2520 Columbia House Blvd.
Vancouver, WA 98661Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lapellah.com/
- Phone: 3608287911
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11-10 Friday-Saturday 11AM - 11PM Sunday 10AM - 10PM Happy Hour daily 3:30PM-6:00PM Late Night Happy Hour Fridays and Saturdays only 9PM-11PM Sunday Brunch 10 AM - 3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: David Mork
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Planning a party? Let Lapellah help you with your next event. Contact us to discuss your catering options and your particular menu needs. We want to make your vision a reality. Want more info? Give us a ring at 360.828.7911
A word from Lapellah Restaurant
Lapellah Restaurant and Bar is locally owned and offers its diners wood-fired food and artisanal cocktails. We are a farm to table restaurant equipped with a wood fired oven and wood fired grill. For the best experience with a party of 4 or less - you may want to reserve our "Chef's Counter" where you experience cooks in action as they prepare your meal over an open wood fire. We also have a one of-a-kind communal table that seats up to 20 in our bar if you have a lot of friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lapellah Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Vancouver's Best!ibeadfunVIPDined on 8/15/2013Always our favorite place to eat! Mini-vacation every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the neighborhood fool youPhxjaneVIPDined on 8/12/2013This is a great, clean, upscale restaurant tucked into an odd shopping area on the freeway. Don't be alarmed, the menu and food are outstanding! Service was great, wine list was great. Vancouver has a hidden gem here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspired to write my 1st reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2013I suppose you could call me a "foodie" although I find that term a bit overused and pretentious. I enjoy eating out frequently and value good food, fresh ingredients, and true innovation if possible; not just a repeat of whatever is trendy in town right now (I have gotten to the point where I almost refuse to go to a restaurant with a charcuterie plate). Lapellah has some old standards done really well, and some unique touches that really make a meal special. They can their own vegetables, make their own ice cream, bake their own hamburger buns, grind their own meat, etc. Our waitress was truly knowledgable, even knowing the history of the food and guided us through choices that resulted in a really great meal. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to impress!lannDined on 7/21/2013Lapellah's food is so flavorful and fresh. The seasonal offerings are impressive and the portions are perfect. I tried the Sunday Supper and my husband had the pork chop. The cream corn with jalapenos was out of this world. I could have eaten it all by itself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Lapellah adinerVIPDined on 7/20/2013We have been to Lapellah a few times before and had success. The trip was not one of them. We shared a heirloom salad which was very good. For an entree, my wife order the salmon. It was served with the center uncooked. We sent it back and they charred the outside over high flame and returned it with the center still uncooked. Mot a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would order againloggercommodoreDined on 7/15/2013my hunny and I went for dinner. we both LOVED what we ordered....he had lamb, I had pork. the air conditioning was on in the restaurant, so we ate outside since it was a beautiful evening. the wind picks up a bit at night, so remember to bring a wrap or sweatshirt to stay warm...you'll need it either to eat outside in the wind or inside with the AC. but...the food is GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved celebrating my friend'sibeadfunVIPDined on 7/6/2013Loved celebrating my friend's accomplishment! it's always our first choice-place-to-go!Special Features:
- Best in Vancouver!ibeadfunVIPDined on 6/27/2013always our favorite place and favorite servers - great food - always something new!Special Features:
- Solid,As Usualpeanut37Dined on 6/22/2013My wife and I were joined by our niece from Seattle for a nice dinner on Saturday evening and it was fabulous. Very good waiter; two of us were recovering from head colds and didn't want any alcohol and the waiter (Michael, methinks) was sympathetic in knowing we had to stay hydrated. The food was great but you know, it always is. We have been to Lapellah about eight times in recent years and to me its best attribute is its consistent excellence. We highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodFillmoreVIPDined on 6/16/2013My family eats here regularly and enjoy the food. Hitting their happy hour (4 to 6) is fun as the idea is for everyone to pick several items from a menu and the food comes a plate or two at a time for sharing. The red beans and rice is very good; great hamburgers and fries; great barbecue ribs. We haven't been disappointed with anything we have had. The prices during happy hour are more economical as well. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- Liked the outside diningMarvVIPDined on 6/10/2013Tried the happy hour menu with outside dining. The food was great and it was a relaxing place to dine. It had an open area adjacent to dining for our kids to plan, it works just great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed - AgainSteveDined on 6/2/2013This was our second visit to Lapellah for brunch on a Sunday. The first time was Mother's Day. Service was off that day; decided to give them another chance thinking service issues could have been result of Mother's Day. Not so. Once again, service was utterly lacking. We were seated promptly & had a nice table. Got water right away from bus boy. Some 5+ minutes later the server finally graced us with his presence & after a further wait, he brought our coffee ... must have been the end of the pot as it was full of grounds! Another 10 minutes & we finally got to order our meal. I had the Spinach & Artichoke frittata: delicious. My wife had the pancakes; ordinary at best. 2 strikes & you're out -- won't return due to service issues.Special Features:
- so sostylinDined on 5/26/2013Tho it wasn't crowded when we entered for Happy Hour, it seemed to have a good dinner crowd. The HH menu wasn't original, just ordinary...very small portions. As mentioned not crowded, but waited quite awhile for server to appear -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!NICE2013Dined on 5/25/2013It was too loud though. We had a hard time hearing the Waiter. Everything else was superb. We don't drink , so we're unable to give a rating on your wine etc. Also need to try out your brunch still.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for being consistentlyibeadfunVIPDined on 5/23/2013Thank you for being consistently a delightful retreat in our weekSpecial Features:
- Perhaps the only very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/21/2013Perhaps the only very good restaurant where happy hour is observed everywhere in the restaurant and not just in the bar.Special Features:
- Yes! to this date nightFishingFashionPlateDined on 5/17/2013Great venue for date night. Fantastic food with a creative flare. Great desert drinks and deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceSeafoodieDined on 5/13/2013This is our 'go to' spot when we want something great to eat. It's very reliable that way. Imaginative menu and combination of local ingredients. Pricey and noisy though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLucasDined on 5/12/2013Best steak I have ever had it was a rib eye steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Vancouver!ibeadfunVIPDined on 5/12/2013Always the best service, food, creativity in the menu - fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisySibbyDined on 5/12/2013Good food, good service, but too much noise for comfort. Conversation is difficult without shouting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/10/2013I've always enjoyed Lapellah's food and service, but the service on this visit was terrible. We saw our waiter to order and pay. Someone else delivered our food. And when I flagged our waiter down to ask him for something , he never brought it and didn't even acknowledge it when he brought our check.
- Lapellah Restaurant - a solid "A"GZzzzVIPDined on 4/20/2013My husband & I enjoyed this restaurant; although dining earlier is recommended as it does get a bit loud. The restaurant has 2 sides; the opposite one was quieter with NO sports TV but we were seated on the other side opposite the bar. Next time, we'll reserve a seat in the other dining area. The food was great; we both had the Asian Chicken Salad which was terrific. And the fried calamari appetizer during Happy Hour was only $5; a true bargain! Our waitress was terrific; we needed to get our meal fairly quickly to make a 6:15 movie. She took great care of us, delivered the tab early to expedite a quick exit and even gave us directions to the theater. All in all - a great find!Special Features:
- I have gone here on severalKC66Dined on 4/19/2013I have gone here on several occasions, mostly for Happy Hour and lunch. This time went to dinner. This is a very busy restaurant and they still seem to be struggling at the front desk, even when people have reservations. We had to wait 15 minutes for the type of table we requested, but we were seated exactly where I had requested. Service was somewhat inconsistent. Not sure if they are under staffed or not highly trained. Food was very good. Will go there again!Special Features:
- Best new restaurant this yearKBellVIPDined on 4/13/2013It was our first time and we'd heard good things. It exceeded our expectations. The menu is varied-from the simple to the exotic ... something for everyone in our party. My husband had the macaroni & cheese and the creamed kale side .. loved it .. I had the scallops which were exquisite. The halibut fish & chips were sweet, moist and delicious. We will be back ... soon and often. Best new restaurant this year and an unexpected find in Vancouver (We are from Portland).Special Features:
- Consistently excellent --OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/12/2013Consistently excellent -- and one of the few places where happy hour can be enjoyed in the main dining room.Special Features:
- Our favorite place! It's ouribeadfunVIPDined on 4/11/2013Our favorite place! It's our "mini-vacation" every week!Special Features:
- My wife and I go there oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013My wife and I go there often and we find it to be very consistent and enjoyable. The changing menu always gives you something to look forward to, but there are always a few of the old favorites.Special Features:
- Best restaurant & Happy Hr in VancibeadfunVIPDined on 3/26/2013fabulous as always! Celebration of 21st birthday for niece was fun!Special Features:
- On line menu had more choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013On line menu had more choices than offered on site, limited selection.
- Love this place and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Love this place and the service and food are great.Special Features:
- Very nice Happy Hour menu;aw3200Dined on 3/16/2013Very nice Happy Hour menu; nice wine list and reasonable prices.
- love it! love the roastedibeadfunVIPDined on 3/14/2013love it! love the roasted veggies - keep making more (and tiny bit larger portions)Special Features:
- Great experienceonyxDined on 3/8/2013Celebrating anniversary and decided to stay close instead of driving into Portland. Recommend making a reservation, and glad we did since the place was hopping! Great meal and great service. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and they are happy to substitute any sides so you get exactly what you want.Special Features:
- Local NW FoodleftinthecoldDined on 3/7/2013We have been eating at LaPellah's for a couple of years now and the food is always very good. They always have specials that are worth trying and we enjoy the local northwest cuisine. The only negative is that sometimes the service is very slow, especially on Sundays. We've gone a couple of times in the early evenings on Sundays and have had to wait over 45 minutes after ordering our food. That being said, the wait staff is usually very attentive and pleasant. I would only recommend that they stop by and let you know that your food is coming eventually. That way, you would not think they have forgotten you. During the week, the long waits are never a problem, so perhaps it's a staffing problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always delightful! We consideribeadfunVIPDined on 3/7/2013always delightful! We consider it a mini-vacation every week!Special Features:
- This place is a find. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013This place is a find. Service was fantastic, food is the best in Vancouver. The mussels app. was better than the mussels I used to get in Brussels. Nice atmosphere , a little noisy for me with the high ceilings, but I'm old. I don't know what they pay Eric the pastry chef, but it's not enough, reminiscent of European pastries, the best we've had in years.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, a hoppingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2013Great ambiance, a hopping place for happy hour with an excellent small plate menu. The worst problem is the parking as it is located in a crowded shopping plaza.Special Features:
- thank you for always havingibeadfunVIPDined on 2/21/2013thank you for always having the best in service, food and atmosphere!
- We thoroughly enjoy this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We thoroughly enjoy this restaurant when dining at the bar or counter near the kitchen. However, the experience in the main dining is very poor. The service is extremely slow and the waiter consistently forgot to place the appetizer orders or follow-up on food items that were promised delivery. We were very disappointed as we invited a guest to accompany us to the restaurant. This truly dampened our experience with the restaurant. I doubt we will return when other dining options exist close by. They need to take service lessons from their neighbor--Beaches!