926 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkseattle.com/
- Phone: 2063235275
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Northwest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access
A word from Lark
Welcome to Chef John Sundstrom’s Lark, one of the Pacific Northwest’s premier, artisan-focused restaurants. Located in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, Lark offers a warm dining experience meant to be shared with friends and family. Our menu features small plates of locally-produced and organic cheese, charcuterie, vegetables, grains, fish, and meats, all prepared with a signature focus on flavor and quality. We work with local artisans, farmers, and foragers to serve the best of each season, bright and intense with summer and spring, rich and heartening in the winter and fall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lark reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (113)special occasion (87)neighborhood gem (79)romantic (73)notable wine list (29)late-night find (10)good for groups (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- FabulouscabgoesleftVIPDined on 8/20/2014Everything was excellent. Food, wine, all very very good. ok, the service was fair. not great. But overall, really, really good! Definitely go!Special Features:
- Great food and a value wine listGeorgeDined on 8/20/2014I took finicky visitors from Japan and we were all very impressed with the quality of the food and the great bang for the buck wine list. A very lovely evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Lark has lived up to its reputation as one of Seattle's great restaurants. The concept of small plates served family style is such a refreshing way to dine. Ambience, wine list, service were all terrific. But the main event was the food - sublime. It was an evening to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start, but service declinedRaybandenverDined on 8/10/2014Dinner for five got off to a great start, very appealing food presentation and quality, pleasant service, etc. But, during the course of the evening, as more tables were filled, service dropped from an 8/9 to a 2/3. Correctable, but at this price-point it should not have happened!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backLeslieDined on 8/10/2014We expected the small plate menu, however we were shocked the prices. The chair I was sitting in was so rickety that I was sure it wouldn't last through the meal. For the kind of money they charge the furnishings should have been a higher quality. Would not recommend to anyone. There are so many good restaurants in Seattle there isn't any hyping about this one that would justify going back.Special Features:
- A great findREMlckDined on 8/9/2014A fabulous find. Interesting, well prepared plates. A nice variety of choices. Outstanding service. Finding a wine from Gratallops, Priorat on the menu made a good evening great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner spotJohnR7Dined on 8/9/2014Outstanding and interesting small plates served family style. Clearly not just another nice restaurant but something special.Special Features:
- Totally UnderwhelmingZRDaveDined on 7/27/2014Tapas - small plates at entre prices. Food was OK but way over priced for the serving size. I ordered the King Salmon ($25). Dish consisted of 2 oz.portion of salmon, about 4 quarters of a small potato, a few thumbnail pieces of mushroom, and about 5 baby string beans in a nice sauce. One of those restaurants where you want to stop for a burger on the way home after spending $100 for dinner.
- Perfect PunctuationHungrySeedsDined on 7/27/2014After a wonderful Seattle Sunday spent watching a show at the Paramount and exploring the city's downtown area on foot, we headed to Lark for our 5:45pm reservation. The hostess and Sam, our server, were unhurried and warm. We ordered the heritage tomato salad, burrata with cherries and beets, sauteed wild mushrooms and the hanger steak. Superb. Well timed. And we just couldn't pass up the dark chocolate panna cotta. Also, I have to say the music this evening was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodmartindiningDined on 7/25/2014The food was very good, a bit salty. Portions are small but two portions per person are enough. The type of dishes are "specialty," and you can only find them in restaurants like this oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loudness overwhelmed the good foodculinatorDined on 7/25/2014It took a while to navigate the best way to order from the menu. While we were encouraged to order family style, some dishes did not lend them to sharing, but the food was very good. Unfortunately, the smallish restaurant was packed and extremely noisy, to such an extent that it negatively impacted our overall experience.Special Features:
- hapynekoDined on 7/25/2014it was my first dinner at Lark but I impressed so much for all dishes. I like much more than Tom Doyuglas dishes. My VIP guest fro TYO had also impressed all your food. The both of us paurchased your Cooking Book. I like to back Lark again because you are so good. After I read your book my tears were coming. I also like you use local foods from NW. I like to know you don't like to use any foods material from oversea like Japan?Special Features:
- Stands out from the Crowd7thSxDined on 7/23/2014With so many great restaurants to go to in Seattle and perhaps limited days at your disposal how do you decide? In our case we were recommended by the restaurant voted number one. There can be no better recommendation and we were not disappointed. We were made to feel genuinely welcome, full and helpful explanations of the excellent menu was given by staff who were mtivated to ensure that the meal would not be forgotten. And it won't be.Special Features:
- Lives up to it's reputationMKONCAPHILLDined on 7/22/2014I'd heard so many great things about Lark, and they still exceeded my recommendations in every way. The servers were intelligent, discreet, attentive and helpful. They proactively came up with a number of options for my vegan girlfriend. The food was beyond excellent.Special Features:
- Food was over salted and burnedluvgoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014We were really disappointed with our meal. Everything was over salted by the chef. I could even't eat one of the salads it was so salty. Three of our dishes were also burnt. Our fried artichokes were black as was the nectarine tart tatin. The dishes were ambitious but poorly executed. We were very disappointed particularly given the price of our meal. I would not recommend Lark.
- Spot on!OntheGoutTrainDined on 7/15/2014Our final meal in Seattle and we went out with a bang! We found Lark in several "Best of" lists, and decided it would be worth crossing town for. Except for one joyfully intoxicated salesman across the room, it was pretty quiet even as it filled up. We had an excellent, graceful server who interacted with us beautifully, pacing the meal perfectly for us, and very patient with us and our list of questions about ingredients, educating us without any of that haggard foodie pretense. The meal was sublime. One dish was just "meh", but I can't remember what it was because the rest eclipsed it (it was not even remotely bad!) Seattle has an abundance of good food, but next time I'm there I may skip a new experience and come back here for a repeat!Special Features:
- a cut aboveBenEDined on 7/13/2014everything at this restaurant is stellar! My family (party of six) had the five course Evergreen Tasting option from the menu. Stellar service, Stellar food, Stellar space! I'd recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:
- DELICIOUSSDSDDined on 7/13/2014Food was really good- all dishes we had were very tasty and memorable. Simply delicious.Special Features:
- Our Family's Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014We have been going to Lark a couple of times a year for the last four, or so, years, and have loved the experience each time. The food is outstanding, the sharing is fun and the staff is knowledgeable, thoughtful and attentive. It is spendy for the size of plates you get, but the quality of the dishes make it well worth it. We always take our kids (now 13 and 15), and the staff has never ignored them or talked around/down-to them. That is a huge deal when trying to get kids to try new things, and speaks to the professionalism of the staff.Special Features:
- ScottyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014Fabulous place!! Amazing food. The eel was amazing and the farro was heavenly. Service was outstanding and everyone was very friendly. I will be back next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014My 3rd time to Lark. Food is consistently excellent, as well as the service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The full menu shinesShazDined on 7/2/2014I had eaten at Lark twice before, but always as part of their fixed course/price menu as part of restaurant week. This time I went for whatever looked most tempting from their full menu and my dinning experience went from just good to phenomenal! The braised octopus, the foie gras, the Wagyu tartare. It was all top notch. Not a single miss all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful EveningHappyCamperDined on 7/2/2014Everything was right. We were greeted warmly and seated promptly. I think it was the owner that waited on us and he was superb. We like the small plates due to the diversity of flavors. Several of our plates were knockouts - all were good. Good wine reasonably priced. This was our second time at Lark and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Had a great meal at Lark last weekend. Food was fantastic and our server was great at making recommendations since it was our first time at lark. I highly recommended for dinner and happy hour. The space is amazing and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have diedFrequentflyerVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great food...limited but good wine selection...service was very friendly, but forgot about severe legume allergy. As a result, could not eat one dish! By the way, chair very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedhungryiDined on 6/26/2014It was our first visit to Lark. Sadly, not what we expected. The warmth and graciousness we had read about was missing, the service rather impersonal. We had the 5 ourse tasting menu. The soup was excellent. The lardo wrapped toast much anticipated turned out to be a tough tasteless disaster. We had come to savor lardo on a recent trip to Italy. The salmon delicious, but on my plate only one tiny taste of the mushroom my husband raved about. The ragu was very good, but the house made pasta owner cooked. Desert delicious, but my decaf espresso too strong and bitter, the lump sugar never dissolved. In all not the experience we had looked forward to.
- Spot on for date nighttestflightDined on 6/25/2014Romantic ambiance matched with great food. Service was good but there was a mix-up on the order (ordered tasting menu but received 3-course prix fixe, which was fine) and we were presented with the wrong check. Easily resolved, but not ideal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pace YourselfshadowtravelerDined on 6/21/2014Lark resides in a modest, quirky building in the heart of downtown Seattle. Their menu is built around small, shareable plates, all very good. 10 for our party of 4 was perfect. While the food was excellent the pacing was not. Lark suggests the table order everything at once. Do NOT do it! Dishes arrived at intervals and in a sequence that was clearly aimed at making life in the kitchen easier not maximizing our enjoyment. There was rarely any pause between plates and they often arrived together in unlikely combinations. You either had to mix together uncomplimentary tastes or finish one while the other grew cold. In short, by all means go to Lark, but consider your menu choices and order them in small groupings of your own design.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience.OliverDined on 6/20/2014A great balance of service, food and drink. Not inexpensive but appropriately priced for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!happydinerDined on 6/20/2014From the moment we stepped into Lark restaurant until out departure 2 hours later, our dining experience was absolutely superb. We were greeted warmly at the door, sat in a comfortable booth, had very friendly, prompt service, the food was FANTASTIC, the wines were great and our waitress made the lovely gesture of providing an extra dessert as she knew we were celebrating an event. Can hardly wait to return!Special Features:
- Food @ its best!kendDined on 6/18/2014Excellent food; the sweetbreads were outstanding. In house bread outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly memorial meal and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014Wonderful surprise. Interesting menu, superb food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminds me of RoverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014I went to Rover last year and will never forget the tastes, yet I seem to maybe have been reminded of it again with Lark's dishes! Really good and reasonable prices as well, will definitely be coming again soon.Special Features:
- Excellent food and good hospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Everything is so delicious and the server is so kind and a very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High standards? Lark nearly perfectGrandmasAndGrandesToquesVIPDined on 6/10/2014Most dishes were impeccable. Extremely high quality, attention to detail, absolutely delicious. Service was a bit uneven, but main server was superb.Special Features:
- Fabulous, as alwaysJohnDined on 6/10/2014There is nothing to dislike at Lark. In this small space, the chef/owner has managed to create a very intimate and warm environment. But the very best part of Lark is the marvelous food that is presented to you in thoughtful, moderate proportions. Billed as "small plates", there is nothing small about the selection available or the taste of those selections the diner chooses. My wife and I dined alone this week, but in the past we have taken our infant granddaughter with us, and we have been welcomed every time we have dined at Lark. Melissa and her fellow servers are very knowledgeable about the entirety of the menu, and their service is professional and timely but unhurried. We cannot recommend Lark highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good pricereeeeenDined on 6/7/2014A fine dining experience at the right price. Knowledgeable waitstaff, and delicious food.Special Features:
- LarkFoodieDined on 6/7/2014Wonderfully, delicious and creative small plates. The small plates were good to share with 3 people. It's good that they have a prix fixe menu which looks good. But we opted for the small plates to allow us to taste more things. Lark is now making their own bread and it's delicious.Special Features:
- amazing seattle experiencemmmtasty1Dined on 6/7/2014This is a small, romantic sweet spot - with a gorgeous menu of small gourmet plates. The service was spot on, and the food...well, I'm a foodie and was impressed. By far the best Seattle meal we have had. The seared fois gras was divine, as was the asparagus dish. My taste buds were very very happy. I like that the portion sizes are small to medium, as i find quality over quantity is something value.Special Features:
- What a gemfoodloverVIPDined on 6/7/2014Lark is a charming neighborhood restaurant with incredibly prepared, seasonal artisanal food. It's a wonderful place to share delectable, yummy dishes. Absolutely outstanding. A MUST!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.