L'Angolo 5th Ave
800 5th Ave S
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
L'Angolo 5th Ave
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.langolo5thave.com/
- Phone: (239) 692-8480
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Mon through Sun
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are pleased to join you wherever you are and you can choose from our variety of authentic Italian dishes
- Special Events:
A word from L'Angolo 5th Ave
Authentic Italian RestaurantContinued
Trans fat Free
Mom's homemade pasta, tagliatelle, ravioli and gnocchi
Gluten Free available
Excellent selection of wine
Trans fat Free
Mom's homemade pasta, tagliatelle, ravioli and gnocchi
Gluten Free available
Excellent selection of wine
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
L'Angolo 5th Ave - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
L'Angolo 5th Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (21)good for groups (17)notable wine list (17)great for outdoor dining (15)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (7)great for lunch (7)scenic view (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Just GREAAAT!JozoVIPDined on 11/22/2014Good food, service, great ambiance and they care. Even if you complain the salad is cold, they will still try to make you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dining experiencebkmartellVIPDined on 11/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner at L'Angolo. Great service and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great homemade pastas!OperationDinnerOutVIPDined on 11/18/2014Dined here for the first time. Service was attentive and food was very good. Fresh pastas were well made, light and cooked appropriately. Everyone in our party enjoyed their meals. The wild boar ravioli special was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of the best overall resturant on 5thSunshineVIPDined on 11/16/2014Love the warm greeting you get from the owner. Food Service and portion size are excellent. The feeling of everyone around enjoying themselves add to the dining pleasure.$ Value is also quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findDisappointedDined on 11/7/2014Although somewhat expensive, the food and experience is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food ...not great servicePetesueDined on 10/25/2014Pasta was deliscious ...mine was not hot though....took 5 minutes to find someone to take it back to heat ...took several more minutes to get it back...still wasn't hot. Had to send back again and while I was waiting the second time I asked our server for another glass of wine. Food came back 3rd time...was t as hot as I would have liked but was done dealing with it at that point. Never did get the wine and by the time our server remembered we were done. He did apologize and offer dessert which we didn't want at that point.Special Features:
- Our "Go To" placeDrMGMDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I have been coming here since we moved to Naples. Wow! Great food, home-made pasta, vibrant specials, great cocktails, a decent wine list that caters to most palates and wallets, and a waitstaff that dotes without intruding. We show guests a great time by coming here. Ownership is dedicated to the dining experience. If you haven't eaten there, you should; if you have, you'll be back. Often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014good food friendly service reasonable prices xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:
- OutstandingMjsmdVIPDined on 10/17/2014In a town loaded with Italian restaurants, L'Angolo stands out among the very best. The atmosphere is lovely. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with the entire menu and wine list. The burrata appetizer was delicious as was the L'Angolo salad. One of us enjoyed the prawns special recommended by our waiter and the other 3 of us loved the pasta with lobster. You cannot go wrong ordering a pasta dish - they are freshly made at the restaurant and the best I have eaten anywhere, including Italy. Portions are large, so all we had room for afterward was gelato, which was excellent. We definitely will return to this wonderful restaurant in downtown Naples and try to sample dishes other than pasta, but that will be a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited twice in one week!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Went with a group of girls the week before, & visited again as couples. The food is outstanding, service is excellent, and really enjoyed ourselves! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PFTAPDined on 10/11/2014L'Angolo is excellent for authentic Italian Dinning. All pasta is fresh and made on site, as is fresh mozzarella. It is comfortable to eat here and the service is also excellent.Special Features:
- Always a favorite!!!!AuntNaeDined on 10/11/2014Thank you for another remarkable dining experience!!! You are still my favorite in Naples!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner timeMaeMaeDined on 10/11/2014Disappointed, Entree not as described in menu. Meat had fatty and gristly portions. Not a very generous serving, nor very tasty. Bruschetta bread not toasted. Won't rush back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodJoelDined on 10/7/2014Quality food with the taste you long for served by a highly skilled server..Special Features:
- Definitely going backJk6868wDined on 9/30/2014Decor was upscale, nice background music, waitress was excellent and most of all, the food was outstanding. Best we've ever had at an Italian restaurant. All four of us had a different dish and we loved every bit of it. And Mamma was really in the kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing itemsMarcelloDined on 9/27/2014We got to the restaurant at 8:30 and several items were no longer availlable to make the dishes complete. Desert was not good either and same issue with missing items. Service was great. Congrats to the waiter that was patient with all of us after the mishap of the missing items.
- simply wonderfullovegoodfoodDined on 9/26/2014As an Italian who cooks often it is very hard to eat Italian out. This restaurant is simply wonderful! The pasta is all homemade..so it is light not heavy. Everything is fabulous! Servers are great. It is Italian all around...live it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as beforenygalVIPDined on 9/20/2014this was one of my favorite restaurant in Naples. However, this time the bread was hard, inedible, as if it was reheated. 3 mussels were unopened on the mussels appetizer. The early bird menu states that they offer a special desert for $5.00. I asked the server what it was and she proceeded to tell me about it in detail. When I received the check, the charge was $10.00. I told the manager, who deducted it from the bill, but the server said that was not the special dessert. I think my hearing is good & I was disappointed. I will go back again another time before giving it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentYummyDined on 9/15/2014This is a wonderful restaurant in every category!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rushed and overcookedrushedDined on 9/6/2014the waiter asked for our dinner order twice within 5-10 minutes of serving our cocktail even though we told him we wanted time to enjoy our cocktail. the mussels were very large, beautiful looking, but overcooked. the osso bucco needed sauce. it was very dry. we were out of the restaurant in 1 hour.
- Awesome Early Dining MenuBeedsDined on 9/5/2014We dined here prior to attending the theater. Their $19.95 early bird is one of the best in town. Great choices....and the "house wine" was excellent. We, were, unfortunately, seated directly under a speaker...so it was a bit loud. The wait staff was very attentive. The food not only looked beautiful...it was delicious! Momma knows how to cook!! A glance at the "regular" menu seemed a little pricey....but, it IS 5th Avenue.Special Features:
- Nice choice for Italian foodsuzie2013VIPDined on 8/31/2014Home made pastas are delicious. Service is great and the food presented nicely. Early dining is quite reasonable and is accompanied by the house wine which is surprisingly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.food4thoughtDined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful time at L'Angolo 5th Ave. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Nice restaurantPeachy1Dined on 8/28/2014We had dinner on a recent week night when it was not busy. There is still an ambient noise level, but it was not so intrusive as when the restaurant is full. Food is good, service prompt, so it was a nice choice. Menu offers a variety of Italian dishes - gelato was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayTVIPDined on 8/24/2014The best Italian restaurant on 5th Avenue and the only one owned by a family who have also owned restaurants in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedLocalsDined on 8/24/2014There us always a nice warm reception but we had a disapointing meal. Orders were mixed and forgotten. In all fairness we didn't complain but they should have done something about it.Special Features:
- Perfectly delicious!SusanaVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have been trying all the summer specials on 5 th Ave, in Naples this month, and so far, this is our favorite. The food was absolutely outstanding. My husband had the Osso bucco and I had the filet on spinach. Really great portion size and very well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at l,AngeloLocalsDined on 8/16/2014Always a nice greeting and reception. They really try to accommodate you. We came with another couple and my husband is vegan They were very considerate of his needs. Nice atmosphere and pleasant staff. Great early night special tooSpecial Features:
- EnjoyableDiningoutwDined on 8/10/2014The mussels were excellent from Prince Edward island . I had the cod and there was a bit too much sauce and they had forgotten the olives in the livernaise sauce but when I mention it the brought some in a dish not quite the same as when the flavor gets into the fish from cooking with themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- repeat customernickVIPDined on 8/1/2014Every time we've gone it's been a good experience. Looking forward to another visitSpecial Features:
- The following 251 reviews are from the L'Angolo 5th Ave reviews archive.
- Disappointment of 5th AvenueyumsDined on 7/25/2014We were excited to try this restaurant because it was recommended by a native Italian. However, we were disappointed by the quality of the food given the cost. Some of the dishes (e.g., burrata appetizer, truffle pasta) were very good, but others (mussels, salad with lobster, arugula salad) were very disappointing, particularly at such a high price point. The service was initially very good and attentive, but we waited about 20 minutes when trying to pay. Nice wine list though. Don't go for dinner during a wine tasting -- it's so loud you can hardly hear yourself talk.
- Excellent as alwaysJozoVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food, nice people and will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your meal. Our favorite in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner never disappoints.foodislifeDined on 7/14/2014Amazing all the way around. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and would return in a heartbeat. The eggplant appetizer was perfectly cooked. We each had a simple pasta dinner - gnocchi for her and bolognese over tagliatelle for me; both were perfect and the flavors of each popped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a little disappointingDineout54Dined on 7/5/2014We arrived on time and were seated right away, then we waited 10 minutes or so before our waitress showed up. Not only did she not tell us about daily specials (we had to ask) I had to ask her for bread and water. She did not offer any suggestions nor did she explain any of the ingredients in the daily specials. The same goes for dessert, we had to ask to see a dessert menu and when I asked how a coffee drink was made, she could not explain. On the good side the owner did come by to make sure we enjoyed our meal and explained her mom was in The kitchen cooking! The food was very good and was homemade. Would dine there again!Special Features:
- Excellent!!JozoVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great food, good service, always relaxing. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING DINING EVENTNICOLETTEVIPDined on 7/4/2014An outstanding dining experience. The food was great and in true Italian fare. The service exceeded our expectations and the event was truly a great dining experience. Will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdapDined on 6/28/2014First time in Naples , the food and service simply amazing !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable diningBJenjoynaplesdiningVIPDined on 6/9/2014Quality food. We keeping back. Usually have the mushroom truffle pasta. Salads fresh.Special Features:
- Gr8eveningDined on 6/8/2014Great from the minute we walked in. Server was delightful n knowledgeable . Food was oh so good.Special Features:
- A new gem in NaplesMelodybVIPDined on 5/27/2014This restaurant location has seen several incarnations, but the current one is excellent! We had carpaccio, salad, lasagna and risotto and each course was perfectly prepared. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.