Lanterna Tuscan Bistro
3 South Broadway
Nyack, NY 10960Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Lanterna Tuscan Bistro
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://lanternausa.com/
- Phone: 8453538361
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner Daily: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rossano Giannini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer outside catering with menu design for any special events.
- Private Party Facilities: Call restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Rossano 8453531387
- Entertainment: Cooking classes and wine tasting every month featuring the chefs personal recipes and a variety of fine Italian wines.
- Special Events: Cooking classes and wine tasting every month featuring the chefs personal recipes and a variety of fine Italian wines. $75 dollars per person includes tax and tip. Seating is limited and classes sell out fast.
A word from Lanterna Tuscan Bistro
Chef Giannini has brought the flavors of Tuscany to the quaint Hudson River Village of Nyack, NY. Lanterna offers a variety of homemade pasta's, fresh fish and meat dishes, as well as homemade desserts. Lanterna is also the home of Chef Giannini's "Culinary Events" which include cooking demonstrations, cooking classes, and wine tastings.No online reservation with GrouponContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lanterna Tuscan Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Happy 42nd Wedding AnniversaryHadAGreatTimeDined on 4/6/2014This was our first visit and won't be our last. Our children gave us gift certificates at Christmas and we said we'd use them to have our anniversary dinner at Lanterna Tuscan Bistro. We were quite pleased with the ambiance, service and above all the food. It may have been a bit pricy but well worth it. Our waiter Fredy and his assistant were very attentive to our wants and needs. They knew it was a special occasion for us and did all they could to see that all went well. We recommend the Lanterna highly and if you are in the Nyack, NY area plan on a visit. Great time Gang - Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!cescaDined on 4/2/2014We can always count on a great meal at Lanterna's. The food is well-prepared and generously portioned. The wait staff is pleasant and efficient. It has a charming and intimate ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lotsa good places to eat in Nyack -StuieeeDined on 3/28/2014Lanterna's always a very good and always enjoyable place for a nice dinner in Rockland. Service is always friendly and casual, the crowd is a nice mixture of neighborhood folks, young couples, etc.... and the food is VERY authentic northern Italian, never too spicy or too heavy. Save room for the tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Cuisine and Great ServiceCJMCVIPDined on 3/1/2014Everything was terrific, I loved the pappardelle with wild boar sauce, she loved the porcini ravioli... truly gourmet Italian food, Fun and lively atmosphere and attentive service,,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNRFoodVIPDined on 3/1/2014Food is awesome, service is fantastic. This place is a gem, so glad I've discovered it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerKawal618Dined on 2/28/2014Food and service good. A good selection from mention. A little pricey but that was expected. Enjoyed the dinner and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousmichelleDined on 2/15/2014Second time here. Wonderful both times. Jumbo shrimp appetizer, lobster ravioli and chocolate layered dessert were all amazing. wanted to lick the plate. Waiter was terrific and nice touch to give the ladies a rose on Valentine's day.Special Features:
- Great Northern Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Wonderful Northern Italian food, including a terrific pasta dish with white boar ragu. The restaurant has a warm, inviting ambience and a very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialJMSPKGVIPDined on 2/14/2014We make it a point to get to Lanterna every few months. The food is always delicious and the service is very good. The owner, Rossano, is always welcoming and friendly, regardless of how busy he may be. Going to Lanterna is always special- never disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent Valentine's Day mealChaseacDined on 2/14/2014kind of picky for Valentine's Day, but this lived up to it. Excellent.Special Features:
- The food and service wereSharunsDined on 2/8/2014The food and service were excellent. The restaurant is very quiet and we were seated very close to the 2 tables in the front window. The restaurant would have a warmer feel if there was quiet music. We felt like both couples next to us were listening to each other's conversations. Seated too close...not enough background noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!RayRayDined on 2/8/2014Excellent food and service! They have the best bread outside of NYC. Great wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner close bye.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014Really a delicious meal. The anti-pasta app was so yummy! All of our diners were great. The cheesecake was only so-so. The oy downside is if your table is not ready there is no where to wait. But we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Than Your Average Lunch SpotLindaDined on 1/29/2014I was in the area on business with a colleague and looked online for a spot that offered more than the usual lunch fare. The Lanterna was a great choice. The staff was very friendly and provided excellent service. The squash ravioli was good; the wild boar ragu was excellent. A wedge salad to start and a dessert to finish up were plenty big enough to share and on par with the ragu. Overall a great lunch. If in the area again, I would certainly plan a return visit, maybe the next time for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceMikeDined on 1/15/2014This restaurant makes all there food fresh and you can taste it. I went with a group of coworkers for there 3 Course meal and wine and it was outstanding. Not only was the food fresh you got four full glasses of wine included. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who comes to Nyack!Special Features:
- A special restaurant!nntucktVIPDined on 1/14/2014This neighborhood restaurant is a gem. It is warm, inviting and the food is outstanding. There is attentive service and the atmosphere is like cozy blanket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night outAndrewVIPDined on 1/11/2014Great place to go for a excellent meal with all the extras available. Can be quiet noisy when full and no room to wait when table not ready. Lots of choices great specials nicely prepared handle full restaurant quiet well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowFoodie101VIPDined on 1/6/2014Wow a neighborhood gem While in new city went to open table to search for a good place for lunch Thank you open table Every dish was WOW We will return from NYC Worth the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, very good serviceYaelDined on 12/31/2013We went on New Year's Eve expecting the experience to be just OK. What a surprise to enjoy excellent food and great service on a busy night like this. The menu had something for everyone and tasted delicious. Great spot for lunch and dinner. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaLanterna's DeliciousJeanMarieDined on 12/28/2013LaLanterna is a great place to go as a couple or as a group. The food is very yummy and the service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth traveling for!Ono1Dined on 12/28/2013Although i now live n Honolulu, whenever i"m in NY I head here asap for the incredible food! No place better than this treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBrenVIPDined on 12/21/2013We dined with friends and the food was delicious. Everyone was pleased with their choices. Very consistant restaurant. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine, Tuscan dining in NyackSJPNyackerDined on 11/27/2013We dined at Lanterna Thanksgiving eve and our group of seven had a delightful dinner. As usual the pasta trio was well liked by all who had it, the service was impeccable, friendly, knowledgeable and well-paced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for private businessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2013Excellent for private business lunch, unobtrusive service, very pleasant atmosphere, nice menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant Week Lunch Ever!MargDined on 11/13/2013Everything about this lunch was wonderful. The food was unique and delicious. I feel they were very generous with their choices and portions.Special Features:
- Best meal in a long while!Dan37Dined on 11/10/2013We had read the very positive reviews, but were still surprised by how good each course was: Perfectly cooked, tasty but not overly spiced, interesting in a good way, and made with the freshest ingredients. This was our first time at Lanterna Tuscan Bistro, but certainly not our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodEricasDadDined on 11/10/2013Excellent quality and taste. Not over spiced. Very light. Mushroom ravioli was outstanding. Tiramisu was exceptional. Price Fix menu is a great value and the choices are varied. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendsMJK959VIPDined on 11/6/2013I can't tell you how many friends I have brought to this wonderful gem of a restaurant-and everyone of them walk away thanking ME and how they are going to go back etc etc! this is probably one of the very few restaurants that I can take friends to that I KNOW they are going to LOVE it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lanterna LunchGomanDined on 11/6/2013A small but comfortable ambiance - food fresh and tasty --well-presented. Friendly service-good for casual meal without lots of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingJohnBVIPDined on 11/3/2013Food was okay, but rather bland. This small restaurant was quiet and we were able to talk. While the immediate area of the restaurant appears safe, the area in general feels unsafe with questionable characters hanging around with apparently nothing to do. We felt unsafe and not likely to return soon.
- Great foodFoodie2foodieDined on 11/2/2013Enjoyed a delicious meal Burrata special was creamy and delicious. Crab cake apps were good but arrived at the table cool. Lobster ravioli and seafood stew was equally fantastic. Table service was somewhat inattentive but pleasant.Special Features:
- Great Meal, Exceptional Service !CJMCVIPDined on 10/23/2013The food was excellent, the grilled pork chop was "steakhouse quality", the pasta was outstanding and the service was top notch... couldn't ask for a better dining experience...Special Features:
- FRANK & LUCILLEfrankVIPDined on 10/19/2013STORE FRONT RESTAURANT, VERY NARROW, HIGH CEILINGS, VERY NOISEY. HAVE LIQUOR LICENCE BUT NO BAR. ONE ANTIPASTO TO STAY AWAY FROM IS THE "CALAMARI ALLA GRIGLIA" IN ONE WORD "TASTELESS". THE OTHER DISHES WE HAD WERE GREAT AND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM, THEY ARE: "CESTINO DI PARMIGIANO" A BASKET MADE OUT OF PARMIGIANO CHEESE FILLED WITH MIXED FILED GREENS (FANTASTIC)"TRIO DI PASTA" 3 SPECIALTY PASTAS W/3 CHEESES (DOUBLE FANTASTIC) AND FINALLY THE "BISTECCA TAGLIATA" GRILLED HANGER STEAK (BEST STEAK I'VE HAD IN A LONG LONG TIME). I'D GIVE IT ANOTHER SHOT, FOOD WAS WORTH THE TRIP FROM NEW JERSEY TO NYACK N.Y., EXCEPT FOR THE CALAMARI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Tuscan CuisineTravisDined on 10/18/2013My girlfriend and I had an absolutely great meal at Lanterna in Oct 2013. The wine list was small but very well done based on the selections. The menu offers incredible Tuscan food you just can't find anywhere else in Rockland. The head chef/owner makes a note to stop by and see how you're enjoying your meal; I watched him actively make his way around the room all night, making friendly small talk with the diners. It was great to see he takes such pride in his restaurant. The waite staff was very efficient, delivering bread almost instantaneously as we ran out, and were always there to offer assistance. Overall, fantastic experience and would recommend to anyone for date night (reasonably priced but not cheap) or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and Delicious.franjimDined on 10/15/2013My husband and I have been here numerous and have never been disappointed. The food is always excellent, with attention to seasonal availability and prepared to perfection. We have often made special requests, which Rossano has always done his best to provide us with-and we are always amazed at how well he presents these specialties. The wait staff is attentive without being overbearing; noise is at a minimum and the background music is just that-background, making conversation very easy. We have every intention of continuing to dine at this restaurant and to recommend it at every chance that we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSteveVIPDined on 10/4/2013The food was fair at best. Actually quiteof bland. Lanterna has been far better in the past and seems like it has gone down hill.
- DisappointedCharlesTDDined on 9/23/2013We had eaten at and enjoyed the food previously at Lanterna but felt as if the food quality had unfortunatrly slipped since our last visit.
- Good Food / Cozy PlaceSaraDDined on 9/14/2013Good food, several pasta options and good appetizers. The food reminds you of Tuscany. Casual setting, not stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingJMSPKGVIPDined on 9/11/2013The food at Lanterna is always delicious. The service and hospitality is second to none. Whether you go for a weekday dinner, a Valentine's celebration, or a cooking demonstration, Rossano always presents an interesting menu and delivers top quality food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Fish!ScoonutDined on 8/28/2013We have dined many times at Lanterna and enjoyed the various delicious pasta dishes. This last visit, we decided to try something different and ordered the salmon. What a delicious surprise! Definitely on our favorite list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.