778 South Shelmore Blvd.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.owensdininggroup.com/
- Phone: 8433889200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Patrick Langdon Owens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: They can accommodate groups of up to 20 guests in the dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Owens 8433889200
A word from Langdon's Restaurant
Langdon's Restaurant and Wine Bar is located in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, just across the Cooper River from the historic city of Charleston. Chef and owner Patrick Langdon Owens has taken Lowcountry cooking to a different level. Crispy local grouper served atop brie grits with applewood smoked bacon chardonnay basil cream or pepper crusted tuna over baby greens with avocado relish and wasabi-topped with fried leeks are just two of the many wonderful selections that are featured at Langdon's Restaurant and Wine Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Langdon's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Langdon's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)fit for foodies (94)neighborhood gem (90)romantic (62)notable wine list (49)great for lunch (18)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (8)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The seasonings in the food was unique compare to other local restaurants (it doesn't taste like they share the same receipe) and it was outstanding. Service staff was good, but are not at the level of polisness as similar caliber restaurants. The restaurant was very noisy. It was difficult to carry out a conversation. The restaurant is located in a shopping plaza next to a grocery store, and was a bit difficult to find due to lack of signs. This type of location is more suitable for neighborhood eatery or casual dinning, not for the level of caliber restaurant and price range of Langdon.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysdannondinesVIPDined on 9/12/2014We always look forward to our dinner dates at Langdon's. The food is always wonderful no matter what you get. Very consistent. This time we has the shrimp bisque (ridiculously good!), the scallops (always my fave) and lamb chops and salmon. Another amazing dinner. The service is always outstanding also! We shall be back soon hopefully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as alwaysAwefulDined on 9/10/2014Made my Mother's 91st Birthday special! Food was amazing as always, and the service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday for 8OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We had a great dinner for a party of eight eating ala carte. Only disappointment was there were no gourmet hamburgers on dinner menu. Also, what happened to Whetstone Pinot Noir's? He's a local Charleston boy who is now making fabulous wines in Napa. And he has a loyal SC following.....hint.Special Features:
- LangdonsAlllyVIPDined on 9/6/2014If you live in Mt. Pleasant, you do not need to go over the bridge for a fine dining experience. Our favorite place without the parking hassels and long drive. Their fish is always fresh as well as some interesting salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingsPursuingPinotDined on 9/6/2014I hadn't been to Landgon's for quite awhile. Their restaurant week menu appealed to me and I decided to make a reservation. The first thing that got my attention was how expensive the wine list is. There were few to no bottles of interest to me under the $70 range. I went ahead and ordered a $68 Syrah that was outstanding. We were told that we could mix and match between the restaurant week menu and the regular menu. It all got a bit confusing and I think we ended up paying full price for everything. I questioned our server and he said that was what the kitchen said to charge. My friend and I both found the entrees too salty, which was disappointing. Some salt enhances food, but if there's too much, you're stuck with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Brilliant food, brilliant wine, impeccable service...flawless nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutsandingMariobDined on 8/30/2014Hard to choose but my favorite is the tuna entrée with avocado and slaw...bon appetite.Special Features:
- HappydinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Langdons staff were very accommodating. Sat us where we requested and were all around wonderful! Food was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Friendsluv2eatitalianfoodVIPDined on 8/26/2014This was our first time eating at Langdon's. It offers an intimate dining area and bar. The food was good but not outstanding. My salmon was good, however my husband's pork chop was overcooked and on the dry side. Also we waited a very long time to receive our salads. The server poured us another glass of wine to compensate for the wait time on the salads. For me it did not live up to being a AAA four diamonds dining experience on the evening that I was there.Special Features:
- Always spot on ...GregDined on 8/23/2014This is by far one of the top restaurants in Charleston. The food is always amazing and the staff is very attentive. We have never had a bad meal, and the food is always cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Food is consistently good.Uncg83Dined on 8/23/2014I have had the pleasure of eating at Langdon's multiple times over the years, the food is always delicious and the staff wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindwellyVIPDined on 8/22/2014This neighborhood bistro is a place with a friendly attitude and very good food. If staying in downtown Charleston, it is worth the 10-15 minute drive to Mt. Pleasant. Local friends introduced us to Langdon's in April; otherwise, we would have never known it existed. The duck breast entree was one of the best I have had. Although the menu is somewhat limited in range, the preparation and quality of ingredients are superb. I would recommend Langdon's to anyone staying or living in the Mt. Pleasant area as well as to Charlestonians who might be looking for something a little different from the downtown restaurant fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at LangdonsWendy5859Dined on 8/21/2014I have been to Langdons many times, one of my most favorite restaurants. I have dined alone at the bar and with friends and have been treated amazingly. I have also eaten in the restaurant which is beautiful. Service is great and consistent. The food is always delicious and when I leave am always looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointingUpscaleDinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014Been to Langdon's several times in the past, and considered it our favorite restaurant. Having not been there for a little over a year, we had the occasion to go for lunch, and took some friends. The food was excellently prepared, but the portions had been cut down considerably, and the once great hand cut fries were no longer exquisite. The diver scallop dish, very delicious, was $16 dollars for 2 scallops - really? The hamburger was the size of a hockey puck, but cooked as ordered. We were somewhat embarrassed that we chose to have lunch here. The final blow- a $25. corkage fee at lunch time was a killer. We have never paid more than $20.corkage fee at the finest of restaurants for dinner. But $25 for lunch- highway robbery.Special Features:
- Very Goodfood13Dined on 8/20/2014Great food and service, will be back. Apps were great, entrees too but don't get the bolognase if you don't like lamb. Dessert and coffee too, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well....luvsitalianVIPDined on 8/15/2014Having asked a friend "Did you ever eat at Langdon's" She said "yes, it's pricey". So that didn't bother me, but when I pay $27 for a pork chop I expect it to be large, or at least thick cut.It was small but very tasty. The apple slaw was very good; something I had never tried before. The wilted spinach was salty, even too salty for my husband's taste and the mashed potatoes lukewarm. My salad however was excellent! My husband had the Bolognese and again the portion was small and for my taste, too much salt. The bartender makes a great cosmo and the bread from Normandy Farms bakery was delicious. But I doubt we will go back.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014We had heard great things about this restaurant and it was delicious! The tuna with avocado was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of our favorites.RandRDined on 8/12/2014Its nice to come back after several years to restaurant which you enjoyed and find the same quality of food and level of service as you enjoyed previously. During a recent trip to Charleston we took the opportunity to eat lunch here rather than combating the crowds at one of the newer downtown spots. We shared a couple of appetizers and mains and then dessert. Space doesn't permit an adequate description of what we ate except to say the shrimp, scallops and salmon were expertly prepared and paired with a variety od sides that enhanced without overpowering them.Special Features:
- Favorite!SusanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always enjoy our dinner at Langdon's. It is a lovely way to spend the evening with friends or family. The food and service are exceptional.Special Features:
- Our Experience2for2brunchDined on 8/7/2014An excellent dining spot in mids of Mount Pleasant. The food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodFanaticVIPDined on 8/6/2014The title of my review says it all. It was our first time there and loved it and look forward to going back and trying something different on the menu. I had the Market Fish and it was outstanding. If your a lover of choclate chip cookies make sure you have one for dessert. OMG to die for.Special Features:
- best food everTheBrazilian2014Dined on 8/2/2014extremely good fresh food! the best I ever ate! The best of the Best...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in Mount PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The ribeye was absolutely fabulous and the best I have had in Charleston. I also recommend the foie gras for an appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 8/1/2014This is an outstanding restaurant, probably the best in the Charleston area. The service is unobtrusive, yet proficient. Just the right amount, but not hovering. The food is always extraordinary and well presented. It sets the standard!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Mt. PleasantcatlingtonDined on 7/30/2014Having lived in Charleston for many years and sampled the beef filet at numerous restaurants throughout the city, we can unequivocally say that Langdon's has the best filet in town. Always cooked to perfection with a luscious reduction. Plus, the service is impeccable. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uvOldVillageluvOldVillageDined on 7/30/2014We had wonderful little raw oysters and the filet, which was cooked perfectly. Always love this place. One of the few restaurants that I can say that is consistently great!Special Features:
- Consistent & Premium Experience !crosswaveVIPDined on 7/29/2014Very quietly it is so obvious to this Charlestonian that Patrick Owens' original place - - Langdon's - - is so underrated. We repeat patrons appreciate the team he has in place there. We also hope he never loses sight of that and frequently doubles back to keep his team happy !!!Special Features:
- JodiDined on 7/29/2014Had a really nice dinner. Service and food were great. Always enjoy our dinners at Langdon's.Special Features:
- A pleasant surprise!grandfoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014On our way home from shopping in Charleston we decided to try Langdon's. What a wonderful experience. The food was beyond our expectations and the service was impeccable. Absolutely would recommend the gnocchi and pear salad. We will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Always goodCainhoygalDined on 7/22/2014We are regulars. It is one of my very favorite places. We have a special booth and we always have great service. The food is delicious. I highly recommend the Hawaiian tuna over avocado and slaw. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mt. Pleasant Delight8dereVIPDined on 7/14/2014Been dining at Langdon's for years and it is always excellent. The food is on par with Charleston's finest downtown restaurants and is conveniently located with plenty of parking. Service is also very attentive but not overly so and they have a good selection of wines. Priced like the downtown restaurants, but the quality and convenience are worth it. The filet and the tuna get rave reviews!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ah, I can hear you: perfect lunchLocalFanDined on 7/14/2014How to combine excellent cuisine and actually hear what your lunch partner is saying? Choose Langdon's. Dinner is always an elegant, festive affair at this fine venue, tucked behind a BiLo's. As a neighborhood resident, I often choose Langdon's over Shem Creek or downtown: convenience, a relaxed ambience, and so many appealing entrees. On this occasion, my visiting investment counselor looked forward to local seafood for lunch. Plus, we required a place to converse in private. He enjoyed Langdon's "Daily Catch," as well as bottled sparkling water and...a memorable dessert. Seated in a booth, we stayed two hours going over figures but were never rushed. This visitor intends to re-visit Langdon's with other clients. .Special Features:
- Fabulous food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014We loved our experience at Langdon's. There was one minor detail that bothered me and my husband. As we entered there were two hostesses that met us with warm smiles and "hi Guys!" The word "guys" was repeated as we were seated. "Enjoy your dinner guys!" For an upscale restaurant I think the greeting and term "guys"used for your customers should be upscaled too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the tripCMMTHVIPDined on 7/11/2014Langdon's was the best restaurant during a week and a half of sampling the best of Charleston and Mt. Pleasant. My wife holds out for Husk as her favorite, but Langdon's tipped the scale for me this time. (I love Husk, too, but don't miss Langdon's.) Its unassuming location, low key atmosphere, and placement in Mount Pleasant ought not mislead you--this is a very fine restaurant. The gnocchi appetizer was sublime. The flounder special was excellent. The chocolate chip cookies--well, I start working out again tomorrow. Abbey was a delightful server. If we lived there, we'd make it a regular stop. Go to Langdon's.Special Features:
- What a surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014We celebrated our daughter's new job there with our family of six. For the food and service the pricing was great. We enjoyed the casual ambience without the intense noise or music. The staff was very attentive and professional.Special Features:
- You have to try this restaurantBenjiVIPDined on 7/9/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Charleston. The food, service and ambiance is phenomenal. The bar is also excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant and it should be on one's list to try when visiting the Charleston area. We dine here frequently and always bring out of town business associates to the restaurant. Eveyone loves Langdon's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickelDined on 7/3/2014Langdon's is a very charming restaurant located in an out of the way strip mall in Mt Pleasant. When you step inside you know from the atmosphere, service, and decor that it is definetly uptown. We enjoyed a delicious cheese tray with wine. I had a fish dish that was perfect! We are in Charleston very often and this is now one of the favorites.Special Features:
- Best Resteraunt in Mt POpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014All of the food we had was excellent, combined with great service made our visit to Langdnon's a wonderful experience. Excellent wine at a good price and one of the best aged ribeyes I've had in a while. Also had the rack of lamb, excellent. Can,t wait to go there again.Special Features:
- delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2014We do have to go "out of our way" to eat here...but...it's soooo worth it! We normally get a steak(filet) and a fish dish... as we did our last visit...and it was GREAT! Kinda makes you wonder why you try "new" places.....when this is so good! Hat's off for consistency!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.