Larios on the Beach
820 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
CubanPrice: $31 to $50
Larios on the Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lariosonthebeach.com/
- Phone: 3055329577x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. (open for lunch & dinner)
Friday - Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. (open for lunch & dinner)
Friday - Saturday 12:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. (lounge & terrace/late-night menu)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Odell Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Dania Perez
(p) (305) 532-9577
- Private Party Contact: Dania Perez 3056957072x
- Entertainment: Grupo Tiempo al Tiempo, the restaurant’s live band plays every evening from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Special Events: Please contact Patricia Giraldo, Director of Group Sales for availability and pricing.
A word from Larios on the Beach
Since opening in 1992, Gloria and Emilio Estefan’s award-winning restaurant, Larios on the Beach has been known as Miami Beach’s go-to destination for authentic, award-winning Cuban cuisine, world famous mojitos and a stunning view of South Beach’s Ocean Drive. Specialties include traditional favorites as well as Cuban-inspired dishes. From sweet and salty bacon-wrapped maduros, black bean hummus served with crisp plantain chips, to a fresh tropical ceviche and a sizzling chicken vaca frita. Signature dishes include award-winning lechón (roasted pork), house-made pork tamales and the classic arroz con pollo. Triple C: “Calorie Conscious Cuban” - a selection of delicious, guilt-free Cuban staples created by Gloria herself. Items include marinated & grilled fresh grouper, baked plantain chips, vegetarian black beans and baked sweet plantains, among other selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Larios on the Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (42)hot spot (40)great for outdoor dining (38)special occasion (37)fit for foodies (30)romantic (24)scenic view (17)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (2)Show More
- great food, friendly staff must tryJaimeCDined on 10/28/2014This place is highly recommended best Cuban food in South BeachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & Good Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Some buddies came into to tons for a convention and wanted to experience South Beach! Larios was a good start with good food and view, and then we went bar hopping in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good - service so soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The food delicious, atmosphere devine however service cold and stiff. Visiting from NM and a fan of Gloria Estafan, assumed the hospitality would be friendly and warm. We ordered our meal along with some souvenirs but astonished the server was quick to quote the prices, that in itself wasn't the issue but in the manner it was done made me feel uncomfortable. Service makes an establishment worth returning.Special Features:
- So soSpicylovaDined on 10/21/2014Think you've got to love the tourist trap scene to really enjoy this place. There was nothing particularly wrong with it, but the tables are either side of where people are constantly walking, so not really a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy s meal in. Food was okay, but I personally found everything a bit too sweet, and so did my wife who loves sweet stuff. I love meat, and had a dish with 3 different meats on it, but the tastiest item of food was the black beans, so not great. Wouldn't eat there again, nor anywhere else on Ocean Drive. Staff were okay though.Special Features:
- Dinner at Lario'sTacosVIPDined on 10/13/2014I arrived early for my reservation but was seated right away. I was disappointed that I was not even offered a choice between being seated outside to enjoy the people watching versus inside in the back however the dining room was elegant and serene with white and blue hues. My husband enjoyed the whole red snapper which was very fresh. We also thoroughly enjoyed a pitcher of mango mojito. The pitcher seemed never-ending and I definitely feel we got our money's worth for the price.Special Features:
- Romantic GetawayDCActiveVIPDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I had a quick romantic getaway to Southbeach and could not have been more pleased with the overall dining experience at Larios. We dined early to avoid the crouds but this fors not appear to be necessary as the wait staff was abundant and professional. We started with Ceviche and the ribs, both were excellent and ample to share, the long cut plantain chips are best. Next, tomato and fresh cheese salad. Next we shared Cuban seafood soup, it was delicioous and substantisl and even contained a fair sized half lobster tail. Finally, we had the rice pudding and it also was good. Drinks included Sangrias, cuban coffee and an Excellent Luxe Mohito, best I have had in a while...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, with great foodRandizzle64VIPDined on 10/10/2014I took my 18 year old daughter here for lunch. She used to be open to trying all kinds of food, but has rebelled the last few years. Now that she is in Miami, she has begun to open up her mind to new cuisine, so I took her out for Cuban food. When you start with the fact that you are on Ocean Drive on a beautiful day, it is hard to go wrong, but they came through with the food as well. The beef empanada was awesome (they say the pork won an award, but we both like the beef better). Ceviche, black bean soup, black bean hummous and the Cuban sandwich were all very good. Our waiter was outstanding, as were the rest of the staff. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Very Nice ambiance excellent dood beautyfull interieurSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & AtmosphereBrian48Dined on 9/28/2014My partner and I booked Larios based on previous good reviews which are well justified. We were very impressed by the interior of the restaurant including the Gloria mosaic! I started with a Luxury mojito which was amazing, made with 18 years old rum. Our server was very attentive and endured we understood all the food choices. Needless to say when our food arrived it was amazing (my shredded beef was just the best). All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing short of AMAZING! CUBA CHICDantastic4Dined on 9/27/2014Lario's on the Beach is a go to destination when on Miami beach. The other resturaunts on the strip offer fly by night and mediocre service and food. Lario's offers this VERY picky person ease of service and the best food in Miami! The food is both note worthy Eye candy..but taste is fantastic beyond expectation. Service is the best I have ever had. The person writing this has been eating out around the world and every state on either coast of the USA. ASk for Felix for your waiter the first time you go! You'll be hooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightAmbianceDined on 9/20/2014The new decor is beautiful the white with the accents like the very unique chandelier in red with instruments and lobster and a Miss Universe type crown in the middle very interesting. Food was very good, service better. Would have liked the bar to be bigger as that is quite small and no way to stay for a few more drinks after dinner since bar was full but even on a not so busy night could not get a seat at the bar.Special Features:
- Larios Was GreatVicDVIPDined on 9/14/2014Slow roasted pork, yucca, and rice/black beans mix were terrific! Traditional mojito was best I had in Miami Beach. Food, adult beverages, service were so good, we returned to eat there again!Special Features:
- great food!MegoDined on 9/14/2014I was nervous when walking up to Larios, because I was hoping it wasn't a tourist trap with super expensive, mediocre food. I was pleasently surprised. The food was amazing. My boyfriend said it was the best roasted pork he had ever had. The restaurant was really loud though. We basically had to yell to each other. Also our sever was attentive at first, but then we hardly ever could get his attention. But the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Nice outdoor dinner restaurant for a special occasion. Enjoyed it, thank you!Special Features:
- A South Beach hot spotstarvalleyguyDined on 9/12/2014Larios is a South Beach hot spot that gains more notoriety from its owners, Gloria and Emilio Estevez, than for the quality of its food. We were warned to expect Cuban food with some American liberties taken, indifferent service, and a noisy ambience to the point of distraction. While the food was very good, the service more than adequate and the noise level as loud as promised, it was nevertheless a fun atmosphere that our party considered worth the investment. Everyone in our party had a bone to pick with certain aspects of their individual meals, but overall we came away satisfied and the better for the experience. The restaurant is small, but beautifully executed in white and teal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014The food and service were impeccable but way too pricey for Cuban food. I guess that's the price this place feels it can charge and get away with it since they are located in the touristy South Beach. As a local, I know better than to go back and blow $300 on a great Cuban dinner for 4 which I could have had anywhere else in Miami for less than a third of the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EstupendoMagaDined on 9/11/2014Tanto la comida como el servicio fueron maravillosos. Recomendaría pedir un plato por pareja porque son raciones muy grandes. El lechón asado y cualquier arroz están deliciosos. Lo único que cambiaría sería la música de ambiente, el día que yo estuve había una actuación en directo y para mi gusto, estaba demasiado alto. No podías tener una conversación agradable en la mesa. El restaurante recomendable al 100%. Y de precio genial.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not about the ownersHypKnowSisVIPDined on 9/10/2014Even though a name owns this place, the food is the best Cuban food my wife and I have had. We ate outside, but do know that it is not actually on the beach. It is on the road next to the beach and you cannot see the ocean or the beach. That being said, it is very well decorated on the inside, but we attended lunch so it was not busy which may have lent to the excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous portionsNU2FLDined on 9/9/2014Service and food were both excellent. Generous portions! Though we dined outside, we also went in to see the dining room and thought it was elegant.Special Features:
- Overpriced - Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Took my wife for Anniversary and major dissappointment. Service was horrible, food overpriced and drinks weak. Once some dropped our food off on our table and left we didn't see the waiter again. I had to go up to hostess and complain twice to get him to come back and bring check. I told him we had no drinks, water etc. and all h asked was if wanted check. Once I looked at check I realized why he didn't care. The 20% gratuity was already included. I voiced my displeasure to waiter and manager as we left to go else where for drinks. Would never go back and do not recommend.
- Fantastic!RPHReviewerDined on 9/7/2014We really enjoyed our outdoor lunch dining experience! From the service to the food to the ambiance, it was all amazing. The pulled pork was the best that I have ever had. Would love to try it for dinner next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/5/2014To be honest, Cuban food is Cuban food. And being that I am from Miami, you can get the same meal for 1/2 the price at a regular Cuban restaurant (i.e. Sergios, La Carreta, Versailles) however, if you are looking for ambiance well you found it here. Nestle in the middle of Ocean Drive you will find that this is a great place to people watch and enjoy cocktails with friends. I must say thou that the sweet plantains (aka maduros) wrapped in bacon are scrumptious. That you wont' find a local Cuban restaurant. The service was excellent. Our server was very attentive. On the other hand, we did sit inside. Would I go back, probably not to eat, but would have drinks with friends.Special Features:
- mbcubDined on 9/1/2014We had been fans of Larios for a number of years - it had been closed for over a year for remodeling. They did an excellent job - the restaurant is fresh and comfortable. The food continues to be the best Cuban food anywhere.Special Features:
- Larios on the Beach is a partyLiketopartymiamiDined on 8/31/2014I had a visitor from out of town that wanted to try Cuban food, so I reserved a table at Larios on the Beach. The decor was as loud as the place. The band was really good but hard to hear. The food was surprisingly good. I recommend it if you are up for a party scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!mam83Dined on 8/30/2014My boyfriend, friend and her husband dined here when we were visiting Miami. We were set on having Cuban food, and couldn't be happier with the choice we made! It was delicious! We were all very satisfied with our meals. They were so flavorful. The atmosphere was great. There was a live band, and it was just a lively good time! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great new decor, same superb foodCarloVIPDined on 8/30/2014We brought out of town friends to Larios for a birthday celebration. It was very special and memorable. Thanks to the wait staff for great care and the expected high quality and delicious food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014The beef empanadas were excellent. The tour of Cuba entree was also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I was affraid the A/C would be weak like in other establishments on the beach, but suprisingly, it was nice and cool. If you have stayed in MIA before you can remember running from the outside dinning because of the hot and humid weather. The food was spectacular, the people spoke well and everyone was very freindly. I had the Pork and I must say it was delicious. The dessert was good and we paid $120 for 3 people to eat good and have great wine. It was a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geeat food & MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014My husband and I were in Miami for our anniversary. Liaros was recommended by the tour guide. EXCELLENT choice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cena romanticaBetoaltamuraDined on 8/29/2014He pasado un momento muy agradable con mi esposa saboreando una rica cómica típica cubana..Special Features:
- It was a okay night..OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great and ambience was awesome.. Great remodel!!! But my only issue I have is that when we song Happy Birthday to my 3 year old son, the server grab his arms and held him and I ask him to let him go... Yes 3 years do get excited but he should not feel comfortable grabing my son.Special Features:
- Amazing food and decorFoodie123Dined on 8/21/2014Every dish we got was amazing. I forget what it was called, but it was a yellow rice dish with chicken. Definitely ask a waiter about it.Special Features:
- beautiful restauranthappyeaterDined on 8/19/2014the inside of this restaurant is beautiful. The outdoor dining appears to be typical of a south beach restaurant. The food was fine, but not amazing.Special Features:
- Great Cuban Foodgirlli13Dined on 8/19/2014Great Cuban Food, located on Ocean Drive. If driving try looking for parking on the street. Valet Parking is $20 during the week, which personally I think its extremely expensive for a week day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got to try it at least once!!LookinforagoodmealDined on 8/17/2014Food was excellent & Service was on point!!!. Slightly on the pricey side but I will revisit next time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Nice placeLee69Dined on 8/15/2014Beautiful restaurant, great lighting, live Latin entertainment, food was amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as sexy as beforeGoodchampagneVIPDined on 8/13/2014I remembered Larios in a different location that warranted a sexier atmosphere. Being on the strip takes away from the intimacy, but, it was fun. The food was ok. It didn't give me a true cuban flair, but we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014NOT WHAT I EXPECTED. IT WAS MORE LIKE EATING CHINESE FOOD THAN CUBAN FOOD AND I EXPECTED MORE PLANTAINS IN BY DISH, BUT GOT LESS THAN A HALF PLANTAIN. THE DRINKS WERE ACTUALLY GOOD. THE AMOUNT OF FOOD THAT WAS SERVED WAS GOOD JUST NOT THE FOOD ITSELF. THE WAITER ONLY CHECKED ON USE ONCE AND I WAS RUNNING LOW ON MY WATER. I WOULDN'T GO BACK.
- So SoaverageDined on 8/8/2014For a restaurant following the steps of Bongos the food was unimpressive. Ambience was loud so if you like it noisy this place is for you!
- Cuban Experiencetexascuties2014Dined on 8/8/2014Thank you to the staff for being patient with a big dinner group. We were having a bachelorette dinner with 16 girls. They were very attentive. Service was great. Food was everything we were expecting. A lot of the girls went again to have dinner the next day, and ran into Emilio : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.