Lark Creek Blue
378 Santana Row #1100
San Jose, CA 95128Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lark Creek Blue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkcreekblue.com/
- Phone: (408) 244-1244
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday- Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chad Greer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more information.
A word from Lark Creek Blue
Santana Row welcomes a new dining destination this summer with the launch of Lark Creek® Blue which opened its doors on August 1, 2012. The restaurant features sustainable seafood, extensive oyster selections and a variety of globally-inspired seasonal dishes under the direction of Chef Chad Ferry. Lark Creek Blue is housed in the space formerly held by Yankee Pier, which had its last night of service on Sunday, July 15, 2012. The space has been completely renovated to offer casual, contemporary design with a circular raw bar, open kitchen and ample covered patio seating, perfect for warm summer days and nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lark Creek Blue - Best Restaurants in San Jose ›
Lark Creek Blue reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (80)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (38)special occasion (36)great for lunch (31)romantic (23)great for brunch (18)hot spot (18)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerBGFoodieDined on 11/18/2014Our server was quite nice, however I wish that the host had mentioned to her that it was our anniversary. She did not make it that special for us on our special occasion. We did go on the night of the tree lighting so I can't speak for noise level. However, I wish that the manager had told the people just standing in front of the tables in the dining area to move. They were in the way of the guests and the servers and made it unpleasant.
- Really good food and excellent serviceJanielDined on 11/16/2014Enjoyed sitting outside during Sunday brunch/lunch time and watching the crowd walk by at Santana Row. The menu was great and our food was super good. Especially liked our server Trevor who didn't rush us and was well informed about the menu and offered great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class and Friendly, ToosfdinerDined on 11/15/2014We were pleasantly surprised to discover Lark Creek Blue, a restaurant at Santana Row where we frequently shop but rarely dine. Pre-movie on a Saturday night we expected crowded, noisy and mediocre and what we got was completely the opposite. Amid weekend shoppers and clubbers preparing for their busy night, Lark Creek Blue was a pleasant oasis of professional, friendly service and exceptional food. Although late, we were whisked to our table in this comfortable, upscale restaurant where we were treated to delicious food and wine. Noted for a large oyster selection and fresh seafood, we tried a little of each and every course was beautifully prepared and presented. Our main courses were carefully plated with vegetables and extras which is appreciated in this day of ala-carte everything. When our server heard we were running a little late for the movie, she quickly wrapped up the service and presented our reasonable bill. We loved this restaurant and will definitely return, feeling as though we just made a great discovery in our own back yard. Bravo, Lark Creek Blue...we really enjoyed our evening with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchsuz1155Dined on 11/11/2014Food, service outdoor seating were great for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDinnerAndAMovieDined on 11/8/2014We were very late for our reservation due to miscalculation of when our movie would end. However, they were able to accommodate us at one of the communal tables. My cosmo was excellent and the swordfish was delicious. Three of us had the swordfish and one of us had the gumbo and that was great too. The calamari for the app was light, flavorful, and delish. The portions were a perfect amount. I like leaving a restaurant having finished my dinner and not feeling too full - a tribute to the flavor and the chef!Special Features:
- ServiceNimaDined on 11/7/2014I made a reservation for our anniversary. They prepared a very nice table for us. The service was very poor however. We didn't have a waiter! The asst manager was taking our orders and then we had other waitresses check on us. My wife ordered the salmon and it came cold. Of course, there is no waitress to complain to, so we had to wait. Then when she finally came and told her, she took the half eaten salmon, went to heat it up, and brought it back! At the end, salmon was taking off the bill. But I was just expecting a better service from this restaurant.
- We were disappointed...JeninSanJoseDined on 11/7/2014We recently met friends for dinner at Lark Creek Blue and by far the best part was the company! We were greeted warmly by the staff and elected to sit in the 'bar' area while we waited for our friends. The friendly bartender provided a thorough overview of the drink and oyster menu and was very attentive. While none of the food we had was bad, it was just average and incredibly overpriced. We don't mind spending money for a good meal with good service (and do so often) but this meal was lackluster at best and far too expensive for the food and service we received. We won't be back.
- Great Food, Great Service !!!jojoDined on 11/1/2014Family of four, when we ask to be transferred to another table no questions ask we got the booth. Very quick service and very polite. All servers are willing to help, you don't need to wait. Food are perfectly cooked and served. Waits are willing to help out with different choices and can explain what the items are. Favorite starters are bone marrow and calamari. Favorite entrees are lobster spag, gumbo and swordfish. Dont forget to order different kind of oysters, they are so fresh and taste great! We ended the night with cafe and creamy crunchy chocolate tart. The best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014The seafood is great, recommend the prawn cocktail, and the oyster menu is great, a real gem is the blackened catfish. Highly recommend the Lemon Meringue Pie. Service was great.Special Features:
- something differentnightoutDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I both had seafood dishes that were a bit out of the ordinary. They were not super flavorful but were unique, interesting and worth the trip to a new place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and fabulous foodsueossDined on 10/15/2014This place had a really good assortment of unique apps to share, really good main courses and of course a varied wine list including decent bottles for $30 a piece. The dessert menu was amazing - unique again! and I guess the menu is seasonal so they are constantly changing it up. We sat outside and the ambiance was great, energetic and active with people walking by. The service was great as well.Special Features:
- Nothing specialnpeatsDined on 10/11/2014We picked this because the reviews were good and we wanted to eat at Santa Row. We started with oysters and drinks which were both good. Our main dishes were just not that great. They were bland and nothing notable about them. Service was surprisingly slow considering that it wasn't very busy (I think it was an issue with the food not coming out from the kitchen). The people were very nice and the ambiance and setting were also very nice.
- Slow and coldmfalaiseDined on 10/10/2014We waited a long time for our food (20 minutes for our entrees after our salad plates were cleared). And then the food was cold. The server checked back, and she did take it back to the kitchen, but my new plate still had cold items. Disappointing for an upscale restaurant with prices to match.Special Features:
- Nice locationscumomDined on 10/9/2014Having dinner outside in October was a treat! Our waitress was very pleasant and had good suggestions. Unfortunately the food was a little bland tonight. I have been to this place a few times and usually have tasty meals, tonight was not the case. Had the ahi tuna w/cappellini.Special Features:
- mostly great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014ceviche and heirloom tomato salad with Ahi were both excellent. Blackened fish tacos were bland; rice and beans were not worth eating. We gave feedback to our waitperson who sent over the manager. He made an adjustment on the bill. Service was excellent; waitstaff attentive and worked well together.Special Features:
- Fantasticcarpediem53Dined on 10/7/2014Great food, great value, excellent service. I have eaten there twice and will go back each time I visit San Jose.Special Features:
- Lark Creek BlueMarMirDined on 10/6/2014Delicious food. Our service was great. They are very accommodating with substitutions and we always find what we want and like on the menu.Special Features:
- Exceeds All Expectationscarpediem53Dined on 10/5/2014A full sensory dining pleasure, ambience, food, service 5 Stars!!!!Special Features:
- Hit or MissRedLadyDined on 10/5/2014Our party of four had high hopes for this restaurant. Unfortunately, the service was unremarkable as was some of the food. Someone in my party ordered the roasted chicken, but returned it because it was dry & rubbery. The grilled salmon was forgettable. My husband said his gumbo was ok. My other friend thought the vegetable lasagne was delicious. We all agreed the best item we tried were the chickpea fries. For the $220 we spent, there are many other restaurants to choose from in the area, Lark Creek Blue will not be among our next choice.Special Features:
- Great placeMissMiaVIPDined on 10/3/2014Love this restaurant; the food is amazing (especially the mahi mahi ceviche!!) and the ambiance is perfect for a nice dinner night with friends or for a date. If you sit outside you can enjoy the fun scene at Santana Row as well. Service staff was so nice! Very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu which was great.Special Features:
- great first time experienceDiiva408Dined on 10/3/2014The food, the ambiance, the service was all great. They were very accommodating and their oysters were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!lookingDined on 10/2/2014Brian was the right man for the night! the bone marrow appt. was a waste of my money.....I overlooked it because I was on a second date with a hottie. I love bone marrow and so does she....she ordered it......but it was cumbersome and not enough to butter a bread crumb. Everything else was perfect.....we will be back.Special Features:
- Very good food - attentive serverOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/28/2014The food was very good - all items were fresh and had lots of flavor. The server was very attentive and offered good suggestions to resolve questions or concerns.
- Last two visits were disappointing5918yDined on 9/26/2014Service has been indifferent and inefficient. My husband and I have enjoyed our food, but out friends have not. My food was cold and lacking the potato part of the entry. I sent it back and it was quickly served warm and with the potatoes, but with no apology or grace. Management needs to take a look at policies and practices of food and particularly, the service. This was my "go-to place for a special occasion". This is no longer true. I am disappointed because I feel like I have lost a good friend. Please train your waiters to be gracious again or hire more help. Make sure all of the components of an entree are served together, and be sure to serve your food warm. By the way, we sit on the side patio, which is very nice.Special Features:
- Girls' Night OutgirlsnightoutDined on 9/23/2014Outside dining on a great evening to celebrate two birthdays and had a very attentive waitress and delicious food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susieqsusieqDined on 9/18/2014First time there. Great experience. Everything was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/16/2014My guests were very pleased with the food - service was good. We were having a meeting over dinner and were a bit rushed with orders. Food was served fresh and tasty.
- Nice Seafood restaurantNoraDined on 9/12/2014Nice seafood restaurant in the heart of Santana Row. Food is very good and served with careful design and creativity. however it's a bit pricey for what they serve. The menu is kind of short and there are not too many options to choose from. Service is great. Waiters keep coming to ask if all is OK, to my taste too many times... In general it's a nice restaurant to have dinner at.Special Features:
- Great placeStephieDined on 9/11/2014This is a fun place with great food! The Lemon pie is awesome! Would love to see fish and chips on the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $288 meal for 4 people +tipDateNightDined on 9/6/2014We thought this restaurant was going to have good food. We ordered the steaks and lobster pasta. The lobster was fishy tasting Maine Lobster should be sweet and not rubbery. The steak was flavorless and all our steaks were cooked more that we each asked for. 1 of them had to be sent back. Order you steak rare if you want medium. Our main dishes were not very good. We did like the oysters. Their signature drinks were really good just come here for the Moscow Mule. Our waitress thought we gave her a $100 tip but we just needed change so we could tip her properly. It was awkward. We decided to have dessert and after dinner drinks somewhere else because we were tired of paying good money for just OK food.Special Features:
- lochnessDined on 9/5/2014The shrimp salad was a disappointment. The lettuce leaves were a dark green and I can't eat dark green leafy vegetables. The avocado slices were old. They advertised heirloom tomatoes and I thought that would be included but no. So dark green lettuce leaves, avocado and shrimp with a thousand island dressing. I make a better shrimp salad. Last Thanksgiving they advertised a lobster special. When served, it was stuffed with shrimp and a little lobster. I will never go there again.
- It has everything going for it!SweetBasilVIPDined on 9/4/2014Distinctive & unusual food! The best pesto chx sandwich I've tasted. My friend loved her hamburger w/apple smoked bacon w/ sage fries. Yumm I don't even care for watermelon but you must try the appetizer>>>>amazing! our waiter was really knowledgeable, attentive & just really nice.. and how lovely to eat on the street in a vibrant surrounding.Special Features:
- just okay .. was great beforeFalconVIPDined on 8/29/2014food was wonderfully presented, but taste was lacking. Service was just okay. we've been to the restaurant when it was a 5 star rating ... something has gone missingSpecial Features:
- Seemed understaffednonicknameVIPDined on 8/29/2014Although we had 5:45pm reservation, while seated, we waited for 30 mins before someone even approached us for ordering. We were trying to make a movie, so it seemed rushed. They split our dishes which was nice, but did not seem sensitive to our timing. Food was ok, nothing special for the prices. Did provide a birthday dessert which is always a lovely touch. Dessert was good!Special Features:
- Limited seafoodSpecialEveningDined on 8/27/2014We had the salmon for lunch, at a pricey $28.00. It was good, but would have been better in a lighter sauce. The service was terrible. We waited for everything. The food was hot, so the backup must have been in the kitchen, not with our waiter. If you're not an oyster fan, and you want some seafood, the menu is very limited - basically there was salmon, salmon salad and fish and chips. I will not be returning, even though the ambiance was outstanding since we sat outside at Santana Row.
- I would not recommend.LginocDined on 8/24/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. They were out of 3 if the four things we wanted to order on the menu. Our server was average at best. One meal came with a large black hair and was sent back and not returned. We had to ask for it to be removed from our bill because they were not professional enough to remove it. Would not return.
- Extremely Slow Service...GreggersVIPDined on 8/23/2014We generally receive outstanding service when dining at Lark Creek Blue, but for some reason it took forever to even get a staff member to come to our table and take our drink order! Apparently, the restaurant was short-staffed the night we dined (8/23) and we paid the price for the lengthy delays. The restaurant needs to hire more staff in order to keep customers returning to their establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit - good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our first visit to Lark Creek Blue @ Santana Row. I'd been to a couple restaurants in SF and had good and not so great experiences. The food was quite good and the wine was OK as well. Portions were small'ish - but generally filling - so not an issue. The seating was not inviting nor relaxing - thus a lower score on ambience. I will go back to try other dishes knowing that the seating may be an issue.
- Lark Creek Blue - Great FoodPatZDined on 8/21/2014I've been to this restaurant a half dozen times - never disappoints. The wait staff is knowledgeable, food is flavorful. I like that the menu changes and the number of Gluten Free options is appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2014Not cheap, but the quality, presentation, and service are all consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.