636 San Anselmo Ave
San Anselmo, CA 94960Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lappartresto.com/index.html
- Phone: 4152569884
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday: 11:30 PM - 3:00 PM;Brunch: Saturday- Sunday: 11:30 PM - 3:00 PM; Dinner: Monday- Sunday:5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from L'Appart Resto
L'Appart Resto is located in San Anselmo, CA and serves casual French Cuisine. Come and enjoy our beautiful terrace for outdoor seating or a glass of wine and a bite to eat at our bar. Bon Appétit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
L'Appart Resto - Best Restaurants in San Anselmo ›
L'Appart Resto reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (27)romantic (26)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (6)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very disappointedFouetteDined on 8/28/2014It was a beautiful evening and my spouse and I and a guest dined outdoors. The scene was very nice, with a singer/keyboardist and a guitar player working well together. The food: We shared two orders of a soft-shell crab starter, which was marginally okay, but served on a bed of finely chopped mellon that was impossible to pick up with a fork. For mains our guest had a lobster risotto that was more of a soup and heavily spiced with cumin which overpowered the delicate lobster. My spouse had the duck confit which was far too heavily salted. I had the steak frites. The steak was a small, overdone and flavorless fillet. Not the usual beef cut for steak frites. The longest fry was 1.25" long. It was like the fries were culls for scrapsSpecial Features:
- DeborahDined on 8/21/2014It wasn't me that went, my husband did. He said the food and service was great.Special Features:
- family get-togetherLotusDined on 8/15/2014We enjoy it for family gatherings. The menu offers good diversity to satisfy each one. It is always a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and great atmosphereLMCKVIPDined on 8/3/2014This is the second time we have been to L'Appart Resto. The food is outstanding and the service is just as good. We love this place for when we are visiting family. Great spot for lunch outside so our dog can hang out with us too!Special Features:
- A very special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014We had a great time at L'Appart Resto. It was a very balmy night and we sat outside. They even had a band playing and there was a lively atmospere. However, we did end up moving to the inside because we wanted to have a quiet space to talk to our friends. The service is warm and professional and the food simply great. Their mussels are always a hit, regardless of which type you chose. This is a great restaurant and I can highly recommend this to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L,Appart is a partvistaeatsDined on 7/19/2014We were pleasantly surprised very good presentation owner happy We will eat there again does outside area allow dogs? Would be an added attraction if yesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 33rd Wedding AnniversaryBeenAroundtheBlockDined on 7/14/2014We like to cook at home, but for our 33rd anniversary, we needed to "storm the Bastille". So we walked the few blocks to L'Appart Resto, after making a reservation online, and took our place with the early birds at 5:30pm. We took advantage of the happy hour offerings at a table in the shade but still could see the clean tasteful interior of the restaurant. The live accordion player covered popular French classics while we very much enjoyed our oysters, steak fritte and duck confit. It was a nice repast to celebrate the beginning of our 34th year together. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great Food!YumYumRealEstateDined on 7/12/2014Had the mussels in white wine. They were fab! Also sampled the carrot cumin veggie burger. It was spicy and delicious! Super loud inside!! Parking was a challenge on the weekend night, but we found a spot closeby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but very expensivegemini2ozDined on 7/11/2014I would love to be able to visit the restaurant more often but it is way too expensive for a weekly dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot1ajfoodieDined on 7/10/2014We've enjoyed many a meal at L'Appart and consider it one of our favorite places in Marin. The food is always great, the service attentive, and the atmosphere outdoors quite nice. Our last dinning experience on a Friday evening even included live music. It's a great go-to spot when we have guests in town, or simply for a mid-week treat of good food. Decent wine list, too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2014Great music; food and service. I go there frequently and enjoy every minute I am there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Authentic French cuisine, grreat service and food. On the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurferVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food has always been quite good here. It seems that the wait staff has changed and is not well trained. And the music was blaring too loud, impossible to have a conversation.
- Great food!RKNZ2MARINDined on 7/4/2014Just had dinner here on July 4th with my wife for our anniversary dinner. Ordered a bottle of champagne on my opentable reservation, and the owner came over to confirm my bottle, as the one that I had chosen had two vintages. Food was great, steak cooked to perfection, prawn-stuffed squash was delicious, though my wife's lobster risotto could have had more lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningPalmfellowDined on 6/28/2014My daughter ate here recently and raved about how good the food was and I concur, the food and ambience is excelent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor dining with jazzfrancophilegemDined on 6/26/2014great place to sit outdoors and listen to jazz combo on Thursday evenings. food is usually very good--sometimes marred by my request to have everything garlic free (tall order for french restaurant!).Special Features:
- Great dinner at L'AppartLMC488Dined on 6/24/2014Everything was delicious! We will definitely come back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushedJanieDined on 6/21/2014The food was excellent but my guests and I couldn't help feeling that they were trying to rush us through our meal so they could have the table for another customer. For instance, they started taking our plates away while we were still eating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinggonerDined on 6/20/2014About once a year for some years now we have greatly enjoyed our visits to L'Appart, for the quality, French inspired food and the French atmosphere. This year we were disappointed, specifically: less French (mostly non-French staff, non-French music) and for two of us, mediocre food (the Lobster salad). I fear we have lost one of our former favorites.Special Features:
- love this placePTETDined on 6/20/2014Finally something local with outdoor dining and wonderful food. A great find - easy casual dining. I went three times for dinner last week. anxious to try it for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service and ManagementtennismamaVIPDined on 6/15/2014We have dined at L'Appart on a number of occasions. Only once has the service been good. This visit was the worst. It took us over a half hour for our server to show up and finally even get a beverage. About twenty minutes in, my husband went to the bar to get us drinks. The manager told him no and to go back to the table and our server would come. He did ten minutes later. There was no apology for the long wait or offer of a complimentary beverage, appetizer or dessert. The waiter recommended the lobster risotto - there were a few pieces of overcooked lobster in a soupy risotto. Not very good. The lobster salad was good but again, not much lobster. On top of everything, it was Father's Day.
- Good but Too ExpensiveDeborahDined on 6/15/2014Liked the restaurant allot, but too expensive for casual visits - entree was $28 (delicious); first course $10 (not so good); wine $11/glass (average pour). I will go back but not as often as I would like because of the price. We sat outside which was lovely and very quiet.Special Features:
- great soup, slow service good frieshighstandardsDined on 6/15/2014I was excited when a client gave me a $100 gift card to L'appart, we have had great times in the past, and we decided to make return for fathers day brunch. My daughter ordered fries. The tomato soup was amazing, best I ever had. burger and fries took a very long time, many of the staff seemed new and inexperienced. The kids were hungry and impatient. When the food did show up it was fine. BIG DISAPPOINTEMENT, we go to pay and were told they were not accepting gift cards. what do you mean, it even says the name of the restaurant on it, how could you not accept it? The machine was down, the manager just left, we had to pay on our own. Its been two days, I left my card for the manager to contact me and still nothing.......Special Features:
- LotusDined on 6/15/2014It was another memorable experience dining outdoors on Father's Day. We enjoyed the expanded menu of wider choices.Special Features:
- Consistent and CharmingNeighborhoodyVIPDined on 6/12/2014Food was good as always but service felt rushed. It did not feel like dining but eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Good musicsteweVIPDined on 6/5/2014The food was good, the service was excellent and the music wonderful.Special Features:
- Special EveningNaturalHorsemanVIPDined on 6/1/2014My bride had the fried squash blossoms to start, the bacon scallops as her main with a class of Sauvignon Blanc, and shared the cherries over vanialla ice cream for dessert. I had a good sized Lobster Salad from the Appetizer section that was off the charts good. Lobster , corn over butter lettuce with a Meyer Lemon vinaigrette. and a couple of glasses of iced tea. Nothing better on a summery Sunday evening!Special Features:
- Never dissapointsRayJDined on 5/30/2014We are regulars at L'Appart and there is a reason why, it never dissapoints. Food is great, service friendly, efficient and attentive and it doesn't break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor luncheaterDined on 5/30/2014Service was terrific. Food delicious! Very interesting selections. Would definitely return for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local haunt!FilippoVIPDined on 5/27/2014We had super mussels, stuffed squash blossoms, and an excellent duck confit. The wait staff couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/23/2014I've eaten here twice before and had good meals, but this time the lamb loin chops which were called a "Lamb T-Bone" were overcooked (not a bit of pink) and tough. Very disappointing. I chose not to send them back because I was with my daughter who hates anyone doing that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great french bistroFoodloverDined on 5/18/2014We celebrated my mom's birthday here last sunday and had a great time. They were very accommodating even setting up two tables for 7, one outside, one inside, for us to choose. While the patio is lovely, when the sun goes down, it cools down so we opted inside. Our food was delicious - very french. Steak with a delicious bernaise sauce and crispy frites. I had a steelhead trout cooked perfectly. The creme brûlée and chocolate fondant were excellent sharable desserts. The only thing negative is we brought our own bottle of wine and was surprised at the big corkage fee of $25. We're used to paying $15 but $25 seemed excessive. So be prepared if you bring your own wine. Also, it's not a full bar if you're looking for mixed drinks.Special Features:
- NONICKNAMEVIPDined on 5/14/2014My rating of moderate noise level is for OUTSIDE ONLY! Inside it is absolutely impossible to hear your companions. I don't know why they don't deal with this acute problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going down hillBelieverDined on 5/11/2014L'apart was one of our favorite restaurants so I took my mom and grandmother therefor Mother's Day dinner and was embarrassed for my choice. The waiter was less than engaged and helpful. When we told him that the steak was burnt, I mean bitter burnt and covered up wih sauce he just said "yeah" and smiled. Only at he end when he said sorry your food was burnt and gave me a bill with it in here I told him that it was in edible and it was bitter he went to take it off the bill. The remainder if the dishes we mediocre at best. There was heavy rock music blasting te entire night. At the French bistro! We could gladly hear each other. The scallops left me nauseous. The good part of the night was being out with my family. Never going back
- Disappointed.DannyDined on 5/11/2014Food was mediocre and service was worst I've had in a very long time.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch - we all really enjoyed our meals. Husband loved the steak, Mom loved her quiche. I would go again. Service was the teeniest bit snobby , i.e. not overly friendly, but very efficient.Special Features:
- Fab lunch on outdoor patioMizDeeDined on 5/9/2014I had quiche and salad, my son had hard time choosing cuz there were so many good choices on menu. He loved his croque MadameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2014It was the sort of dinner where you slow down and take little bites so that you can savor every bit. Truly wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 381 reviews are from the L'Appart Resto reviews archive.
- A GREAT LOCAL DINING EXPERIENCEbnb1947Dined on 4/19/2014THE FOOD IS CONSISTENTLY DELICIOUS, FRESH, INNOVATIVE AND COOKED TO PERFECTION. THE SERVER STAFF IS VERY POSITIVE, FRIENDLY, AND ALWAYS HELPFUL. THE PATIO DINING IS DELIGHTFUL AND A PERFECT ATMOSPHERE FOR A GREAT EVENING OF DINING WITH FRIENDS OR FAMILY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Probably my 7th or 8th time dining here. Party of six. Mostly high marks on nine dishes, presentation, but chicken was just okay, mussels tiny, skimpy on scallops for the steep price. Service okay but felt rushed and heavy handed, as if we were in a diner and they needed to turn the table. Our waiter and the hostess were American, so a bit lacking in the usual authentic French atmosphere. Still recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.