778 South Shelmore Blvd.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.owensdininggroup.com/
- Phone: 8433889200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Patrick Langdon Owens
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: They can accommodate groups of up to 20 guests in the dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Owens 8433889200
A word from Langdon's Restaurant
Langdon's Restaurant and Wine Bar is located in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, just across the Cooper River from the historic city of Charleston. Chef and owner Patrick Langdon Owens has taken Lowcountry cooking to a different level. Crispy local grouper served atop brie grits with applewood smoked bacon chardonnay basil cream or pepper crusted tuna over baby greens with avocado relish and wasabi-topped with fried leeks are just two of the many wonderful selections that are featured at Langdon's Restaurant and Wine Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Langdon's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mount Pleasant ›
Langdon's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)special occasion (91)neighborhood gem (83)romantic (66)notable wine list (49)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Food was excellent, while cocktails were very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Always a great mealJuju4756Dined on 10/13/2014They NEVER disappoint. The food is always great and the menu is updated every time we go. We had a flounder and risotto special and steak and crab cake. Both were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food.FoodLoverVIPDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Langdon's. I had a great salad with goat cheese and a phenomenal porkchop. It was among the vest I have had. My husband had what he described as the best appetizer he has ever had - shrimp with sausage and polenta. It was delicious. My husband a very good filet mignon. The only negative was that we were not seated until 20 minutes after our reservation time. The wait staff was attentive and personable. It did take a little bit to get over the anger over the 20 minute wait but the quality of the food made up for it.Special Features:
- wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014The foods was amazing. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!saritaVIPDined on 10/7/2014We live near Langdons and can not get enough of this place! Lunch and dinner are both delicious. A must eat place for Mt. Pleasant and Charleston locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday PartyabbydabDined on 10/6/2014The food was delicious and we were treated very well by the staff.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary experience!jhh61Dined on 10/4/2014Langdon's staff made our Anniversary night a wonderful occasion. The food was very good and their beer selection was small but had many great selections. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!WendyDined on 10/3/2014After reading many great reviews we decided to try Langdon's! So glad we did! Not a big place, we got there early hoping to have a drink at the bar...everyone else had the same idea. By the time we were able to sit at the bar our table was ready (still earlier than out reservation time). We were greeted promptly by our server and everything we ordered came out quickly and was fantastic! The shrimp and grits were some of the best I've had! We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations not honoredMP1224Dined on 10/3/2014When we arrived on time for reservation made several days earlier, our table was not ready, and we were told to wait at the bar. After a 15 minute wait, we decided to eat in the bar. The food was good, but sitting on a stool at a small bar table was hardly my idea of a fine dining experience. It is inconsiderate to set a reservation and fail to honor it. It soured my dining experience.
- Hold the SaltfigeacDined on 10/3/2014I had to send back a goat cheese gnocchi appetizer because it was way too salty. I mention this only because adding salt should be up to the customer (many like myself do not add salt and yes, I know that some items do naturally contain salt--a reason to be very careful about adding any and maybe to check the ingredients themselves to be sure they are not overly salty) I rarely refuse an item and the rest of the dinner was superb, but to the restaurant's credit, they were very polite and professional and I'd love to come back. How a restaurant handles a "problem" is a true sign of quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JazzmanDined on 9/27/2014Excellent overall experience. Great menu and very nice selection of daily specials. Plenty of choices on regular menu as well. Server was very knowledgeable about all including wine explanations . Parking being that restaurant is not in town is a big plus as well. Wonderful overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in desserted parking lotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014When finding this restaurant , it appeared to be in a deserted parking lot and were a little concerned that what the restaurant was going to be like , if opened at all. The atmosphere was very nice and food was great! I would go back there again. :-)Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantJbatDined on 9/26/2014Langdon's is the equal of any of Charleston's fine restaurants. The food is excellent, service is top notch and the atmosphere is what would be expected in a restaurant of this type.Special Features:
- Excellent Surprise!4fuud4fuunDined on 9/19/2014First time at this restaurant and wasn't sure what to expect from a little place in a neighborhood grocery store strip center. Langdon's was outstanding. Friendly (but not too!) staff that gave us just the right amount of attention. Needless to say the food (cheese plate starter, wife's fish of the day and my filet) was outstanding or as I heard recently..."off the chain"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The seasonings in the food was unique compare to other local restaurants (it doesn't taste like they share the same receipe) and it was outstanding. Service staff was good, but are not at the level of polisness as similar caliber restaurants. The restaurant was very noisy. It was difficult to carry out a conversation. The restaurant is located in a shopping plaza next to a grocery store, and was a bit difficult to find due to lack of signs. This type of location is more suitable for neighborhood eatery or casual dinning, not for the level of caliber restaurant and price range of Langdon.Special Features:
- Amazing as alwaysdannondinesVIPDined on 9/12/2014We always look forward to our dinner dates at Langdon's. The food is always wonderful no matter what you get. Very consistent. This time we has the shrimp bisque (ridiculously good!), the scallops (always my fave) and lamb chops and salmon. Another amazing dinner. The service is always outstanding also! We shall be back soon hopefully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as alwaysAwefulDined on 9/10/2014Made my Mother's 91st Birthday special! Food was amazing as always, and the service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday for 8OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We had a great dinner for a party of eight eating ala carte. Only disappointment was there were no gourmet hamburgers on dinner menu. Also, what happened to Whetstone Pinot Noir's? He's a local Charleston boy who is now making fabulous wines in Napa. And he has a loyal SC following.....hint.Special Features:
- LangdonsAlllyVIPDined on 9/6/2014If you live in Mt. Pleasant, you do not need to go over the bridge for a fine dining experience. Our favorite place without the parking hassels and long drive. Their fish is always fresh as well as some interesting salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingsPursuingPinotDined on 9/6/2014I hadn't been to Landgon's for quite awhile. Their restaurant week menu appealed to me and I decided to make a reservation. The first thing that got my attention was how expensive the wine list is. There were few to no bottles of interest to me under the $70 range. I went ahead and ordered a $68 Syrah that was outstanding. We were told that we could mix and match between the restaurant week menu and the regular menu. It all got a bit confusing and I think we ended up paying full price for everything. I questioned our server and he said that was what the kitchen said to charge. My friend and I both found the entrees too salty, which was disappointing. Some salt enhances food, but if there's too much, you're stuck with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Brilliant food, brilliant wine, impeccable service...flawless nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutsandingMariobVIPDined on 8/30/2014Hard to choose but my favorite is the tuna entrée with avocado and slaw...bon appetite.Special Features:
- HappydinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014Langdons staff were very accommodating. Sat us where we requested and were all around wonderful! Food was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Friendsluv2eatitalianfoodVIPDined on 8/26/2014This was our first time eating at Langdon's. It offers an intimate dining area and bar. The food was good but not outstanding. My salmon was good, however my husband's pork chop was overcooked and on the dry side. Also we waited a very long time to receive our salads. The server poured us another glass of wine to compensate for the wait time on the salads. For me it did not live up to being a AAA four diamonds dining experience on the evening that I was there.Special Features:
- Always spot on ...GregDined on 8/23/2014This is by far one of the top restaurants in Charleston. The food is always amazing and the staff is very attentive. We have never had a bad meal, and the food is always cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Food is consistently good.Uncg83Dined on 8/23/2014I have had the pleasure of eating at Langdon's multiple times over the years, the food is always delicious and the staff wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindwellyVIPDined on 8/22/2014This neighborhood bistro is a place with a friendly attitude and very good food. If staying in downtown Charleston, it is worth the 10-15 minute drive to Mt. Pleasant. Local friends introduced us to Langdon's in April; otherwise, we would have never known it existed. The duck breast entree was one of the best I have had. Although the menu is somewhat limited in range, the preparation and quality of ingredients are superb. I would recommend Langdon's to anyone staying or living in the Mt. Pleasant area as well as to Charlestonians who might be looking for something a little different from the downtown restaurant fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at LangdonsWendy5859Dined on 8/21/2014I have been to Langdons many times, one of my most favorite restaurants. I have dined alone at the bar and with friends and have been treated amazingly. I have also eaten in the restaurant which is beautiful. Service is great and consistent. The food is always delicious and when I leave am always looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointingUpscaleDinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014Been to Langdon's several times in the past, and considered it our favorite restaurant. Having not been there for a little over a year, we had the occasion to go for lunch, and took some friends. The food was excellently prepared, but the portions had been cut down considerably, and the once great hand cut fries were no longer exquisite. The diver scallop dish, very delicious, was $16 dollars for 2 scallops - really? The hamburger was the size of a hockey puck, but cooked as ordered. We were somewhat embarrassed that we chose to have lunch here. The final blow- a $25. corkage fee at lunch time was a killer. We have never paid more than $20.corkage fee at the finest of restaurants for dinner. But $25 for lunch- highway robbery.Special Features:
- Very Goodfood13Dined on 8/20/2014Great food and service, will be back. Apps were great, entrees too but don't get the bolognase if you don't like lamb. Dessert and coffee too, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well....luvsitalianVIPDined on 8/15/2014Having asked a friend "Did you ever eat at Langdon's" She said "yes, it's pricey". So that didn't bother me, but when I pay $27 for a pork chop I expect it to be large, or at least thick cut.It was small but very tasty. The apple slaw was very good; something I had never tried before. The wilted spinach was salty, even too salty for my husband's taste and the mashed potatoes lukewarm. My salad however was excellent! My husband had the Bolognese and again the portion was small and for my taste, too much salt. The bartender makes a great cosmo and the bread from Normandy Farms bakery was delicious. But I doubt we will go back.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014We had heard great things about this restaurant and it was delicious! The tuna with avocado was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of our favorites.RandRDined on 8/12/2014Its nice to come back after several years to restaurant which you enjoyed and find the same quality of food and level of service as you enjoyed previously. During a recent trip to Charleston we took the opportunity to eat lunch here rather than combating the crowds at one of the newer downtown spots. We shared a couple of appetizers and mains and then dessert. Space doesn't permit an adequate description of what we ate except to say the shrimp, scallops and salmon were expertly prepared and paired with a variety od sides that enhanced without overpowering them.Special Features:
- Favorite!SusanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always enjoy our dinner at Langdon's. It is a lovely way to spend the evening with friends or family. The food and service are exceptional.Special Features:
- Our Experience2for2brunchDined on 8/7/2014An excellent dining spot in mids of Mount Pleasant. The food and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodFanaticVIPDined on 8/6/2014The title of my review says it all. It was our first time there and loved it and look forward to going back and trying something different on the menu. I had the Market Fish and it was outstanding. If your a lover of choclate chip cookies make sure you have one for dessert. OMG to die for.Special Features:
- best food everTheBrazilian2014Dined on 8/2/2014extremely good fresh food! the best I ever ate! The best of the Best...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:
- Hidden Gem in Mount PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014The ribeye was absolutely fabulous and the best I have had in Charleston. I also recommend the foie gras for an appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 8/1/2014This is an outstanding restaurant, probably the best in the Charleston area. The service is unobtrusive, yet proficient. Just the right amount, but not hovering. The food is always extraordinary and well presented. It sets the standard!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Mt. PleasantcatlingtonDined on 7/30/2014Having lived in Charleston for many years and sampled the beef filet at numerous restaurants throughout the city, we can unequivocally say that Langdon's has the best filet in town. Always cooked to perfection with a luscious reduction. Plus, the service is impeccable. What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.