1127 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5P2Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yaletownlantipasto.com/
- Phone: 6045581174x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday:5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can provide your next office meeting, social gathering or public event with some Italian flare. Depending on the time of day and the occasion we can serve up organic Coffee & Pastries, our Soup & Panini combination or sophisticated canapés.
A word from L'Antipasto
L'Antipasto is a family run Italian Restaurant that focuses on giving you a truly Intimate Italian dining experience.Continued
Specialized in classic and unique regional pasta dishes & fine Mediterranean Tapas.
You will only find the finest ingredients from Italy combined with seasonal produce on our plates.
Specialized in classic and unique regional pasta dishes & fine Mediterranean Tapas.
You will only find the finest ingredients from Italy combined with seasonal produce on our plates.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
L'Antipasto - Best Restaurants in Yaletown ›
L'Antipasto reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (32)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (17)special occasion (14)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good food but service needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2014Very cute little restaurant. We went for Taste of Yaletown, and when we walked up to the front door it smelled amazing. But - then we were left standing at the door for half an hour waiting for our (reserved) table. Then, it took a very long time for us to order, our drinks came after the first course (and one drink was forgotten), we had ordered an additional appetizer that they forgot about (but nicely comped and brought after our mains were served), and we barely saw our waitress after the good was served. The food itself, though, was delicious. This is the only reason I would give them a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The food was great but the servers could have been a little more friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- party of 3SmileyDined on 10/21/2014Just yummy all around - all 3 courses - tuna - ravioli - creme brule - quick and friendly service to bootSpecial Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationKarenDined on 10/18/2014My partner and I went here during Taste of Yaletown. Made a reservation and was seated promptly. Its a nice small and quaint place with an open kitchen. We sat near the kitchen and saw the entire cooking process and it was a fascinating experience. My girlfriend is vegetarian and they have good options for her, she had the salad which was amazing and I had the carpaccio which was a little over salted but still satisfying, the main course was gnocchi for her which is pillowy heaven, my lobster ravioli was just fantastic and so fresh tasting. Our dessert was tiramisu and panna cotta which was delightful. We were so full and came home happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencechuckTerriDined on 10/11/2014Lets start by saying that the restaurant service was superb! We had driven in from Chilliwack and got caught up in the traffic for both Vancouver Canucks and BC Lions Games. The staff called us first before giving up our table. Then once we had explained the situation held the table for us. Nice start to a wonderful evening. The "Date Night" special was excellent and worth the money we spent. The owners wife was our waitress and we got some of the old Italian charm. This restaurant was recommend by the owners of Harrison galleries. We did not expect to be served another art master piece. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodSomeoneFromVancouverDined on 10/4/2014I highly recommend the crab and lobster ravioli at this place. It's outstanding.Special Features:
- My favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014I have been to L'Antipasto on several occasions this year, both for lunch and dinner, and have never been disappointed .... only disappointment is that they are not open for brunch! A cozy, owner-operated restaurant which is always fun.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday before going to the Elton John concert. The waitress was very helpful and food arrived in a timely manner. I loved the olives and bread. We look forward to going to this restaurant again, even though we live in White Rock, some 60 km to the south.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must leave room for dessertYYenDined on 9/12/2014This was our 2nd visit to L'Antipasto. The first time we had some coupon deal.... and they ran out of the lobster ravioli.... I have been meaning to go back for a while now... and finally did... Our first visit, the portions was a bit on the small side, but now we realize, it was probably because of the coupon deal. We order appies and pasta, and the portions were very generous! It was so delicious I didnt want to stop eating.... i barely had room for dessert.... but I remembered our first visit, the tiramisu was to die for! So i had to order the tiramisu... just the way i remembered it!!! Best tiramisu ever! My friend got the Panna cotta... my first time.... oh wow... delish!! Must save room for dessert no matter how hard it is to!Special Features:
- Sat night in yaletownHKC61Dined on 8/9/2014Great find on open table simple menu not to many choices which we like , authentic tastes if you have ever been to Italy you will know , really great service from all , very authentic pasta dishes not to large so you have room for dessert , prices very reasonable too , we will be backSpecial Features:
- MorganDined on 8/5/2014Our server was delightful. She was super energetic, very attentive, and pleasantly bubbly. My girlfriend and I have both worked in the restaurant industry for years and we were very impressed by the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'Antipastodininout59Dined on 7/26/2014it was a very wonderful experience. Got to sit outside, in the nice evening air. the staff were very attentive and very helpful. The explanation of the menu sharing and pairing for two was a bit confusing, the food however was very delectable and tasteful. The portions were quite adequate, and we both enjoyed the experience. would recommend that restaurant again to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Italian pastaFamilyfoodiesVIPDined on 7/21/2014We eat at L'Antipasto as often as possible! My son loves having the gigli and my husband and I enjoy testing all the different pasta dishes offered. We return again and again for the wonderful food, quaint atmosphere and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gnocchiYTdinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014I had the gnocchi and it was very good, if a little heavy on the pesto. My partner enjoyed the crab ravioli and was equally impressed. They made a minor mistake with the order so we had a very slightly longer wait for the food than we should have. However the manager comp'd us some bruschetta so that more than made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll definitely go back here!FoodieDined on 7/18/2014First time dining at this smaller, independent Yaletown restaurant. I've walked past it for years but never gone in until I read their online reviews. Our experience was great. Friendly & helpful wait staff, delicious authentic Italian food & fast service. Check, check & check!Special Features:
- L'Antipasto Always PleasesmmichielaDined on 7/18/2014Charming and friendly service from this family run eatery, and always simple but delicious food make it a Yaletown stand out.Special Features:
- House made pasta was good!DeniseDined on 7/18/2014I think the appies were a 3-star but the seafood pasta was great, worth 4-star! We just came back from Italy so our expectations might have been a little high. The restaurant is worth a try!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceDHMsopinionVIPDined on 7/8/2014First time trying this place and was suitably impressed. Very nice outdoor covered patio area on a trendy restaurant strip. The food was very tasty and nicely proportioned and priced. Unique cocktails and good wines on offer. Good spot for those that like trendy fun venues. Our waiter did an excellent job ensuring we had a great experience. I will definitely return in the future and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findJohnMDined on 6/30/2014We have walked by the restaurant many times over the past couple years, not noticing it due to the small patio and the sign is not easy too see (don't change it). But our daughter found it, and recommended we go, and glad she did. The food is fantastic, we have been twice in the last 5 weeks. Authentic, great service I kind of didn't want write a review so that it would not become to popular, but had to share. Everything on the menu is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little findschauDined on 6/27/2014L'antipasto is a very unique restaurant that you can easily overlook if you don't pay attention. The inside only has limited number of seats but the ambiance and the friendliness of the staff more than makes up for the size.Special Features:
- A delight!TroyMDined on 6/27/2014Each time is better than the last. It is like a dinner with your extended family. Food is consistent and delicious!Special Features:
- The following 85 reviews are from the L'Antipasto reviews archive.
- putchDined on 6/26/2014You know a restaurant is good when, on the way home, you can't stop talking about how good it was. The Burrata caprese as an appy almost melts in your mouth. We shared the Carbonara, Ravioli and Funghi pastas (sorry exact names escape me) and all of them were incredibly flavourful. The Tiramisu is the best I've had .. ever .. and I look long and hard for good Tiramisu everywhere I go. So great food .. combined with friendly staff (our waiter was the owner) who seemed to genuinely have an interest in your meal, means that we'll definitely be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy Saturday; service unevenyummVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food was not as good this time as with our previous visits. My pasta was lukewarm, bordering on cold. Service was a bit sloppy due to it being a busy Saturday night in Yaletown.
- va beneashsaberDined on 6/21/2014ate solo - promptly seated, served and fed. a bit unsatisfied with the amount of pasta when the food came out, but it's good taste there was live music - a gal was singing with her guitarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little piece of ItalySkylarkDined on 6/21/2014This was our second dinner visit (we're from the Okanagan). We'll be back. Great food and great service. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food, wonderfully prepared.level42manDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I have eaten a lot of restaurant meals over the years, including many in Italy proper- - but I'm hard pressed to recall a finer Italian meal. The service was excellent- - friendly, knowledgable, gracious. When I attempted to order the clams appetizer, the owner gently suggested that, since it was served in a white wine sauce, it would be better to go with the mussels, as we had ordered a bottle of chianti. He was right on. When I turned up my nose at the tiramisu (as I've never once had any I thought was worth a rip), he swore I'd change my mind. Again, he was right. It was excellent. This is a small, simple place, but don't let that fool you. It's a real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedJFoVanDined on 6/11/2014I saw lots of great reviews for this restaurant online so my expectations were pretty high going in. I made reservations for my birthday dinner and I have to say I was not impressed. The food was mediocre. I ordered the tomato bruschetta which was very plain and not very tasty. I also ordered the lobster ravioli which was presented nicely but again lacked flavour. My partner ordered the cheesy gnocchi which he enjoyed but the portion was so tiny that he was still hungry! The service was a little slow and definitely not friendly (as expected again from the reviews of others). I'm not sure if we came in on an "off" night but I left feeling disappointed. The quality of food was nothing special for the price we paid. Good ambience though!Special Features:
- gabiDined on 6/11/2014Food was very good. Prices reasonable. Friendly atmosphere. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great italian foodHayywireVIPDined on 6/9/2014We had very good appies and the pasta was great, too. The only little issue: it took a while for the server to take the order and give us the bill.Special Features:
- Amazing!TroyMDined on 5/23/2014The food is amazing, the service is friendly, efficient and fun. You can tell there is a lot of passion for food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charmingluv2eatVIPDined on 5/13/2014Service was excellent! The waiter made you feel special and took time to explain the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceJeffBeaulieu3Dined on 5/8/2014Had mussels and caprese salad for appetizers. Main course was the Parpradelle with short rims and the seafood spaghetti. Everything was executed perfectly and was extremely tasty. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TaylorDined on 5/3/2014I really enjoyed our meal at l'Antipasto. Our waitress was extremely knowledge about the menu -- taking the time to explain each meal was I considering and didn't recommend the most expensive option (which means to me she was more concerned with me having a great meal than the price). The food was absolutely delicious. The pesto sauce is wonderful - worth getting bread to finish off the extra. It was a little pricy, but worth it for a good night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!EdwinaDined on 4/14/2014Our group of 5 girls started off by sharing a salad and clams (came with bread), and they were both incredibly fresh and delicious. We were also all more than very satisfied with our pasta mains. Dessert was also amazing. We shared the tiramisu, vanilla panacotta, and lavender creme brulee. They were creamy and had the perfect balance of flavours, so that none over powered the other. Absolutely amazing food and service. We all had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Fantastic little restaurant, great food , atmosphere and the staff where really cool and nice. A must visit in Yaletown!Special Features:
- Excellent foodFrequentdinerDined on 3/7/2014Had the sauteed seafood appy and then the spaghetti carbonara; both were excellent. Only only weird thing was the initial greeting. We arrived for lunch 15 min after their opening, and they didn't seem like they were ready (even though we made reservations) for customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian findJackDined on 3/6/2014Squeezed between much larger trendy restaurants L'Antipasto is tiny. 9 tables inside, a few more outside. Open kitchen occupies nearly half of the space! We(2) were there for a late lunch and it was very quiet. Four staff (3 family?) Limited but expressive menu and oh so good. Best we have ever experienced including in Italy! Salt Spring Is. mussels, crab and lobster ravioli, calamari, shrimp, clam and crab risotto - you get the picture. Incredible flavours of springtime Italy. Top it off with a bottle of wine and you can't go wrong here. But it is tiny and could get crowded easily so make reservations and when full it might be a bit "energetic". A true family run, quality Italian cooking. English spoken but Italian preferred!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quaint place, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Great quaint place, great food, and friendly vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around a great experienceheyealexDined on 2/16/2014It is a small restaurant, 20 person max capacity I'd guess. The food was outstanding, made by a talented italian chef who cooked all the food right behind the counter. They have a great selection of italian wines, the cocktails are not bad but I've had better at lower cost. The waitress and bartender were were awesome, definitely made dinner that much more fun. The service was pretty much instant, since, as I said, the restaurant is relatively quite small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian CuisineDarleneDined on 2/15/2014Reminiscent of a great meal we had in a family run restaurant in Florence: Italian cuisine, light on cheese, heavy on flavor. The owner served us and shared with us that her menu covers a cross-section of regional Italian cuisine. I had the ravioli dish which the owner advised us was her mother's recipe. It was delicious! My partner had the pasta vongole dish. She requested gluten-free pasta and found it to be the best gluten-free pasta offering she had ever eaten. All around, a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.