Lantern Thai Kitchen
311 Second Ave
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Lantern Thai Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lanternthai.com/
- Phone: 2127772770
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Siripat Khaenkarn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Contact us to make arrangements for off-site catering or special gatherings. We can custom-design a menu for your particular needs.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin 2127772770
A word from Lantern Thai Kitchen
At Lantern, the colors, flavors, aromas and images of Thailand come to life in a cosmopolitan, yet intimate and comfortable setting. A full bar with weekly specials complement an outstanding selection of both traditional and innovative Thai dishes. Our weekly specials emphasize the flavors and cooking techniques of Southeast Asia, but regularly incorporate ingredients and preparations from around the world. We offer carefully selected, yet affordable, wines and 2-for-1 wine or beer specials Monday-Wednesday. Join us at Happy Hour from 4:00pm-6:00pm and receive 15% off food and 2-for-1 drinks. We also make every effort to accommodate large groups throughout the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lantern Thai Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Bravo AgainMichaeljDined on 8/5/2014I never had a bad meal here. Everything is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencerejiDined on 7/19/2014We ordered a number of dishes and went family-style (group of 8), and not a single item was disappointing. Great selection of menu items, and the everything was priced well (including the bar).Special Features:
- Always GoodMichaeljDined on 7/8/2014I can't say enough how much I love this restaurant plus the fact that it's just a few blocks from my apartment. They have a full bar, great food and a wonderful staff.Special Features:
- GreatSensationalDined on 6/6/2014The food was great. Service was attentive. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Always GoodMichaeljDined on 5/10/2014It's nice when your favorite Thai restaurant is a few blocks from home. I'm here quite frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, moderate prices2ChainzVIPDined on 5/3/2014Good meal at a decent price. Bottles of wine for $24 and entrees for $10. Good selection of cocktails.Special Features:
- The following 54 reviews are from the Lantern Thai Kitchen reviews archive.
- Overall a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014My friends were late for the reservation I made, thus my table was given away after 15 minutes. It took a while for them to seat us but once were seated everything was fine. I had cocktails at the bar which were okay but not great. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal! I had the duck tortilla wrap for appetizer. It was very good and hit the spot. My main course was lantern's fried rice with chicken. It was a good portion and delicious. Overall I had a good experience here and I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014The fish is on the money and the Shrimp Pad Thai was great too. The drink I order was a little heavy in the alcohol and really light in the Pineapple juice but overall experience was good. The waiters were great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great! Recommend this restaurant!DininDivaDined on 3/13/2014The drinks are awesome! Had the avocado tofu appetizer (don't like avocado but decided to try it anyway) it was amazing! Really liked the atmosphere. Didn't have to sit terribly close to the people next to us like a lot of other restaurants which was nice. It was also smaller than I expected but great for a date night or even a small bday dinner. The food, drinks and atmosphere was great! Definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood spotLDNYCVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food was a bit greasy but a few more inventive offerings than some standard Thai restaurants. Also, seemed to have some nice steamed fish offerings, curries and vegetarian options. Nice decor and boisterous ambience. Good drink specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but a bit too coldMSRLDined on 2/14/2014Great food but a bit too cold and noicy in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant location wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/25/2014The restaurant location was great, on the corner of 2nd/18th, very easily accessible. The restaurant itself is nicely set up and very easy for big groups to go to. The food was excellent, no complaints in that regard. Their service, very very poor. They didn't have small plates to split up the food family style, so the table space was very limited. Always looking for a waiter to get extra utensils or napkins as they had a tendency to disappear off the table. Just be prepared for weaker service but worth it for the food and the fact that it can easily accomodate a bigger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers!!!OhPoptartDined on 1/19/2014The Crispy Duck Wrap for the appetizer was PHENOMENAL I felt like I was melting when I took my first bite. Scrumptious! If you're up in the air about appetizers.. CHOOSE THAT ONE!!!!Special Features:
- Worth a tryJilzDined on 10/19/2013Our appetizers were mediocre at best, but the main meal (combination of curries, pad thai and drunken noodles) was all quite good. The drinks were also pretty good. The staff was a bit slow at times, but friendly and accommodating. Ambiance was nice, and the restaurant was smaller than I had expected. This place is definitely worth trying, but skip the disappointing appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okfirstimer11Dined on 10/13/2013It was an OK dining experience, the food was good and all at a decent price.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedDCAmateurChefVIPDined on 10/5/2013Definitely enjoyed my time here catching up with tfriends. We ate outside, but the interior was beautifully decorated. Food was very good as well.Special Features:
- Always GoodMichaeljDined on 9/14/2013I'm here often. It's a great restaurant for Thai food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience...good foodJulieDined on 6/15/2013Small and cozy place with indoor and outdoor dining. Food was great at a reasonable price with decent size portions. Attentive servers...my water glass was constantly refilled unlike other places where I literally have to flag someone down. Also the great part was that it was not noisy so me and my friends could hold a conversation without raising our voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a last minute date!BlkMarELLElynDined on 6/9/2013Went here on Sunday night, we must have just missed the dinner rush. It was around 845pm, only a few other couples around. Nice decor, attentive but NOT overly attentive staff. Romantic, you and your date can have a conversation without feeling rushed out. The food was great, overall great experience! Only down side is its a bit out of the way but in the warmer months its a great walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMichaeljDined on 5/11/2013I've been here many times and when I was looking for a place to celebrate my birthday I thought of Lantern Thai Kitchen. It was even better that I discovered they were on Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2013The food was delicious. My pomegranate martini was delicious. I enjoyed the appetizers. Great restaurant!Special Features:
- i never made it in.I madeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2013i never made it in.I made a reservation online when I came in for seating the kitchen was closed.why have a reservation for 10:45 pm when their kitchen was already closed.Special Features:
- Great little findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2013Food is EXCELENT!! always love going to this place, and you can't beat their happy hour deals!Special Features:
- Please be aware of this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2013Please be aware of this restaurant that would not record your open table points and wrongfully accuse customers for not honoring the dinning appointment. Period.
- If you're there on a coolOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/13/2013If you're there on a cool day, the wind whips thru the place every time the door opens. Very unpleasant. Lunch special includes tuna sashimi which is great, special duck main course was not so great. Will go back though.Special Features:
- Food was absolutely deliciousLFishDined on 4/6/2013Food was absolutely delicious and came out straight away. HOWEVER...the staff DISAPPEARS after they bring the food. Our dining experience was wonderful BUT only because the food was amazing and we had no where to be after.Special Features:
- Try to Place for Good ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2013Good food. Great ambiance. It would have been even more awesome if the waitress was a little less rude.Special Features:
- We were greeted and our taleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2013We were greeted and our tale for 8 was ready upon walk-in. It was an early reservation so we were surprised to hear they were out of rice noodles. A staple in Thai food. They forgot my husbands entree all together so his dinner arrived 15 minutes later than everybody elseSpecial Features:
- Food was good, better thanHighhallVIPDined on 11/17/2012Food was good, better than Spice, which we visit regularly. My only complaints - noise level was a little high (we were there on a crowded Sat night) and they brought our entrees while we were still eating our appetizers. I'd definitely go back.
- I found Latern Thai whileOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012I found Latern Thai while being stuck in traffic due to "Sandy". At first the place looks like an upscale Thai restaurant, but when we sat down it had an very friendly yet classy ambiance. The food was awesome! If you are in town this is a must! Love the MANGO SALAD!Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2012Food was great. Service was prompt. Very welcoming environment.Special Features:
- Went to find a nearby foodMainEaterVIPDined on 10/20/2012Went to find a nearby food spot in the area. Good food not empty. Try it and add to this experience.Special Features:
- Nice for a Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2012Lantern Thai Kitchen is pretty good. The food can be a little hit or miss with the Entrees. The edamame and crispy squid starters were great though. Was able to easily accommodate a party of 13. Probably could have fit 16. Entrees came out over 5 minutes, which is typical with large parties. Starters were prompt. Dessert wasn't superb, but that's not the main draw of the place. Drinks were reasonably priced, but avoid the Black Dragon unless you love ginger.Special Features:
- We kinda got there late IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012We kinda got there late I didn't realize how slow it was on the weekend i thought it would be really busy but it wasn't It was nice over all. The food was good the portions were smaller in comparison to the lantern in Brooklyn that i went to a coupling of days before. I enjoyed my birthdaySpecial Features:
- Their cocktails are too dieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012Their cocktails are too die for! Cheap but excellent food.Special Features:
- The food was really good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2012The food was really good and their cocktails are to die for.Special Features:
- Aesthetically pleasing restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2012Aesthetically pleasing restaurant, affordable, but mediocre food...Special Features:
- Excellent Drunken NoodlesWillCVIPDined on 6/14/2012I really enjoy Thai food, and my favorite dish is Drunken Noodles (also know as Kee Mao); I use it as my test food at all Thai restaurants. Wow. Theirs is excellent. One of the best in the city, for sure. We ate outdoors on a very pretty spring day at lunchtime and the atmosphere was relaxed and the food was good. What more can you ask?
- One of my favorite thai restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012One of my favorite thai restaurants. I come here often, love the ambiance, the food, the drinks are ALWAYS delicious here, and the service is wonderful! I love that it does not get overwhelmingly crowded and that you are still able to converse with your comanpy and hear them. Definitely a favorite!Special Features:
- Good quick Thai food justthespgoneVIPDined on 6/5/2012Good quick Thai food just like all the other chains in NYC. The duck appetizer was very good.