Larios on the Beach
820 Ocean Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Larios on the Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lariosonthebeach.com/
- Phone: 3055329577x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. (open for lunch & dinner)
Friday - Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. (open for lunch & dinner)
Friday - Saturday 12:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. (lounge & terrace/late-night menu)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Odell Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Patricia Giraldo, Director of Group Sales for availability and pricing.
(p) (305) 695-7072
- Private Party Contact: Patricia Giraldo 3056957072x
- Entertainment: Grupo Tiempo al Tiempo, the restaurant’s live band plays every evening from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Special Events: Please contact Patricia Giraldo, Director of Group Sales for availability and pricing.
A word from Larios on the Beach
Since opening in 1992, Gloria and Emilio Estefan’s award-winning restaurant, Larios on the Beach has been known as Miami Beach’s go-to destination for authentic, award-winning Cuban cuisine, world famous mojitos and a stunning view of South Beach’s Ocean Drive. Specialties include traditional favorites as well as Cuban-inspired dishes. From sweet and salty bacon-wrapped maduros, black bean hummus served with crisp plantain chips, to a fresh tropical ceviche and a sizzling chicken vaca frita. Signature dishes include award-winning lechón (roasted pork), house-made pork tamales and the classic arroz con pollo. Triple C: “Calorie Conscious Cuban” - a selection of delicious, guilt-free Cuban staples created by Gloria herself. Items include marinated & grilled fresh grouper, baked plantain chips, vegetarian black beans and baked sweet plantains, among other selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Larios on the Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (40)hot spot (40)special occasion (37)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (23)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (14)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Geeat food & MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014My husband and I were in Miami for our anniversary. Liaros was recommended by the tour guide. EXCELLENT choice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cena romanticaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014He pasado un momento muy agradable con mi esposa saboreando una rica cómica típica cubana..Special Features:
- It was a okay night..OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great and ambience was awesome.. Great remodel!!! But my only issue I have is that when we song Happy Birthday to my 3 year old son, the server grab his arms and held him and I ask him to let him go... Yes 3 years do get excited but he should not feel comfortable grabing my son.Special Features:
- Amazing food and decorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Every dish we got was amazing. I forget what it was called, but it was a yellow rice dish with chicken. Definitely ask a waiter about it.Special Features:
- beautiful restauranthappyeaterDined on 8/19/2014the inside of this restaurant is beautiful. The outdoor dining appears to be typical of a south beach restaurant. The food was fine, but not amazing.Special Features:
- Great Cuban Foodgirlli13Dined on 8/19/2014Great Cuban Food, located on Ocean Drive. If driving try looking for parking on the street. Valet Parking is $20 during the week, which personally I think its extremely expensive for a week day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got to try it at least once!!LookinforagoodmealDined on 8/17/2014Food was excellent & Service was on point!!!. Slightly on the pricey side but I will revisit next time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Nice placeLee69Dined on 8/15/2014Beautiful restaurant, great lighting, live Latin entertainment, food was amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as sexy as beforeGoodchampagneDined on 8/13/2014I remembered Larios in a different location that warranted a sexier atmosphere. Being on the strip takes away from the intimacy, but, it was fun. The food was ok. It didn't give me a true cuban flair, but we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014NOT WHAT I EXPECTED. IT WAS MORE LIKE EATING CHINESE FOOD THAN CUBAN FOOD AND I EXPECTED MORE PLANTAINS IN BY DISH, BUT GOT LESS THAN A HALF PLANTAIN. THE DRINKS WERE ACTUALLY GOOD. THE AMOUNT OF FOOD THAT WAS SERVED WAS GOOD JUST NOT THE FOOD ITSELF. THE WAITER ONLY CHECKED ON USE ONCE AND I WAS RUNNING LOW ON MY WATER. I WOULDN'T GO BACK.
- So SoaverageDined on 8/8/2014For a restaurant following the steps of Bongos the food was unimpressive. Ambience was loud so if you like it noisy this place is for you!
- Cuban Experiencetexascuties2014Dined on 8/8/2014Thank you to the staff for being patient with a big dinner group. We were having a bachelorette dinner with 16 girls. They were very attentive. Service was great. Food was everything we were expecting. A lot of the girls went again to have dinner the next day, and ran into Emilio : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration TimemylunchbreakDined on 8/5/2014Bongos was the place of choice by my daughter for her graduation celebration; being closed Larios on the Beach was the substitute. We were not disappointed. The hospitality was exceptional and the food was great. If you need a relaxed atmosphere with great food and service- try Larios!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerfoddie101Dined on 8/4/2014The food and service were excellent. Had a great time over all.Special Features:
- GreatJorgeBDined on 8/3/2014I was there last week with my family and the service was great. But most importantly the food was AMAZING!. They had live entertainment. Cuban and Caribbean music. Waiter was very friendly and very attentive. I will definitely go back to this place again.Special Features:
- AWESOME NIGHT OUT WITH MY FIANCEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Had A Great Time Here With My fiance Fir Her Birthday Dinner! Great Food Great Drinks They Had The Band Going With Great Music To Give Everyone A Awesome Vibe! Management Is Great There! I Had Them Doing A Birthday Surprise For My Fiancé The Band Kicked It Of And Everyone In The Restaurant Joined In And Sang Along It was Great Night! And Def Would Tell The World To Go Enjoy Their Night There!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Beach - Love it or Hate itGastrodamusDined on 7/30/2014We went to Larios for brunch with our two kids. My wife saw the remodel of the place on HGTV and wanted to check it out. She is a big fan of Gloria. At 11:30 am on Thursday - we were the first people there. Prices were high, but expected based on location. Food was good, but not great. We had some appetizers as entries. If you love South Beach scene - you would love the place and the ambience. It's great for people watching. For more "authentic" Cuban experience - go off the beaten path and eat elsewhere in Miami.Special Features:
- A Must Try!!!NewFavoritePlace2goDined on 7/28/2014I loved the environment and food and the service was wonderful. I got to meet some famous celebrities. Its next to the beach and all the action in Miami!!!Special Features:
- DecentArmandoVIPDined on 7/26/2014The service was great. As the son of Cuban parents and grew up on Cuban cuisine, the food was average at best. Food undercooked and then over cooked on 2nd try. Beans and rice were cold. Maybe they changed head chefs after the renovations.Special Features:
- Not GreatJennyFTBlockDined on 7/24/2014I have been to Larios many times. As the restaurant has become more of a tourist attraction, the food quality has declined. Its definitely not on the higher end of the restaurants in South Beach. The arroz con pollo was not very good. I sent it back twice. Very small pieces of overcooked chicken and soupy yellow rice. I have eaten arroz con pollo in many restaurants in Miami, including my own kitchen. And Larios "Mama's Arroz Con Pollo" is my least favorite. And if you valet at Larios it is $20. Totally not worth the effort to dine at Larios.
- Fabulous foodDrPhil72Dined on 7/24/2014Loved the shredded chicken and the plantains. The service was poor. I would go back for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and ScenicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Larios on the Beach has a great location and delicious food. There was a live band playing when we visited on a Friday night, so it was loud and we struggled to talk across our table. Other than that, a great experience and I'd definitely go back. I would definitely ask for a table NOT in the same room as the band!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiencePuigDined on 7/11/2014The life music was great didn't expect that at all and overall the place is really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Nice South Beach hot spot. Food, ambiance, and music were great as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice locationMasboroDined on 7/9/2014My wife and I enjoyed our visit to Larios and will return. The food was very good and very reasonably priced (for South Beach). Our only slightly negative feeling was ghat the server could have been a little more attentive when it came to topping up our drinks from the bottle in the ice bucket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014excellent food and service!! Restaurant is beautifully decoratedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is OK. Place is beautifulHCDVVIPDined on 7/7/2014The food here is not remarkable. Just good typical home-style. The paella on the table next to us did look amazing. We had the Picadillo and the Pan-Seared grouper which were good; something I would have made at home. The appetizers (Tostones rellenos and empanadas) were ok too, but cannot be compared to the ones we've had at Ola, for example. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Magnificent restaurant, the food and service was awesome ! and very affordable ! loved the rice with black beans ! they were so good !defiantly will go back whenever we go back to miamiSpecial Features:
- Larios is the bomb!Food4thoughtMBDined on 7/5/2014I have been there many times, but not since they renovated the restaurant. They did a beautiful job, very beachy, airy, tasteful. Food and service excellent as usual! Love to bring out of state friends to dine here...it's a Cuban cuisine paradise!Special Features:
- Attractive place but bad serviceFoodloveeveDined on 7/5/2014Four people on party and we each ordered something different. Two of us took ingredients off of our sandwiches and the waitress did not take note of this. Sandwiches were wrong and nothing like the description on the menuSpecial Features:
- The ambiance won me over.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014The fact is Cuban food isn't difficult to find in Miami, so going to Larios on the Beach was more for ambiance. But before I plunge on that, we did have a great Calamari app to start, not tough or greasy with just the right seasoning. I had Lechon Asado, fair in taste with adequate seasoning but I've had better coming out of La Carreta and a lot cheaper. My wife had the famous Palomilla, can't go wrong here, although not a dish fit for a romantic conversation since it got cold quick. Had to ask for bread, not given without asking. Had Arroz con Leche, not like my mother use to make...too sweet and somewhat tasted like refrigerator. Café con leche to finish, awesome! Live music was the best part. Waiter, slow service but personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceMiamiGuideDined on 7/2/2014Larios on the Beach offers amazing Cuban cuisine and a stunning view of South Beach’s Ocean Drive. The restaurant, owned by Gloria and Emilio Estefan has just been re-opened with newly designed interiors and menu! The staff is very friendly and the food is excellent. Drinks, Appetizers and main dishes were all served fresh and HOT! I can recommend the ceviche, avocado salad, vaca frita, triple C grouper, and my favorite dessert Flan. Also, try the mint lemonade, it is like a mojito without the rum. Larios on the Beach is a MUST if you are visiting South Beach and crave Cuban food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatingwellDined on 6/28/2014This was a great spot- right on Ocean boulevard. Very loud with a small band playing, but fun! Food was great- had the steak. Portion sizes were just right- not too big or small. Good for couple or small groups- large group may be difficult due to noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaniDined on 6/26/2014Too cold in the restaurant and the wait service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very goodTesaDined on 6/21/2014We shared the calamari which was just ok, kind of rubberie, however the entree was excellent. I had the skirt steak which was cooked perfectly and very well seasoned and my friend had the fish which he indicated was very good. The music was an added plus and service was excellent.Special Features:
- kristalVIPDined on 6/21/2014Awesome food and great service. Love the background music! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014The food was great!! The drinks were even better!!! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!!Love2EatVIPDined on 6/16/2014Our hotel was next door and the staff recommended the restaurant that is authentic cuban food and it's owned by Gloria Estefan. My wife and I decided to give it a shot and we were not disappointed, while Gloria Estefan was not there, the food summed up in one word was AMAZING. The empanadas were delicious, the mojitos were to die for, the skirt steak was out of this world, the flan and cuban coffee were the bomb. The service was great and I give them and the food a 10 out of 10. We have never been to a restaurant where we ate everything that came out on our plate. Definitely recommended if you're in Miami...can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- gruppiefoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Great for South Beach people watching but not for the food.Special Features:
- We fall in love excellent!!!!EspectacularDined on 6/15/2014Congratulations excellent food personal service everything I love it me encanto regreso el mejor restaurant que he visitado en años impresionada del buen servicio y trato espectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.