Langermann's On Light
1542 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21230Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
Langermann's On Light
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.langermanns.com/light
- Phone: 4105281200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday 4:00pm - Close. Saturday and Sunday 10am - Close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Chef Neal Langermann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We're happy to cater any event!
A word from Langermann's On Light
Langermann's Restaurant Group defines Low-County cooking. We are a completely fresh kitchen. You'll find neighborhood friends and culinary warmth with the hint of drawl. Crafted a little slower to accentuate the rich tastes, the sense of historic cultivation, and simple elegance. It may not be in the south, but it is definitely our very own delicious little slice. Join us for Jazz Brunch on Sundays!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Langermann's On Light reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good low country, little priceyWMColmes14VIPDined on 7/11/2014Empty at 7pm on FRI but it's summer. Server was attentive and friendly. Both of us did app/3 sides. I had the tuna / crab tartare (mango, cilantro, spicy avacado dressing on seaweed salad - $14), which was fresh and light. She had a perfectly done set of fried green tomatoes (ranch, pepper jam, bread and butter pickles - $8) with great crunch. I had the white cheddar mac (great bechamel), bacon brussells (shredded, which i love, with some crunch) and goat cheese orzo (creamy and light for a cheese sauce, very nice) for $11. She had the sprouts, mashed (whipped well and buttery) & spinach (steamed, not much flavor) for $11. Both thought the portion sizes were small. Sides are $4-6 each and they were a large scoop. Tasty but not a value spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers DAy Dinner1oldsrfrVIPDined on 6/15/2014This was our second visit here and it was very good. Excellent draft beer list and fish, a long walk from Camden Yards but worth it!Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the Langermann's On Light reviews archive.
- Really GoodKingsvillefoodieDined on 5/25/2014All five in our party really enjoyed their meals. We will definitely return and recommend Langermann's on Light to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchJojoDined on 5/25/2014We arrived early for a 10:30 am brunch reservation. The restaurant was practically empty and they seated us right away. Service was attentive and the food was above average. I did not get the capers with my bagel and lox as was described. Otherwise everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2014I ordered the Scallop and Shrimp pasta with Lobster sauce. It was simply amazing.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2014While I am not one to usually write a review, I felt compelled to write one about brunch at Langermann's On Light! I took my wife, kids, and grandchildren to Langermann's On Light for Mother's Day Brunch, and it was fabulous ! Everything about it was terrific. Valet parking was available if you wanted it. We had reserved a table for 8, and it comfortably accommodated the family. Our waiter was outstanding, and the food couldn't have been better. Plus, there was a jazz band playing, which the grandkids loved! I highly recommend Langermann's On Light, and I know that we will be back !Special Features:
- Lovely birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2014My cousin and I invited a few family members to join us for brunch and jazz at the Langermann's on Light Street for Sunday brunch. The food, the service and the atmosphere did not disappoint us. We had a lovely time, and suprisingly the noise level was perfect given there were other small groups dining and a live jazz band. My recoommendation for brunch is the eggs benedict/crab cakes-absolutely delicious, great portion, and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious...only minor fixes neededFoodiefoodiefoodieDined on 4/13/2014We had a group of 5 for brunch and ALL of the food was outstanding (French toast, eggs Benedict, cheddar grits, etc). They have $5 mimosas and bloody Mary's available too. This is one of my two gripes: I HATE pickle and confirmed with the waitress there was no pickle in their bloodys. Drink comes and there is pickle juice in the drink. Second gripe is their unwillingness to do separate checks. But in all things that can go wrong in restaurants, this place does a lot right. They even had an instrumental band playing easy listening music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy but very loudFederalHillerDined on 4/4/2014Maybe it's a sign of advancing age, but when it's very difficult to carry on a conversation across a small table for four people, I think it's time to consider some sound-dampening measures. That aside, the food was excellent, as usual, and the service pleasant and competent. This is a very good restaurant. But be forewarned, conversation can be a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a nice settingMike28aVIPDined on 4/3/2014Langermann'a on Light serves a nice meal and good drinks in a very pleasant setting. I was tempted by the cowboy steak, but went with buffalo shrimp and a delicious chicken cheesesteak. My wife's turkey burger didn't send her. Our drinks were very well made. All in all a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can you be a little more flexible?JerseyGinaDined on 3/30/2014The mimosas were delish, the food was good, the prices were fair. The server was a little delayed in getting our order initially and then the food was slow to come from the kitchen. We arrived at 11:30 & lunch service started at noon.Our order wasn't taken until 11:45. We were told we couldn't order from the lunch menu yet but then our food did not arrive until 12:15. Really? Can you please be a little more flexible? That kinda ruined our experience. It looked like a really cool place. The live music is why I'm giving this place four stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Date Night SpotKColieDined on 3/29/2014I went there on a date and the ambience was perfect our waitress was amazing and attentive overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food in Fed HillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Food was delicious, though the overall experience - for the price - could have been better. While we waited for our table at the bar, bartender informed us that they were out of two key ingredients for nearly every drink on the cocktail menu; and when he did leave the cocktail menu, he never came back to take my drink order. Appetizers were excellent, good quality for the price and lovely presentation. Entrees were wonderful (and the pulled pork sandwich was a tasty bargain)! Service was adequate, as waitstaff was polite but not especially attentive - it wasn't terribly busy, but water glasses went unfilled. Ladies' restroom needed some attention. All in all, though, if I was looking for comfort food in Fed Hill, I'd certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceDonnaDined on 2/28/2014We have gone to Langermann's on Light twice before attending the theater and both times the food was wonderful, the staff friendly and accommodating to our time constraints, and the price was not offensive. Our parties ranged from 6 people one night to 10 the other and both were handled beautifully.Special Features:
- Really disappointedMikeRDined on 2/28/2014Had heard a lot about Langerman's on NPR and other sources, and looked forward to our first-time visit. None were true. It wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. The grits they promote so often were lumpy, bland and roux need lots of work. Other dishes, such as the short ribs were bland and sub-par too. The restaurant was EXTREMELY noisy. So much so that all in our party had to lean over and shout just to have a conversation. On the hand, their pasta with shrimp & scallops were fantanstic and the pecan pie was exceptional. I guess its a nice spot to stop by for drinks at the bar after work...they seemed to have had a ball.Special Features:
- DisappointedHopeDined on 2/26/2014The restuarant is low scale and very overpriced. They gave small portion sizes, smaller than most other restaurants that I have dined at. I paid $8 for 2 slices of fried green tomato. The place was very small with a tiny kicken, wooden tables and a bar. It was my daughter's birthday and I felt bad for her. We order a slice of cake for $7.50 and it was small piece, it was dry and not good. We barely act a third of it. BAD EXPERIENCE but the server was very polite.Special Features:
- A little off the path, but worth itVicBVIPDined on 2/16/2014It's not close to the other attractions of Baltimore, but a great find. It's a small place so I highly recommend reservations. The atmosphere was lively and there was live music for brunch. We started with the fried green tomatoes which were perfectly fried. Topped with sweet pickles and a tangy dipping sauce, they were a great start. My wife had a one of the benedicts, it was supposed to have chorizo but it tasted like regular sausage. It was pretty standard fare, but good. I had the Langermann's Hash which was excellent! It was fresh corned beef, short rib meat, and chorizo combined which made packed with flavor. Served over home fries and topped with eggs - this had to be one of the best hash dishes I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smooth operationBikeToEatDined on 2/14/2014Despite the late hour on a busy Valentines day, the service was flawless and the food was well prepared. We enjoyed the tuna tartar and crab meat appetizer. Of the entrees we selected, we both preferred the Roasted Vegetable Napoleon (Portobello Mushroom) but the Grilled Hangar Steak was very good as well. The sides accompanying the meal (a salad and a risotto) were as special as the featured item. The draft beer selection changes regularly and one of us was glad to see the Breckenridge nitro Vanilla Porter on the list.Special Features:
- Best shrimp and grits!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I dined at Langermans on Valentines day and had a great meal! This was our first trip to Langermans so we had no idea what to expect. The service was outstanding and the calamari appetizer special was accompanied by an amazing dipping sauce- delicious! I had the shrimp and grits and it was absolutely outstanding! My husband chose the scallops and was not disappointed. Great food and great service- we will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise`sharappleVIPDined on 2/1/2014My husband and I have passed by Langermann's on Light frequently but had never actually gone in. On a whim last Saturday evening we decided to try it. Having a valet service in Fed Hill is a great asset as parking there is non existent. As soon as we walked in, we felt right at home. It wasn't too late on a Saturday night and there were people at the bar and more than half the dining tables full. We were seated right away and our server came over to get our order. They were having an advance promotion of Restaurant week and we both opted for it ...amazing! From the salad to the fried peanut butter cups...everything was terrific.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toJATWVIPDined on 1/30/2014This was our first visit to Langermans on Light. We have always liked the food at the other location but this location has a wonderful feel. It's much smaller and more intament. We enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- A great find!JudyVIPDined on 1/18/2014This was our first time at Langermann's and we will definitely back! We were entertaining out-of-town guests, so trying someplace new was a bit risky. But what a find! We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals -- three of our guests had the potato-chip encrusted grouper and raved about it; I had the duck-breast special, which was perfectly prepared and beautifully plated on a pile of scrumptious grits (and I usually don't like grits) topped with shredded brussel sprouts and dried cranberries. The desserts were equally delicious (I highly recommend the pecan pie) and tasted homemade. They even had my husband's favorite -- Smith Island cake. We are thrilled to find a new favorite spot. It now tops our list of South Baltimore/Fed Hill restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Low County Foodlbc3Dined on 1/11/2014Cocktail list was great, dinner was wonderful, Shrimp and Grits were awesome.Special Features:
- Mostly all goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013This visit was less impressive than those prior. The food left something to be desired, which is not up to the standards I'm accustomed to at Langermann's. But, it was New Year's Eve so there is some forgiveness. I like the ambience which is nice but chill. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchHarryDined on 12/29/2013Great food for very affordable prices. Generous BloodyMary and Mimosha for a great price. Service was very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday enjoymentmrjoeDined on 12/22/2013I celebrated my birthday with my family and friends at brunch. Great way tostart my bday. atSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotREwing26Dined on 12/15/2013The food is great (a little expensive for the portions and the area). We always go for the Wednesday night wine specials - $15 bottles and they have a great selection.Special Features:
- Unique & delicious!bromillDined on 12/14/2013Had such a hard time choosing what to get because everything looked/was so delicious. Gourmet & unique items, but not intimidating or too out-there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low Country menu is what gotMartyDined on 12/14/2013Low Country menu is what got our attention. The waiter Derrick was both attentive and knowledgeable. Shrimp & grits are some of the best we've had anywhere, and hanger steak was done to perfection with perfectly done risotto. Worth finding, a little off the main drag in Fed Hill...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!JillDined on 11/29/2013The food at Langerman's is consistently good,as are the drinks. Our server was excellent. This is our go-to restaurant when the weather gets cold.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013This was my 1st time at this restaurant. I have been going to Langermann's for years and wanted to try their new restaurant. It did not disappoint! The food was delicious, from the appetizers to dessert. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the food -- and weEliseVIPDined on 11/15/2013We loved the food -- and we were racing though our dinner because of terrible traffic. The waiter made sure our meal was well paced in spite of our compressed time. The lambshank special was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed itBobsmymanDined on 11/9/2013Good comfortable food, attentive, friendly service, and a warm, lively but not too loud atmosphere. The shrimp and grits was fantastic, and the rib eye steaks with grits and Brussels sprouts, which were a special, were terrific, although a little pricey - out of line with the regular menu. The server should have told the prices when she announced the specials. The draft beer selection was very good, although not super-extensive. We spent a little more than we thought we would, but you could easily avoid that, we really enjoyed the dinner and the time there, and we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Burger night!Mike28aVIPDined on 11/7/2013We visited Langermann's on Light this past Thursday not knowing it was burger night. Bonus! Each of our burgers was great, with well-prepared fries and good sauces. I had pulled porked with blue cheese (Memphis burger, the blues, get it?) and we also had the fried green tomato burger. Everything was excellent. Burger night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a chance, well worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/28/2013We went to Langermanns on Light on a Monday and it turned out to be trivia night. On a whim we entered the contest and became first-time winners of the event. Took home a $30 gift card and had a blast. Food and service was great. Its casual and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to Federal HillKIMADined on 10/26/2013A great addition to Fed Hill...a bit more sophisticated than the general bar scene, but still fits into the neighborhood. I opted for the ribs, which were pretty good. They could have used a little more flavor, but I didn't have any trouble making a dent. The fries and coleslaw hit the spot. The two others I were with had the eggplant parmesan and shrimp/sausage risotto. The eggplant was very tasty and delicious. I didn't get a chance to taste the risotto, but that's because there was nothing left when he was finished. They have a nice selection of beers on tap, and the service was exceptional. Our waiter was knowledgeable, attentive and very friendly, but not in an overwhelming way.Special Features:
- One of the Best Brunches EVER!RoBoDined on 10/20/2013My friends and I agreed this was one of the best brunches ever and I put it in my top 5. My girlfriend and I enjoyed the Chesapeake and Memphis Eggs Benedict selections while the other couple with us built their own Scramblers. We also all split a serving of French Toast which they make with brioche, excellent! This location is obviously smaller than the one they have in Canton, so if you are planning to have a group of more than 4-6, I would definitely make reservations. There was also a jazz trio playing which added a nice touch to the meal's environment. We cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Low-Key RestaurantCharmedDinningVIPDined on 10/13/2013My family was in town this past weekend and Langermann's was a great choice for dinner! It was low-key and had great food. We had such a fun time, I'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuHenryDined on 10/11/2013The menu did not reflect, nor accurately describe the selection that I made.Special Features:
- Great brunch menu with deliciousLindsayDined on 9/29/2013Great brunch menu with delicious food. The jazz music during brunch was cool but made conversation difficult. We had a large group, including children, that they easily accommodated. Overall, it was a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.