2400 Boston Street
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.langermanns.com/
- Phone: 4105343287
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:Saturday : 9:00am - 11:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American
- Executive Chef: Neal Langermann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are happy to cater your event! Please refer to our menu for items or call the restaurant for additional options.
- Special Events: We host cocktail parties, fundraisers, commencements, bridal and baby showers, weddings and wedding receptions!
A word from Langermann's
Langermann's Restaurant Group defines Low-Country cooking. Our Fresh Kitchen combines comfort food with a special twist. Shrimp and Grits are a favorite. We are a friendly neighborhood place with the hint of a drawl - all crafted a little slower to accentuate the rich tastes and simple elegance. It may not be the South but it is definitely our very own delicious little slice. Enjoy our cuisine by the fireplace, on the patio or terrace in the warmer months. Come join us for supper with friends, happy hour, or special dinner party. We offer a scrumptious Brunch Buffet on Sundays!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Langermann's - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
Langermann's reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (76)great for brunch (67)good for groups (60)special occasion (57)great for outdoor dining (57)great for lunch (44)romantic (24)kid-friendly (21)notable wine list (16)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We had a pleasant dining experience, I would return or recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Great atmosphere and service. Food was well plated but not rememerable. May try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Shrimp and grits is always great meal, but the appetizer special, bison chile, may have been the best chile I've ever had. And the corn bread and biscuits are terrific.Special Features:
- Pre gameJt23Dined on 8/23/2014Visited before ravens game and with a living social deal. Enjoyed several small plates and also ordered from charitable menu. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Langermann'sJackVIPDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed our lunch at Langermann's, an excellent choice for a quality meal. The menu leans toward "southern", perfect for my Texas born wife, and our entree choices were quite nice - scallops and grits- done perfectly according to her, for her, a meater choice for me. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent brunchlynn16Dined on 8/17/2014Brunch was fairly decent. Not a big selection of sides though. Bacon was not cooked enough--it should be crispy. Would have liked toast or English muffin included in sides. Overpriced for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatSim1Dined on 8/16/2014Dinner was delicious, Dessert was delightful and the evening was just perfect. Our waiter, Jake, was outstanding and I cannot rave enough about Langermann's. A true gem in Baltimore, I have been many times before and will return many times over. thank you!Special Features:
- Excellent FareDix511Dined on 8/16/2014Langermann's serves up delicious creatively prepared food with friendly and knowlegable service. The menu is somewhat limited but it's all good. And you have to eat some grits with whatever you order. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Menu - Great Servicefoodie4everVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had dinner here for the first time. Service was excellent an our server was knowledgable about the menu, attentive but not obtrusive. Menu has lots of varied choices. Excellent and varied gluten free menu, not the same old limited, boring things I usually have to order. Salad was very fresh and not drowned in dressing. Pork chop was juicy and properly done. You won't leave hungry servings are generous.You must try the heirloom grits because they are fabulous! Brunch menu looks delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much butterCantonEatsVIPDined on 8/16/2014Way too much butter and salt for my liking. All of my dishes were served in a puddle of salty butter. If you're into that that you'll love this place.Special Features:
- Food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014The food was very good, the ambience is fine, service was good and the menu had plenty of variety. Only complaint was waiter was too fast with the check. It was on the table before we were finished eating, and he came back once before I had even put my credit card in the folder. Definitely felt like we were being rushed and the restaurant was not that busy. Too many restaurants in Baltimore do this. I hate to compare with Europe, but they never bring a check until you ask for it.Special Features:
- Food fabulous, but almost too fast?js31071Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I had previously dined at Langermann's, so we were excited for the food. Arrived and were immediately seated at about 6:55 for a 7pm reservation. (No complaints.) We ordered a drink and looked at the menu. Around 7:05, we ordered a small plate and 2 entrees. The small plate came within 3 minutes. This makes sense as it was BBQ spare ribs, which would always be cooked ahead. (No complaints about that quick delivery either!) We were very surprised, however, when our entrees arrived at 7:16 (so surprised that I actually noted the time). We hadn't finished the small plate and would have been hard pressed to eat it faster. It was a week night, so we were not interested in lingering too late but did feel a little rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expansive space, good barwinendineDined on 8/10/2014Had many different style of eaters at the table. We were all accommodated very well, timing was fine, a little slow in bringing out the food, but were seated just after a party of 20+. Portions were fairly substantial. Best of the night was the Fried Green Tomatoes and things on grits. Stick to the southern-style dishes. Skilled bartender, could see happy hour might be popular here. Dining room expansive, can accommodate large groups. Overall, food was good, some very good items, executed all right, a little boring, but not offensive. Somewhat pricey for what you're getting.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We took my mom here for her birthday on a Sunday night. We all thought our food was fantastic. (Shrimp and grits, hanger steak, crispy grouper, crab dip were all dishes we tried.) My wife was pleased with the gluten free options. The french fries are gluten free but do not appear on the GF menu because they are fried in the same fryer as other foods, so you can decide your level of gluten tolerance there. We dined on a Sunday night so the crowd was pretty quiet, but the atmosphere was lovely and our waiter (unfortunately I didn't catch his name) was fantastic. If you're eating with little ones and they're getting antsy there's a pond right outside the door and around the corner with some goldfish.Special Features:
- Pat WellsYummy2meDined on 8/9/2014We were so happy that we chose to dine at Langermans during restaurant week. This was our first time here, and the menu was so amazing we chose off the regular menu. The Scallops were scrumptious, and my husbands Chilean Sea Bass was as well. We started off with the goat cheese salad, ended with a creme brûlée. The wine list was excellent as well. Our waitress was great as well. We will back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTinnerfatkids9lDined on 8/8/2014Everything from the appetizers to dessert, was amazing. The service was awesome. Even the adult beverages were created perfectly. Great atmosphere. Cant wait to go back.....Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Three fourths of us ordered from the restaurant week menu. We choose the soup as our appetizer which was extremely salty. We told the waitress and she apologized but did not offer to switch it out for anything. It was inedible so we did not finish it. Everything else was great. I had shrimp and grits for lunch and it did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Good but slowNikkiTheFoodieDined on 8/7/2014We went for restaurant week. Place didn't appear that packed but it took a long time (like 40 minutes) to get our entree. It was good but the wait was a pain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week LunchmizzdaiDined on 8/6/2014This was a great choice for Baltimore's Restaurant Week. The portions were plenty and the food was delicious. We were seated right away. We enjoyed our visit and would come back for the Happy Hour and regular lunch any day.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Food was amazing! Every component of the meal was well planned and executed, leading to a delicious dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant Week DinnerMoonshinecoupleDined on 8/3/2014We took advantage of Restaurant Week to visit here again. Nice special menu. Ezra was out waiter and he was exceptional! Would try to have him for service again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding GritsLowCountryFoodieDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I are big fans of authentic southern "Low Country" prepared food, especially Grits. Langermann's in Baltimore of all places has the best, hands down. We have traveled all over the south at many great restaurants and I am completely convinced Langermann's is at the top. We continue to get overall exceptional food and service every time we have eaten at Langermann's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday brunchTeam6200Dined on 8/3/2014This was our first experience we will be back and recommend this to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMbgatorDined on 8/2/2014Great food and service! The shrimp and grits are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and friendly serviceKitty73Dined on 8/2/2014Lamb meatballs and Cajun shrimp and grits are a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Good food overall - shrimp and grits, short rib and catfish fingers, sweet potato hash and mac/cheese good. Great coffee. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodGoodFoodHonVIPDined on 7/31/2014Good food, good service so Langerman's is consistent. Happy hour prices are good but the wine selections is limited to only 1 red and 1 white.Special Features:
- large open space w/ southern foodVerneneVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our waiter was very professional and welcoming (even though he KNEW and somehow forgot to mark our Open Table res. and instead said we were a no show. Strange. The large open space can prove to be noisy but since there were only two other diners, all was quiet. Southern food was good but there was so much yummy melted butter that I did not want to think about the number of calories I swallowed. Frankly, there could have been a few more shrimp -- I actually felt there was a cost cutter involved in the serving. But, the kitchen was fast since we hit the off time. It was a nice respite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchJMH1Dined on 7/20/2014Great deal for brunch and nice outdoor seating. I really liked the sides bar where you can choose your options.Special Features:
- EmptyMicheyDined on 7/19/2014The food was good but the place was notably empty for a Saturday night. Our waitress was actually doubling as bartender.
- Lovely EveningTootsieDined on 7/19/2014It was one of those rare nights in Baltimore - not too hot and not too cold and not too humid - so we ate outside. Langermann's has an attractive setup with sturdy tables and umbrellas to make it good for having drinks and dinner. ( It would have a nicer ambiance if they didn't park cars in the front drive). Our drinks, appetizers, entrees and desserts were beautifully plated and delicious. It was my second time dining at this location and I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutItsallaboutusDined on 7/18/2014Excellent Food.......Awesome Service......Great Atmosphere What more could we ask for!!! We will be back to enjoy all of this again.Special Features:
- Food good, noise level awfulilikefoodDined on 7/12/2014When we made reservations, we were not told that there would be a birthday party in the balcony area looking over the main dining room. The partygoers sang, shouted to such a level that my friends and I were shouting over the small table so that we could hear one another. We talked to the manager, he apologized and said that the party was breaking up right away...not true. He then offered us a free round of drinks. We said that we weren't staying for a round of drinks. The bill came and we were were charged for the drinks that we had--not cool. Our server arranged to have the drinks removed from our bill. The restaurant needs some noise abatement renovations so there could be parties and dining at the same time.
- Way too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014The food and service were great but it was hard to talk to anyone other than the people right next to you, we even had trouble hearing the waiter tell us the specialsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMoonshinecoupleDined on 7/6/2014Great diviner. Try the crab/tuna tartar app, the sea bass, the scallops. Service was good, but we noticed that we did not receive the special fund raising menu. All the food was nicely presented and was delicious.Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Classically delicious southern food. A hidden gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good tryattemptingDined on 7/2/2014Good try at southern. Good twists to some classic, but skip the fried tomatoes. Total waste of calories. I did like that part of my dinner costs went to charity. Oh. And the small plates is a lovely concept. Lets you experience more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SaladGoodFoodHonVIPDined on 7/1/2014Both my friend and I had the salmon salad with yellow beets, walnuts and a delicious assortment of green. Along with cold Blue Moon beer, the perfect dinner on a hot summer evening.Special Features:
- FlavorfulyummyDined on 6/30/2014We tried several of the small plates and loved each one. Lots of unique flavors and aromas. Portions were perfect and prices reasonable.Special Features:
- TomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014I made a reservation for 6 for a post matinee Sunday performance at the Vagabond theater in Fells Point. We had a very enjoyable early dinner meal. I also requested information for a future 90 th birthday brunch for 20-25 people, including 6 children of various ages. The hostess was very helpful, and made it clear that they could comfortably handle a group of that size, including the children. She showed me the area on the mezzanine where our group would be located. Based on the information I was provided, I would not hesitate to have our party there. In addition, our server was very pleasant and the service and food were very good. Langermann's clearly exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.