L'Angolo 5th Ave
800 5th Ave S
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
L'Angolo 5th Ave
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.langolo5thave.com/
- Phone: 2396928480x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Mon through Sun
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are pleased to join you wherever you are and you can choose from our variety of authentic Italian dishes
- Special Events:
A word from L'Angolo 5th Ave
Authentic Italian RestaurantContinued
Trans fat Free
Mom's homemade pasta, tagliatelle, ravioli and gnocchi
Gluten Free available
Excellent selection of wine
Trans fat Free
Mom's homemade pasta, tagliatelle, ravioli and gnocchi
Gluten Free available
Excellent selection of wine
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
L'Angolo 5th Ave - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
L'Angolo 5th Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (12)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (11)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014This is a wonderful restaurant in every category!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rushed and overcookedrushedDined on 9/6/2014the waiter asked for our dinner order twice within 5-10 minutes of serving our cocktail even though we told him we wanted time to enjoy our cocktail. the mussels were very large, beautiful looking, but overcooked. the osso bucco needed sauce. it was very dry. we were out of the restaurant in 1 hour.
- Awesome Early Dining MenuBeedsDined on 9/5/2014We dined here prior to attending the theater. Their $19.95 early bird is one of the best in town. Great choices....and the "house wine" was excellent. We, were, unfortunately, seated directly under a speaker...so it was a bit loud. The wait staff was very attentive. The food not only looked beautiful...it was delicious! Momma knows how to cook!! A glance at the "regular" menu seemed a little pricey....but, it IS 5th Avenue.Special Features:
- Nice choice for Italian foodsuzie2013Dined on 8/31/2014Home made pastas are delicious. Service is great and the food presented nicely. Early dining is quite reasonable and is accompanied by the house wine which is surprisingly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.food4thoughtDined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful time at L'Angolo 5th Ave. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Nice restaurantPeachy1Dined on 8/28/2014We had dinner on a recent week night when it was not busy. There is still an ambient noise level, but it was not so intrusive as when the restaurant is full. Food is good, service prompt, so it was a nice choice. Menu offers a variety of Italian dishes - gelato was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayTVIPDined on 8/24/2014The best Italian restaurant on 5th Avenue and the only one owned by a family who have also owned restaurants in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedLocalsDined on 8/24/2014There us always a nice warm reception but we had a disapointing meal. Orders were mixed and forgotten. In all fairness we didn't complain but they should have done something about it.Special Features:
- Perfectly delicious!SusanaVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have been trying all the summer specials on 5 th Ave, in Naples this month, and so far, this is our favorite. The food was absolutely outstanding. My husband had the Osso bucco and I had the filet on spinach. Really great portion size and very well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at l,AngeloLocalsDined on 8/16/2014Always a nice greeting and reception. They really try to accommodate you. We came with another couple and my husband is vegan They were very considerate of his needs. Nice atmosphere and pleasant staff. Great early night special tooSpecial Features:
- EnjoyableDiningoutwDined on 8/10/2014The mussels were excellent from Prince Edward island . I had the cod and there was a bit too much sauce and they had forgotten the olives in the livernaise sauce but when I mention it the brought some in a dish not quite the same as when the flavor gets into the fish from cooking with themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- repeat customernickVIPDined on 8/1/2014Every time we've gone it's been a good experience. Looking forward to another visitSpecial Features:
- Disappointment of 5th AvenueyumsDined on 7/25/2014We were excited to try this restaurant because it was recommended by a native Italian. However, we were disappointed by the quality of the food given the cost. Some of the dishes (e.g., burrata appetizer, truffle pasta) were very good, but others (mussels, salad with lobster, arugula salad) were very disappointing, particularly at such a high price point. The service was initially very good and attentive, but we waited about 20 minutes when trying to pay. Nice wine list though. Don't go for dinner during a wine tasting -- it's so loud you can hardly hear yourself talk.
- Excellent as alwaysJozoVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food, nice people and will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your meal. Our favorite in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner never disappoints.foodislifeDined on 7/14/2014Amazing all the way around. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and would return in a heartbeat. The eggplant appetizer was perfectly cooked. We each had a simple pasta dinner - gnocchi for her and bolognese over tagliatelle for me; both were perfect and the flavors of each popped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a little disappointingDineout54Dined on 7/5/2014We arrived on time and were seated right away, then we waited 10 minutes or so before our waitress showed up. Not only did she not tell us about daily specials (we had to ask) I had to ask her for bread and water. She did not offer any suggestions nor did she explain any of the ingredients in the daily specials. The same goes for dessert, we had to ask to see a dessert menu and when I asked how a coffee drink was made, she could not explain. On the good side the owner did come by to make sure we enjoyed our meal and explained her mom was in The kitchen cooking! The food was very good and was homemade. Would dine there again!Special Features:
- Excellent!!JozoVIPDined on 7/4/2014Great food, good service, always relaxing. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING DINING EVENTNICOLETTEVIPDined on 7/4/2014An outstanding dining experience. The food was great and in true Italian fare. The service exceeded our expectations and the event was truly a great dining experience. Will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdapDined on 6/28/2014First time in Naples , the food and service simply amazing !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable diningBJenjoynaplesdiningVIPDined on 6/9/2014Quality food. We keeping back. Usually have the mushroom truffle pasta. Salads fresh.Special Features:
- Gr8eveningDined on 6/8/2014Great from the minute we walked in. Server was delightful n knowledgeable . Food was oh so good.Special Features:
- A new gem in NaplesMelodybVIPDined on 5/27/2014This restaurant location has seen several incarnations, but the current one is excellent! We had carpaccio, salad, lasagna and risotto and each course was perfectly prepared. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pasta - PERIOD!BruceRDined on 5/26/2014NObody does past better and the veal is fantastic.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerRMpettorDined on 5/22/2014My wife and I celibrated our tenth anniversary dinner at L'Angolo and we were pleasantly surprised with the service and the food. The ambience was nice, the decor was somewhat modern. I had L'Angolo pescatore which was really tasteful, the home made pasta was excellent. My wife had the chicken breast with eggplant in which she said was very tasty with a nice blend of flavors. Our waiter Massimino was very helpful and attentive. We booked through Open Table in which I asked for nice table for our annvirsary. When we arrived the host wished us happy anniversary and sat us at a nice table next to a window at the front of the restaurant. Our server Massimino gave us both a glass of sparkling wine and also wished us happy anniversary.Special Features:
- The following 239 reviews are from the L'Angolo 5th Ave reviews archive.
- Pleasant overall, food inconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/17/2014This is our third time here. One of our party swears by the eggplant parmigiana and has never been disappointed. The other two of us have had hit and miss dinners. The fresh pasta is done perfectly, but something in the sauce or the cool serving temperature always disappoints. The owner is very attentive and gracious. We will likely give it a try again next season.Special Features:
- Great ServiceAmyBDined on 5/13/2014We were celebrating our 8th anniversary. When we arrived, there was an anniversary wish, written in Italian, on our table and we were immediately served complimentary glasses of champagne. The service was wonderful and the owner stopped by our table and chatted for a few minutes. It was a memorable evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantSueHDined on 5/3/2014Have always had great meals here. Fabulous Italian food with a taste of really being in Italy. Much more authentic than the usual run-of-the-mill Italian restaurants. Unfortunately the service was not quite up to the usual caliber this particular night - but they were extremely busy and on past performance I would usually be giving them five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/3/2014We'll definitely return again; great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!!!!!!!!debtep1Dined on 5/3/2014This was not our first time at this wonderful restaurant. We continue to go back because the food is delicious and it is a great spot downtown Naples. The specials are our go to dishes, always superb. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- top Italian fare....BoBoDined on 5/1/2014One of the best restaurants in Naples area for Italian food....quality at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- JayTVIPDined on 4/27/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in Naples with an authentic Italian menu including homemade pastas , great veal and fish dishes .Special Features:
- Saturday nightbrianDined on 4/26/2014Very noisy the owner tried to accomadate my hearing problem but was still too load especially when a group of 14 ladies came and sat a the table in the middle of the restaurant which echoed everywhere.Special Features:
- All good -- tutto beneJozoVIPDined on 4/26/2014We live in Naples year around -- so what do we know? We know this is one of our top 2 favorite restaurants in Naples. Great food, good people, good service and they care about what they do. If I have a bad experience someday, I'll throw them a lifeline and give them another chance. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/19/2014Outstanding homemade pasta dishes and excellent veal.Special Features:
- good findnickVIPDined on 4/19/2014Good food. Disappointed in the wait for our reservation though. They need to do a better job of honoring their reservations on time.Special Features:
- mjoanVIPDined on 4/18/2014We had been to L'Angolo before and have been telling out friends about it. This time, two of us were served pasta dishes that were not just tepid, but cold. We sent them back and the next two that came were warm, not hot. The hostess/room manager came by later and told us Italians do not eat their pasta warm. (I guess I won't go back for the pasta).
- Very nice downtown spotBill1475Dined on 4/13/2014This is a nice spot for lunch or dinner with a few tables outside on the sidewalk. Pleasant atmosphere, good, friendly service and a very interesting selection of Italian specialties. It has been consistently good over the last four minths we have visited.Special Features:
- Love the Italian owners!ChrisGalloDined on 4/12/2014This was our first time here and why did we wait so long! I don't know! The brother and sister owners were very nice making sure that everything was running smoothly in the dining room and bar area as well as their outdoor sidewalk seating... while "mom" was in the kitchen! Bless her!! And the New York strip steak she served! Excellent! As was the salads, eggplant parmigiana appetizer and veal! They also own Altin's café a few blocks away... we ate there too... before we found out. Very good!!Special Features:
- I had the cod and my wifecountresquireDined on 4/12/2014I had the cod and my wife had the chicken with eggplant, etc. The Cod could have come from the supermarket freezer though the chicken was quite good. Wine was $13/glass which is a bit over the top for this area. I rejected the Branzino $40 special because most of this fish in the U.S. is from Greece and is tasteless and farm raised - not what you want in Naples, FL.
- Excellent pasta and vealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014This was our second time in 2 weeks, which is a great sign because in Naples there are so many options. The service was excellent, food delicious and wine selection super. The owner came over as we were leaving to make sure everything was fine. Highly recommend your restaurant when travelling to Naples. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.