Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa
1 Langdon Drive
Cambridge, ON N3H 4R8Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$51 and over
Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.langdonhall.ca/
- Phone: 5197402100x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 10:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 2:00pm, Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International, International
- Executive Chef: Jason Bangerter
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa
Come and taste the magic that acclaimed Chef Jason Bangerter is creating. With an exceptional wine cellar, Kathleen Moore can recommend a wine pairing to go along with the wonderful seasonal menu.The Dining Room at Langdon Hall has been awarded the coveted Five Diamond Award from AAA/CAA. Only a handful of restaurants from around the world earn this prestigious distinction. With a chefs kitchen garden on property the menus change often taking their influence from the harvest that we receive.Continued
Wilks' Bar is a wonderful alternative for those looking for a casual setting for lunch and dinner.
Wilks' Bar is a wonderful alternative for those looking for a casual setting for lunch and dinner.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (14)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (11)scenic view (8)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- expected morelovetoeatDined on 10/12/2014gorgeous setting but lately langdon's quality and service has decreased. lacking in flavour and portion sizes being even smaller one would expect much more for the high prices they charge both for food and wine. another note from the appetizer course to mains, we waited 45 minutes. this has always been my favourite place but sadly the vibe has changed so much....hope they improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrSandraVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The food is exquisiteSpecial Features:
- Absolutely fantasticMagnificentVIPDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful farm to table or grown on property ingredients. Magnificent dishes with great flair and presentation. Fantastic service from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave. If you are in the Toronto area it is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awsomewillng2tryDined on 8/14/2014The food was everything we expected and then some. Presentation of every dish was a feast for the eyes. The food was exquisite, with unexpected tastes coming through in every bite obviously based on unusual ingredients the chef very cleverly uses to compliment the dish. Definitely not your average dining spot.Special Features:
- Fabulous ExperienceNebbieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food here is delicately prepared with local ingredients. Dining room is nicely decorated and faces a gorgeous garden. Service is top notch. The only flaw is the proximity of the tables (too intimate with other diners at times). $400 for two tasting menus and a bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Where to begin..FrankDined on 8/4/2014First off the location of the outdoor dining area is beautiful. Set under a lovely old tree with the view of the gardens. For a 5 star property I found the restaurant service to be very poor. They could take some lessons from other fine establishments like Niagara winery region. It won't take much to take this place up a notch to be deserving of its ratings. The presentation of the food is very nice yet the food was less than spectacular, leaving you hungry and staring at the white empty plate. I understand everything is from local farms but the meals can have a bit more food for the price.Special Features:
- Truly Fine DiningRebeccaDined on 7/12/2014What a wonderful way to mark our 27th wedding anniversary . We had the tasting menu with venison as we did not want the pigeon ( bad experience with pigeon when in Amsterdam). We recommend the wine pairings as it truly did enhance the meal. The menu was well balanced and we really did enjoy the lobster, scallop and venison. Dishes were arranged beautifully and we enjoyed the use of the local herbs. The best tasting menu we had in a long time. Service is impeccable. Serv ice was friendly, attentive, generous and the sommelier shared willingly about the wines. She is very knowledgeable. A wonderful dinner. Great staff including the receptionist who warmly greeted us to Langdon Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special treatmichelinVIPDined on 7/1/2014Beautiful stop on the way to Stratford theatre. If the weather permits...beautiful surroundings to dine outside. Food is mostly grown in Ontario and very imaginatrly put together and presented artistically.Special Features:
- The following 43 reviews are from the Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa reviews archive.
- Fantastic!CaballeroDined on 6/14/2014Took my wife for her birthday; very romantic! Excellent staff, service was impeccable. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Beautiful - as always.LauraVIPDined on 2/16/2014Langdon Hall is as special as it has always been. The food was amazing, the service wonderful, and we loved the pianist! We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Home runMarciaVIPDined on 2/11/2014The dinner at Langdon Hall for my 65th birthday lived up to all my expectations. Every bite filled my mouth and soul with requisite sensations. I had the barley and sweet onion tart and the Lingcod. The names and descriptions on the menu did not do justice to the taste experience. For dessert I ordered the Winter Trifle which was also a hit. I have been to Langdon Hall for many special occasions over the years. In fact the first time we went was about 24 years ago. They have kept the place in immaculate condition and I have noticed over the years how they are always redecorating. Nothing gets shabby there. And the service was quiet and elegant. I feel very fortunate that we have a restaurant of this caliber in Waterloo Region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid surroundings!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/1/2014Amazing house and property, top notch service and impeccable food all makes for an amazing experience...worth the drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year TreatAnneDined on 1/1/2014We decided to try something different this year and booked a New Year's Day brunch at Langdon Hall. Our party of five really enjoyed the whole experience and made a memorable day for us. The buffet was a feast for the eyes and I was tempted to try a little of everything. My favourite had to be the cheese plate which was accompanied by walnuts, fruit and french bread. Being a cheese person, my main selection was the very cheesy mac and cheese which was very rich and satisfying. The dessert table was equally tempting. I thought the brunch was very good value and I will certainly be back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magic at Langdon Hall!tanyatDined on 12/23/2013We booked before Christmas for a romantic lunch for 2 on Dec 23. Then the storm hit and knocked out power. Langdon Hall kindly advised that lunch would be a cold buffet instead of full menu. Well when we arrived it was a winter wonderland and were seated, we found a beautiful and delicious hot buffet (check for yummy food!). The food was incredible and we were impressed with what the chef came up with during a power outage!! The wine list was a book! We found something from the working wine refrigerator that was perfect for our lunch. Service was helpful and not intrusive. Our lunch spanned almost 3 hours (because we were enjoying ourselves so much) and not once were we made to feel rushed! It was a magical day! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!CanadianFoodieDined on 11/2/2013We've been to Langdon Hall a number of times, and it is always delicious and excellent service. They've changed their breakfast menu, but it is still very good value for the quality of restaurant. We go for special occasions and it always feels like a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely night outsnowomynDined on 10/26/2013We were there on a Saturday night, with a group of 8. They easily accommodated the party size. There was bread and butter to start, then a lovely amuse bouche of heirloom carrots and dip. The table had a wide variety of appetizers and mains. The wine, selected by the help of the sommelier, was excellent and the glasses were replenished often. Dessert was amazing, and they even humored the selection of an appetizer (the scallops were that good) as a dessert. We've been to Langdon at least ten times in the last decade and it never fails to deliver for a special night out. It was a new chef (less than 2 weeks) but the change was not noticeable to us (we had last been in a year ago).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sitting on it's pastmooseDined on 10/9/2013I think when Jason arrives there is a good chance for LH to regain it's past accoloades, he was spectacular at Auberge. Dinner last night was underwhelming. Good but not what you expect and pay for from LH. I must say though the dessert was excellent, the service as good as ever and the atmosphere excellent, except they put everyone in one end of the dining room which created a high noise level and the feeling of being crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night outTheGratefulFedDined on 9/27/2013Have planned on eating here for a long time. Staff in and out of restaurant very helpful. Enjoyed the service and the food. Nice choices of drinks Food very flavorful. Enjoyed it thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2013Loved the venue and ambience but the staff were trying too hard to be "fine dining" and not succeeding. They were NOT accommodating and did not have the competent panache they aimed for. The portions were attractively presented but ridiculously small even for a small eater. I was very disappointed since this has such potential.Special Features:
- Pleasant surroundings, wonderfulMrsMcDined on 9/3/2013Pleasant surroundings, wonderful food and superb service. A truly great evening, friendly and knowledgeable service - will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always my favorite, especiallyAmandaBozDined on 9/3/2013Always my favorite, especially for my birthday. The food was exceptionally wonderful this visit. Lots of fresh food from the gardens and always stunning presentation. Thanks again for another perfect dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingsJetTechDined on 8/31/2013We certainly had great expectations coming to Langdon Hall. My brother has been several times and and the reviews are great. To celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary we decided to try LH The patio was a beautiful, quiet place to spend our dinner but weren't expecting half-naked swimmers cutting through the dining area all evening. The staff were all very personable and knowledgeable. We came here expecting an amazing meal with complex layers of flavour but several dishes were surprisigly bland. The Cured Beef Tenderloin and Blueberry Souffle were rather disappointing. The Glazed Squash with Le Puy lentils was misleading, only about 2tbsp mixed in with barley The overall ambiance and beautiful garden saved the evening.Special Features:
- We had Easter Brunch at theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/31/2013We had Easter Brunch at the Langdon Hall. It was so nice. Beautiful setting looking out at the woods. The ambiance was warm and relaxing, not stuffy. The food was amazing. Delicious and so beautifully presented. The piano was excellent, not intrusive or stuffy, just the right ambiance. It was very elegant and delicious, and made Easter very special. We might make this a new family tradition!Special Features:
- Had a great time. Went withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Had a great time. Went with my wife. Romantic atmosphere for sure. Soft piano playing in the background. The food was also good and different from usual. Deserts were fantastic.Special Features:
- Langdon is a great place toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2013Langdon is a great place to go for a special occasion. We had a great time, enjoyed a great bottle of wine and some wonderful food.Special Features:
- As we do everytime we visitAmandaBozDined on 2/2/2013As we do everytime we visit Langdon Hall, we had a great experience! Staff are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly, and far exceed any standard or expectation, the atmosphere is perfect - made even more so when someone started playing the piano near the end of our meal - and the food is to die for. I always joke that Langdon is one place I can never order more than one course, because with the delicious house made bread and butter, and various culinary treats that are comliments of the chef (between courses and sweet treats at the end), I would never have room for everything. We will certainly be back, and hopefully next time it's an overnight stay so we can take advantage of everything else they have to offer!Special Features:
- Excellent dining at Langodn HallOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/27/2013Returned to Langdon Hall for dinner. It was just as wonderful the second time. The delicately flavoured digby scallop soup had scallop scented potatoes. The albacore tuna with oyster mushrooms was a captivating combination of flavours, while the seasonal green salad was a generous serving of fresh organic greens. Mains that we ordered included a hearty short rib, a very tasty wild Lake Huron trout which is a local specialty and melt in your mouth fresh lobster. Dessert was an amazing Honey souffle with a thick syrupy earl grey tea infused creme anglaise.Special Features:
- As they have the privilegesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2012As they have the privileges of the greens, I wish they can offer more vege dishes for vegetarian. Having said that, the services are excellent, food is fantastic.Special Features:
- Top class all the way! FoodMikePDined on 7/28/2012Top class all the way! Food well prepared and presented, with attentive service. Great atmosphere in a classic country "house".Special Features:
- The food was heavenly andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012The food was heavenly and the entire experience devine!!Special Features:
- A true dining experienceMarciaVIPDined on 7/5/2012Langdon Hall never fails to impress. We are so lucky to have this gem in our area. And it is not overpriced. It is worth every penny considering the quality of food service and ambiance. But don't go if you want meat and potatoes and want to eat and run. This place is for a true dining experience. Go with friends who can keep the conversation going for a couple of hours.Special Features:
- It was a great evening. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2012It was a great evening. The service, the food and presentation were fantastic! Made a special night very memorable!Special Features:
- Loved that most of the foodkflanDined on 4/14/2012Loved that most of the food was locally grown, as in their own backyard!Special Features:
- Perfect Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/28/2011This place is excellent and stacks up against the best restaurants any day. Chef even went out of his way to make my wife a lobster omelette that was not on the menu. Always a favorite.Special Features:
- Living up to the reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2011I love a restaurant where the service staff are not afraid to spell out their favorite dishes rather than try to say that everything is great. We didn't fall in love with all that we ordered but we found everything that we ordered to be creative and of a high standard in taste. This restaurant is not to be missed if you are a foodie who lives or vists the area. Just one more point regarding the opentable reservation, we called to move forward the time of the reservation and also when we showed up, every time it seemed like the person on the other side couldn't locate our booking. In fact, we got seated with the impression that our reservation had not been located but we had been accomodated nevertheles. This needs to be looked into.Special Features:
- Not as good as it once wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2011We've been frequenting the dining here for several years now and in our last few visits we have noticed the the quality has slipped. Granted, the food and overall experience is much better than most restaurants, but it no longer matches the levels we expect for the price. The food is fresh and well prepared, however the servings have become noticeably smaller. The service is professional and polite, but on this occasion it was lacking. As an example, my coffee cup arrived before my dessert but I did not actually get any coffee until after I had eaten my dessert - a full 15 minutes after the cup was on the table. I will still recommend Langdon Hall - but conditionally. It has been a lot better in the past.
- Excellent venue for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2011Excellent venue for a special 5th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- ambiance & service were topsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/25/2011food presentation was fine. my vegetables with the lamb were all bitter (cauliflower, parsnip). the sauce for one of my lamb portions look like mayonnaise. the lamb was moist and tender, though not as medium rare as asked. nothing on the dinner or dessert menu looked all that impressive. i would rate my food 7.0 out of 10.0, whereas my girlfriend would rate hers 7.5. considering the steep prices, one would expect his/her meal to be more impressive. you need a gps to find your way back from the washrooms.Special Features:
- Countey gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2011The spectacular estate, house, dining room, and outdoor grounds impress when you first arrive. The service is stellar - excellent wine menus and tasting menus options. Dining available in the extraordinary dining rooms (large tables ideal for groups) and in the bar - which is (strangely) quieter, with seating for couples. A hidden gem outside of Toronto. free valet parking Dinner for 2 incl: taxes, 2 bottles of good wine and tip 500$Special Features:
- I found that the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011I found that the food was very good but not great for the price. I did not like the wine list as it had far to many wines to choose from and unless you spend your life studying wines, you are guessing at what to order. The service is excellent, the soft music was nice, I felt like I was sitting in the middle of the room with the table we had. For two people and only me having a cocktail and a glass of wine, our bill was $400.00. Money is not an issue for us and I don't mind spending money on a night out but the price of this restaurant is to much. If they knocked it back a third, they would be busier and could make the same money, unless they are only interested in the rich and famous, otherwise leave it. I won't be back for the cost issue.