1054 31st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seacatchrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2023378855x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday from 11:30pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday from 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Monday - Saturday opens at 5:00 pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
CLOSED ON SUNDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For your next special occasion, enjoy the best in Washington DC Catering at the Sea Catch Restaurant. With our flexible venue speace and professional services, your unforgetable event is in thoughtful and experienced hands. Diverse and Flexible, the Sea Cath Restaurant is here to serve your individual needs.
- Special Events: Private Dining from 10 - 300 guests
- Cross Street: M Street
- Public Transit: The closest Metro is Foggy Bottom and Rosslyn on the Blue Line. You then can take the Georgetown Connector for $1.00 to M Street and 31st.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 3 hours complimentary parking with validation in designated garage (Constitution Parking). Located right next door to us on 31st Street.
A word from Sea Catch
Experience Georgetown's hidden gem! Located in Canal Square (M St and 31st St), set gently back off of the hustle and bustle of the main road, along the C&O canal, the Sea Catch is one of the oldest seafood restaurants in Georgetown. Request a cozy table near one of our two stone fireplaces or enjoy al fresco dining along the water. Sea Catch is proud to serve only the freshest seafood and has one of the largest Raw Bars in Washington DC, which serves an array of East and West Coast oysters. Dinner Specials change daily to take advantage of the freshest produce available. compliment your dinner with one of our wines featured by the bottle or glass. Enjoy $1 OYSTERS AND HALF PRICE DRINK SPECIALS DURING HAPPY HOUR, Monday through Friday from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. Celebrate Holidays and Special Occasions with a gift certificate from Sea Catch.*SEASONAL OUTDOOR PATIO SEATING!* (available on a first come, first serve basis)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sea Catch reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)romantic (42)special occasion (37)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (20)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (16)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Fabulous food. Wonderful staff. Great live music, too. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Upscale intentions and prices but slightly misses the mark Service is fine and food is pretty good but nothing as remarkable as prices would indicate
- barbaraDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food and service every time! We love the waiters and how much attention we get here. Everything is first class!Special Features:
- barbaraDined on 8/31/2014We always have terrific food here. Every time we try something new, it is always fantastic. We always receive great service!
- Outstanding food and service!iDineDined on 8/29/2014This gem of a restaurant is full of surprises! From the genuine and pleasant customer service to the evening ambiance set with dimmed lights and romantic music. On this my second visit, I still marveled at the fact that for many years I just drove by never knowing what type of establishment it was but thankfully a friend introduced me a few months prior. The food is delicious! The chef was very accommodating with the preparation request I made with my dish. You will agree that this is likely one of Alexandria's best kept secrets. Enjoy your visit...you will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Impressed by service, the restaurant honored an expired brunch coupon. To our surprise it covered brunch for my wife and I to include our cocktails. The brunch was excellent, service was spot on. Highly recommend the mushroom rounds appetizer, it was a pleasant surprise!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceSherlockDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and exceptional dessert, in fact the best dessert we have ever had...carrot cake and tarimasu. My wife and I had a Salmon and Trout entree and the portions were cooked well and of good size which really surprised my wife. As a starter we had the Lobster Bisque that had a great flavor. Our Server was name Stephen and he made sure our experience was pleasant. Lastly, the light Jazz was enjoyable, even had an opportunity to speak with the lead singer. We have nothing to complain about and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed our meal very much! Prices are a little high but we went during Restaurant Week. Very much enjoyed the live Jazz musicians.Special Features:
- barbaraDined on 8/17/2014Fantastic food and service every time!! A neighborhood gem!!Special Features:
- dcluv2dineVIPDined on 8/16/2014My first time dining, we really enjoyed the food, service and music. Will come back again.Special Features:
- Great spottwofoodiesDined on 8/16/2014We had a delightful experience. Staff were attentive and knowledgable. Food was interesting and well prepared. Convenient parking.Special Features:
- Always a good timeFunFoodster1260Dined on 8/15/2014I've used LaPorta's for a surprise birthday party (35 people), for lunch and for dinner. All occasions were great because of the service and the food. I highly recommend you use LaPorta's for a catered event -- Mary was so cooperative and helpful.Special Features:
- BoringJleonar1VIPDined on 8/15/2014Went during restaurant week and really was disappointed. Staying in hotel close by so gave it a try. 2 dinners with 1 glass of wine and it reminded me of years ago eating at Bob Evans except this meal was over $100. Salad was crisp and dressed nicely but nothing unusual in the salad. Lettuce, tomatoe and dressing. Just like BE. Next we both ordered Pork Schnitzel. Pork was cooked nicely but it was served with canned tomatoes with a couple of small pastas thrown in. Didn't eat all of that. :( the meal came with dessert. That was OK but the evening was a waste. The waiter came over while my wife was still eating her meal to go over their list of desserts. Pretty much like Bob Evans getting the rush out the door. The joint was only ¼ full.
- A Favorite Gathering PlaceCat52Dined on 8/12/2014My friends and I always enjoy getting together at LaPorta. The food is very good and a great value. I strongly recommend it for a relaxed evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShelliVIPDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service, food and we always love the music!Special Features:
- LaPorta's is excellentJohnRainesDined on 8/4/2014Great food, good wine, a relaxed ambiance and terrific service - as usual and always expected at LaPorta's.Special Features:
- sweeetjess91Dined on 7/31/2014It's my favorite restaurant in the Northern Virginia area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceamarieDined on 7/27/2014My husband searched for restaurants to celebrate our wedding anniversary and found Laporta's. We love jazz and the website mentioned a strawberry mojito and I was instantly sold on trying them. We were not disappointed! There was a jazz trio playing during dinner that we really enjoyed. I had the calamari, crab cakes and asparagus which were very good. My husband enjoyed the jumbo shrimp appetizer and salmon dish. We sampled each other's food and found that we liked it all. We will definitely return and so glad to have found this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooddaleoVIPDined on 7/26/2014good food and live jazz music in the evening made it enjoyable = try the onion pie appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillieTheKidDined on 7/25/2014We both enjoyed our dinner and Lauren was a fabulous server. It is always fun to enjoy jazz while dining, and Coco on the Piano did not disappoint. Thanks again for a great date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice surpriseGaryDined on 7/21/2014We've been to Laporta's a few times for the jazz music later in the evenings. This was our first visit for dinner and we were very pleased. The food and service was great. The Tuesday dinner special was the best bargain in the area. That got us in for dinner for the first time. We will definitely be going back. On top of the great food - this remains one of our favorite places for classy entertainment in a great setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overlooked gemTuckinalexDined on 7/20/2014Laporta's was our choice for my husband's 70th birthday dinner. We were happy to enjoy our meal accompanied by the excellent Walt Johns jazz trio. Perfect with our shared summer salad and pasta meals. The food was excellent (I had bay scallops over pasta, my husband had Tutta Mare over pasta) and I asked for and received a modification to the sauce for my scallops. We got a tiramisu to go for dessert. Lovely bottle of wine. the restaurant is located in an office building so somewhat nondescript on the outside but a real gem on the inside. Easy to drive by and not notice. Make an effort to go! Free parking in garage so very convenient. Worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nocookVIPDined on 7/19/2014Consistently good food and the entertainment is an added treat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Fish was uninteresting and rather dry. Wine available, 2 buck chuck could have been better choice for white wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Very pleasant experience. Would definitely make this a preferred dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time Around DisappointingLeslieavaVIPDined on 7/11/2014We dined here once before and found the music to be much better. This time, the amp was too low and the vocalist seemed untrained and uninterested in the songs she presented. The food was okay, but salad was terrible. Mostly Romaine lettuce that was described on menu as "mixed greens," dressing was bland. Yes, it was quite warm and humid outside, but the restaurant was like an ice box and we couldn't wait to leave to warm up. We will not return.
- Cool Live Music, Early SpecialsJimz2010Dined on 7/2/2014Laporta's has a great happy hour with very good food and drink pricing. They always have mussels, available in three varieties--even at happy hour. A variety of music is on with local performers most nights in the dining room. The wine list is fine with introductions with new finds appearing often. The main menu has a nice variety. Everything I've ordered there has been wonderful, and presented beautifully. They also have a great attentive staff. Laporta's is a class act.Special Features:
- Impromtu Date NightcheffygeoffyDined on 6/30/2014I surprised my wife with a dinner date at Laporta's on Monday, June 30. We had a reservation, and seated promptly at a nice cozy 2-top table. We realized we had come on Monday, which was a special deal on two entrees and a bottle. Those selections looked great, and the waitress (delightful!) showed us around the menu in an informative, yet concise manner. The portions were nice, the food was delicious, and the wine list is pretty good as well! Great experience! We will be back for live entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experienceEpiskyVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food was ok. Not bad, but not particularly outstanding. It was fine. The 4 stars are for the service and the jazz trio. We both had pasta dishes. They had just enough bite to them, however my dish was almost swimming in butter. I've had butter sauces before, it could have been better but it was adequate. It also needed salt. The drinks were fine, the non-alcoholic drink was nicer looking and tasted better than my sangria. The dining room was super quiet before the jazz trio showed up, mainly because we were the only ones in it. We may come again on a Sunday, but not for the food, but for the band.I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Laporta's food is average but priced at a premium. My lobster bisque was the color of squash soup and tasted like it. The main course, salmon, was average taste and was so over-presented that it looked plastic. Maybe part of that premium price is for the entertainment, a jazz trio. Unfortunately it was too loud for easy conversation. This was my second and last visit.
- Singer WAY TOO loud.gingerDined on 6/28/2014We were there early and it was nice. As dining room filled singer's volume got louder and louder. Everyone was just yelling at each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyGuitarGuyDined on 6/26/2014I took my wife here for her birthday. Things started off good however I ordered a drink and when it came out I picked it up and the bottom of the glass broke off spilling the entire thing on the table, my lap, and some on my wife's legs. The server moved us to the table next to us. I then sat for 15 minutes with no drink and no server. When she came back she admitted to forgetting the drink and finally fetched another. By this time the jazz band we came to hear decided to take a 45 minute break and the restaurant never turned on music so we sat in silence. The food came out and was NOWHERE near worth the $30.00 a plate we paid. At the end no apology or free drink for the one that landed in my lap. Last time we come here ever.
- Anniversary dinnerzig50Dined on 6/25/2014Great place to have our 14th year anniversary dinner. The chicken envoltine and the beef medallion special were both excellent. The waiter was very polite and checked on us numerous times throughout the night. The carrot cake was one of the best that I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, convenient locationToolsmithDined on 6/21/2014Excellent, thoughtful dishes. Our waitress was a little distracted, though. We always try to get out before the live music starts.Special Features:
- OUR FIRST VISITLuvgoodfoodDined on 6/15/2014We were pleasantly surprised, the food and service were great! We will visit again.Special Features:
- Nice Father's Day BrunchFoodieFredDined on 6/15/2014We tried Laporta for the first time this past Sunday. Great Service and delicious food. The piano player was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- diningoutVIPDined on 6/13/2014Saturday jazz worth listening to. Food certainly acceptable.
- tbartVIPDined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed excellent service and good food - what more could one want?Special Features:
- Mr. "I get around"DanSDined on 6/7/2014This was not my first time eating at LaPorta's but it was my guest's first time & we were celebrating my Birthday (a tad late) which was May 31st. She is a "foodie" from Washington, DC & she asked me to make a selection of someplace that I enjoyed, out by where I live, in Alexandria. Heck; then it was a "no-brainer" for me! Plus we both love Jazz & Sharron Clark & Satin Doll are two of my favorites & friends as well!Special Features:
- not worth your timedontmakefoodmakerezVIPDined on 6/1/2014Hostess was pleasant. Server neglected to give us specials. Nor did she come back to ask how the food was, so I'll tell you; the spinach was mushy, fried, and salty. The fish and rice tasted salty as well. I didn't care for the flaky mushroom pastry my hubby had. I won't revisit.