778 South Shelmore Blvd.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.owensdininggroup.com/
- Phone: (843) 388-9200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Patrick Langdon Owens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: They can accommodate groups of up to 20 guests in the dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Owens 8433889200
A word from Langdon's Restaurant
Langdon's Restaurant and Wine Bar is located in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, just across the Cooper River from the historic city of Charleston. Chef and owner Patrick Langdon Owens has taken Lowcountry cooking to a different level. Crispy local grouper served atop brie grits with applewood smoked bacon chardonnay basil cream or pepper crusted tuna over baby greens with avocado relish and wasabi-topped with fried leeks are just two of the many wonderful selections that are featured at Langdon's Restaurant and Wine Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Langdon's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Langdon's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)special occasion (84)neighborhood gem (80)romantic (57)notable wine list (55)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (12)hot spot (10)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Can't beat it!HappydinerVIPDined on 11/22/2014Langdon's is better than any of the downtown restaurants. We are so fortunate to have such a gem so close to our home! It's always where we take guests, out of town or locals! Perfect service, and fresh, delicious dishes of the best kind! We love the steaks, the salmon, and always enjoy the fish choice of the day! Try the warm cookies with ice cream! That's one fine dessert! Simple and delightful! Creme brûlée is great too! Go and savor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good place.GinnisDined on 11/21/2014Have eaten here many times and never had a bad meal. The grouper is outstanding and used to be on the menu. I ordered it as a special and was not disappointed. I definitely will be back the next time I'm in Charleston. One of the best and most consistently good restaurants in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its precisionvino1VIPDined on 11/21/2014Langdon's used to be a bit upscale neighborhood gem with service and perfectly prepared, if a bit boring, food. So many newer places have opened that we had not been there is nearly a year. Menu is the same as always, with dishes that are rarely even tweaked. The booth we requested was waiting, and our order was taken competently. Then the waitress disappeared to take another order, bring them wine, discuss it, bring another wine, open it, explain the menu and the exceedingly detailed specials. We waited, had no wine, or bread. Wine arrived about 30 seconds before our appetizer, the bread we had to ask another waitress for. Shrimp with a polenta cake was excellent, however the entrees, duck, were not. Overcooked to a brownish medium although we both requested "red middle - not raw", and the fruit glaze on the skin was burned. The plateful of succotash was good, but "veggie of the day" broccoli was cooked to mush. Waitress never returned to pour our fairly expensive bottle of wine. We expect better food and service from a place with such high prices, and we most likely will not return.Special Features:
- Unusual location but great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Food was fabulous and the service was attentive without being overbearing. We had a group of six and everyone had something different, but the reaction was the same. We all loved it. Visited three other restaurants on our weekend visit and this was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Continues to be FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014Langdon's has consistently turned out great food. Since it opened, it has been a favorite but is further from my home than most places we frequent and it is not inexpensive (but worth it). I often make it for lunch but rarely for dinner. We finally made it for dinner for the first time in a while and brought another couple who had never been there. Everyone's food was fantastic. I had a seared grouper over a corn and leek risotto and, if socially acceptable, likely would've licked the dish it was served in. The wine list is wonderful, but not unnecessarily overwhelming - a lot of choice without so many it is hard to make a decision. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meals as well -- steak for two of them and another seafood for the 4th. And, we shared some delicious desserts - a chocolate cake with coffee ice cream and to die for creme brûlée. Will definitely put Langdon's back on the must frequent list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayJere1rDined on 11/11/2014I wanted a special place other than the typical places we visit down town. We live in Summerville and it was well worth the drive. I heard about Langdon's by word of mouth and had it on my restaurant bucket list. We were very glad to have gone there for my wife's birthday. Food and the night was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at Langdon's is always wonderful!sinesDined on 11/7/2014I have never had a single item at Langdon's that was not wonderful as well as unique! We like to take out of town guests there as a special treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was greatbedge11Dined on 11/3/2014There were few people during lunch at the place that hides in the back of a small shopping center. The food was excellent and the service very attentive. My wife said the shrimp and grits were the best she had ever tasted. We will recommend this place and try it again when we are in the Charleston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedFlanker6Dined on 11/1/2014This was our fourth time at Langdon's for dinner. Once again terrific food and service. It was a birthday dinner for a friend. He and his wife were also returning patrons. Everything was delicious. The best oysters Rockefeller that I have ever eaten. Entrees included grouper with a risotto, Asian style short ribs and a wonderful pasta Bolognese. The wine list is somewhat small but covered all the bases. We were very happy with our choice of a 2012 Cotes du Rhone. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Very TastyDonnDined on 11/1/2014From the Champagne at the beginning to celebrate a birthday to the desert at the end it was a great meal. The service was first rateSpecial Features:
- Strip CenterSLOWJOEDined on 11/1/2014Very hard to find behind Bi-Lo. Service good food better than good not excellent!Special Features:
- Joy! Worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014This restaurant was recommended to me a few years ago and I have finally made it. It was worth the wait! I and my party all had wonderful meals and drank a wonderful bottle of Konig Cabernet. I had Local Oysters as a first course followed by the Local Grouper special (perfectly prepared - moist and delicate) with two veggie sides (that the chef so wonderfully substituted for me) while another person had the Duck and our third person had the fish gnocchi appetizer as a meal. Our beautiful elegant bottle of Cabernet went perfectly with all of our entrees. This restaurant is an exceptional find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BackformoreDined on 10/31/2014This place never fails to impress. I can always bring guests there with the confidence that the food and drink will be outstanding.Special Features:
- Quiet and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/31/2014Out of the way location in Mt. Pleasant, with a excellent wine list and food to match. Great for special occasions or if you just want to sit at the bar and enjoy a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always wonderfulCallaWassieDined on 10/28/2014Great food, ambiance and service....always a dining pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find near Charleston, SCWinebuffDined on 10/25/2014while visiting Charleston we were staying in Mt. Pleasant and wanted to try something close. Were we ever surprised? The Chef is culinary trained at Johnson & Wales and it showed. My wife had the pork chop, amazing. I had the dry aged rib eye and it was excellent. A pleasant find and I would rank it right up their with Charleston's best.Special Features:
- Mt. Pleasant's finestDisappointedDined on 10/25/2014We were celebrating a wedding anniversary and looking for somewhere we hadn't tried. This seemed like a good alternative to the downtown Charleston hassle. The service was friendly and prompt, the food was excellent and the noise level was only slightly above what we were hoping for on a busy Saturday night. In particular the filet was the best we've ever had and the second label Bordeaux was a pleasant find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, relaxed atmospheremjfromnjVIPDined on 10/25/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Langdon's. Our first night in Mt Pleasant, and we were unsure of where to eat, but were not disappointed. All of the food preparations were spot on, service was good, and the ambience was quiet and relaxed. Would go back1Special Features:
- Lunch was fantastic!Melb123Dined on 10/22/2014We had a great lunch with great service! Nick was our server and he was very attentive! Both the burger and shrimp wrap hit the spot! We will be back for sure.....Always a great experience at Langdon's!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Food was excellent, while cocktails were very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Always a great mealJuju4756Dined on 10/13/2014They NEVER disappoint. The food is always great and the menu is updated every time we go. We had a flounder and risotto special and steak and crab cake. Both were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.FoodLoverVIPDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Langdon's. I had a great salad with goat cheese and a phenomenal porkchop. It was among the vest I have had. My husband had what he described as the best appetizer he has ever had - shrimp with sausage and polenta. It was delicious. My husband a very good filet mignon. The only negative was that we were not seated until 20 minutes after our reservation time. The wait staff was attentive and personable. It did take a little bit to get over the anger over the 20 minute wait but the quality of the food made up for it.Special Features:
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014The foods was amazing. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!saritaVIPDined on 10/7/2014We live near Langdons and can not get enough of this place! Lunch and dinner are both delicious. A must eat place for Mt. Pleasant and Charleston locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday PartyabbydabDined on 10/6/2014The food was delicious and we were treated very well by the staff.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary experience!jhh61Dined on 10/4/2014Langdon's staff made our Anniversary night a wonderful occasion. The food was very good and their beer selection was small but had many great selections. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!WendyDined on 10/3/2014After reading many great reviews we decided to try Langdon's! So glad we did! Not a big place, we got there early hoping to have a drink at the bar...everyone else had the same idea. By the time we were able to sit at the bar our table was ready (still earlier than out reservation time). We were greeted promptly by our server and everything we ordered came out quickly and was fantastic! The shrimp and grits were some of the best I've had! We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations not honoredMP1224Dined on 10/3/2014When we arrived on time for reservation made several days earlier, our table was not ready, and we were told to wait at the bar. After a 15 minute wait, we decided to eat in the bar. The food was good, but sitting on a stool at a small bar table was hardly my idea of a fine dining experience. It is inconsiderate to set a reservation and fail to honor it. It soured my dining experience.
- Hold the SaltfigeacDined on 10/3/2014I had to send back a goat cheese gnocchi appetizer because it was way too salty. I mention this only because adding salt should be up to the customer (many like myself do not add salt and yes, I know that some items do naturally contain salt--a reason to be very careful about adding any and maybe to check the ingredients themselves to be sure they are not overly salty) I rarely refuse an item and the rest of the dinner was superb, but to the restaurant's credit, they were very polite and professional and I'd love to come back. How a restaurant handles a "problem" is a true sign of quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JazzmanDined on 9/27/2014Excellent overall experience. Great menu and very nice selection of daily specials. Plenty of choices on regular menu as well. Server was very knowledgeable about all including wine explanations . Parking being that restaurant is not in town is a big plus as well. Wonderful overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in desserted parking lotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014When finding this restaurant , it appeared to be in a deserted parking lot and were a little concerned that what the restaurant was going to be like , if opened at all. The atmosphere was very nice and food was great! I would go back there again. :-)Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantJbatDined on 9/26/2014Langdon's is the equal of any of Charleston's fine restaurants. The food is excellent, service is top notch and the atmosphere is what would be expected in a restaurant of this type.Special Features:
- Excellent Surprise!4fuud4fuunDined on 9/19/2014First time at this restaurant and wasn't sure what to expect from a little place in a neighborhood grocery store strip center. Langdon's was outstanding. Friendly (but not too!) staff that gave us just the right amount of attention. Needless to say the food (cheese plate starter, wife's fish of the day and my filet) was outstanding or as I heard recently..."off the chain"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The seasonings in the food was unique compare to other local restaurants (it doesn't taste like they share the same receipe) and it was outstanding. Service staff was good, but are not at the level of polisness as similar caliber restaurants. The restaurant was very noisy. It was difficult to carry out a conversation. The restaurant is located in a shopping plaza next to a grocery store, and was a bit difficult to find due to lack of signs. This type of location is more suitable for neighborhood eatery or casual dinning, not for the level of caliber restaurant and price range of Langdon.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysdannondinesVIPDined on 9/12/2014We always look forward to our dinner dates at Langdon's. The food is always wonderful no matter what you get. Very consistent. This time we has the shrimp bisque (ridiculously good!), the scallops (always my fave) and lamb chops and salmon. Another amazing dinner. The service is always outstanding also! We shall be back soon hopefully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as alwaysAwefulDined on 9/10/2014Made my Mother's 91st Birthday special! Food was amazing as always, and the service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday for 8OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We had a great dinner for a party of eight eating ala carte. Only disappointment was there were no gourmet hamburgers on dinner menu. Also, what happened to Whetstone Pinot Noir's? He's a local Charleston boy who is now making fabulous wines in Napa. And he has a loyal SC following.....hint.Special Features:
- LangdonsAlllyVIPDined on 9/6/2014If you live in Mt. Pleasant, you do not need to go over the bridge for a fine dining experience. Our favorite place without the parking hassels and long drive. Their fish is always fresh as well as some interesting salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingsPursuingPinotDined on 9/6/2014I hadn't been to Landgon's for quite awhile. Their restaurant week menu appealed to me and I decided to make a reservation. The first thing that got my attention was how expensive the wine list is. There were few to no bottles of interest to me under the $70 range. I went ahead and ordered a $68 Syrah that was outstanding. We were told that we could mix and match between the restaurant week menu and the regular menu. It all got a bit confusing and I think we ended up paying full price for everything. I questioned our server and he said that was what the kitchen said to charge. My friend and I both found the entrees too salty, which was disappointing. Some salt enhances food, but if there's too much, you're stuck with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Brilliant food, brilliant wine, impeccable service...flawless nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.