772 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
Short North - Arena District
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lantibes.com/
- Phone: 6142911666
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Matthew Litzinger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: L'Antibes is available for private dinner parties on Sunday and Monday evening.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Litzinger 614-291-1666
A word from L'Antibes
L'Antibes delivers an intimate fine dining experience, serving classic and contemporary French cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
L'Antibes reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (20)fit for foodies (19)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- L'AntibeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014This was my first time eating at L'Antibe and it exceeded my high expectations! Our server, Dominic, was friendly and provided great service. The meal was great from the first course through the last. Perfect portion sizes, great timing between courses, and of course the food was absolutely delicious! We had Foie gra for an app, avocado salad as the 2nd course, filet and ahi tuna for the main course, and stuffed crepes for desert. Everything cooked to perfection with great presentations. Two thumbs up!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeRichHDined on 10/17/2014I save L'Antibes for special occasions and they always come though with the best diner in Columbus. Thanks for a great birthday dinner for MeganSpecial Features:
- Perfect eveningHattieVIPDined on 10/14/2014Matt Litzinger has created a special restaurant tucked away on a side street in the Short North. The food and service were by far among the best we've experienced in Central Ohio. The beef short rib entree was cooked to perfection, and the compressed beet salad with an aioli accent was delicious. Our birthday dinner was completed with a shared serving of homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh berries. The restaurant is a must for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but excellentChicagovisitorVIPDined on 10/3/2014In this tiny restaurant, the staff strives to produces excellent food with very good wine choices. Great place to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!MJB15Dined on 9/13/2014The food was clean and fresh, seasoned perfectly, not drowning in needless sauces. The very best filet I have every tasted, absolute perfection! The salmon entrée was incredible as well. The crab cake starter was loved by my husband who normally doesn't eat any seafood. The avocado salad was refreshing and quite tasty. Service was perfect! Impressive wine list accompanied by wonderful suggestions for pairing. Can't say enough wonderful things about L'Antibes. We will return soon and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 14 table placeMwblawDined on 8/19/2014This is a small restaurant where they pay attention to detail. The plates are beautiful and the food is subtle and vibrant all at the same time. Although not priced for an everyday meal, it can be reasonable enough just to go on a whim and I suggest that you do. The staff was pleasant without being intrusive and it was a lovely experience all around. We had dinner for 2 1/2 hours and it seemed liked we just sat down. It was a wonderful evening and we went for no other reason then just to have a nice meal and a great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our dinner but they were somewhat over-priced considering the very small portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pedro09reDined on 8/8/2014Both our meals were excellent. The Service was top notch The ambience was very good. Quiet but not pretentious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2014Always a pleasure, chef puts alot of thought and work into each dish providing for an amazing experience that does not disappoint. The weather was beatiful and the new patio was amazing. The patio environment allows for more casual dining and increases the capacity. The patio menu contains lighter (and less expensive) fare but is equally amazing. We sat on the patio and ordered off of both the patio menu and the main menu. Now you can walk up in casual attire and get a seat on the patio and eat a lighter meal and enjoy a drink with friends as well as opt for a more formal & romantic experience indoors. The patio has taken the restaruants parking spots, and if there is no valet present, parking may present a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YardgirlDined on 8/5/2014Intimate space, excellent service, wonderful food. An overall delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionrsneadDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I came to L'Antibes to celebrate our anniversary. The food was fantastic - some of, if not the, best food we've had in Columbus. The dining room is small, quiet and intimate. Perfect for a special occasion or dinner with loved ones. The service was spot on. We want to come back and dine on their nice patio the next time it's open.Special Features:
- Good but not great.WVFoodSnobDined on 7/19/2014I had wanted to eat here for quite sometime. I passed it numerous times on my way up and down High Street. I finally made a reservation. The menu looked exciting to me and the wine list was exceptional. Once served I found the food to be under-seasoned. The price was high for the quality and flavor of the food. I expected exceptional and what I received was mediocre.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Until recently, have always considered L'Antibes one of the very best restaurants in Columbus, the only one for 1st-rate classic French cuisine, worth the high-prices. But a recent meal was disappointing: although two appetizers were indeed excellent (foie gras, porkbelly), two entrees were just adequate but flawed, the third (lobster) unworthy of this restaurant---lobster portion tiny and flavorless, sauce and risotto had no imagination and utterly, utterly bland; desserts good, not remarkable in any way. At a moderately-priced restaurant, this meal might be considered adequate, but for $235 (3 people + wine, not including tip), this was completely unacceptable. Perhaps this occasion was just an anomaly, so do check for later reviews.
- The following 392 reviews are from the L'Antibes reviews archive.
- Great, but very, very over-pricedJamesDined on 6/28/2014L'Antibes was a special occasion night out. The meal was perfect, the service superb and, aside from a little too-chummy of a seating arrangement, the experience ranked among Columbus' finest. But with all that said, and with selections that ranked at the menu's mid-point, the price tag was just over-the-top.Special Features:
- Nice French restaurantHungryVIPDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I hadn't been there in a couple of years and were pleased to see it was just as good as it used to be. Great food, nice wine, good service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014Real gem in the city! We highly recommend to people who wants to have wonderful AND quiet dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'Antibes visitCMHDinerDined on 6/5/2014What a fabulous restaurant! The beet salad and creme brulee were out of this world! The entrees we had were devine. A Columbus legend but our first time getting there. L'Antibes did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodbruceDined on 5/29/2014L'Antibes has long been one of Columbus' premier restaurants. The quality of its food is outstanding, every dish terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, overpricedChandraDined on 5/16/2014The food was very good but rather overpriced. We were especially annoyed that the cheapest wine was $55 a bottle -- something, at a restaurant like this should have cost $30-35. We ordered grappa to end the meal -- the waiter said that they didn't have it, and placed in front of us a glass of pernod, which we didn't ask for. We assumed that it was a gracious gesture for not having grappa which was listed in the wine menu. When the bill came we were taken aback to find that we had been charged for it -- something we didn't ask for, something we had not been consulted on as a replacement for what we ordered. That was pretty tacky.
- Thoughtful Food/Perfunctory ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Lovely menu, terrific wine list, and thoughtfully prepared ingredients. Dining room is a bit Spartan, but pleasant. Service was bland, perfunctory - clearly he was just doing his job with exactly zero enthusiasm or desire to be at work. Two notable downsides to the evening: Ordered a half bottle of Ramey Chardonnay RRV, but were told that they were out. The substitute (at apparently the same price)? A half bottle of Calera Chardonnay Central Coast. At retail the Calera is less than half the price of the Ramey. Seems a little sleazy to try to swap out a $9 retail bottle in place of the Ramey. Second downside: $120/person tab (for not a big meal/lots of drinking). There's a lot of better competition in this city at that price point.
- It's Ok?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/26/2014L'Antibes has been a fine dining staple in Columbus for a long time - regularly makes lists of best romantic and special occasion restaurants, etc. My husband and I had been looking forward to an excuse to try it for awhile and finally gave it a go as part of a night out for my Birthday... unfortunately, we weren't blown away. Neither of us minds dropping a fair amount of money for a good meal but in this case - the price point was on par with The Refectory, but neither the food or service held a candle to it. We shared a small plate, each had a salad & an entree, plus a couple glasses of wine each - while not bad, also not remarkable & definitely not worth the hefty bill. Oh well, at least our curiosity has been satisfied.Special Features:
- Elegant but not stuffyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014A group of five business friends went here because another colleague recommended the escargot, duck with white bean cassole, and chocolate mouse. We also enjoyed the foie gras special, beef, salmon, and other desserts. The waiter was perfect, and rolled with our frivolity. Unless WE were there, you could also have enjoyed a very romantic quiet dinner (there are only about 10 tables that I saw). Great French food and a robusto-length (if you smoke) stroll from the convention center.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014Always great food and the best French fare in town!! Great place for special occasions!Special Features:
- Website problemsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2014I received TWO reminders about my reservation on the day AFTER we had already eaten there. Our reservation was for April 15th at 5:30pm and we they had it on their books. Then I received the reminders on the 16th -- TWICE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The very good: The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014The very good: The food was outstanding. The service was timely, friendly and outstanding. We wanted to try this place for a few years now. The bad: The servings was too small. The price was way too high. I had to eat two full bowls of bread to be full. For the same price, my wife & I could gone to the Fish Market for the same price, nearly the same quality (yes, I admit they are better than Camy's old gig but not that much more!). It is simply overpriced for the amount of food served. We joked when we left pizza truck knew park right outside because their customers would still be hungry. We also joked that their motto should be "In our restaurant, we won't fill you up and we will leave you a little lighter (in the wallet)."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love L'AntibesLeonardoDined on 3/26/2014One of the best restaurants in Columbus, Ohio. We were celebrating our 10th year wedding anniversary and we had a very romantic dinner. The preparation of the dishes is simply excellent and the taste is even better! The foie gras melts in your mouth (definitely the best in Columbus). We also had the sweetbread and they were delicious. We both had the duck for the main course and again it was delicious. The service was excellent. We just love L'Antibes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time diningKariDined on 3/22/2014This was our first time dining at L'Antibe's. I had heard so many good things about the food and atmosphere of the restaurant but had never visited. Why it took us so long to go is beyond me !! I now have a special-occasion-go-to spot !! It was outstanding. Each course was better than the previous one. How it could get any better is beyond me !! I can't wait to return !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'Antibes-Our absolute favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with dinner at L'Antibes. Each course was perfect in both taste and presentation. We ate crab cake and pork belly appetizers, avocado salad, entrees of salmon and beef tournedos, followed by desserts of mascarpone crepe and lemon curd parfait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and wonderfulGodesDined on 3/15/2014The food was fantastic--I can't recommend it enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Nice atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/15/2014Great food. Nice atmosphere. Waiter was very helpful and available, but too loud and constantly holding on to patrons chairs while talking boisterously, just not quite "professional" for such a wonderful place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gourmet food and ambiance!2birds1stoneDined on 3/8/2014Very great place for foodies, don't go expecting large portions, great wine list, awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful presentation and taste!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our crab cake and fois gras with apple compote appetizers. The pork loin was cooked to perfection and the lobster risotto was delicious! The wine list gives one many good options and the choice of dessert and or after dinner aperitif completes the meal. Always enjoy the ambiance where you can actually hear the other people at your table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptionnelabitofparisDined on 3/7/2014We celebrated an anniversary and it was splendid. The atmosphere was perfect for four and the food fabulous. Had a wonderful night out. Parking is limited but the valet service was great and had our cars right out in front at the end of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatAjdellaDined on 2/19/2014We have been here numerous times and have never had a bad experience. The food is consistently fantastic and the server is well educated on articulating the chefs process. Great price point for the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMonqueDined on 2/8/2014I took some friends who were visiting from California to L'Antibes because it was highly rated and I had not yet been there. Our water was condescending and pretentious. The food was OK, but certainly not spectacular. I will not return and would not recommend.
- Early Valentine's CelebrationlimerickDined on 2/8/2014This is an excellent restaurant. Been there a few times and always high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, the menu had ampleFoodieDined on 2/8/2014As always, the menu had ample and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionLessnerdDined on 2/6/2014Delightful dining experience. I highly recommend this small and special restaurant. Everything I ate exceeded expectations. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Wonderful French inspired foodCbusFoodieDined on 1/4/2014L'Antibes is a wonderful, French-inspired, comfortable restaurant. Service was impeccable. It's a quiet, understated restaurant, so if you are looking for high energy, this isn't the place for you. However, the food was wondeful! Every dish was delicious, cooked perfectly, proper temperature, and combined wonderful flavors. We particularly enjoyed the cauliflower soup, avocado salad, short ribs, duck, and crème brulee. Highly recommend! We took our 10-year-old daughter and she loved it as well, but then she's quite the adventurous eater!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artful and tasty combinations!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/26/2013The torchon of fois gras with pistachio nuts was melt in your mouth. We also enjoyed the hollandaise sauce with lobster on the tournedos. And the truffle oil gnocchi with fresh fish! It is such a pleasure to eat where you can speak quietly with your company and still be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.