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Lark Creek Blue reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (89)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (42)special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (34)romantic (29)great for brunch (23)notable wine list (15)hot spot (14)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- something differentnightoutDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I both had seafood dishes that were a bit out of the ordinary. They were not super flavorful but were unique, interesting and worth the trip to a new place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and fabulous foodsueossDined on 10/15/2014This place had a really good assortment of unique apps to share, really good main courses and of course a varied wine list including decent bottles for $30 a piece. The dessert menu was amazing - unique again! and I guess the menu is seasonal so they are constantly changing it up. We sat outside and the ambiance was great, energetic and active with people walking by. The service was great as well.Special Features:
- Nothing specialnpeatsDined on 10/11/2014We picked this because the reviews were good and we wanted to eat at Santa Row. We started with oysters and drinks which were both good. Our main dishes were just not that great. They were bland and nothing notable about them. Service was surprisingly slow considering that it wasn't very busy (I think it was an issue with the food not coming out from the kitchen). The people were very nice and the ambiance and setting were also very nice.
- Slow and coldmfalaiseDined on 10/10/2014We waited a long time for our food (20 minutes for our entrees after our salad plates were cleared). And then the food was cold. The server checked back, and she did take it back to the kitchen, but my new plate still had cold items. Disappointing for an upscale restaurant with prices to match.Special Features:
- Nice locationscumomDined on 10/9/2014Having dinner outside in October was a treat! Our waitress was very pleasant and had good suggestions. Unfortunately the food was a little bland tonight. I have been to this place a few times and usually have tasty meals, tonight was not the case. Had the ahi tuna w/cappellini.Special Features:
- mostly great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014ceviche and heirloom tomato salad with Ahi were both excellent. Blackened fish tacos were bland; rice and beans were not worth eating. We gave feedback to our waitperson who sent over the manager. He made an adjustment on the bill. Service was excellent; waitstaff attentive and worked well together.Special Features:
- Fantasticcarpediem53Dined on 10/7/2014Great food, great value, excellent service. I have eaten there twice and will go back each time I visit San Jose.Special Features:
- Lark Creek BlueMarMirDined on 10/6/2014Delicious food. Our service was great. They are very accommodating with substitutions and we always find what we want and like on the menu.Special Features:
- Exceeds All Expectationscarpediem53Dined on 10/5/2014A full sensory dining pleasure, ambience, food, service 5 Stars!!!!Special Features:
- Hit or MissRedLadyDined on 10/5/2014Our party of four had high hopes for this restaurant. Unfortunately, the service was unremarkable as was some of the food. Someone in my party ordered the roasted chicken, but returned it because it was dry & rubbery. The grilled salmon was forgettable. My husband said his gumbo was ok. My other friend thought the vegetable lasagne was delicious. We all agreed the best item we tried were the chickpea fries. For the $220 we spent, there are many other restaurants to choose from in the area, Lark Creek Blue will not be among our next choice.Special Features:
- Great placeMissMiaVIPDined on 10/3/2014Love this restaurant; the food is amazing (especially the mahi mahi ceviche!!) and the ambiance is perfect for a nice dinner night with friends or for a date. If you sit outside you can enjoy the fun scene at Santana Row as well. Service staff was so nice! Very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu which was great.Special Features:
- great first time experienceDiiva408Dined on 10/3/2014The food, the ambiance, the service was all great. They were very accommodating and their oysters were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!lookingDined on 10/2/2014Brian was the right man for the night! the bone marrow appt. was a waste of my money.....I overlooked it because I was on a second date with a hottie. I love bone marrow and so does she....she ordered it......but it was cumbersome and not enough to butter a bread crumb. Everything else was perfect.....we will be back.Special Features:
- Very good food - attentive serverOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014The food was very good - all items were fresh and had lots of flavor. The server was very attentive and offered good suggestions to resolve questions or concerns.
- Last two visits were disappointing5918yDined on 9/26/2014Service has been indifferent and inefficient. My husband and I have enjoyed our food, but out friends have not. My food was cold and lacking the potato part of the entry. I sent it back and it was quickly served warm and with the potatoes, but with no apology or grace. Management needs to take a look at policies and practices of food and particularly, the service. This was my "go-to place for a special occasion". This is no longer true. I am disappointed because I feel like I have lost a good friend. Please train your waiters to be gracious again or hire more help. Make sure all of the components of an entree are served together, and be sure to serve your food warm. By the way, we sit on the side patio, which is very nice.Special Features:
- Girls' Night OutgirlsnightoutDined on 9/23/2014Outside dining on a great evening to celebrate two birthdays and had a very attentive waitress and delicious food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susieqsusieqDined on 9/18/2014First time there. Great experience. Everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/16/2014My guests were very pleased with the food - service was good. We were having a meeting over dinner and were a bit rushed with orders. Food was served fresh and tasty.
- Nice Seafood restaurantNoraDined on 9/12/2014Nice seafood restaurant in the heart of Santana Row. Food is very good and served with careful design and creativity. however it's a bit pricey for what they serve. The menu is kind of short and there are not too many options to choose from. Service is great. Waiters keep coming to ask if all is OK, to my taste too many times... In general it's a nice restaurant to have dinner at.Special Features:
- Great placeStephieDined on 9/11/2014This is a fun place with great food! The Lemon pie is awesome! Would love to see fish and chips on the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $288 meal for 4 people +tipDateNightDined on 9/6/2014We thought this restaurant was going to have good food. We ordered the steaks and lobster pasta. The lobster was fishy tasting Maine Lobster should be sweet and not rubbery. The steak was flavorless and all our steaks were cooked more that we each asked for. 1 of them had to be sent back. Order you steak rare if you want medium. Our main dishes were not very good. We did like the oysters. Their signature drinks were really good just come here for the Moscow Mule. Our waitress thought we gave her a $100 tip but we just needed change so we could tip her properly. It was awkward. We decided to have dessert and after dinner drinks somewhere else because we were tired of paying good money for just OK food.Special Features:
- lochnessDined on 9/5/2014The shrimp salad was a disappointment. The lettuce leaves were a dark green and I can't eat dark green leafy vegetables. The avocado slices were old. They advertised heirloom tomatoes and I thought that would be included but no. So dark green lettuce leaves, avocado and shrimp with a thousand island dressing. I make a better shrimp salad. Last Thanksgiving they advertised a lobster special. When served, it was stuffed with shrimp and a little lobster. I will never go there again.
- It has everything going for it!SweetBasilDined on 9/4/2014Distinctive & unusual food! The best pesto chx sandwich I've tasted. My friend loved her hamburger w/apple smoked bacon w/ sage fries. Yumm I don't even care for watermelon but you must try the appetizer>>>>amazing! our waiter was really knowledgeable, attentive & just really nice.. and how lovely to eat on the street in a vibrant surrounding.Special Features:
- just okay .. was great beforeFalconVIPDined on 8/29/2014food was wonderfully presented, but taste was lacking. Service was just okay. we've been to the restaurant when it was a 5 star rating ... something has gone missingSpecial Features:
- Seemed understaffednonicknameVIPDined on 8/29/2014Although we had 5:45pm reservation, while seated, we waited for 30 mins before someone even approached us for ordering. We were trying to make a movie, so it seemed rushed. They split our dishes which was nice, but did not seem sensitive to our timing. Food was ok, nothing special for the prices. Did provide a birthday dessert which is always a lovely touch. Dessert was good!Special Features:
- Limited seafoodSpecialEveningDined on 8/27/2014We had the salmon for lunch, at a pricey $28.00. It was good, but would have been better in a lighter sauce. The service was terrible. We waited for everything. The food was hot, so the backup must have been in the kitchen, not with our waiter. If you're not an oyster fan, and you want some seafood, the menu is very limited - basically there was salmon, salmon salad and fish and chips. I will not be returning, even though the ambiance was outstanding since we sat outside at Santana Row.
- I would not recommend.LginocDined on 8/24/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. They were out of 3 if the four things we wanted to order on the menu. Our server was average at best. One meal came with a large black hair and was sent back and not returned. We had to ask for it to be removed from our bill because they were not professional enough to remove it. Would not return.
- Extremely Slow Service...GreggersVIPDined on 8/23/2014We generally receive outstanding service when dining at Lark Creek Blue, but for some reason it took forever to even get a staff member to come to our table and take our drink order! Apparently, the restaurant was short-staffed the night we dined (8/23) and we paid the price for the lengthy delays. The restaurant needs to hire more staff in order to keep customers returning to their establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit - good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our first visit to Lark Creek Blue @ Santana Row. I'd been to a couple restaurants in SF and had good and not so great experiences. The food was quite good and the wine was OK as well. Portions were small'ish - but generally filling - so not an issue. The seating was not inviting nor relaxing - thus a lower score on ambience. I will go back to try other dishes knowing that the seating may be an issue.
- Lark Creek Blue - Great FoodPatZDined on 8/21/2014I've been to this restaurant a half dozen times - never disappoints. The wait staff is knowledgeable, food is flavorful. I like that the menu changes and the number of Gluten Free options is appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Not cheap, but the quality, presentation, and service are all consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic dining experienceHarvardLatinaDined on 8/15/2014We remain shocked that Lark Creek Blue is not jam packed with customers 24/7 based on the food and service. We're sure it has to do with the fact that the restaurant is relatively new to Santana Row. I have brought friends and family here over 10 times and recommend it highly to colleagues and others on a regular basis. The food is amazing! (e.g., Kale & Burrata salad; Summer Squash Pappardelle --pasta dish--; KILLER clam chowder; raw tuna salad, watermelon carpaccio, mahi mahi ceviche, etc). Looking forward to our next lunch or dinner at Lark Creek Blue before the crowds descend onto this amazing find :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday!VdayDinersDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I enjoy dining on their sidewalk at Santana Row and they had the seat we requested reserved and ready for us. We split the Mahi-Mahi Ceviche appetizer...outstanding! The waiter was very helpful with wine by the glass suggestions and main courses. We had the Grilled Ahi and the Halibut. Both done to perfection and presented with legumes and greens that were perfect compliments. Finished with the very chocolate desert...it was my birthday!Special Features:
- Great seafood!Steph4551Dined on 8/13/2014Dinner with a couple of girlfriends to catch up was made a little difficult by the party of 6 young women next to us who were very, very loud, plus load music playing. Why oh why do restaurants think it is a good idea to play music so loud that you have to shout over it? Anyway, chose LCB because their website advertised August as salmon and rose wine month. Disappointed that there was no real list of rose wines, they were interspersed with the whites and reds instead. But the good was excellently prepared. We had salmon, halibut, and catfish between the 3 of us. Butterscotch pudding on dessert menu is biggest reason to return! Service was friendly if not remarkable. I'd go back and I'd recommend it to others.I would recommend this to a friend.
- rand4bvtVIPDined on 8/10/2014Nice menu but small fish portions. Salmon filet was less than the palm of your hand and entree salmon salad had slight shreds of fish for such a large dinner salad. The clam chowder was excellent.Special Features:
- Magnificent Experience!DianaDined on 8/10/2014It was a magnificent experience! First time going for Brunch with all my family and we loved it. I'll definitely go again; but this time, with my boyfriend. Now, has to be romantic. Everything was perfect! The food and the service were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlrightprincessDined on 8/10/2014The patio table we had was wonderful. The service not so great. Our server was very nice but seemed to be spread thin. The food was okay for the price and location. We all ordered brunch entrees, the potatoes on all three dishes were cold, or luke warm at best. I am not sure I'll go back. Santana Row is a pain to get to and park, and all. This is my second disappointment for brunch on the Row.Special Features:
- JrdDumskyDined on 8/9/2014My reservation was at 7pm. When we arrived, we were told the table was not ready and wait 15-20 minutes. I was unhappy and insisted they find a way to seat us, ....miraculously they found a way to seat us. Food was nothing special for the price. Halibut very dry, no sauce. Service very very slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business dinnerJeffDined on 8/6/2014The location and service were ideal for a business dinner. The staff was very accommodating and seated us in a perfect location for the dinner/meeting. The wait staff was attentive but not over-bearing which facilitated conversation. The appetizers were all great. I did get comments from a couple of the guests that the fish while good was slightly over-cooked, but overall everyone enjoyed the restaurant. I would choose it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personable serviceBrewerbabiesDined on 8/2/2014This is our second time enjoying lark creek blue. We find the servers to be very friendly, knowledgeable and unpretentious. The food is delicious, especially the homemade butterscotch pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.