Lark Creek Blue
378 Santana Row #1100
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lark Creek Blue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkcreekblue.com/
- Phone: 4082441244x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday- Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chad Greer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more information.
A word from Lark Creek Blue
Santana Row welcomes a new dining destination this summer with the launch of Lark Creek® Blue which opened its doors on August 1, 2012. The restaurant features sustainable seafood, extensive oyster selections and a variety of globally-inspired seasonal dishes under the direction of Chef Chad Ferry. Lark Creek Blue is housed in the space formerly held by Yankee Pier, which had its last night of service on Sunday, July 15, 2012. The space has been completely renovated to offer casual, contemporary design with a circular raw bar, open kitchen and ample covered patio seating, perfect for warm summer days and nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lark Creek Blue - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Lark Creek Blue reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (84)fit for foodies (48)special occasion (37)great for lunch (31)romantic (30)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (22)notable wine list (15)scenic view (13)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)Show More
- susieqsusieqDined on 9/18/2014First time there. Great experience. Everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/16/2014My guests were very pleased with the food - service was good. We were having a meeting over dinner and were a bit rushed with orders. Food was served fresh and tasty.
- Nice Seafood restaurantNoraDined on 9/12/2014Nice seafood restaurant in the heart of Santana Row. Food is very good and served with careful design and creativity. however it's a bit pricey for what they serve. The menu is kind of short and there are not too many options to choose from. Service is great. Waiters keep coming to ask if all is OK, to my taste too many times... In general it's a nice restaurant to have dinner at.Special Features:
- Great placeStephieDined on 9/11/2014This is a fun place with great food! The Lemon pie is awesome! Would love to see fish and chips on the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $288 meal for 4 people +tipDateNightDined on 9/6/2014We thought this restaurant was going to have good food. We ordered the steaks and lobster pasta. The lobster was fishy tasting Maine Lobster should be sweet and not rubbery. The steak was flavorless and all our steaks were cooked more that we each asked for. 1 of them had to be sent back. Order you steak rare if you want medium. Our main dishes were not very good. We did like the oysters. Their signature drinks were really good just come here for the Moscow Mule. Our waitress thought we gave her a $100 tip but we just needed change so we could tip her properly. It was awkward. We decided to have dessert and after dinner drinks somewhere else because we were tired of paying good money for just OK food.Special Features:
- lochnessDined on 9/5/2014The shrimp salad was a disappointment. The lettuce leaves were a dark green and I can't eat dark green leafy vegetables. The avocado slices were old. They advertised heirloom tomatoes and I thought that would be included but no. So dark green lettuce leaves, avocado and shrimp with a thousand island dressing. I make a better shrimp salad. Last Thanksgiving they advertised a lobster special. When served, it was stuffed with shrimp and a little lobster. I will never go there again.
- It has everything going for it!SweetBasilDined on 9/4/2014Distinctive & unusual food! The best pesto chx sandwich I've tasted. My friend loved her hamburger w/apple smoked bacon w/ sage fries. Yumm I don't even care for watermelon but you must try the appetizer>>>>amazing! our waiter was really knowledgeable, attentive & just really nice.. and how lovely to eat on the street in a vibrant surrounding.Special Features:
- just okay .. was great beforeFalconVIPDined on 8/29/2014food was wonderfully presented, but taste was lacking. Service was just okay. we've been to the restaurant when it was a 5 star rating ... something has gone missingSpecial Features:
- Seemed understaffednonicknameVIPDined on 8/29/2014Although we had 5:45pm reservation, while seated, we waited for 30 mins before someone even approached us for ordering. We were trying to make a movie, so it seemed rushed. They split our dishes which was nice, but did not seem sensitive to our timing. Food was ok, nothing special for the prices. Did provide a birthday dessert which is always a lovely touch. Dessert was good!Special Features:
- Limited seafoodSpecialEveningDined on 8/27/2014We had the salmon for lunch, at a pricey $28.00. It was good, but would have been better in a lighter sauce. The service was terrible. We waited for everything. The food was hot, so the backup must have been in the kitchen, not with our waiter. If you're not an oyster fan, and you want some seafood, the menu is very limited - basically there was salmon, salmon salad and fish and chips. I will not be returning, even though the ambiance was outstanding since we sat outside at Santana Row.
- I would not recommend.LginocDined on 8/24/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. They were out of 3 if the four things we wanted to order on the menu. Our server was average at best. One meal came with a large black hair and was sent back and not returned. We had to ask for it to be removed from our bill because they were not professional enough to remove it. Would not return.
- Extremely Slow Service...GreggersVIPDined on 8/23/2014We generally receive outstanding service when dining at Lark Creek Blue, but for some reason it took forever to even get a staff member to come to our table and take our drink order! Apparently, the restaurant was short-staffed the night we dined (8/23) and we paid the price for the lengthy delays. The restaurant needs to hire more staff in order to keep customers returning to their establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit - good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our first visit to Lark Creek Blue @ Santana Row. I'd been to a couple restaurants in SF and had good and not so great experiences. The food was quite good and the wine was OK as well. Portions were small'ish - but generally filling - so not an issue. The seating was not inviting nor relaxing - thus a lower score on ambience. I will go back to try other dishes knowing that the seating may be an issue.
- Lark Creek Blue - Great FoodPatZDined on 8/21/2014I've been to this restaurant a half dozen times - never disappoints. The wait staff is knowledgeable, food is flavorful. I like that the menu changes and the number of Gluten Free options is appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Not cheap, but the quality, presentation, and service are all consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic dining experienceHarvardLatinaDined on 8/15/2014We remain shocked that Lark Creek Blue is not jam packed with customers 24/7 based on the food and service. We're sure it has to do with the fact that the restaurant is relatively new to Santana Row. I have brought friends and family here over 10 times and recommend it highly to colleagues and others on a regular basis. The food is amazing! (e.g., Kale & Burrata salad; Summer Squash Pappardelle --pasta dish--; KILLER clam chowder; raw tuna salad, watermelon carpaccio, mahi mahi ceviche, etc). Looking forward to our next lunch or dinner at Lark Creek Blue before the crowds descend onto this amazing find :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthday!VdayDinersDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I enjoy dining on their sidewalk at Santana Row and they had the seat we requested reserved and ready for us. We split the Mahi-Mahi Ceviche appetizer...outstanding! The waiter was very helpful with wine by the glass suggestions and main courses. We had the Grilled Ahi and the Halibut. Both done to perfection and presented with legumes and greens that were perfect compliments. Finished with the very chocolate desert...it was my birthday!Special Features:
- Great seafood!Steph4551Dined on 8/13/2014Dinner with a couple of girlfriends to catch up was made a little difficult by the party of 6 young women next to us who were very, very loud, plus load music playing. Why oh why do restaurants think it is a good idea to play music so loud that you have to shout over it? Anyway, chose LCB because their website advertised August as salmon and rose wine month. Disappointed that there was no real list of rose wines, they were interspersed with the whites and reds instead. But the good was excellently prepared. We had salmon, halibut, and catfish between the 3 of us. Butterscotch pudding on dessert menu is biggest reason to return! Service was friendly if not remarkable. I'd go back and I'd recommend it to others.I would recommend this to a friend.
- rand4bvtVIPDined on 8/10/2014Nice menu but small fish portions. Salmon filet was less than the palm of your hand and entree salmon salad had slight shreds of fish for such a large dinner salad. The clam chowder was excellent.Special Features:
- Magnificent Experience!DianaDined on 8/10/2014It was a magnificent experience! First time going for Brunch with all my family and we loved it. I'll definitely go again; but this time, with my boyfriend. Now, has to be romantic. Everything was perfect! The food and the service were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlrightprincessDined on 8/10/2014The patio table we had was wonderful. The service not so great. Our server was very nice but seemed to be spread thin. The food was okay for the price and location. We all ordered brunch entrees, the potatoes on all three dishes were cold, or luke warm at best. I am not sure I'll go back. Santana Row is a pain to get to and park, and all. This is my second disappointment for brunch on the Row.Special Features:
- JrdDumskyDined on 8/9/2014My reservation was at 7pm. When we arrived, we were told the table was not ready and wait 15-20 minutes. I was unhappy and insisted they find a way to seat us, ....miraculously they found a way to seat us. Food was nothing special for the price. Halibut very dry, no sauce. Service very very slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business dinnerJeffDined on 8/6/2014The location and service were ideal for a business dinner. The staff was very accommodating and seated us in a perfect location for the dinner/meeting. The wait staff was attentive but not over-bearing which facilitated conversation. The appetizers were all great. I did get comments from a couple of the guests that the fish while good was slightly over-cooked, but overall everyone enjoyed the restaurant. I would choose it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personable serviceBrewerbabiesDined on 8/2/2014This is our second time enjoying lark creek blue. We find the servers to be very friendly, knowledgeable and unpretentious. The food is delicious, especially the homemade butterscotch pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit & Miss somewhat inconsistentGMIGDined on 8/1/2014For starters, even though we had an OpenTable reservation, we were initially seated in the far back adjacent to an open very active bus station near the bathrooms. After being seated for several minutes we asked to be seated someplace else away from the commotion of a bus station. The manager accommodated and relocated us with outside seating which was fine. the fried calamari appetizer was excellent! Ceviche appetizer - okay. Entrees: Rib eye steak excellent but pricey. Halibut tasteless with boring cabbage, watery dressing - skip it. Shrimp Louie salad - average and pricey. Seafood gumbo - okay. Service was fine, except for the initial table they put us at the beginning. They need to be more consistent for me to return.
- GreatlavtDined on 7/27/2014We loved the attention and the food. Monterey calamari was delicious. We went there for our 9th anniversary and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would not recommendannieDined on 7/27/2014The table we requested weeks earlier was not available. The food was below average. The service was slow. The menu choices were very poor and what they showed on the web site as brunch menu was not in fact what was on their brunch menu. I will never go back.
- Disappointing and unevenCarolCVIPDined on 7/27/2014We were among the first to arrive for brunch and it took half an hour to get a waiter to even take a beverage order. Another 20 minutes for 2 of the beverages.total 30 min for 3d beverage-an hour from when we were seated. The greasy paprika potatoes that came with the egg breakfast were cold and not tasty. Eggs were fine. Thick bacon also good. Before ordering we asked waitress what kind of bread the toast would be she said "white"--it was sourdough, not "white." Cocktails when we got them were good. The cappucino was teensy for the money, not a good value. The busboy kept trying to take our plates before we were done. Overall, it was a bad brunch experience and looked like the result of poor training.
- A nice surpriseLynandfriendsDined on 7/24/2014Having tried and moved away from most of the Santana row restaurants this was recommended for a casual evening business meal with colleagues . Food & menu was great , we all loved our choices , and our server was spot on. Great wine , table under the chandelier, we were all pleased with our evening. Will definitely return .Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014Service and food was excellent! Great calamari and ahi tuna!Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014This was the first time dining at Lark Creek Blue. I was impressed with the environment. The wait staff was pleasant and attentive. The menu offered a variety of interesting food. I had the blackened catfish which was delicious. Will definitely recommend this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with friendsklwong43Dined on 7/20/2014Our group of 5 enjoyed every minute (and every bite) at Lark Creek Blue at Sunday Brunch. The late morning breakfast eaters enjoyed the luscious French toast, the huevos rancheros and the scrumptious omelet, while the salad eaters relished the kale and burrata salad. Our girl loved the kids' beef slider plate. Wonderful ambiance on the patio looking out over Santana Row. It's a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/19/2014Nice dinner on a busy Saturday evening. Will return. We sat next to the counter where all prepared foods are placed before the wait staff takes them to customers at tables. There are at least 2 managers checking the plates. However, I saw at least 4 times when a hot entree sat at the counter for over 5 minutes, waiting for the rest of the entrees for that table to be ready. Shouldn't the manager tell one chef to hold off if another chef is overwhelmed? We ordered the sampler oyster platter. Menu says 11 oysters, but was served 10 because they ran out of one type. They should have left a gap on the missing one. Better yet, they should have given us one more of another type since they charged us for 11. No big deal.
- Great Service!bridgetbDined on 7/18/2014The service was fabulous! We got the oyster tasting Groupon and we couldnt have been happier. Also, all wine bottles were half off! The ambience was awesome too, great place to go and eat on the patio on a summer night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 7/18/2014Food and service was great!! Chef Chad was awesome and made sure our 1st time dinning at lark creek was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super slow responses/dishesChelseaDined on 7/16/2014I couldn't take my guests from abroad to shopping as everything was closed by the time we finished dinner.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestJamesDined on 7/16/2014Formerly known Yankee Pier. I went there with a friend to try for the first time, and very disappointed. Very pricy for mediocre food, with foreign object in it. Though taken off the bill, it does not worth another try. Service is attentive and too much for nothing; I still have to pour wine for myself and my friend. A lot of room for improvement for sure.
- Great Seafood & SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014All food delicious and our server was Fantastic. Good service.Special Features:
- Great seafood on Santana RowWinedaddysrVIPDined on 7/11/2014We love Lark Creek's great food and friendly service. Their one large booth is perfect for 4 people or fun for 2!Special Features:
- Disappointing foodAndyCVIPDined on 7/5/2014For a restaurant of a supposed high standard, getting large amounts of grit in my steamed mussels and a mouthfull of scales with my whole roasted branzino was disappointing. The mussels itself were ok but not outstanding and the branzino was a disappointment. The fish tasted good but the strange choice to put stuffing on top of the fish was not a good idea. The salmon my wife ordered was good if not outstanding. Not a good first impression of this place.