2400 Boston Street
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.langermanns.com/
- Phone: 4105343287
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:Saturday : 9:00am - 11:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American
- Executive Chef: Neal Langermann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are happy to cater your event! Please refer to our menu for items or call the restaurant for additional options.
- Special Events: We host cocktail parties, fundraisers, commencements, bridal and baby showers, weddings and wedding receptions!
A word from Langermann's
Langermann's Restaurant Group defines Low-Country cooking. Our Fresh Kitchen combines comfort food with a special twist. Shrimp and Grits are a favorite. We are a friendly neighborhood place with the hint of a drawl - all crafted a little slower to accentuate the rich tastes and simple elegance. It may not be the South but it is definitely our very own delicious little slice. Enjoy our cuisine by the fireplace, on the patio or terrace in the warmer months. Come join us for supper with friends, happy hour, or special dinner party. We offer a scrumptious Brunch Buffet on Sundays!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Langermann's - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
Langermann's reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (75)neighborhood gem (70)great for brunch (62)good for groups (58)great for outdoor dining (53)special occasion (53)great for lunch (39)romantic (24)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- steak and eggs were great!YumyumDined on 9/14/2014We love this brunch and usually have no complaints, however our server this time left me very frustrated. We were entertaining guests and he was sloooow and didn't even try to be friendly. I had to walk up to the hostess and ask her to get our server and condiments because he just wasn't around and was on the other side of the restaurant rolling silverwear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Lunch menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014This is a great spot for lunch or brunch. I took my family who was in from out of town and they loved it. It was during Sunday Brunch/Lunch and everyone had the options of what they wanted in one place.Special Features:
- Great food. Poor serviceBaltimoreGalDined on 9/6/2014My 3rd time at Langermanns. As always the food was well above average on all aspects but the service is always subpar. I'm recommending the food with 4 stars but the service at best is 3 stars (and I'm being generous).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchMeggaphoneDined on 9/6/2014Was looking for a place in the neighborhood to have a Saturday brunch (harder to find than a Sunday brunch) and Langermann's was perfect. Jazz music playing part of the time, very good "lowcountry" brunch food, and not too crowded. Made a reservation just in case, but at 10:30am it wasn't packed. Recommended for accommodating a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointAmandaDined on 9/5/2014Always good food and prompt service, haven't had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJamesPDined on 9/3/2014The food was great and the service was fantastic! I enjoyed every part of the meal from the cocktail to the dessert.Special Features:
- Nice placeShadiaDined on 9/1/2014This was my first time eating at this restaurant along with four other friends. It was Labor Day and surprisingly it wasn't crowed upon our arrival so I was a bit confused as to why I was unable to be seated while I awaited the rest of my party to arrive. I also didn't understand why the hostest wasn't on her post when I came through the front door. It put a bad taste in my mouth and I wasn't looking forward to the rest of the staff but to my surprise our waiter was really nice. He took our order and delivered our food in a timely manner and also allowed us just enough space to talk and munch without interrupting. Overall nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchCharlesDined on 8/31/2014Great deal for brunch; definitely will be going back!Special Features:
- The shrimp and grits are to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014The creativity and consistency of the dishes presented are superb. What they do at Langermann's truly reflects Low Country cooking, because we have had plenty of real Low Country dining for comparison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceSLB927Dined on 8/29/2014We had a pleasant dining experience, I would return or recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Great atmosphere and service. Food was well plated but not rememerable. May try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Shrimp and grits is always great meal, but the appetizer special, bison chile, may have been the best chile I've ever had. And the corn bread and biscuits are terrific.Special Features:
- Pre gameJt23Dined on 8/23/2014Visited before ravens game and with a living social deal. Enjoyed several small plates and also ordered from charitable menu. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Langermann'sJackVIPDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed our lunch at Langermann's, an excellent choice for a quality meal. The menu leans toward "southern", perfect for my Texas born wife, and our entree choices were quite nice - scallops and grits- done perfectly according to her, for her, a meater choice for me. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent brunchlynn16Dined on 8/17/2014Brunch was fairly decent. Not a big selection of sides though. Bacon was not cooked enough--it should be crispy. Would have liked toast or English muffin included in sides. Overpriced for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatSim1Dined on 8/16/2014Dinner was delicious, Dessert was delightful and the evening was just perfect. Our waiter, Jake, was outstanding and I cannot rave enough about Langermann's. A true gem in Baltimore, I have been many times before and will return many times over. thank you!Special Features:
- Excellent FareDix511Dined on 8/16/2014Langermann's serves up delicious creatively prepared food with friendly and knowlegable service. The menu is somewhat limited but it's all good. And you have to eat some grits with whatever you order. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Menu - Great Servicefoodie4everVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had dinner here for the first time. Service was excellent an our server was knowledgable about the menu, attentive but not obtrusive. Menu has lots of varied choices. Excellent and varied gluten free menu, not the same old limited, boring things I usually have to order. Salad was very fresh and not drowned in dressing. Pork chop was juicy and properly done. You won't leave hungry servings are generous.You must try the heirloom grits because they are fabulous! Brunch menu looks delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much butterCantonEatsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Way too much butter and salt for my liking. All of my dishes were served in a puddle of salty butter. If you're into that that you'll love this place.Special Features:
- Food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014The food was very good, the ambience is fine, service was good and the menu had plenty of variety. Only complaint was waiter was too fast with the check. It was on the table before we were finished eating, and he came back once before I had even put my credit card in the folder. Definitely felt like we were being rushed and the restaurant was not that busy. Too many restaurants in Baltimore do this. I hate to compare with Europe, but they never bring a check until you ask for it.Special Features:
- Food fabulous, but almost too fast?js31071Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I had previously dined at Langermann's, so we were excited for the food. Arrived and were immediately seated at about 6:55 for a 7pm reservation. (No complaints.) We ordered a drink and looked at the menu. Around 7:05, we ordered a small plate and 2 entrees. The small plate came within 3 minutes. This makes sense as it was BBQ spare ribs, which would always be cooked ahead. (No complaints about that quick delivery either!) We were very surprised, however, when our entrees arrived at 7:16 (so surprised that I actually noted the time). We hadn't finished the small plate and would have been hard pressed to eat it faster. It was a week night, so we were not interested in lingering too late but did feel a little rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expansive space, good barwinendineDined on 8/10/2014Had many different style of eaters at the table. We were all accommodated very well, timing was fine, a little slow in bringing out the food, but were seated just after a party of 20+. Portions were fairly substantial. Best of the night was the Fried Green Tomatoes and things on grits. Stick to the southern-style dishes. Skilled bartender, could see happy hour might be popular here. Dining room expansive, can accommodate large groups. Overall, food was good, some very good items, executed all right, a little boring, but not offensive. Somewhat pricey for what you're getting.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We took my mom here for her birthday on a Sunday night. We all thought our food was fantastic. (Shrimp and grits, hanger steak, crispy grouper, crab dip were all dishes we tried.) My wife was pleased with the gluten free options. The french fries are gluten free but do not appear on the GF menu because they are fried in the same fryer as other foods, so you can decide your level of gluten tolerance there. We dined on a Sunday night so the crowd was pretty quiet, but the atmosphere was lovely and our waiter (unfortunately I didn't catch his name) was fantastic. If you're eating with little ones and they're getting antsy there's a pond right outside the door and around the corner with some goldfish.Special Features:
- Pat WellsYummy2meDined on 8/9/2014We were so happy that we chose to dine at Langermans during restaurant week. This was our first time here, and the menu was so amazing we chose off the regular menu. The Scallops were scrumptious, and my husbands Chilean Sea Bass was as well. We started off with the goat cheese salad, ended with a creme brûlée. The wine list was excellent as well. Our waitress was great as well. We will back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTinnerfatkids9lDined on 8/8/2014Everything from the appetizers to dessert, was amazing. The service was awesome. Even the adult beverages were created perfectly. Great atmosphere. Cant wait to go back.....Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Three fourths of us ordered from the restaurant week menu. We choose the soup as our appetizer which was extremely salty. We told the waitress and she apologized but did not offer to switch it out for anything. It was inedible so we did not finish it. Everything else was great. I had shrimp and grits for lunch and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Good but slowNikkiTheFoodieDined on 8/7/2014We went for restaurant week. Place didn't appear that packed but it took a long time (like 40 minutes) to get our entree. It was good but the wait was a pain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week LunchmizzdaiDined on 8/6/2014This was a great choice for Baltimore's Restaurant Week. The portions were plenty and the food was delicious. We were seated right away. We enjoyed our visit and would come back for the Happy Hour and regular lunch any day.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Food was amazing! Every component of the meal was well planned and executed, leading to a delicious dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant Week DinnerMoonshinecoupleDined on 8/3/2014We took advantage of Restaurant Week to visit here again. Nice special menu. Ezra was out waiter and he was exceptional! Would try to have him for service again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding GritsLowCountryFoodieDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I are big fans of authentic southern "Low Country" prepared food, especially Grits. Langermann's in Baltimore of all places has the best, hands down. We have traveled all over the south at many great restaurants and I am completely convinced Langermann's is at the top. We continue to get overall exceptional food and service every time we have eaten at Langermann's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday brunchTeam6200Dined on 8/3/2014This was our first experience we will be back and recommend this to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMbgatorDined on 8/2/2014Great food and service! The shrimp and grits are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly serviceKitty73Dined on 8/2/2014Lamb meatballs and Cajun shrimp and grits are a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Good food overall - shrimp and grits, short rib and catfish fingers, sweet potato hash and mac/cheese good. Great coffee. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodGoodFoodHonVIPDined on 7/31/2014Good food, good service so Langerman's is consistent. Happy hour prices are good but the wine selections is limited to only 1 red and 1 white.Special Features:
- large open space w/ southern foodVerneneVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our waiter was very professional and welcoming (even though he KNEW and somehow forgot to mark our Open Table res. and instead said we were a no show. Strange. The large open space can prove to be noisy but since there were only two other diners, all was quiet. Southern food was good but there was so much yummy melted butter that I did not want to think about the number of calories I swallowed. Frankly, there could have been a few more shrimp -- I actually felt there was a cost cutter involved in the serving. But, the kitchen was fast since we hit the off time. It was a nice respite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchJMH1Dined on 7/20/2014Great deal for brunch and nice outdoor seating. I really liked the sides bar where you can choose your options.Special Features:
- EmptyMicheyDined on 7/19/2014The food was good but the place was notably empty for a Saturday night. Our waitress was actually doubling as bartender.
- Lovely EveningTootsieDined on 7/19/2014It was one of those rare nights in Baltimore - not too hot and not too cold and not too humid - so we ate outside. Langermann's has an attractive setup with sturdy tables and umbrellas to make it good for having drinks and dinner. ( It would have a nicer ambiance if they didn't park cars in the front drive). Our drinks, appetizers, entrees and desserts were beautifully plated and delicious. It was my second time dining at this location and I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.