1000 Ocean Avenue
Asbury Park, NJ 07712Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.langostalounge.com/
- Phone: 7324553275
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Marilyn Schlossbach - Peter Morris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our Catering contact Regina for more information.
- Entertainment: Live music on the weekends
A word from Langosta Lounge
Langosta Lounge, located on the Asbury Park Boardwalk, boasts vacation-inspired cuisine, creative libations, live music, nightly specials and more. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week, Langosta Lounge promises to offer a little something for everybody.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Langosta Lounge - Best Restaurants in Asbury Park ›
Langosta Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (63)great for outdoor dining (63)vibrant bar scene (59)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (38)hot spot (34)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (16)special occasion (13)kid-friendly (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)Show More
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Been there twice. The staff has been friendly and accommodating each time. Very professional and knows the menu and specials in great detail. Love the Pu pu platter and the Mac and cheese is alway a BIG hit. Eclectic menu with all kinda of neat choices. Always a great choice for dinner before a show at The Stone Pony or The Wonder Bar..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchNadineDined on 9/7/2014Took a friend here for brunch and had a blast! Food was delicious and the service was spot on!Special Features:
- Asbury StapleNancyDrewVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great view of the ocean but only if you make sure to ask in advance. The wine list is middle of the road but great mixed drinks and friendly vibe. The thai lobster dish is what keeps us coming back. On a Saturday night staff is a bit overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Love itLuv2dineoutDined on 9/6/2014Great food , great service ,great martini s and a whole lot of soul . It's my second time and this time I enjoyed it just as much as the first time the maître /host were equally as wonderful .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view & fun delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Very busy and hectic and quite loud but very cute and quirky spot with delicious food and good service. The lobster curry and short ribs were amazing. The vacation fish of the day was quite nice but not memorable at all. The description sounds amazing but it was really quite bland. Ground chicken lettuce wraps were mediocre and the special nachos were interesting. Totally decent wine list - beautiful view right on the beach. Would absolutely go back and/or recommend it. The only problem with this restaurant is the bathroom. Absolutely disgusting bathrooms - straight up filthy with water all over the floor and paper towels everywhere and dirty stalls. At least the ladies rest rooms were dirty - not sure about the mens.Special Features:
- Server could care less!PerfectVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was great. Unique and local, as well as excellent flavors. Our service, however, was horrible, with no apology.Special Features:
- DeliciousNJguyDined on 8/30/2014Love the food here. I have been a few times and always find something new and exciting on the menu to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slowScheckyDined on 8/29/2014Great combination of flavors and foods...nice wait staff...but slow service...maybe too small a kitchen?Special Features:
- just OKWholeFoodsFoodieDined on 8/26/2014I love Langosta, been there MANY time, I am a loyal customer. Tapas Tuesday was a great idea but they didn't execute it very well. We got the wrong appetizers, but ate them anyway. The dinner was supposed to come with a "wine tasting" which consists of 4 small glasses of 4 different wines on a board which paired well with the stuff we ordered. The waiter informed us that the were out of clean wine glasses due to the popularity of the special and we waited until out main course came out before the wine was delivered to out table. So the purpose of the sampling was way past the timing of the food served. This glitch would not stop me from returning BUT management should be aware that if they are going to run a special please follow through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014tables too close-we had to sit pretty much right next to other people's kids which was not what we wanted for our night out without our kids. server was horrible. never greeted us-walked over and asked what do we want to drink,dropped off drinks,came back,asked if we were ready to order. took order,walked away,meal took about 45 mins to arrive.in the meantime he said nothing to us.passed us 5-6 times before refilling our drinks.never asked if we needed anything or if food was ok.dropped bill off, took payment and ran off.we had a gift card credit card we wanted to use but he split the bill with our credit card. we wanted to explain this but he ran off with the cards. we understand it was busy, but his neglect is beyond reasonable.
- Sodium overload.DineNotEatDined on 8/23/2014Table was ready and servers were very friendly and professional. But the kitchen falls flat. Mac and cheese was very al dente. Disappointed. The steak was cooked to right temperature and looked great but was overloaded with salt.
- Good Food, Great LocationluvfoodDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the meal and service was very good, but you do have to speak loudly as the noise level is highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resting on its LaurelspatgDined on 8/22/2014I have been to LL many times and was surprised to be able to obtain a table for 4 Friday, on Friday. View is great from the front of the rest/bar. Food took a while coming out.ine was tasty . Others so-so. Waitress was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Terrific mealSerena517Dined on 8/17/2014We had a delicious meal and great service. Definitely would return and make it one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Kim1PickeateDined on 8/17/2014I took my family there because my brother was in from Massachusetts and wanted to eat at the Shore. I had eaten at Langosta Lounge for my birthday in July. We made reservations and the service was terrific and the food was difficult but very tasty.Special Features:
- Loud and Sub-parOG2APDined on 8/16/2014We had a reservation at 7:15 however we weren't seated until 8:00. It was so loud it was difficult to carry a conversation. There were 8 of us, 3 of the meals were almost unedible. The pizza was soggy with barely any lobster on it. And the lobster that was on it was overcooked. The tuna on the sushi was not fresh. And the dish with aromatic vegan floral flavor was by far the worst meal I have ever tasted. On a positive note the rigatoni, curry and short rib meals were very good. The waitress had trouble remembering your order. For example, she gave us a California roll instead of the calamari that we ordered. When she served drinks she spilled one of them. Needless to say the service was not good at all.
- Like sweet and sour sauceDanGVIPDined on 8/15/2014They have fixed their horrendous service problems of years past. Our server William was very good. Side room was stuffy; they should have propped open the door to the outdoor dining area. Appetizers were very good especially the lobster carbonara pizza. Entrees were only Ok. Short rib was very dry. Pork rib sauce was good but quality of ribs only so-so. Found out only when served that they were out it sweet potato fries that were supposed to come with the ribs. Shouldn't have had to ask what was up with getting regular fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great atmosphere and eclectic menu, while still having something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at langostaBluedogDined on 8/9/2014We had a reservation at noon because the last time we went there was a 20 minute wait inside and out, and with 2 little kids that's not an option.. I had a Kobe beef burger and it was on the money. Everyone else in our party of 6 enjoyed what they had. Good service,drinks were good, great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night outHGoldDined on 8/2/2014We've been to Langosta's before. Food was good, place was noisy and bar was hopping. Our table wasnt ready so we thought we'd wait in the bar. No space to stand abd have a drink. Once seated drinks came quickly but food was slow to come out. Once we were served, food was very good. We actually walked around for a while and came back. The live band was terrific. We would go again but probably have a drink someplace else first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014We were seated promptly and our reservation requests were honored. One of the tables was rocking a little bit and the waitress promptly seated us elsewhere at a steader table. Because we were in another room, the waitress may have forgotten about us for a little while. When she came back, she apologized for not coming by sooner. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent. The menu is somewhat limited but they were flexible about accommodating our requests not to use certain ingredients. This was our first time dining here and we would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Expensive to parkMSBAZVIPDined on 8/1/2014If an event is going on there is no parking. We had 2 cars for a party of 8 and had to pay $20 per car to park in lot. This IS NOT NYC, restaurant should make arrangements for reduced rate parking for their customers who show restaurant receipt. Good food but we started in paying $40 to park, not worth it. Also 2 people at bar needed to get a room, gross.Special Features:
- UpforaGoodMealDined on 7/30/2014Somewhat ecclectic menu. Food was excellent. Service a little slow, but more time to enjoy the view and spend time with family. Outdoors was breezy, so we ate indoors. Enjoyed it just as much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Food and drinks were great, Katie our server was outstanding! Great boardwalk dining!!!Special Features:
- gesbDined on 7/28/2014Excellent meal as always. We are never disappointed when we eat at Langosta and you can't beat the view!Special Features:
- AlfieriDined on 7/26/2014Langosta Lounge's menu was different but very good. The poo poo platter was exceptionally good. We also enjoyed the Sangria. Service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carolaDined on 7/26/2014Langosta Lounge has some of the best food on the Asbury Park boardwalk. Funky atmosphere and Caribbean influence on the food. Very good - great if you like mangoes!I would recommend this to a friend.
- jacksonVIPDined on 7/26/2014Looking forward to a nice lunch with my daughter did not get served for at least 45 minutes ordered several appys And sushi.People who were seated after us served and left way after us.Special Features:
- Great place on the beach!MB929Dined on 7/23/2014Great place to have dinner on the boardwalk in Asbury Park. Great food. Love the cuban olives! Great fresh seafood selections. The service is also great. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- JulesVIPDined on 7/18/2014Awful service! Food just ok. Ap was good. Drinks good but waited for over an hour for second round.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We were pleased with our food. Howere the Ahi tuna was a bit over cooked, but still delicious! Another suggestion would be to lower the price of the house wine, or fill the glass more. $9.00 for barley any house wine. Overall the experience was good. The sushi was fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We loved this restaurant, the food was very different and delicious. The service was superb! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- DeannDined on 7/11/2014We had a great experience; food was good, service was good- waitress was very friendly and helpful. Only downside, we had to wait a long time for our dessert. The dessert was a tropical fruit pudding which needed to be heated up in oven, but by the time it was served, it was cold. The dessert was very tasteful and would have been the perfect ending to a wonderful night, if arrived on time and was warm.Special Features:
- Not a great visitTACYDined on 7/11/2014Have been here a couple of times before and was very happy. This time,however, the food was not very good(very dry) and the waitstaff was not very attentive. The prices are very high. Probably will not return.
- DonnyDined on 7/7/2014Great summertime lunch watching the ocean, and the strikers on the boardwalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodlauriebVIPDined on 7/6/2014the food was very interesting and tasty. salads arelarge and good. sushi is also good. gluten free soy sauce is available along with the chefbeing able to modify entrees to be gluten free. bathroom was filthy - so that may be a good indication of the whole restaurant. directlyon the asberry park boardwalk so eat outside or with a view.Special Features:
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014Very interesting menu. It is loud but the food is very good and the menu is very interesting. There was a great jazz band on the night we were their. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mission AccomplishedmjvjrDined on 6/26/2014The venue was all that I hoped it would be. Clean, comfortable and hospitable. Great place to host a summer jazz series. Will definitely return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SURPRISINGLY DISAPPOINTINGANNOYEDVIPDined on 6/21/2014I cannot share with you all how awful the service, food and attitude was at Langosta this past weekend. I have frequented this restaurant ALOT over the years. It took us 45 minutes to get our first drink. The waiter was unattentive and could have cared less. Even when it came to get bread for the table, he told us that they were running low.The curry lobster was undercooked and tasteless. The other three meals came out over a span of ten minutes which meant that some of us were sitting with no food or cold food waiting. The service of the food took an hour to receive. THIS PLACE, WHICH USE TO BE WONDERFUL, BETTER GET THINGS TOGETHER BEFORE ALL OF ASBURY STOPS FREQUENTING THEM......NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH BAD SERVICE, FOOD OR ATTUITUDE!
- Worst Place EverWeaverk88Dined on 6/15/2014I've been here multiple time and it has progressive gotten worse and worse. I've already left my full detailed review on yelp. But to make a long story short just avoid this place