Lao Sze Chuan Uptown
4832 N Broadway Ave
Chicago, IL 60632Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Lao Sze Chuan Uptown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tonygourmetgroup.com/
- Phone: 7732934653
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Tony Hu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please call the restaurant directly for catering inquiries. We look forward to serving you.
A word from Lao Sze Chuan Uptown
Top Ten Chinese Restaurant in the USA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lao Sze Chuan Uptown reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (5)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- The Shrimp with lemon-A Must HaveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/15/2014The menu selections were endless. While I ended up with my usual beef and vegetables, my husband had the General Tso's, and my brother ordered the shrimp with lemon. The shrimp with lemon was the lightest breading on the shrimp and the most refreshing tasty dish for summer. I would come back for the shrimp dish and the spicy cabbage they serve as an appetizer for free. It was not busy so we were waited on by a team of servers. It was quick and the food was delightful.Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Lao Sze Chuan Uptown reviews archive.
- Yummo!LisaSVDined on 3/29/2014They accommodated our group of 10 quite well, making recommendations for dishes to share. We also had 2 preschoolers & they were great at getting dumplings to the table quickly for them & making special "bar drinks" with cherry juice & fuzzy water topped with a cherry which made them feel special. We love this place & come here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diss-appointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/15/2014The service was fine the food was disappointing not much flavor and very mediocre . I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Fantastic Uptown ChinesemkzakDined on 2/21/2014Living in Wisconsin, I make several pilgrimages to Chinatown each year to Lao Sze Chuan. The food is always delicious! The place is always jammed with people. The service is always fast and friendly. When I visited my brother in his new Uptown location, I thought we would try the north side location. We were all very happy! Pot-stickers, dry chili chicken, tea smoked duck, sze chuan green beans, pork short ribs with cumin. All delicious! All prepared perfectly spicy to our specifications, served hot from the kitchen. The only caveat (not a reflection on the restaurant): CAREFUL WHERE YOU PARK! Being unfamiliar with this area, having a sign buried in a dirty snow bank, led to our car being towed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extensive Everything!!WindyCityLoVIPDined on 1/17/2014While I migrate toward hotter, spicier foods, not only did I find it (oh, boy, did I!), but my dining partners and other with more timid palates seemed to be wildly enjoying their food. Such an expansive range of creations, large portions, great flavors offered. Bar offerings were also creative for cocktail specialities, along with a standard bar and limited but good beer & wine list. There were a few items that were unfamiliar-to-scary-to-ooky to me but i could bypass the intestines, kidney and tendon dishes ... i'm sure there were eyeballs on there somewhere!! But we have a flamingly enjoying meal is a beautiful space with great staff on a snowy, snowy night.Special Features:
- Oh my...TrishInChicagoDined on 12/27/2013This was a first time dining here. Our reservation for 5 was noted and we were promptly seated. Wait staff poured water, but didn't immediately arrive which was perfect. The menu offers dozens upon dozens fabulous items from which to choose, it took several minutes to read it. Our orders were served promptly without any glitches. 1 person in our group is not adventurous when it comes to dining, so we didn't expect her to rave about the experience the rest had there. I would definitely return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestHarryDined on 11/30/2013Probably the best Chinese / Schezwan food I've had anywhere. The technique used in the making of the food is masterful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!daleDined on 11/17/2013We love going here...always a treat! The staff is very friendly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent authentic Chinese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/16/2013Lao Sze was excellent. Food is excellent. Very authentic. Not Americanized Chinese food. Service was excellent. Servers are friendly, polite. I would go back.Special Features:
- Great surprise in UptownOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/1/2013Really enjoyed our meal here. Food was outstanding - no need to travel to Chinatown anymore. Service was very friendly, maybe a little slow, but we had no complaints. Warm and inviting atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family style Chinese dinner!KatieCDined on 10/26/2013We had a group of 10 and ordered a bunch of dishes to pass around and share. the staff was incredibly nice and made our evening special. I recommend the duck hometown style. All the dishes were delicious!Special Features:
- Fantastic DuckOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2013We'd been to the Chinatown location many times, so were anxious to try this uptown location. Food is almost as good, the atmosphere is "nicer", but it's not quite as much fun. The tea-smoked duck and green beans in spicy black bean sauce appetizer are phenomenal. Pot stickers are HUGE and too doughy for our taste. Could only eat one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic, classy, great serviceNotpickyDined on 9/14/2013Had a great experience here. Menu is huge, but they summarize the must-have dishes at the top of the first page. Food was outstanding, service even better. We had the tea smoked duck in particular, which is not something you'll see at every Chinese restaurant. Definitely give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.